I will succeed!

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: I will succeed!

Postby SmottleB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 am

Still going strong!! At about 0.2mg /day. That sounds so crazy low! It is crazy how long sub holds on to you!! . One thing I have noticed and will try to remember as much as possible, is eating, and drinking as healthy as possible! Really nourish your body. Stay away from anything that is crap! Caffeine is crap, when I work I will have a cup of coffee only in the morning and only one. Energy drinks are crap, might work for a little while, probably only gonna make you more tired and anxious later. For me, lately I’ve been sensitive to processed carbs, especially wheat. Breads and pasta mainly. This sucks but I’m glad I figured that out. A little, very small amount is tolerable so I can’t complain. To get stable at .2 mg/1xday, I had to split dose in the manner mentioned previous. If I couldn’t sleep at night, i would take Not More than 1/3 of the next scheduled dose, I found that Half of the next dose was TOO much and would complicate sleep. The next morning I would take the remaining 2/3’s of that days dose, until I could sleep without dosing in the PM. Wannabe: I actually just opened them and will probably start soon. I will put on here how they are working.
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:14 pm

I like how you are listening to your body.....you are getting very close....stay the course and find that patience.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Listen to your body: it sounds so easy!! (Lately I want to listen to my mind :banghead: )I think I am able to listen better because I have educated myself and literally saturated my free time with trying to understand all of this. Getting off of Sub is like nothing else! I pray no one ever uses it for recreation like I did. The absolute WORST mistake I have ever made! To have to go through THIS??

Anyway, I just told the wife about this site and all. She loves it! I think it’ll be a great place for spouses like her to get great info. Shit, maybe they can even talk who knows..
I took a 5htp last night before bed and had great sleep. Felt a little weird in the morning but rested. I will wait til i am a little further before I start any regimen. I’ll keep updating.
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

One day will will have a family subforum but in the meantime...anyone can start a thread. Southerngirl is our main poster on what it's like to be the wife of a hardcore user that doesn't want to stop...she hasn't posted in a while but does check in occasionally.

Maintaining a life with a sub partner can get pretty frustrating after a few years. The honeymoon period goes away and the active user starts to become a shadow of their former self. The partner feels handtied and confused. They tend to blame themselves especially if they are women.

You are so correct in saying sub isn't a drug to fuck with recreationally; it's a monster in that respect.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Sober people don’t use this as their platform to communicate with others. Sober people that do, use it to help others in their position while also learning how to help the one or ones they love. Or they owe it to themselves to give back. Cheeps, I showed her southern girl’s thread but I believe she hasn’t created an account yet.she logs in as me probably.

We have been together just over 10 years and married just over 5 years. We have 2 kids, large beautiful house, we have done ok. She’s seen the best of me and wants us to be where we should. She needs to be educated as much as possible because she will likely have absolutely no f’n clue what it’s REALLY like!
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 am

It sucks that sub acts on the kappa receptors....this causes a much more Emotional rollercoaster than the other opiates. It is what sets buprenorphine apart from all the other opies. It is more a mindfuck than a body issue.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 am

I'm glad that she is reading....any education on this horrible drug is great. So many peeps hide it from family members because it's so hard to describe its impact. It's embarrassing and causes the user guilt and shame for ever getting involved. It causes a person to second guess themselves and to question every mistake they've ever made....it makes one wonder if they'll ever be right again.

It is a beast.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:34 am

Quick update. I have been getting extremely tired late in the evening, and having to go to sleep before I can help out with kids and house. I have been waking up early in the morning, so going to bed early sounds appropriate. The only thing is that I crash hard, meaning I can barely do anything but sleep when I feel the crash coming. I get a few hours of good sleep then wake out of nowhere, usually between 1am and 3am. I am not sure if I should be starting a supplement regimen yet. But. This night when I woke shortly after midnight, I took 1- 5HTP and 1 kava kava.. within a few minutes I was back asleep soundly and for about 5 hours. Last month or even last week I would’ve taken a tiny piece of sub to feel better.
The last 2 days, I did deviate from the all important diet, and that may have something to do with the last couple days of crashing and not sleeping all night. I will get back to eating better today, Donuts were my weakness.. they were Sooo good.. lol.
Listen to your body. I woke this morning shortly after midnight. I took 1-5htp and 1 kava kava(bottle recommendations) instead of more bupe. At this point, natural remedies are more appealing than Pharm drugs, and for the first 2 nights I used them, they worked. I feel a little tired/groggy, but not so foggy. Since I had a decent nights sleep, I am gonna wait a little longer to take my next dose of sub because my body is telling me that I can wait a little while longer. Peace.
Last edited by SmottleB on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmottleB

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:33 am

Hey smots I can totally relate to the end of the day crash, I start work at 5am so by 7pm it's all I can do to keep my eyes open :yawn:, you got this bro!!
Peace T
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby SmottleB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 am

cheeps wrote:I'm glad that she is reading....any education on this horrible drug is great. So many peeps hide it from family members because it's so hard to describe its impact. It's embarrassing and causes the user guilt and shame for ever getting involved. It causes a person to second guess themselves and to question every mistake they've ever made....it makes one wonder if they'll ever be right again.

It is a beast.

I hid it for a long time. Getting it out there was a relief. But even more gratifying, is the support. My wife especially wants to help and family does too. (Doctors are not really interested in helping people get off this shit, immediate stereotype) my family has never treated me like a complete fuck up with no hope. There was a ton of confusion in the beginning because she didn’t understand, but she has educated herself and has learned patience.
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 am

She needs a very nice table arrangement for the holidays. Reward her...you'd be up the creek without her support. I'll bet she lets you watch drew Bree's too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm

No Joke! She deserves something very nice. She is so beautiful and not a high maintenance type. She’s in love with Drew tho, she gets excited when Drew is on tv.
SmottleB

Postby SmottleB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Who Dat! lol. I haven’t been able to say that confidently in a while.
Just wanted to say today, was an extremely tough day at work. The kind that makes you say fuck it and just want to walk out!
Anyway, Today I took a plethora of supplements: I took them after I had got to work and realized what kind of day it was gonna be. I took L- tyrosine,DLPA, Imodium, vitamin c, and ibuprofen (all dosages are normal or recommend on the bottle, including the ibuprofen, and Imodium). I felt the effects in a good way, active, useful energy. Before the end of the day though the stress got to me. I had to leave early. Leaving a majority of my work for the next person. I just couldn’t deal with ... a very not liked person. That’s the nicest I can be.
Next, It was a lot of pills. That is something I am not used to. Not that many. Lol. I am also not used to taking several pills several times a day. I will try to put on here what works for me.
I have taken 5HTP and kava kava for the last 2 nights ONLY if I can’t sleep. Taking those 2, kava kava and 5HTP(at the recommended dosage), seem to work quickly. I am trying to stay away from the supplements as long as I can.
Eating a protein rich diet, drinking water, and decent exercise has been the ticket during the taper so far.
SmottleB

Postby SmottleB » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Well I have to say the 5htp and kava kava at night fucking works!! I slept 8 straight hours. I was still tired when I woke up but it was amazing to think I actually slept that long soundly! I didn’t really need to take them last night, I have been stable at .2 for a few days, but that was some good sleep. My stomach has been ‘acting up’ shall we say. Probably stress from all the work I have coming up. But Imodium seems to help with that. I work tonight, in a couple hours, so I’ll probably take the other supplements I mentioned above. I have not started the calm support yet.
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Eat plenty of plants and beans too...they are easier on the tummy. I cut my meat intake waaaay back on diet docs recommendation. I feel much better and my cholesterol is thanking me.

You are killing it my man.....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 am

I don’t mind the beans, some of the protein veggie blends have several different types. But i own a fucking restaurant and the only things I can seem to enjoy are veal paemesan po-boy, dressed, with no bread, and grilled fish with eggs with a little black pepper, lite cheddar, and green onion. Soooo good!!!
Plants: the only plant I really can’t live without right now is the marijuana. I am smoking quite a bit more than usual. I will try to eat more veggies.
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:58 am

Weed is helpful until it fucks with your anxiety. Hopefully you have an indica strain. No wonder you can eat!! That's good to hear.

I broke down and ate a box of peanut butter patties yesterday...I have no will power when it comes to that particular brand...it was right there at nose level. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :x :roll: Usually its on the top rack...

Do you work in a sit down type of place or is it casual? I used to GM a steakhouse way back in the day. I'd cater if my back and neck weren't so fooked up. At least you don't mind taking your work home with you....bet wifey doesn't mind either! 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 am

It is definitely a casual type place.

Also just over a month ago weed was doing exactly that. Making things worse, sleep, and anxiety. For now, I have switched to the good stuff, it works for the acute, type anxiety spells. These acute anxiety attacks are happening rather frequently lately. Some last a minute, then I’m good for a minute, then come back for a minute, and so on. So far I have been able to breathe through these. But they can be really frightening.
No 5htp and no kava kava last night, I slept pretty good. Working out/exercising is definitely 1 big help, I can definitely notice how much better sleep is when i actually get a decent workout.
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

It's good you are in tune to your body. I checked out your place.....looks damn good. Alas...I hate seafood.....the closest I come too fish to catching them, cleaning them but cannot eat them. But from the looks of your eatery, there are other choices.

If I ever get down there, I will visit....you have many many excellent reviews!

Are you originally from that area?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:33 pm

How are you doing Smots? Sick of poultry yet? Hope you aren't worn out and business is good.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux