Mare counts down from 8

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Mare counts down from 8

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:45 am

Hey Mare. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope all is well.

Cat
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:15 pm

CatsMeow wrote:Hey Mare. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope all is well.

Cat

Me too. I was reading up a little on vegan. It was a forum of sorts I guess :problem: and some peeps reported having issues after a year of hard core veganism. You may not need too give up all cheeses or eggs. :shrug:

But everyone is different...interesting though too read on peeps stories with it.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Hey! I'm doing good! Sorry to go dark for a while there. I downloaded Candy crush after years of not playing it and my internet time kind of got sucked away, plus all this focus on my diet and my new video game system...

It's been about 14 days now at 1.75mg and I think I'm gonna make the drop to 1.5 tomorrow. I'm feeling good, really energized off the food I've been eating. I can't really imagine not being able to get the same nutrients I was getting before, since I have kind of been a crap eater for a long time. Especially the dairy and eggs thing, since I rarely ate anything involving those items that weren't desserts! Or Cheetos, or cheeseburgers. So far I feel really good and can't imagine wanting to go back. I have seen a few things online about not getting every vitamin and nutrient out of a vegan diet, but there are just as many sources offering the solution. We'll just have to see where it goes. I'm sure holidays will be hard, but I'm giving myself a full year to figure it out before they come back around. I'll just make a lot of sides and substitute the butter with margarine!

This morning for breakfast I had an amazing smoothie and a couple servings of 6 grain hot cereal with kiwis. Before this diet, my breakfast was a box of coconut water and Suboxone. My lunch would be a giant cheeseburger with French fries and my dinner would be Cheetos and wine. So bad! I'm sad just thinking about it.

I'm having trouble cutting up my doses evenly at this point, and not losing any. My little pill box opens up in my purse and I've lost a total of 3mg this week.. :( maybe I can find a zippered pouch for the box.

Happy New Year!

Here's a recipe for a really great smoothie with "cleansing" benefits. I've been having it every morning.

1 cup cilantro (full stalks!)
1 cup frozen mangoes
.5 cup fresh pineapple
2 whole kiwis (I leave the skin on for extra fiber)
1 celery stalk
.5 tsp Ginger (fresh grated or from a jar)
1.5 cups coconut water

It's kind of startling at first with all that cilantro, so take a small first sip! Every sip after that is so good!
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Sounds like an asshole ripper to me!!!! The amount of fiber in that thing would make beaver jealous!!! :rofl: :rofl: Mare...start me out a little simpler... :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Yes. it's definitely a pooper! Fast acting too, not recommended as a to-go breakfast cause you'll need the bathroom fast! Remove the celery and skin the kiwis, and maybe cut the cilantro down to a half cup. Still delicious! You can mix and match the fruits, just don't remove all the sweet stuff otherwise it's disgusting. I ran out of kiwis and mangos and forgot to cut my pineapple last night and BLEUGH it was nasty as just cilantro, celery, ginger and coconut water. But it made me feel like Jamie Lee Curtis in that Activia commercial! Animated arrows and all. Who needs yogurt??

Also I can't get this out of my head.. Mulder on mushrooms

https://youtu.be/UQm6CGwMhVU

Mare

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:48 am

Hahahahahahahaha....that's pretty good.....I needs me some of that! Only I can't dance so that's out for me. :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Mulder doing the Pulp Fiction dance is one of my new favorite things.

I'm on my third day or so of this drop to 1.5mg. It's been a rough one. I've been chilly a lot, having trouble getting asleep and staying asleep, feeling lethargic and just kind of blah, and also havin terrifying nightmares every night so far. Hopefully the nightmares will pass soon because those are so disruptive! Other than those, I'm pretty okay. My new diet has been great! I made some homemade black bean burgers and those were GREAT! I'm hopeful that I will be continued to be pleased and excited about my new vegan lifestyle. It's hard sometimes but I think I've got a lot figured out already.

I love you guys and I'm sorry I've been MIA as of late. I'll try to catch up on reading any threads I've missed out on. Happy new year to you all!

Mare

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 am

Need burger recipe....pleases?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:34 pm

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/222247/veg ... n-burgers/ I used this one which is pretty forgiving based on what's available to you. I'm a 28 year old who doesn't have many spices and hates buying them so I had to omit some of the spices but I just used Lawry's for what I was missing and it worked out! Pretty tasty stuff! Make sure to grease the pan or tin foil to. I thought the foil was enough but that shit stuck to it. With a little love I was able to separate it without crumbling the burgers. I tried Chao vegan "cheez" slices which were pretty good!

Mare

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:12 pm

So glad to hear from you Mare. Best of luck on your drop to 1.5. I hope that things even out for you really fast. Great job on such a drastic change of diet. Those black bean burgers sound excellent! I'm a meat kind of gal, but I eat a ton of veggies too.

Anyway, so glad you're back posting. So downwards & upwards (as I like to say).

Cat
Last edited by CatsMeow on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Mare....I'll give that a look.

Do you realize in two months how far you have come?? It is fucking amazing at how well you have progressed and dropped. You mentioned a window of time when you signed on...do you still see that as the right time. I know you've learned so much about your body's way of dealing with this s crap. I mean damn, you pulled off 6.5 in two months.

I just wanted to say BRAVO...and so glad you are doing it NOW!!! Much kudos to you....if you find yourself drawing inward....that's to be expected....but now it's really time to listen to your body, getting under 1.5 this quickly is a huge deal. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:06 am

I also applaud you on your tapering Mare. Getting down to 1.5 is just awesome. I'm hoping that the symptoms are beginning to subside. I like the way you're staying on a dose for 2 weeks now. That's so smart! Are you planning on tapering more slowly now? Going to percentages instead of .5 mg's each time? Maybe the bad feelings won't be so bad if you drop just a bit less than .5 mg's. at 1.5 that's a huge drop % now.

Staying busy & having fun is a good thing. This sub taper is consuming me. I can't help it. I will be so happy for the day I don't have to deal with this shit 24/7.

Hope you're feeling well today.
CatsMeow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 am

Hey Mare...Sorry I haven’t come by to say hello for a while. I just got caught up on your thread and am thrilled that you have adopted a health promoting, disease reversing, animal protein free diet. Supplement your B12 eventually. A good multi without any vitamin A or iron is a good choice. There’s significant problems with vitamin A supplementation. I have reframed from shop talk on SubSux and will probably stay that way but look into that one, it’s important.

There are studies that when people do significant diet changes quitting other things becomes much easier, like quitting smoking and medications. Lots of data on this.

Cat you wrote you try to stay away from complex carbohydrates...it may be a typo or misunderstanding. You want to avoid non-complex or simple (refined) carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates contain some of the most powerful anti cancer, anti inflammatory and protective array of micronutrients and are essential for health.

Try NutritionFacts.org. And Physicians Comittee for Responsible Medicine, both great sources for the most current, evidence-based, concensus view of the most informed and rational scientific community, and great places to find vegan burger recipies.

Mare...you’re crushing it. You’re doing great and improving other equally important areas of your life as well. So when you get off sub you’ll be so much more than just off a medication. Getting off sub is just part of a bigger picture that you’re creating, a brighter, happier, healthier you.

Keep it up dude.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 am

Subverted DietDoc wrote:
Cat you wrote you try to stay away from complex carbohydrates...it may be a typo or misunderstanding. You want to avoid non-complex or simple (refined) carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates contain some of the most powerful anti cancer, anti inflammatory and protective array of micronutrients and are essential for health.

Definitely used the wrong word! Sorry about that DietDoc! I know what to avoid, just said the wrong thing. My bad. I hope Mare knew what I was talking about. So glad you're here to keep us on the straight & narrow with our diets (& our words). It's opened my eyes to what I should & should not be eating. Like you said, it's something that we CAN control. Haha, at least I'm in control of something here! :thumbup:

Hope y'all are feeling well today SDD & Mare!
CatsMeow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 pm

You too...and I really think Mare should strongly consider Belbuca.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Mare » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Thank you Cheeps and Cat, it has been really fast so far! I expected it to be done by now, and I'm really glad to have found SubSux and have figured out a better way. Even though it's more time than I had originally anticipated, I'm really happy with how much time I'm spending doing this.

SDD, thank you for stopping by and saying hi! Glad that you approve of my new diet. I'll check out the things you mentioned and let you know. So far I've been eating a ton of flax seed every day for my omegas and nutritional yeast for the B. I have some more vitamins and supplements that I need to get back into taking. For a while I tried, but I wasn't eating regular meals and kind of bit off more than I could chew (or bought more than I could swallow). I have a stockpile of l tyrosine, grapeseed extract, 5htp, antioxidant vitamins, St John's Wort, Tryptophan, biotin, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. Maybe since I'm eating breakfast now I can try again.

Sorry for being so absent. I got sucked into my life lately which has been cool but then I feel guilt around not posting and I feel so behind on the threads I was following. I'm gonna focus on my own until I'm back in the swing.

My drop to 1.5mg was about 12 days ago now. I had nightmares for 10 days. Haunting stuff, waking up screaming or shaking or terrified every time. I've been okay other than that. A little grumpiness, some eye watering and lots and lots of yawning. I've been having normal dreams but less sleep the past few days. 5 hours is normal for me now. Eating well, working fine. Today I cut my doses for the week and I just said screw it, I'm going down now instead of waiting 2 more days. My plan is drop every 10-14 days, so I'm in range. Today will be the first day of 1.25mg for me. Let the nightmares return!

Mare

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Damn girl...you are brave!! But I get ya....damn the torpedoes...full speed ahead!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:26 am

What do you think of taking Belbuca one you get to 1 mg? I cannot recommend this strongly enough. You’re not changing anything. It’s the exact same drug
you’re already taking. It’s the difference between taking 20 mg of oxycodone or 10 mg of oxycodone.

Any good doctor will will fax your pharmacy an approval order for all 7 doses. You might want to only take 5 for 10 days each...whatever fits you best...but at least you’ll know what your on. I want to see everyone use Belbuca under 1 mg. You should never have to cut a film again. It’s not meant to be cut. Anyway, I hope you get Belbuca. It’s how you taper off buprenorphine medically.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey Mare, how are you doing on 1.25? I so understand you wanting to drop dose as soon as possible. I was going to hold during year end at work, but I did drop my usual .25. I'm really paying for it now. :gaah:

Oh well, I'll probably survive at work and I keep my taper going too.

I know you had nightmares on that last drop. I sure hope that's not happening again. Keep up the good work girl!
Stop by when you can.
CatsMeow

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 am

Mare, take it easy. The nightmares could just be fear of pushing forward. It's a scary deal to keep pushing lower when you feel like you're not stable in the first place. And then the thoughts of "how am I going to keep going through this?" start to make it seem much harder than it is. Worry about today, now. Learn to listen to your body, not the calendar, you will thank yourself later for developing that intuition. When I was tapering, I would split dose until I started realizing I'd "forget" to take the 2nd dose quite often, meaning time for a drop. Don't force it. I mean really, who "forgets" to take sub. But you know when you need it, otherwise you wouldn't be thinking about it and feeling the pain. There are 3 speeds to a taper. Slow, stalled and reverse Stay between slow and stalled and you'll be fine. You can't beat the sub in 1 battle, you need to climb that mountain every day. Make sure it's a mountain you want to climb, that you can climb. Don't put your hero cape on and end up traumatizing or damaging yourself just to make this whole ordeal 1 or 2 months shorter. Slow and steady wins the race, like the turtle vs the rabbit. Be the turtle Mare. Be the turtle.
Sub4Sevenyrs

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux