I will succeed!

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: I will succeed!

Postby SmottleB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 pm

It’s definitely any day now. Maybe today. Gonna watch some football!! Who dat!
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby Martin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Are you a Saints fan? I hope they stomp the Panthers!
As for me, the "Bitter Sweet Bowl" is over, so I'm out.
(I'm from Kansas City, but currently reside in Nashville).
Benzo Free June 2015
Sub Free Dec 2015 For about a year
Back on Sub June 2017, 8mg a day
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby SmottleB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:48 am

Yes sir. Black and gold all the way!! I feel your pain with KC. The saints seem to have a knack for the dramatic. But I will take a win any way we can get it. Drew won this one.

So I’m at 36 hours since last dose and yesterday I went very close to the same before dosing. So only 1 dose of less than 0.1 mg in the last 72 hours.

This is the first time since I’ve started taking this crap that I have been able to make it 36 hours comfortably. I too, have always thought that .25 mg was the ‘holy grail’ of tapering doses. And it may be. But at .25 I never felt like this, ready to jump. Maybe it’s being 2 months removed from .25mg . Maybe that’s a key. Whatever it is, I feel more confident than ever. At the 36 hour mark, I have virtually NO symptoms. Very mild anxiety, and I can’t sleep at the moment. It is the 36 hour mark and I haven’t taken any yet. Gonna push a little more.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby SubJumpa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:27 am

Yeah Smots fucking awesome man!! Stay strong bro, you've put in the hard work and prep necessary for a smooth transition back into the life of the living.. Freedom awaits my friend!!
SubJumpa

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 am

SmottleB wrote:Yes sir. Black and gold all the way!! I feel your pain with KC. The saints seem to have a knack for the dramatic. But I will take a win any way we can get it. Drew won this one.

So I’m at 36 hours since last dose and yesterday I went very close to the same before dosing. So only 1 dose of less than 0.1 mg in the last 72 hours.

This is the first time since I’ve started taking this crap that I have been able to make it 36 hours comfortably. I too, have always thought that .25 mg was the ‘holy grail’ of tapering doses. And it may be. But at .25 I never felt like this, ready to jump. Maybe it’s being 2 months removed from .25mg . Maybe that’s a key. Whatever it is, I feel more confident than ever. At the 36 hour mark, I have virtually NO symptoms. Very mild anxiety, and I can’t sleep at the moment. It is the 36 hour mark and I haven’t taken any yet. Gonna push a little more.

Hell ya! Getting down to it.. what a testament to ur will and discipline, mad props. Keep it up
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:01 pm

You are almost there....once you commit, you won't want to go back....even if you feel shitty....getting 48 hours out REALLY makes you want to kick that shit!!!

BTW....GO PANTHERS....next year WE WILL WIN.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 am

That was it guys. I made it !!! I’m done!!! Holy shit I can’t fucking believe it. Hahaha. All of the suffering, and work is paying off! I’m not dancing but I am not WD’ing. For some reason I sense a speedy recovery. I may be reaching, but right now I am optimistic. Thanks Folks for all the help during this! It is amazing how the real, true, wise, and caring words I have found here, have been the most helpful. The Confidence to do this, the reassurance to get it done, the education materials , all here!

I don’t even remember my jump date. Let’s say 1/8/2018.

A great moment this morning was flushing the rest of what I had left (only about 1.5 mg) but it felt great to not care!!!

Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby lil_tony » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Smots,

I read your thread from start to finish. Congrats! You are taking your life back. I hope I can follow in your footsteps.

Tony
Opiates for 10+ years (more on than off)
Suboxone for a year
Jumped at .4mg or so (1/8/18)

"Every dog has his day."
lil_tony

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Big congrats on your Jump Smots! I hope things continue to go so well for you.
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 pm

SmottleB wrote:That was it guys. I made it !!! I’m done!!! Holy shit I can’t fucking believe it. Hahaha. All of the suffering, and work is paying off! I’m not dancing but I am not WD’ing. For some reason I sense a speedy recovery. I may be reaching, but right now I am optimistic. Thanks Folks for all the help during this! It is amazing how the real, true, wise, and caring words I have found here, have been the most helpful. The Confidence to do this, the reassurance to get it done, the education materials , all here!

I don’t even remember my jump date. Let’s say 1/8/2018.

A great moment this morning was flushing the rest of what I had left (only about 1.5 mg) but it felt great to not care!!!

Smots

Oh this is just so good to hear....kiss the shit bye bye....

Wanna know what comes next?

After you get thru any acute, oh....enjoy the acute mental....it's like a period of time that gives you a peep at the future. After you get thru the acute, of course you will have the ups and downs. In subjumpas and sub 4sevens threads, you will find answers to what you may...or may not experience. Such value in those threads...this is why we ask peeps to update and be honest about any crappiness...or goodness.

Go SMOTS!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:18 pm

If you can, go to your user control panel, click on add signature and put that jump date in there......woooooowwwweeeee!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

All is not bad. I kinda feel like I am on a the last never ending drop. Lol. It’s weird that I don’t need anymore. But so far I actually feel ok. My appetite is down and since I was sick I have lost 15 pounds. But I feel so much better. The exercise during the taper was critical. It allowed my body to accept my sickness and detox. Without killing me. Today I worked out and felt 10x better than while I was tapering. I can feel how the sub has left my body. Working out didn’t hurt the same as it did before. Since being sick today is the first time I have worked out. I haven’t had the energy and my muscles and joints felt weird. Now I’m good. I took it easy just to be sure.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 pm

I just have this big smile on my face....by all means work out and be nice to yourself doing it....especially as time goes on. Accept the ebb and flow and don't overthink how you feel.

I know you do....but wash your hands alot...warm water only....hot will crack yer knuckles. If you are using communal workout equipment, carry the alcohol hand rub...and use it. Keep yer hands outta yer face and while no one looks blow out yer nose one side at the time on the ground...use tissues and chuck em.

If you have any allergies or food sensitivities, pay special attention to avoiding irritants. I know this all sounds somewhat OCDish, but mucus is going to flow and you will sneeze. Its flu season and you've already had one bout of illness....getting sick SUCKS.

Love the siggy...oh hell yeah.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Smots....hit up the staying clean section...you and tony need to read in there if you haven't already....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SubJumpa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 am

Smots congrats on taking your life back man!! It's kind of a surreal experience to finally walk away from an insidious drug like sub!! Your commitment and patience to this process has been inspiring and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your journey man!! It has helped me a lot and I'm sure will help many others who follow!!!

Best T
SubJumpa

Postby SmottleB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 am

Right back at you T. What a fucking beast this is. Dude there has got to be only a very small percentage of people that can do this, this way. Yet, it really was easy. The people here fucking rock! I swear some of the classiest I’ve ever been around.

Sleeping good, shitting good, just a little anxious, I was off yesterday, I took a nap during the day, and slept good at night. Appetite is coming back! . Something weird is I am not so sensitive to wheat anymore. I am still staying away but I had pizza and pasta the same day with no ill effects. I have cut out ALL alcohol, and caffeine, I have been taking only 1 a day men’s vitamin, vitamin c, DLPA, L-tyrosine, ibuprofen, DAILY, and B6, and B12 on work days(5 days/week)
And ibuprofen anytime I needed pain relief. I took kava kava a few times it helps sleep for sure. All at bottle recommendation. No kava kava in a while though, just the daily vitamins. Life is coming back.

Smots.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 am

Both of you rock!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Wow Smots way to go! I'm so happy for you. You did it right & now you're reaping the rewards. You deserve this. I've read your thread several times & the information that you've provided is invaluable for people like me.

You've shown us all that it can be done. This long slow taper that I've been on since 5/6/2017 is going to pay off for me too. I still have a very long way to go, but with you & others like you showing us how it can be done is priceless.

So thanks for everything. I hope you're feeling really well today! :cheers2: (I know you're not drinking so we'll just call that root beer) :D
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Success at last!!!

Postby SmottleB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks for the support guys! I am not the first and definitely not the last. This shit works. I am not perfect either. I still smoke cigarettes and MJ. But that’s it. I can work on the last 2. And MJ isn’t the hard one.

I feel pretty good. I worked pretty well today, but now I’m tired and need a break. Not bad though. I will get back to work now.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby SmottleB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Little update. All is not bad still. I had a solid day at work. Ate good. Slept decent last night. Not bad. Pretty fucking good actually. Fucking Great! Ok well there is some mild anxiety that doesn’t seem to go away for long. But it does go away. Staying busy definitely helps, if not earbuds with whatever sounds good helps. I still can’t believe it!! I want to scream it!!! Crazy part is nobody knows ( besides the wife and a few friends). I’m probably just a little nicer, and better at everything. Much more witty also. I wonder what other people really think? Most people probably nothing. It doesn’t matter. I just wonder.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux