My liquid taper

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: My liquid taper

Postby nomojo3479 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:55 am

congrats on getting down to .4 that takes a lot of work and dedication. Really great work so far. I was wondering what brand of mouth wash u use for ur liquid taper mixture...
I’ve been thinking of switching my taper over to liquid method n I like the idea of mouthwash better than grain alcohol.. did u notice a difference in dosage uptake when u switched to the liquid methid?
nomojo3479

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am

Hey Nmojo. I've been using Listerine. The kind WITH the alcohol in it so I don't need to refrigerate the solution. So far It seems to be working pretty well. My taper has been going pretty smoothly so I think I'm getting almost the complete dose. the liquid I recommend it, but you should also check out the Belbuca strips. If you can get them. DietDoc posted info about them. Thank you for the support. I will make an effort to keep up with your progress as well.
Annalo57

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm

That would be the ARTIC kind ....my favorite.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby suboxalypsenow » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Hey guys - great job Anna! Keep at it. Can I ask you how you mix the listerine + sub? Is it just for one day at a time, or a whole week in a bottle, or what?

Another simple question but I looked around here and couldn't find the answer... why do you need alcohol or mouthwash for the liquid taper? I prefer water b/c I can taste the sweetness and know there is some relief en route (yes, it's not a healthy approach, yes :0 )

I read on another thread that using water can make some of the dose dissolve or disappear, esp. after 24 hours (ie if you're doing two days' dose in one bottle) -- has that been confirmed?

Thank you guys!!!
Opiate addict - oxy & friends
Was on 24 mg subs from 2007-2010
In 2011 I jumped after a quick wean and it was terrible for 5.5 months!
Got back on subs, was on 24 mg until 2014, then started a sloooow wean:
2015: 10 mg
2016: 4 mg
Dec 2017: 1.7 mg
Feb 2018: 1.3 mg
suboxalypsenow

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm

Hey Suboxalypsenow. I use mouthwash with alcohol in it because if you use water you need to refrigerate the solution. Something about bacteria. I make it a bottle at a time. So when it gets low I just make more. I'm lucky because I have plenty of Sub. As far as making it, I fill the bottle with he appropriate amount of liquid measured with the syringe, then I just drop the 2mg tablets in. One 2mg tab for every 2 syringes full of mouthwash. I let it sit for a few hours so the tabs break up. Then shake well before each dosing because it does settle.

I was a little confused about it until I started doing it. I hope this informations is helpful.

Still moving forward on .37mg. I just woke up from an extremely rare 4 hour nap. So rare that its the first time since I started this taper that I was able to nap. Of course this likely means I won't sleep tonight but I'll deal.

Hope everyone id ok today.

Love
Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby suboxalypsenow » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:03 am

Gotya - this makes much sense Anna. Thank you much

Well done on your nap that sounds quite fun indeed! Always tired but never can sleep... kudos :0
Opiate addict - oxy & friends
Was on 24 mg subs from 2007-2010
In 2011 I jumped after a quick wean and it was terrible for 5.5 months!
Got back on subs, was on 24 mg until 2014, then started a sloooow wean:
2015: 10 mg
2016: 4 mg
Dec 2017: 1.7 mg
Feb 2018: 1.3 mg
suboxalypsenow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 am

Just to let you know how well you’re doing here’s a bit of perspective.

You and I started our respective threads at the exact same dose. When we both got to 1 mg. Your first post was at the very end of September, 2017. You’re now at .37mg a day. So 1mg to .37mg in under 4 months.

My first post, also at 1 mg/day was started late November 2016! So I went from 1mg to .18mg in 14 months!

So, yea, I’d say you’re doing pretty well.

I have posted many times I am most definitely not the gold standard bearer of tapering. But I haven’t given up on anything that was worth having in my entire life, no matter how much more difficult I made it than it had to be.

But clearly your progress and gain is sublime.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:32 pm

No problem Suboxalypsenow. Thanks for taking the time to post on my thread. Its always helpful. Please don't be a stranger.

DietDoc, thank you as always for you support. I do feel pretty good about he progress I've made. Once I made the decision to start this taper, I have been very committed. Its kind of surprising because I have not been historically good at keeping to my commitments. But I just want to be free. I have been in the opy/sub prison for most of my adult life. I didn't think there was a way out of this, I thought they had me for life.

I admit that this taper is at times very challenging. There is always something related to the taper that in the past would likely have gotten the better of me, but not this time. I have discovered my will during this process. Its very powerful.I have even kept to my new diet for 2 weeks. First time in my life that I have not screwed up a diet. I'm eating no carbs which is huge because I do like my carbs. Once again I have found that my will is stronger than I ever knew.

Throughout this taper there is always something to deal with. Low energy, extreme edginess, anxiety, lead suit, lack of motivation, insomnia, temperature fluctuations, that nasty taste in my mouth, and of course the mental stuff. I have also had several cold sores in the past month. I get rid of one and another pops up. But much to my surprise I am dealing with all of it. I have to say that I feel a little stronger every day. A little less unsure, and a lot more determined. It really is amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.

I cannot take sole credit for any of this. None of it would be remotely possible if i had not stumbled onto the SubSux forum.I spent some time lurking here before I started this thread. And i don't even remember how it happened at this point but i was lucky enough to connect with Cheeps who took the time to PM with me for several weeks. She gave me such encouragement and support, until I finally had the courage to start a thread of my own, and to begin the liquid taper. I can never say enough about her. Once i started my thread the rest of the SS community welcomed me and encourage me. The information provided by everyone here and love and support is so important. I am proud to be a member of the SS club.

Every single person here, active members and lurkers alike, can get through this and be free of Subs. Believe it!!!

Happy Saturday everyone.

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Good for you Anna on keeping to your diet. It seems that this sub taper is bringing many good things into your life. Who would have thought? Your taper success has brought much strength to tackle other things in your life too. This is great to see.

We're both stronger than we think. We can beat this thing with time. You're doing everything right this time. I'm getting excited for your jump. It's coming & I'm so proud of you.
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Annalo57

Postby Annalo57 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Annalo57

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:32 am

Now yer posting syd's favorites!

I LIKE that! Second one will be playing at my wake. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Day 7 on .37mg. No major problems yet. I have been sort of zoned out for the past few days. Just in a fog, and the vision thing seems to be getting worse. I don't know if its the taper or just old age, or both. I am wearing my readers more than I have ever had to. I don't like it but thats life.

I am typing this during the State of the Union speech by our fearless leader. I just gotta say that the 2 guys who are sitting behind him are really really creepy. One hell of a trio we've got there. Sorry for getting political.

Have been sticking to my diet, eating no carbs. Chicken and fish mostly with veggies. I am still doing dairy, cheese, milk, butter. So probably could be healthier, but you've gotta have something after all. I made some cheesy creamy brussel sprouts which were quite good. Historically I have always hated brussel sprouts so I thought this was worth mentioning. And I've eaten almost an entire smoked salmon in the past week. The longer I go without the carbs, the easier it gets. And now I feel kinda like if I did have some bread or potatoes or pasta I'd feel like crap. Though I do think I'm going to miss my Philly Cheesesteak. I am trying to eat less meat, just because I so hate the meat and dairy industry. I have real respect and admiration for people who have managed to go vegan. Its not an easy thing to do and I applaud them for taking a stand against the culture of cruelty that exists in the food industry. I am trying to make changes slowly, but its hard when your family isn't making the same changes. Enough of that ramble.

So anyhow, everything is ok, I'm still on track. Still experiencing the same old stuff, but nothing major. I hope everyone is doing well out there.

Much love
Annalo57

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:12 am

Dear Squirt-n-Go:

When ever you do a drop and all is quiet it’s a win. Sometimes I’d do a drop, in fact this very moment, and wonder if day 2 or 3 is going to evoke more discomfort. 7 days is great! I’d bet you’re past the danger zone of a drop.

.37mg is really getting down there. PSilver jumped at twice that dose and S7 jumped at 1mg. You’re only on 1/3 of 1mg...that’s fantastic. Just keep the perseverance going and time will do the rest.

As you read through people’s tapers the prevailing theme seems to be it’s tougher at higher doses, like the 1mg to .5mg range seems to be a really difficult resistance point, which you’ve already passed. This was true for me for sure. .75-ish was the worst for me and it seemed to get easier below .5mg. I hope this is a pattern you experience as well.

Keep your eye on the prize, the trophy will soon be yours.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:28 pm

Oh Doc, you make me laugh. I wish I could change my SS handle to Sqirtandgobanana. :laughpound:

What you say is so true. The worst time I had was when I was going from 1.5mg to .75mg. It was pretty gnarly at that stage. Since then though it's been pretty smooth. If I feel anything different its that I get a little edgier and more anxious around day 8 after a drop. Today is day 8 and Ive had some moments but basically I'm really ok. :thumbup:

My brain is a little twisted at the moment because i have been watching Twin Peaks, The Return. BOING!!!! :shock: Pretty wacky stuff.

I have been having this idea scampering about in my head for a while now. I want to go on a trip, but I want to go alone. I want to go to Santa Clarita,California, and visit this place called The Gentle Barn. I just have to go there. I think it would be really really good for me. I keep trying to think of someone who I would want to have come with me, but I don't think so. I think I want to go by myself. Do I sound insane??? I read this and I think I sound insane. But if you're gonna sound as if you've got a few screws loose, this is a safe place to do it. :ogeez:

All is well here, hope it is out there too.

Annalo57

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:55 pm

http://www.gentlebarn.org

Very nice. What a wonderful concept, it's helping within helping, humanity within humanity. I wonder if The Gentle Barn was started by ISIS, seems like their kind of thing for sure. That's a joke, dark as it may be.

Personally, if you're feeling up to it (even if you have to push yourself to go - once you're out and about you feel better not worse and really glad you pushed to get there...usually). I say go for it! Get out of your head, get out of your day-to-day environment, break up staring at the same clocks 50 times a day. Interact with new people in a place all about healing. I love it and wish I could be your travel buddy.

As far as Twin Peaks the Return goes, put on your seat belt...it's as avant-garde as you can get...and fucking brilliant. Watch episode 8 and promise me you'll write me about it when you see it. It blew my mind.

I am going to go write the hardest and scariest thing I have ever written on my thread right now.

PS: Call Southwest Airlines for a flight to Santa Clarita.

Keep chipping away and day by day the sub will go away.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Doc, I'm gonna go read your thread to see what the scariest thing is.

As for Twin Peaks, The Return...I hit episode 8 yesterday, thats when i posted that my brain was twisted. I just finished the last episode. If you have not seen it and want to, skip this paragraph, cuz there are some spoilers. If it is possible to spoil this mess. On the whole I thought the "season" lacked the charm and wit of the original series (which i binged once again before watching The Return. I binge a lot of TV these days). I frankly thought it was at times brilliant in terms of cinematography and imagery, but I also found it to be really slow, often boring, and a lot of self indulgent, dark(Lynch I know), unpleasant images and gobbledy gook which offer very little in the way of satisfaction or even sense. It raised a lot more questions than it answered for me. I just got sick of waiting for Cooper to wake up and am still not altogether sure what caused him to become autistic in the first place. It was hard to see such a wonderful character relegated to endlessly chewing on cake and parroting other people. And i still don't know what the fuck happened or what that "Arm" thing was, or what came out of the glass box to eat those people's faces, how did it get out of the box? Who put the damn box there in the first place??? Did Josie ever get out of that drawer btw? And a plethora of other questions. If answers were there, i missed them. I am assuming, perhaps mistakenly, that Sarah Palmer was the little girl who had the frog-locust thingie crawl into her mouth. And what was that business with Audrey about, when did she turn into a wretched woman, and why was her son a total psychopath, and where the hell did he go??? To the alternate universe?? Or was he just incinerated?? What the hell did Ben and Jerry Horn have to do with anything?? Who were those dirty men that could switch dimensions, crush skulls, bring bad Cooper back to life with goop, and how did they get in and out of that room in the first place?? Where, and what, is Bob after all this?? And what is up with all those random people in the Roadhouse talking random shit.Oh, and who was the original overweight Dougie and were the heck did he come from? What happened to him in the Black Lodge (which is where I assume he went)?? Basically one "WTF is going on" after another. Way too much to decode. I was really hoping to love it as I loved Twin Peaks, but at this point I'm still deciding if i even liked it. I know that I didn't care about a single character in this incarnation of a show that had so many flawed but seriously likable characters. I sort of feel like Lynch used Twin Peaks as an excuse to patch together a bunch of different incomplete ideas he had in his head. I could be totally wrong. I could be just too dense to understand the message. I guess I'll eventually have to watch it again and see if I can make more sense of it.

I know that Lynch fans think he is too brilliant to be questioned. I remember once many years ago I had been up for days snorting coke. I left my husband and our friends and went to the bedroom to watch TV and try to sleep. I was surfing channels and i saw a movie called Blue Velvet was playing on HBO, back when they actually played good movies. I loved that song when i was a kid so I thought ok, I'll watch this, it'll be light. Haha. FAKE OUT!!!! That fucking movie traumatized me. So so disturbing. I have never been able to go near it since, but I guess enough time has passed that I can try again. It probably won't be as horrifying as i remember, at lest I hope not. When I was little I saw The Pit and The Pendulum with Vincent Price. It was on TV and it freaking terrified me. I saw it years later and it was the most not scary thing you can think of. The House on Haunted Hill is another one that freaked me out of my shorts as a child, but turned out to be not so frightening. Its a definite classic.

Thanks for the heads up on Southwest btw. I will keep that in mind. You should go to The Gentle Barn's FB page. Lots of soothing positive stuff posted there daily. Even live feeds. The founder does videos and live feeds and she has the most soothing voice. She's quite remarkable. I spoke to my daughter today and mentioned that i was thinking of taking a trip there. She said she would love to go, and she is the only person I think I would consent to go with. She knows me well enough to know how I would want to do it, and why. Now we just need to come up with a time when she can go. So I'm definitely going. If my daughter says she can't go soon, I'm going by myself.

Day 9 on .37mg. All is on track for another drop in 2 days. I will be dropping to .34mg. I don't want to do more than 10% so now the drops are getting quite small. But thats ok, it will take as long as it will take. But one thing is certain, I'm getting off this shitty medication.

Sorry guys, I guess i got a little carried away with my Twin Peaks critique. I could delete it out of embarrassment, but I'm gonna leave it out there. Just don't hold it against me.

Peace out

Last edited by Annalo57 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annalo57

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 pm

Great post. A lot to unpack. All I can say is Twin Peaks The Return is Lynch being Lynch. You either love it or hate it, no one ever says a Lynch film or show is pretty good. It’s either sooooo weird or soooo brilliant, like modern art. I personally loved it from the creative, push the boundaries as far or further as anyone ever has standpoint. But as a story line, I have some advice. I also have no idea what’s going on most of the time...but the answers are there. So I cheat. There’s dedicated YouTube channels for the show where really smart people break it down episode by episode, scene by scene. And if you watch them explain things you’ll be like ohhh rightttt, that’s what that meant. And of course tons of fan Facebook pages discussing the same things. Believe it not I totally understand episode 8. If you look through my thread you’ll see where I posted the entire thing the Woodsmen says over and over from the radio station.

I get you and Cat confused sometimes. You live in Florida and she lives on NY...or do I have that backwards? Either way...a trip to California would be such a great thing to do. As soon as Florida warms up I’m going down to lay on the sand for a while. I go to an island in the Gulf you can only get to by plane and there are no cars there, only golf carts. It’s an amazing place. I rent a boat when I’m there and fish.

As far as your taper goes, go at what ever pace you feel good about. No rules, if there ever was an example of something where one size does not fit all it’s tapering. There’s some basic universal concepts but a lot of it is more about the person than it is the drug itself.

As far as me saying I’m going to post something that scares me...I haven’t done it becasue I’m scared. I had to change my taper plans becasue I just can’t take it any more. I will post soon.

Keep up the good work.

PS: I know it’s not funny but the thought of you being all coked out and wired channel surfing cracks me up. Probably becasue I’ve been there, trust me.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:06 am

Anna, you really may need to change your name, I suggest BananaSquirt. But also let me know your thoughts on what I'm about to write to SDD bc you're starting to get low in your taper as well.

SDD- Either hold or jump, no reason to keep tapering. You have to admit, you are at a dose where you are prepared to jump when you are ready. Tapering is just as hard as jumping, harder bc you are doing it over and over again, it's just believed that it's better to suffer little by little than all at once. But once you get down to that low of a dose, I have to believe the benefits from tapering drop off. Why the need to taper to zero or 0.1mg? There's no special number where it all goes away. Just hang where you are until you're good to go.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby cheeps » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:53 am

The only answer to slow shitty taper is to experience the post detox Blues before the jump, walk off, quittin time, whatever. It's not even so much about the physical but it alleviates that too.

Everyone is different in what their buggerboo is...and many many peeps report that they felt so much better after the jump...all the shit went away and it gave them a cleaner and stress freer post detox journey. They compared their ride to other threads here where peeps jumped from .25 and above. We will find out soon how thes guys feel.

Peeps that come back and update quite often mention that they wish they had tapered more....even the ones who made it to .25. :shrug:

So, that's the reasoning behind the low and slow.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux