Am I Tapering TOO Slow?

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Am I Tapering TOO Slow?

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey Cat. SubSux was down for a day. I thought I might go crazy. I felt pretty lost. Its amazing how much I depend on this place. I was so relieved to find it back up tonight.

I hope you are feeling ok. I admire your ability to work while doing this taper. I couldn't do it. I'd be unable to type notes and treatment plans etc. Not missing the job at this point. Maybe I'll miss it when I'm done, but I don't think so. I miss the paycheck but I live fairly simply. I no longer buy stuff for myself. I used to buy clothes all the time, but then again I used to be able to wear clothes very well. Not so much anymore. Now I stick to my PJs whenever possible.

I'm feeling a little bit since my last drop, but its manageable. Of course that nasty taste has been back. I think I'm just going to have to get used to it. I feel like I'm getting used to everything else, even the bouts of RLS.

So anyway, rangers are playing, they just tie the game so I'm gonna get back to it. Have a really lovely evening. Glad to have you and all of SS back.

Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey Anna. I was sure glad to see the Board come back up too. I gotta know how my 'naner is doing!

Well I'm at 3.5 mg to stay & I'm not feeling so great. Being tied to my desk is just grueling. Work is suffering terribly this week. Although I was happy for the time change, it kind of fucked me up. I have such a strict routine in place right now that even 1 hour has been hard for me.

I'm just banking days at this lower dose & can't wait until I feel okay again. I think it would be a lot easier if I just didn't have to work so hard. Owning your own business is no picnic. I can't just pass off my work to someone else because there is no one else. Well I guess I had better get back to it.

Hope you get to feeling better at .7. You're doing so great!
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Kitty Cat. You are so very special. The Naner is ok today. I wish we were neighbors so we could hang out, piss, moan, whine and cry, and I could help you with your work. Hell I'm not doing anything anyway. It would be kinda cool to have an in house taper buddy.

I hope you are feeling better today than yesterday. I know you have to get the work done, but you also need to be good to yourself.

I came clean with my sister about this Sub taper and why its happening etc. We have never been particularly close but we do have Thanksgiving and Xmas together(though I do most of Thanksgiving and all of Xmas) so I wanted her to know I might not be up to snuff this year. She is a lawyer, she specializes in Class Action law suits. She said she is going to do some research on Subs. I'm fairly sure it won't come to anything, but i did tell her that there are a lot of people who were sold a bill of goods by Big Pharma and the idiot doctors, and are now suffering the effects of Sub use. Maybe she will surprise me. Who knows?? Stranger things have happened right?

I am sending good thoughts to you, and I'm hoping you don't drive yourself crazy with the work. Easy for me to say, I know.

I'm thinking about you.

Anna banana and her dancing naner. :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 am

Although our ‘use histories’ and current lives may be varrried the three of us are all in exactly the same situation, facing the same challenge. We’re all about the same age, and that matters a lot in the context of this war. As we pursue this battle we are unified by our common enemy, Buprenorphine. We’re part of a unique family; you are my sisters and I your brother. And no one gets left behind, together we’ll all make it.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering
Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:50 pm

SDD I sure hope you're right. This task is proving to be quite difficult. I've just received news that my Sister had a surgery on Wednesday that didn't go well. You can see how close we are... she didn't even tell me that she was having a pretty serious surgery done. I'm heart broken. These are the times when "real" life challenges us. I wish there was a pill to just fix it. But all I have is this stupid Sub taper.

Sorry to be whining SDD & Anna, but I guess this is the place to do it. All 3 of us are going to have life slap us in the face some days. Well for me, that day is today.

SDD I really appreciate your words. We're in this together to the end = Sub 0 (of course). I hope you're doing well today!

Anna, why don't you just fly on down South & come & enjoy this wonderful weather we're having. You can help me get my work done & I'll help you with anything you need! :kiss: We're still dealing with hurricane aftermath, but we've been down this road before. Hoping your day is going really well too!
CatsMeow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 pm

https://youtu.be/B1tq7CymQoA

For all you weirdos that like cats this is as close to a pill that makes life better as you’re going to get. This is a movie trailer for ‘Kedi’. If you love cats, and we know you do, go on Apple TV or any service (you can rent or buy it on YouTube) and watch it. It’s catastic!
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering
Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks SDD I'll check that out on Apple TV. Sounds fun. I love dogs too! My little Beaux is one sweet darling. He's the only animal in my house that isn't a rescue.

Hope you're doing well today! We're having lovely weather so that's nice. All is pretty well with me. I'm still having my normal WD symptoms but nothing I can't handle with some Afrin & Aspirin. Even as slow as I taper I still have symptoms. Oh well I'm waiting for them to subside 100% before I begin another Meow Method taper.

Stay strong my friend!
Cat
CatsMeow

Postby mickey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Hey Cat,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your posts, and your tenacity is encouraging. I'm a little behind you regarding sub drop, and your path is lighting the way for me. Please keep posting your story, and when I get below 4 milligrams I will be starting my own thread. I have been following you and Anna Bannana! ☺️
mickey

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Meow...You’re in Florida I think? East coast or west coast? I go to Sanibel/Captiva/North Captiva pretty regularly. I also go to Atlantic Beach on the east coast a lot. It’s cold here now. 22 degrees! It was like 65 degrees a week ago.

Anna is in NY I think. I grew up in New York and lived in New Jersey for a while. I lived about 10 houses away from John Gotti for a while in Howard Beach, Queens. Then I moved to NJ and lived next door to Tony Soprano. I’m 100% Italian what can I say.

Hope you’re doing well. I have 4 more days until my next drop. I will feel nothing. I refuse. And tomorrow I will have tapered exaclty 1/2 way on my Xanax debacle taper. But unlike buprenorphine, benzo follow linear pharmokintics...meaning the lower does are any different or harder or more WD producing than the higher doses. This is what makes buprenorphine (in all its forms) so different and difficult. Non-linear pharmacology! The lower the dose the more exponentially more potent it is. Remember, when they administerer buprenorphine for acute pain they use .2 mg or 200 MICROgrams as the dose. For moderately severe pain. Temgesic comes in .2 mg tablets for pain. But if you’re not ‘opiate naive’ they give 1600 micrograms or 16 mg. But you know all this I’m sure.

Anyway...hang tough. As you can see, people need you. Speaking of which...Hey Mickey, no need to wait to you get to a certain dose to start a thread. Sooner the better I say. We’re here for you when you’re ready.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Cat, SDD, and Mickey. You guys make me smile. I am so fortunate to have all of you in my corner. Onward and upward we go!!! All of us.

SDD thanks for the info on the film about the cats of Istanbul. My husband is going to Istanbul in Dec. I'm staying home with our cat. I had a dog and 3 cats, but I'm down to one cat. I pretty much love anything non-human. I'm not the biggest fan of humans. Except for unusually awesome ones like you guys.

Anyway, just dropped in to say hello and you guys are my backbone. Big love!!!!

Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 pm

mickey wrote:Hey Cat,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your posts, and your tenacity is encouraging. I'm a little behind you regarding sub drop, and your path is lighting the way for me. Please keep posting your story, and when I get below 4 milligrams I will be starting my own thread. I have been following you and Anna Bannana! ☺️

Hi Mickey! So glad you posted on my Thread. We're all glad to see you here on SS. One wise person posted to me that it doesn't matter where you are in your taper, we're all in the same boat so to say. I'm currently staying at 3.5 mg's so I'm good for Thanksgiving. After that down I go again. Great job getting around 4 mg's by the way! That's fantastic! :clap:

Looking forward to when you start your own Thread. We've got a wonderful group currently tapering & posting regularly so you should get lots of support. :thumbup:

Cat
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Hey kitty girl.... :cheers: .
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 pm

cheeps wrote:Hey kitty girl.... :cheers: .

Hi Cheeps! I am so glad to hear from you. You're on my mind a lot. I so hope you're doing okay with your current taper. I know it's hard but I know you can do this! :smart:

Anna, SDD, want, DC & a few others I can't think of right now (because I'm in a Sub fog) are in there & fighting hard together. We're all just waiting for the day that the sun shines bright for you & you feel at peace.

You're there for so many & we want to be there for you too. Stay strong my friend. :angel:
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Annalo57 wrote:
I came clean with my sister about this Sub taper and why its happening etc. We have never been particularly close but we do have Thanksgiving and Xmas together(though I do most of Thanksgiving and all of Xmas) so I wanted her to know I might not be up to snuff this year. She is a lawyer, she specializes in Class Action law suits. She said she is going to do some research on Subs. I'm fairly sure it won't come to anything, but i did tell her that there are a lot of people who were sold a bill of goods by Big Pharma and the idiot doctors, and are now suffering the effects of Sub use. Maybe she will surprise me. Who knows?? Stranger things have happened right?

I've been meaning to address your post. I've been thinking lately about sitting my Sister down & telling her my whole story. I think its time. She needs to know. I need her support. I mentioned that she had a surgery last week that didn't go well, so I'll have to wait until she's well.

I think it was wise of you to tell your Sister this year due to the Holidays coming up. It sounds like she's going to support you & goodness knows we need all the support we can get. A Class Action Lawsuit would be so great, but fighting big pharma would be hard. RB would get all "lawyered up" & crush us probably. But it's good to know that we have at least 1 lawyer on our side! :thumbup:

Hope you're doing well today Anna!
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Kitty Cat

I won't expect too much from my sister, but who knows, maybe one day something will come of this. I'm just glad iz told her. Its good to have siblings no matter how removed from them we might be. They are the only people on earth who really know her we came from. I hope your sister will be ok. I'm sending good thoughts.

Cat, you are rocking this taper, please don't doubt it. Follow your plan and you will be out the other side.

I know you've been doing this really slow but very methodical. This is the right way. The hardest part is having patience.. OH GAWD!!!!! patience??? We addicts are so fucking good at that right? No matter, one day forward is so much better than standing still. We are going to be victorious. I know it.

XXOO
Anna the Nana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Anna my dear, you have more faith in me than I have in myself right now. This drop seems to be the worst so far. :gaah: I ended up taking a Calm Support after lunch today. It helped but I'm really struggling. Why is this .25 drop so bad? Will I ever adjust? What's going to happen at Thanksgiving? (It may all be cancelled anyway because my Sister has been so sick).

Obviously I've got a lot of worrying going on right now. I wake up every morning & have to run to the BR to pee (so no more sleeping for me). I drink so much darn water & its driving me crazy. :crazy:

I stopped dosing under my tongue because it got so sore. Now my cheeks are getting that way too since I dose buccally. Sometimes I wonder if I should just go back to a SAO (like hydrocodone) & taper from there. After all my dependence wasn't that much. Just 16 mg per day of Dilaudid. Why didn't I go to a short detox, or at least try?

Sorry for the mental dump... :deadhorse:
CatsMeow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 pm

One thing that I've noticed it that every drop has its own unique feel to it. Sometimes you dread your next drop because the previous one was so bad but it turns out for what ever crazy unexplainable reason you actually feel better after you did the drop. And vise-versa, you had a good drop and expect the next one to be shall we say uneventful and it's anything but. The one thing that changes everything is time. Almost invariably a difficult drop becomes comfortable or at least normalized after some days have passed. When you're in it it's impossible to see and feel the big picture and we are basically what we are feeling at the moment. I do it, it's ubiquitous. But you'd see me in this same situation and have the objectivity to tell me that in 36, 42 or how many ever hours it is you will be feeling totally differently. Sure some things are kind of constants but acute drop reactions change with time. Its simplistic but rings true.

It's funny you brought up switching to short-acting opiates to taper off of in your post...this seems to be the hot topic these days.

I hope you never have a kidney stone. I don't wish my ex-wife a kidney stone. Hit her with a bus maybe, but not a stone.

What for of sub are you using again? You're doing a 'dry' taper with tablets I think? May I recommend Glyoxide. It's an oral application from a dropper bottle. This could make a huge difference in reducing the caustic effect and be a game changer for you.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks for the informative information on drops while tapering SDD. You're right on. I feel much better today. Wow yesterday was a real mess. Interesting, now that I feel better, the pain that got me on SAO's in the first place is screaming at me today. I better go take some Advil. Hopefully that will solve that problem.

I read your Thread & your pain has gone from a 10 to a 2. I'm so happy for you. I know you're facing surgery & I hope it goes really well.

Funny you should mention Glyoxide. I just purchased a bottle the last time I went to the pharmacy. I'll use it today! Great advice again. BTW I'm using 4/1 Suboxone strips.
CatsMeow

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 am

Heh cat,

No reason to apologize for the mental dump, it's what makes this place tick.. There is something about having a place to come to that is judgment free and everybody understands what each other is going through cause we have all felt the same way at one time or another.. Your doing great, I feel like your a step ahead of the game too,you already realize that listening to your body and having patience is key!! Shit at doses above 2mgs I was spiking so much my body and mind didn't know what to do!!
I guess what I'm trying to say is your doing what's right for you!!!
I hope your sister is doing better!!
Peace T
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks for that Tim! I just needed to let it out & I'm better for it. You're right, I have figured out a way to drop with little (mostly) problem. But I also know that I'm on a very high dose & that really bothers me. But if I try to drop faster I can't work or take care of my responsibilities properly. Not good, so here I am.

Thanks for the kind thoughts about my Sister. She's going to another surgeon today with better equipment & knowledge of her condition. Hopefully she'll be able to fix this & put it behind her real soon.

Hope you're well today!
CatsMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux