Need Help

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Need Help

Postby bic2chick » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:39 pm

My boyfriend is on suboxone for 15 days now. He's using sub for a 2-year Kratom addiction, and he's not doing well. He is reacting strangely to the sub -- rapid heartbeat, tremendous anxiety, brain/body zaps, etc. He's currently taking approximately 3 mg of sub daily. How long will it take to detox? Any ideas? Need serious help/answers immediately. Thanks for your help and concern.
bic2chick

Re: Need Help

Postby cheeps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm

He needs to get off right away. 3 mgs is too much for that. Tomorrow go to 1 mg for 3 days. Then go to..5 for three days....then get off. He will have some issues but if he stays on, it will be much worse.

He could stop right NOW and feel a little shitty for two weeks.....all those symptoms will go away soon.

He needs to suck it up and deal with whatever he feels. He will be fine unless he stays on the sub.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Please follow Cheeps advice. She's our resident expert here & she knows her stuff. I'm so sorry the your BF's doctor decided that sub was the way to go for Kratom. Absolute & total overkill by a doctor...again.

Get him off this stuff ASAP. Please research other ways to get help for Kratom. There absolutely is a better way! Stay in touch with us.
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby bic2chick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Cheeps--

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can this be done at home, or do you think he should go to a detox center?

Cat--

Thanks for your input. Yeah, doctors aren't always the best for providing quality care..."follow the money"...
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Since I don't know his back story...I'm not sure. Can you tell us why he got on the K to start with? Any other details will help. What kind of job does he have and what is his mindset? Age....

It is best if he immediately lowers or discontinues the sub and he can expect some discomfort. I used sub for a mild opiate detox in a rehab and was very sorry I did it. I had more issues from nine days of sub than the pills.

How does he feel about getting ASAP?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm

He started taking K for severe pain; he fell into the false narrative that it was safe. He is a retired photographer; middle age crisis age. :D :D He's very eager to get off sub, but is very scared. He would like to taper instead of going cold turkey for a bit longer; six days is too brutal. Do you think this could be done at home because detox centers seem to be problematic at the moment.

If you don't mind, can you tell me why nine days for you created more issues than it solved? Were you jumping off from a higher dosage?

Thanks again for the quick reply.
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:42 pm

The rehab Drs insisted that I use their wonderful, time proven method of 9 days of sub and AA.
First 3 days at 8
Second 3 days at 6
Last three days at 2
Then zero and stay for 3 weeks and pound meetings.

Why did I do this?
It was the Monday before thanksgiving and my parents were coming. I was in financial hell, stressed to the gills, feeling guilty and scared of my mothers wrath. It all made perfect sense....go to rehab right up the road and get off the hook.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

I wanted them to give me three days worth of sub...4mgs, 1mg, 1mg. I, being stupid as FUCK, thought I could dictate this.... :laughpound: :laughpound: so what the fuck was I thinking right?? NO WAY?..
It was their way or the highway. So I agreed.

I did manage to talk them down a few mgs but I still needed up having four days worth of aches, sniffles, overall bleariness, sore back....general bullshit that was entirely manageable with the help of clonidine.

If he wants taper...so be it.

What does he have? As in, what kind of sub?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Wow...some story. Thanks for the clarification on that. He is using sub strips...he is going to taper. He likes your l mg for 3 days, then .5 for 3 days, but it actually scares the shit out of him. He definitely WON"T do it the way the doctor recommended -- 16 mg/day to start, then taper at dr.'s discretion. No way in hell, he said. He's leaning toward your recommendation, but will do it at home. How difficult do you think it will be? He has clonidine, gabapentin, benzos, and a multitude of supplements and vitamins (including Kava Kava). Do you think this is all he needs, or do you suggest a different ju-ju? O:)
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 am

He's got plenty of the right meds.....just use sparingly...clonidine needs a BP cuff to be safe. I used it when I got over 145/90. Write everything down with times taken so there is no guessing involved. Ibuprofen is good but don't take it on an empty stomach. Eat grapes or melons with it....anything packed with water. Drink lots of water from here on out....especially afterwards for several weeks....flushes out the toxins.

Tell him not to fear anything....he will have a fairly easy time of it....he hasn't been on it long enough to suffer that much....but he's right on the line and needs off ASAP.

Taper can be like this...

Days one thru three ..2mgs
Days four thru six...1mg
Days seven thru ten... .5

He'll be fine....he just needs to do it. Come back with any questions....and let us know how it goes.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks SO much...I will pass the taper on so he can get started on it. Will keep you posted on progress. :)
You've been a tremendous help!
bic2chick

Postby bic2chick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:29 am

P.S. How long until he's functional again, how long till the suffering ends, how long will I have to deal with him while he gets rid of the devil incarnate! :d
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 am

Mentally...He's going to be on the rag for about 3 weeks but he might be horny at the same time. When coming off of K, opiates, mind altering stuff....the sex drive comes back into play.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 pm

LOL--I can handle that... :)
bic2chick

Postby bic2chick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Oh gee...I think we misunderstood the question. I need to know when he's going to be back to "normal" (whatever that may be)...feeling like himself again...and how do you manage the insomnia? He's having a horrible time trying to sleep and stay asleep. He doesn't want to continue using benzos every night...
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 am

Sleep issues linger for a while.....watch movies, nap, sleep whenever the notion hits.....hot showers, soothing music, muscle relaxers are much better than benzos.....fuck a benzo!

I'll be back later.....no one ever died from lack of sleep but it fucking sucks!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 am

True, no one died from lack of sleep, but he has insomnia naturally, and now he has insomnia on top of insomnia. He does have Methocarbamol, so he can use that. I'll pass on this list (hopefully Stillmind won't ask the same question I did...he's my bf, as he told you. I'm sorry if you got duplicate posts; didn't mean to do that). Thanks, cheeps; you are saving our lives, you know...I'm very grateful!
bic2chick

Postby Mare » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:36 am

Curious as to how he's hanging in there, and wishing the best of luck. Glad you were able to find such good support here Bic before he got any deeper.
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby bic2chick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:04 am

He is on day 4 and it's been super good! Has had very minimal withdrawal symptoms -- some nausea, tiredness/weakness, and, of course, insomnia (but he had that before he started sub, so that was to be expected). His appetite is returning. He's taking it easy, does some exercises, and is vegging out with movies/TV...all-in-all I'd say we've been pretty lucky! Thanks for asking.
bic2chick

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:19 am

Bic....he still has the next few days to contend with...days four thru ten suck major ass....but he'll be fine once he gets thru it. Make sure he drags out a heating pad....he could have some back aches.

Massage and classical music at night..nothing stimulating unless you want to screw yer selves silly. The insomnia needs to be embraced as it is a part of the rearranging the way receptors work. Exercise before bed is good.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby bic2chick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks, Cheeps...will keep you posted on what happens.
bic2chick

Next

Return to Sub Sux