Taper, Take Two

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Taper, Take Two

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Hey Martin! I'm doing pretty well. Taking a bit longer to adjust to 2.5 but I'm getting there. It will happen! Glad to hear that you're doing well at 3. That's great. I've been dropping by only .25 mg's since about 5. I don't know, it just seems easier to me. It will take more time, but I believe that I will experience less suffering at this rate.

Did you know that there are 4 mg/1 mg strips? Actually they are just 2 mg strips that have not been cut. They're square. Since you're on 3 mg's you could bank more stash with the 4/1 strips. Just cut them suckers in half & viola you have a 2 mg strip. I've been getting them for months now.

Sorry to hear your Dr. makes you go to a group therapy nazi that believes that anyone should stay on this shit long term. :gaah: I sincerely hope that 1 day everyone will know that sub should only be used as a short term solution (if that). Somehow we've got to get this information to the people that need it the most! This is what I hope for the future.

PS. Are you guys talking about Al Di Meola? The hubs & I saw him in concert several times back in the 80's. That guy is awesome!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Damn...you and the hubs are fucking special! I always wished to see chick corea and return to forever. Still love me some Stanley Clarke and I forget other dudes names....

Jean Luc Ponty is one of my favs too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Can't find singles but it's all good.

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Oh wow, I haven't thought about all of these special guys in years! What a wonderful walk down memory lane. Unfortunately, my love of music has not returned yet. I've been to what seems like a million concerts in my time. I've always been a huge music lover.

This is one thing that I just can't hardly wait for. I know it's coming though...
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 pm

CatsMeow wrote:Oh wow, I haven't thought about all of these special guys in years! What a wonderful walk down memory lane. Unfortunately, my love of music has not returned yet. I've been to what seems like a million concerts in my time. I've always been a huge music lover.

This is one thing that I just can't hardly wait for. I know it's coming though...

Yes, there are times all I want is deathly quiet or some very low key classical in the background. I hate noise...I guess it's just me sometimes. Everyone else seems fine banging out tunes.

Where I live is close to an Air Force jet fighter base. I cuss those afterburners every day. Damn it...I hear one right now. Some days are worse than others as they love to use this county for training. Lots of landmarks I guess....I live across the street from one of them.....we also get noise from Bragg and camp lejeune....where I work is close to Bragg. Boom...the ground shakes...but they are still 30 miles away. It's creepy being in the middle of americas war machines....just saying.

I want to b able to hear stuff...maybe that's why I don't use tv or radio....and damn a commercial stopset on the radio. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I used to be in radio...I know how that shit works....drives me nuts. :roll: :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :thumbdown: I have never met a radio ad I liked. :punchballs:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 am

How ya doing Martin? Did you drop or decide to stay at 3 for now? I hope you'll take it low & slow. I do it so I suffer less. I want to be good & strong when it gets really difficult below 1 mg. I don't do future schedules though. Too depressing. It's going to take a good long while for me to taper off this shit so I just need to stay patient. Besides, sometimes I can't drop when I'm "scheduled". Gotta listen to your body first.

Good luck with the Dr's appointment on Monday. Hope everything goes well!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Martin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 pm

I am doing great. I'm going to once again try to reduce over the weekend
probably to 2.5 maybe to 2. (This feels like Deja Vu.....haven't I been here before???? I think I have)
Only problem I'm having is with Leg Cramps. This is normal for me when I'm detoxing. And nothing gives me any relief - not bananas, not vitamins. My calves twitch constantly and it drives me crazy because I know that any minute it could cramp up and put me in agony. Does anybody know of any remedies other than banana's or vitamins?
Any home remedies you all know of?

What did you do in radio Cheeps? I too briefly worked in radio back in the late 80's.
(I was an overnight "DJ" at a locally owned easy listening station-it was a joke, but it was a great start and
I didn't know what I had) I miss radio's glory days and I loathe what it has become - especially the advertising.
I'm ecstatic that I can stream the music I want anywhere and rarely do I even listen to the radio anymore.
Once I get a wireless connection in my car - I won't listen anymore. I'm just getting old! I still believe music requires guitars and uh, talent. :shred:
Benzo Free June 2015
Sub Free Dec 2015 For about a year
Back on Sub June 2017, 8mg a day
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Hey Martin. Why don't you wait until those leg cramps are done before you drop? Then drop by only .25 mg's? I wait until every last WD symptom is gone before I drop. Sometimes it takes more days than others, but I just listen to my body. If it's hurting, I stand on my dose.

A drop from 3 to 2.5 is big. A drop from 3 to 2 is huge. Please try to grab a hold of all the patience you can & wait until those leg cramps stop. Your legs will thank you for it. This is not a race... it's a process.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Martin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Good Advice CAt, but I feel so really really good in all other respects. I probably should have mentioned that these are a problem at any dosage (probably because I run), but yes detoxing does makes them more frequent but without any discernible pattern: I was fine/stable for over week at 3mg, then all of a sudden they start in on me. Proceed with caution?
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Oh Martin, I wish I had more advice. Only you can know when your body is ready for such a big drop. I'm sorry that your leg cramping is chronic. I hate those things. I'm glad you're feeling so good on 3 mg's. I know you're ready to get this show on the road, as they say.

I guess my thought is what's the harm in holding on 3 mg for a full 14 days to see if those cramps get back to normal instead of "more frequent"? Patience grasshopper. :)
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Martin wrote:Good Advice CAt, but I feel so really really good in all other respects. I probably should have mentioned that these are a problem at any dosage (probably because I run), but yes detoxing does makes them more frequent but without any discernible pattern: I was fine/stable for over week at 3mg, then all of a sudden they start in on me. Proceed with caution?

I took some runners juice called Hot Shots Sub4seven got them too but i think he left his sitting on the shelf. Google them and take up to 800mgs of magnesium....but that higher dose could give you the trots....but it helped me.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Martin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks Cheeps - I will most definitely look into that. The muscle spasms have dissappeared,
but I'm sure they will be back!
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby Martin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Well, I think I have reached the so-called sweet spot. I'm down to two.
The world around me seems so more real and in focus. This is what
"normal" should feel like I guess. At least what I think normal
should feel like. Not under the influence, not sick. just right.

My histamine production is returning. I'm enjoying a
runny nose, and eyes that don't burn from being so dry
while I read. I no longer require a steady diet of legumes
and stool softners - I'll spare you the details!

I kind of skipped the 2.5mg stage, mostly because 1.25 slivers
are a hassle to measure and cut on the fly.
But 2 has kept me well and functioning just fine.
I will feel any drops from here on out.- so I gotta be
careful and precise from here on out. I have
been here before - 2 is the threshold between
well and sick.

I got my 2mg strips at the doctor.
That was crazy. I was all worried he
was going to kick me out, or corral me into
group therapy with the sub-nazi and all her
sheep. When he told the the nurse to skip my
UA test I was sure I was done for. But no, he was just
overjoyed to see me. He asked me what I
wanted and wrote me a script for 2 months worth.
I was in and out of there in 15 minutes flat! It
was too easy.
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Wow Martin this is fantastic news! :clap: So you dropped from 3 to 2 and are fine in only 5 days? That is so great to hear. I'm also happy at how well your Dr. visit went. Working with the 2 mg strips is going to be so much easier. :D

Way to go! Your taper is going so well. Keep up the good work. I've also heard that 2 mg is a sweet spot. I'm slowly but surely working myself there too. I hope to see great progress when I get there too.

Glad to hear your leg cramps are much better too!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Previous

Return to Sub Sux