Need Help

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Need Help

Postby Mare » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:30 am

bic2chick wrote:He is on day 4 and it's been super good! Has had very minimal withdrawal symptoms -- some nausea, tiredness/weakness, and, of course, insomnia (but he had that before he started sub, so that was to be expected). His appetite is returning. He's taking it easy, does some exercises, and is vegging out with movies/TV...all-in-all I'd say we've been pretty lucky! Thanks for asking.

Very happy to hear that Bic. It really warms my heart to see you on here going to bat for him. Glad he has someone supporting him without judgement. It's really neat to see! :clap: Just keep looking out for him the best you can, and don't take it personally if he gets cranky a little ways down the road. It's part of the process! Rooting for you both!
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby bic2chick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 am

Thanks, Mare...no judgment; we all have our burdens and, at times, he carries mine. We're in this together...so I keep doing whatever I can for whatever he needs. WE can do this!!
bic2chick

Postby Mare » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:07 am

That's the spirit! I love it. Keep on keeping on. Happy for you and happy for him

Mare

Postby bic2chick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks again, and good luck to you, too...
p.s. I love your drawing of you...
bic2chick

Postby Mare » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you and thank you Bic! :D

Mare

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:54 pm

16mg/day for Kratom use? That's insanity. Great job getting him off before he even got on.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby bic2chick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Thank you. With the great help from this forum and the excellent people here, we managed to jump off at the 20 day mark. Steven Scanlan, M.D., who runs PBOD, gives you high marks for the work here.
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:31 pm

bic2chick wrote:Thank you. With the great help from this forum and the excellent people here, we managed to jump off at the 20 day mark. Steven Scanlan, M.D., who runs PBOD, gives you high marks for the work here.

I'm curious....where was this mentioned? I've read his stuff but not lately. Thanks for letting us know!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:52 pm

At the bottom of his website you guys are mentioned, including ratch

Article name is: detoxing from sub: fear is caused by a lack of knowledge
www.pbod.org

Stillmind said it's an outstanding article...
bic2chick

Postby bic2chick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Here we are on day 10 and almost back to normal -- appetite returned, sense of humor and emotions returned, no diarrhea, no vomiting, very little stomach ailments, no headaches, no RLS, able to do some chores (still gets a little tired), mostly able to sleep through the night. Things are looking good!!
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 pm

bic2chick wrote:Here we are on day 10 and almost back to normal -- appetite returned, sense of humor and emotions returned, no diarrhea, no vomiting, very little stomach ailments, no headaches, no RLS, able to do some chores (still gets a little tired), mostly able to sleep through the night. Things are looking good!!

So glad to hear this!! Now burn whatever sub was left...get it out of the house pronto!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:37 pm

We have a fire pit out back...seems like the best place to get rid of it! Thanks for all your encouragement; hope our story helps someone else. Take care, and keep us posted of your progress, Cheeps...with love & light...
bic2chick

Postby bic2chick » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm

We have a fire pit out back...seems like the best place to get rid of it! Thanks for all your encouragement; hope our story helps someone else. Take care, and keep us posted of your progress, Cheeps...with love & light...
bic2chick

Postby Mare » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Awesome to hear he's made it through the rough physical phase. Glad he made it out before the subs took a real hold on him. So proud of him, and proud of you for helping him like this. Good work

Mare

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 am

now THATS what I call a success story. Excellent job. :thumbup:
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby stillmind » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:57 pm

UPDATE: WHOO-HOO! :crazy: I made it! *with all your help (and Cheep's). So, whoo-hoo! :cheers: Probably just in time, as some of you suggested. :clap: Worse was the anxiety and insomnia (still is), but thankfully I still managed 5 hs, rarely less with the help of clonidine. Whoo-hoo! Right now, the feeling is good, and the strength is coming back :MrT: , so I thought i'd post an update to 1. Let you guys know what is happening. 2. Tell you what I used while detoxing. :smart: :laughpound: Here's the list of all the goodies but not necessarily in that order, :shock: :geek:

Clonidine 0.2 mg >> Gabapentin 300 mg (sometimes) >> Hydroxyzine >> Seroquel 75mg >>ALL THE VITAMINS! >> GABA >> KAVA-KAVA >> AMINO ACIDS >> ZINC >> NIACIN >> (and today, having read excellent reviews about it, we've ordered DLPA, whoo-hoo!! :D :crazy: :clap: :roll: :lol: ... So, there you have it, I hope that maybe helps someone, just like you have helped me, to which i'm eternally thankful. :clap: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :clap: ... And last but not least, a huge: "LOVE YOU HONEY! To Bic, since without her it would have been a much, much bigger pain in the ass than it was. :pash: :shred: :cheers2: ...Oh yeah, also... If anybody needs a guardian angel, (females only), send her a PM, lol... WHOO-HOO!

Much love to all.
Rene Stillmind :D
stillmind

Postby Mare » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Thank you for the update Rene! So happy you made it through this. Really awesome to see. Glad you were wise enough to seek out the answers to get you to where you are now. The sleep will come back, and you will heal. Just keep on moving. So happy for you! And three cheers for Bic!

Mare

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Rene and Bic,

I am so happy you were able to get out from under the Thor Hammer that is Suboxone, sooner rather than later. You saved yourself what so easily and quickly can become years of that chemical roller coaster. Good job, well done and deserved.

I thank you for posting a link the Dr. Scalon’s articles. I just spent the last couple of hours reading all his work.

He writes:

“RBP refuses to study the long term effects of buprenorphine maintenance

The company reflects an intolerance for the faction of buprenorphine patients who decide they want to discontinue replacement therapy;

There is a dearth of information about Suboxone titration from Suboxone doctors making significant profit prescribing it;

The lack of medical studies/recommendations on tapering has created Internet “experts” and websites posting unreliable information”

Such great comments. He does make his living off of reversing the addictions his colleagues cause. Think about that from an epidemiological point of view. On one side of the street is the Addiction Medicine clinic using a protocol that assures an addiction/dependence to (and this is his words) the most difficult opiate there is to get off of (buprenorhpine) and directly across the street is the Detox Medicine Clinic that treats you to undo what the other providers have done...rinse and repeat. Everyone’s getting paid I can assure you of that.

‘Suboxone: Miracle or Menace’ by Subverted DietDoc

Maybe if I get free of it myself I’ll have the unique prescpetive and qualifications to write that book, with Cheeps of course! I’m working on it.

Again thanks and congratulations man...you’re a free man in Paris!
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ 0.12 mg 2xday
Alprazolam: Yup!
Subverted DietDoc

Postby bic2chick » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Dear Cheeps, Mare, Subverted DietDoc (and anyone I may have missed) -- Thank you for all your kind words, supports, and especially your advice. I'm so glad we're finally off this stuff! Life is getting back to normal :crazy: -- whatever that is...lol :D
All I can say is THANK YOU, and keep the faith. Don't give up! It's a horrible path, but the end of it is definitely worth it.
To Rene -- Thank you HoneyPie; WE DID IT! :banana: :cheers-smashed: :pash:
bic2chick

Previous

Return to Sub Sux