I will succeed!

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: I will succeed!

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:31 pm

SmottleB wrote:Little update. All is not bad still. I had a solid day at work. Ate good. Slept decent last night. Not bad. Pretty fucking good actually. Fucking Great! Ok well there is some mild anxiety that doesn’t seem to go away for long. But it does go away. Staying busy definitely helps, if not earbuds with whatever sounds good helps. I still can’t believe it!! I want to scream it!!! Crazy part is nobody knows ( besides the wife and a few friends). I’m probably just a little nicer, and better at everything. Much more witty also. I wonder what other people really think? Most people probably nothing. It doesn’t matter. I just wonder.

Well, I can tell you are raising hell....remember this mental feeling....it may change or come and go or go for a little while....you may be just fine. You got so low and you weren't on for years....this is the way you will feel consistently one day. Treasure it and remember it if crappy thoughts come in.

Get a ten pound green bean can....put a few small rocks in it, tape it up and go play kick the can in the alley. The rocks are the sub you have conquered. Kick that motherfucker and laugh.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol: 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Haha will do. It does come and go. And it’s gone more than it comes. But I don’t NEED sub anymore. That is a relief in itself. I had only gotten 5 hours of sleep last night 10-3. That wasn’t so fun. But when I thought about it. 5 hours is not that bad. I’ll count my blessings. Had another productive day at work. That’s good. Weather has been gloomy. Kinda like my mood most of the time right now. I’m good for spurts, but then I have to pull the ‘I’m tired’ card. It’s laughable, because it’s usually warranted. I haven’t had to use that card in a while to avoid something normal. I have to keep watching the diet. My issues last night could be totally diet related. 4 days clean and not a lot of bad to report. I hope this continues.

Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby SmottleB » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 am

The Damn Saints really know how to blow it! That was an emotional roller coaster. I don’t want to go to work because I know someone’s gonna say something. WTF!! Seriously though!!! WTF!! I have been unable to think since last night. I just can’t fucking believe it! WTF!

Anyway besides that, life is ok. On night 4 I took 2mg Xanax. Craving good sleep and a break from the anxiety. It did not help much. Nothing day 5. Then yesterday, day 6 I took .5 mg Xanax midday, and .5 mg before bed. For me that helped much more. I won’t be taking any more I don’t think.( the wife is dispensing them so having to go to her helps keep me from them) I really waited as long as I could and didn’t try to do too much by taking more. I have no real terrible symptoms to complain of just kinda blah most of the time. I want that good energy back. I hope it comes back quicker rather than later. Gotta go to work now. I hope everyone is having a great day! Fucking Saints.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Yep....that was one hell of a game. These games are better than the rest will be.....too many turnovers for them. I do like the saints and I just don't know how they lost that one...well, the turnovers but they have such a good team! I believe next year will be areal good one. Coby fleenER needs to retire though.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Oh...I meant to say that sometimes benzos don't really help for shit during sub detox. It could be that for me, a comfort med needs to all or nothing. Benzos never helped my RLS and that was always my worst post detox issue.

Smots....this is where your patience with your progress begins. This next phase is a sorta :wtf: :wtf: stage. Be gentle with yourself, all the shit that was automatic...now is not. Are you having to Tell yourself what to do? Some emeoryissues may happens and watch out for the smooched eyeball effect. Do you currently wear specs?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 am

Ok cheeps you’re right again. I found that so many things(during sub taper), benzos, alcohol, pain meds, and more I’m sure, all exacerbate sub WD related symptoms, some symptoms may subside momentarily, some actually get worse, And it makes the sub WD that much worse when it starts back. Even Imodium during my taper, did that, it helped but when the sub WD start, they come on more intense. At least it felt that way. Until I jumped. However much has not changed, something has. I feel MJ more, I did take Imodium one night for RLS post jump, it helped, symptoms were not exacerbated in the morning. Including constipation which, during sub taper, was an issue. The most I have ever taken in a day is 6mg loperamide.

No specs here. But I saw twice as many stars as everyone I knew for while though. There was 1 or 2 times the last week where I thought I was gonna be seeing double for a while but it went away quick. Memory issues have plaguing me for a while now and so far I can say that it is definitely 100x better than before the taper. I think it will continue to get better even. Do I find my self telling my self what to do? Kinda and I fell like I have to tell myself what not to do also. At every stage of this I have just wanted with all my heart for this to be over. It’s almost over. All of it.

Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 am

Hey Smots...Some unexpected and of course unwanted insomnia tonight allowed me to re-read your thread and it’s just wat I needed. You have a bit more youth on your side but it was clearly desire that drove you to what is now 8 days of freedom. It really did invigorate me to go over your thread again.

I’ve been active on SubSux since 10/16 and lots of people have come and gone, they post declarations and profess commitment, make 1 or 2 more posts and disappear forever. You just came, saw, and kicked ass. I think I’ve seen kind of a success cluster recently, of which you are most definitely club president.

I may be pushing the end a little too fast but I have to end this. I am finally below .25 mg. I just read where back in November on this thread I wrote to you how I always saw .25 mg as the holy grail point of tapering. Even though it took me 3 months to get here it felt good to read that becasue I clearly remember how far away it seemed when I wrote it. It funny where you find slices of hope and positivity.

You also helped me as one of the people that encouraged me to split my dosing. And it saved me. Or at least I suffered less. That also means a lot.

I’m so glad you’re doing well. It’s a gift. It’s a hard won gift you’ve given yourself.

Leave the runway lights on for me, I’ll see you in the hanger real soon. Ironic metaphor since I had to surrender my license due to ‘excessive use of opiates and ORT’. Have to be off sub for two uninterrupted years to get it back. Yet another thing I loved lost to subs, and to be fair what led me to it.

Didn’t mean to go negitive on you there. Despite the insomnia I’m not doing too badly. To quote you: Diet, diet, diet. You had that one right too! Biggest factor to feeling well there is and the only thing we’re in 100% control of. That light, clean feeling in your guts when you eat right makes even the heavy legs feeling of detox more tolerable.

Keep on rocking...
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby SmottleB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am

Subjumpa told me that I’ll know when I was ready. And crazy enough it was exactly like that. I am still amazed. It was a very long process. I had put in a little work before I started a thread. I believe it was coming here that enabled me, with the help of you and everyone else, to get over the hump. EVERYONES input here speaks volumes. I have taken valuable information from everyone here. Re-reading my own thread has allowed me to see patterns, whether it be positive or negative.

Don p said when I had first started my thread, at .25mg. He said you’ve come a long way but there is more work to be done. He was so right. I failed a jump from .25 mg before. I wasn’t gonna do it again. Just a little more work.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Hero.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm

That light, clean feeling in your guts when you eat right makes even the heavy legs feeling of detox more tolerable.

SVDD...this feeling I've had after dumping meat has really helped me. Now...I admit to having some over the past month but my guts are so much happier taper or no taper. But...I was really bad the other day :shifty: :shifty: I ate an enormous amount of peanut butter cookies. About equal to 8mgs of benzo....talk about a serotonin dump :shh: :banghead:

Smots....you are definitely on "the other Side" now....a very sweet wonderful proud place to be. Keep talking to yourself. Keep learning about your inner self and accept it all. Be the person you want to be now. :cheers: 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Subverted DietDoc wrote:Hero.

I will succeed...he said it. He's living it.
8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SmottleB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Keep up the hard work guys! It pays off. I promise. I’m going to enjoy the next week for real. I am so ready for this vacation. 7 days of R & R. And sun. Can’t wait. Anyway I just finished a tough week at work and feel somewhat accomplished. Every day clean, things get a little better. It’s not always noticeable but it’s better. Anyway gotta run.

Holla

Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am

Don't forget your sunscreen! No more worries about having enough dope to get you thru!!! Yeeeehaw!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Smots » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 am

I’m back! I had trouble logging in so I just created another name!

You peeps are killing it! I’ve been trying to catch up since yesterday. The trip was awesome! It was exhausting and a real test of will. Also a good measuring point of where I am at mentally, which is not 100%. Close, but not quite 100. Probably would give myself a C on the “passing Freddy test”. I was on vacation. And drank a little a couple of days. But overall I’d say I did pretty damn good. I kinda wish things moved faster. But for now I will keep pushing. I have to get up and get to work! Good day folks!

Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
Smots

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Smith ts....ye the one killing it!!

Glad you made it home without a trip with Fred!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Smots » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:32 am

What’s up folks!! I am knocking on the 1 month door, and I have to say, acute withdrawals were non existent. Sleep is seeming like an issue but in actuality it’s pretty good. Currently about 5 straight hours, then another hour of broken sleep. Every day gets a little better. Once again, it is not always noticalbly better, but life is better. I still have some mild anxiety, usually upon waking, but it goes away. For me, and my taper/jump, my jump symptoms were identical to my last few weeks of tapering symptoms. With the jump having unknowns to follow (paws). In my case, although clearly there, Severe PAWS was mitigated. It is withdrawal lite. A seemingly never ending lite withdrawal. The one thing I think so positive about everyday is how I don’t take sub anymore. When I think about why I am not 100% yet I remind myself that I just kicked the hardest shit ever, and it will likely take a little longer than a couple months to be 100%. I would say I am 85% currently. And I feel I will be very close to 100% better in another month or so.

On a different note, I have somewhat reverted to a slightly less healthy diet, as I can stomach some of the things I couldn’t before. Bad diet, this last month, could be a culprit for some of my mild WD symptoms. During my taper, I became gluten sensitive, but now I am much less sensitive. I still need to watch intake though.

Everything I learned here has proven, time and time again, to be true, and accurate. Amazing. I love this place. Thanks again!!

Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
Smots

Postby nomojo3479 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 am

U r the fucking man! And that is all
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Smots wrote:What’s up folks!! I am knocking on the 1 month door, and I have to say, acute withdrawals were non existent. Sleep is seeming like an issue but in actuality it’s pretty good. Currently about 5 straight hours, then another hour of broken sleep. Every day gets a little better. Once again, it is not always noticalbly better, but life is better. I still have some mild anxiety, usually upon waking, but it goes away. For me, and my taper/jump, my jump symptoms were identical to my last few weeks of tapering symptoms. With the jump having unknowns to follow (paws). In my case, although clearly there, Severe PAWS was mitigated. It is withdrawal lite. A seemingly never ending lite withdrawal. The one thing I think so positive about everyday is how I don’t take sub anymore. When I think about why I am not 100% yet I remind myself that I just kicked the hardest shit ever, and it will likely take a little longer than a couple months to be 100%. I would say I am 85% currently. And I feel I will be very close to 100% better in another month or so.

On a different note, I have somewhat reverted to a slightly less healthy diet, as I can stomach some of the things I couldn’t before. Bad diet, this last month, could be a culprit for some of my mild WD symptoms. During my taper, I became gluten sensitive, but now I am much less sensitive. I still need to watch intake though.

Everything I learned here has proven, time and time again, to be true, and accurate. Amazing. I love this place. Thanks again!!
Smots

Withdrawal Lite....now that is a new term you have coined and we will use it!! As in, smots said, hey folks, it's just withdrawal lite, less calories, less bloat, less sleep...what's not to love? :wiggle: :lol: :lol: Yaaaaay! :banana: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SubJumpa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 am

Yah smots good stuff man!!! Glad things are going well and congrats on 1 month man!!
SubJumpa

Postby Smots » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 am

Withdrawal Lite. Haha I stole it from SDD. He definitely used it first. But I kinda like it.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
Smots

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux