My liquid taper

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: My liquid taper

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:50 pm

@Cheeps - hang on girl. You've got this. You know what's on the other side & its beautiful & peaceful. Everything that you deserve. Take good care of yourself. No falling down steps or anything like that now. We just can't have you injuring yourself again. Especially now!

Anna - I'm going to be so glad when your eyesight returns to something close to normal. Blurry eyesight is one of my symptoms every time. It makes me crazy to look at the TV & see 3 lines of words instead of the one that it actually is! Oh & congrats on day 4 of .55. You are so doing this right. I'm going to follow your lead one day... Thank God for SS!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Vision issues are a total bitch when tapering...if you have the money, get some new lens...the way your eyes are now....will probably remain until you are 6 months post jump. That's about when the eyeball returns to its previous shape. I was told by the eye guy, its just a matter of the fucker becoming shaped differently that fucks with the vision. Now...did I fucking say its the shape of the waterball being a totally different shape? No...wait...the optical waterball of which most peeps have two....during taper and detox changes it shape...oh Fuck....that's not 100% correct....the damn thing gets smooshed a bit....just enough to cause your vision to BECOME A REAL PAIN IN THE HEAD.

ahem...any fucking questions...
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 pm

HOLY SHIT!!!! Thats just freakin' terrifying!!! Smooshed eyeballs on top of everything else???? I shouldn't be surprised i guess. At least its reversible.

My ladies, you are always here to let me know that you are always here for me. I love you for it. I know Ive been less verbose than usual. Just trying to navigate the Holiday preparations, go to the goddamn gym as scheduled, and still be gentle with myself. And the longer I'm on SubSux, the more threads I delve into.

More reading = more vision issues = less typing. I'm trying to keep up with a few threads, letting folks know I'm supporting them. Sometimes its a challenge. If I don't post as much, don't think I'm not here. I too am always here.

I'm on day 5 at .55mg. My plan is to drop one more time before Christmas and then hold the taper at .5mg through the holidays. So far my taper plan has gone very smoothly. I would never have gotten this far without SubSux and the information provided for the liquid taper. I'd still be stuck on 2mg a day. The universe brought me to where I needed to go. Funny how that happens huh??

Sending good healing thoughts to my ladies. And ladies you truly are.

XOXO

Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:39 pm

I'm checking in. This is day 7, I think, on .55mg. But I made a mistake this morning and instead of taking .3, I took .25mg. I'm only going to take .25mg tonight. So I guess I've actually dropped to .5mg a few days early. I feel pretty ok so I'm just going with it. I'm kind of eager to get down to the end of this, but I will most likely not drop again until after Christmas. Unless things continue to go this well. I'm off to Long Island in the morning to do some more Christmas prep. The family comes there for Christmas. My sister included. We have a very nice time, its just a lot of work. But I'm getting it done so no worries at the moment.

I want to give a shout out to my friend, Tim aka Wannabesubjumpa, who is no longer a "Wannabe". Time to change your handle man. Congratulations!!!! You lead the way. I feel like we should give you a jump party. If I could I'd throw you one with balloons, streamers, the works.

God bless all the SubSux folks.

Annalo57

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:58 am

Anna,

Thanks so much for da shout out!! You know what's up and how I feel about this place and all you guys!! Congrats on .5!! I know I'm only 6 days off but at least for right now it feels amazing and I'm so excited that your coming right behind me!!

Much much love, Tim
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 am

Way to go Anna! Down to .5. This is so great. Keep doing what you're doing & you're going to be right there with Tim with subs in the rearview mirror. Hope you enjoy your time on LI. I know you love it there so make the most of it. Christmas at your home sounds so nice. And all in the middle of a low sub taper. You rock!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks Cat, Tim.

Hi guys. You know its the strangest thing, but I have felt better this last week than Ive felt in a long long time. I even volunteered to make lasagna for Monday. Its a big production. What was I thinking??? Seriously though, I seem to have some actual energy. Not a ton, but some. Its kind of freaky.

I bought my tree today. Its smaller than usual, I didn't like any of the bigger ones. This one is very pretty though. Its about 6 ft. I usually go for 8 ft. But I like this tree. Its not too bushy and not too thin. Nice shape. Cut fresh.

So anyway, not altogether sure why I'm feeling little bursts of motivation, but I'll take it. Maybe I'm becoming a human again. Huzzah!!!

Love all you guys. Hope everyone is well, and at least a little happy today.

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:23 pm

I can totally relate to this Anna. One of my .25 mg tapers just about did me in a few weeks back. I couldn't believe all the shit going on in my head & body. I thought I would never adjust... but I finally did. Every taper since then has been an absolute cake walk. This is a strange & difficult drug. I hate it.

I've been feeling really great now too. I have enough energy to do the things that I need to do & some of the things that I actually like to do. It seems that I have hit some extraordinary point where my body is adjusting quickly to the taper. I'm almost completely down to 3 mg's now! I'm so excited!!! :D

This is such wonderful news for you Anna. I believe that you're seeing a glimpse of what it's going to be like on the other side. A life full of energy & fun & laughter. You have your wonderful husband & son & other family members too. You give me hope and for that I'm grateful. :kiss:

So go & trim that beautiful tree & make that delicious lasagne. Enjoy your new found energy for every precious moment.
XOXO
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Um....lasagna? In the words of my dear African Gray, may I say...want some...want some, want some, want some!!

If I can't get some...you may describe its deliciousness...

But....since you can't really see well...just a word or two will suffice.

I hope you enjoy every beautiful moment of LI you can....you are brave anna banana and you are strong.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm

My 2 best girls!!! Cheeps and Cat! Thank you.

I will blow my own horn and say that my Lasagna is something I learned from my father. Its very cheesy with lots and lots of sauce. It gets raves!! Its pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Yeah so this having energy is kind of blowing my mind. Its been so long since I've felt like doing anything. And its here at the absolute right time of the year.

Today has been a nice cozy snowy day on Long Island just off the Mastic Beach Marina. I lit my fake fireplace and enjoyed the quiet. Tomorrow I shop for ingredients on my way back to the city and put up the sauce. Will assemble on Monday. It'll be yumm.

Sending love

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 am

Big 'ole yay for having energy just at the time that you need it! That happened to me too during the hurricane late August. I was sitting at 4 mg's & feeling totally normal with lots of energy. It's a good thing too because my bestie was literally about to drown in her townhouse. A good samaritan came by with a boat & rescued her & her dog & brought them to my home.

You deserve this energy just at the right time of year. Your Dad's lasagna recipe sounds delicious. It's wonderful to keep traditions like that going. I have my Maternal Grandmother's Pecan Pie recipe. I cherish it.

Your snow day on LI sounds so peaceful. You know you're in a good place when you enjoy the quiet.

Glad you're doing so well Anna!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Ahem....kitty....pecan pie is my second favorite behind cherry....I have many recipes from church cookbooks and my mothers is good....but if it's not a secret....I'd like to smell that one too!

Anna....thank your body for cooperating and stay focused thru the holiday....on doing gentle things for yourself....don't overdo. I'm so proud of you.mwah!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Ok ladies, I need those recipes for pecan and cheery pie. My 2 faves along with blueberry. I'd give you my recipe for lasagna but its all in my head and I just kind of eyeball everything so I couldn't write it down if I tried. Its just one of those things you know but can't really share. The sauce is a lovely bolognese which I basically do by feel. I could give you a recipe for a chocolate soufflé. I made my first soufflé when I was 11 years old. I am the cook in the family. Thats why I get Christmas duty. But I'm happy to say that my daughter has the cooking gene and will eventually take over the duty. Sooner rather than later I hope.

Sauce is simmering. I have all the necessary cheeses and tomorrow I will assemble and my boys and I will go in
to a pasta coma for at least 3 days.

For Christmas I will be making Italian Pot Roast, or Genovese as it is actually called. This one I got from my mother. Another family thing. Another production. But the family loves this stuff, thats what they want, so that what I make. Got my work cut out for me, but I think it will be ok.

Holding at .5mg. I may have dropped a little to soon, cuz I'm a little anxious, and last night i had RLS a little worse than I like it, but I muddled through. Aside from that I'm still ok, still have some energy and am just going to push through this Holiday and take advantage of every ounce of energy that comes my way. I don't do New Years so once Christmas is in the rearview I'll drop again.

Wishing you all good things during this time, which can be challenging.

LOVE

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 am

Wow Anna you really have it together! I'll PM you my Pecan Pie recipe. Your Christmas dinner sounds fantastic! I'm going to take it easy & do the best that I can for Christmas. I didn't do too well for Thanksgiving, but I'm feeling much better now even as I drop much faster. (Currently tapering .25 mg's every 10 to 14 days & doing fine!)

Sorry the RLS & anxiety got you. It's amazing the way that you got through it & just kept on going. You're truly an inspiration girl.

Hope you're feeling well today!
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Hey Kitty Cat. I think you need to blow your own horn too. You have dealt with a freaking Hurricane, and you have rescued your friend. How awesome!!! I remember when Superstorm Sandy came. I had about 3 feet of water in my house and folks around me lost everything. I lost everything in my garage and I lost one bedroom which was full of stuff. Luckily it only flooded the lower level and did not get into the house proper, missed it by about 2 inches. I was out there and i was unable to get back home for 10 days because I needed to clean up and there was no power and no gas to be had for about 2 weeks. Major storms are traumatic events. I don't think I could have done that on a taper. So I'll blow your horn. CatsMeow rocks!!!

Lasagna is in the oven.

Hello to all my SS peeps. Love you guys :)

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Wow Anna. Then you know exactly what I'm talking about with the aftermath of a hurricane. I'm thrilled that your house proper was spared. But I know there was a shit load of work just fixing your garage & the 1 bedroom that flooded. Also know what it's like to go without power for weeks. My gosh Anna, we do have a lot in common! It's uncanny my dear!

My friend's house is slowly being rebuilt. I'm guessing it might be finished around February or March of next year. We'll all be so glad when its done. The contractor is working as fast as he can. There's just so much need down here that there aren't enough people or supplies to go around. Worst hurricane ever & Ike was pretty bad too!

The hubs & I just do what we have to do for her. She would do the same for us!

Wish I could come over & feast on your lasagna tonight my dear Anna Banana...
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 pm

CatsMeow wrote:Wow Anna. Then you know exactly what I'm talking about with the aftermath of a hurricane. I'm thrilled that your house proper was spared. But I know there was a shit load of work just fixing your garage & the 1 bedroom that flooded. Also know what it's like to go without power for weeks. My gosh Anna, we do have a lot in common! It's uncanny my dear!

My friend's house is slowly being rebuilt. I'm guessing it might be finished around February or March of next year. We'll all be so glad when its done. The contractor is working as fast as he can. There's just so much need down here that there aren't enough people or supplies to go around. Worst hurricane ever & Ike was pretty bad too!

The hubs & I just do what we have to do for her. She would do the same for us!

Wish I could come over & feast on your lasagna tonight my dear Anna Banana...

Yes, we really should add ourselves to her guest list. :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wish I had the time to cook like you!

Hope you're feeling well today Anna!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am

Hey there my Anna Banana. How are you doing today? I'm hoping the RLS has calmed down since your drop to .5 and that your new found energy is still with you.

I know you're having probs with your eyes & posting may be hard. Just drop in when you can & tell us how you're doing. Enquiring minds want to know! :)
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi guys. I'm ok. A little edgy with some minor bouts of RLS but mostly just fine. Its just a busy time and my squooshed eyeballs are still squooshed so its challenging to look at the screen for too long. And I have had to do a bunch of online shopping so I can't be on SS as much as usual.

The lasagna came out really good. Its almost all gone, and it was pretty big pan. The 3 of us have been eating it since Monday.

I know I owe a couple of PMs to people. I will get to it. I just appreciate you all so much.

I don't have anything major to report. Holding steady at .5mg for the time being. I hope all my SS friends are feeling well and enjoying the season.

Have no fear, I'm not going anywhere. If i don't post too much over the next couple of weeks it's just a matter of being busy and trying to focus on all the Xmas prep. Cleaning, shopping, wrapping, cooking... so much to do, so little time. Happy merry jolly ho ho ho.

I love you guys.

Annalo57

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux