My liquid taper

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: My liquid taper

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm

S47 and Cheeps...

I very much appreciate your comments and staying connected to my situation,..you guys rock. I believe there are some general rules that apply to everyone, eg., don't drop more than 20%, spike dosing is a terrible idea, etc. However, tapering also has a personal side. Take PSilver for example...he jumped at .65mg/d because he knew in his heart that was right for him. Subjummpa jumped at a whopping 1 mg while Eyedotz went down to .03mg/d...and they all succeeded 100%. So other factors come into play such as activity level (some people work a job/career and some are retired/disabled) some are 28 years old and some are 58 years old, some have multiple health problems some have none. Some have strong psyches while others, such as me, are weak of heart and are chronic masturbators (that's a joke, I'm not really weak of heart....see what I did there/). The point is when it comes to tapering there's tons of variables that come into the equation. Sure some things are universal, like don't jump at 8mg unless you're a really into pain. These are things I see repeated over and over.

Anyway, I can't take any more of this and am going on to my thread to post probably the most important post since I started my threat in November 2016.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Hey guys. All I know is I've been sticking to a pretty hard and fast rule that I don't drop more than 10% (I may push that limit a little moving forward), every 10 days nd I'm trying to get as low as I can before I jump. Thats what my gut is telling me to do.

I dropped to .34mg down from .37 yesterday. Now I am taking .17 twice a day.

Now I'm gonna go see what Doc posted on his thread.

Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Oh hell yes! .17mg bid is fantastic! Congratulations and yet another move toward freedom. Well done.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 am

Great news Anna. You're so doing this the right way. Are you thinking of staying on each dose a shorter period, or dropping more than 10%? Either way, I think you're getting really close to the jump.

I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished. I hope to follow in your footsteps one day. I'm here for you in any way that you need me to be!
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:31 pm

I push on. I don't think I'll change the 10 day time frame but i may allow myself to drop a little more than 10% next drop and see how that goes.

I am having more eye trouble because I woke up on Saturday with something in my left eye. It took half the day but it finally came out, but it irritated my eye quite a bit, so fuzzy has moved on to outright blurry. Hopefully it will improve over the next few days.

Doc, I read your post on your thread. When I get back from the evil, hated gym, I'll post a comment there. Thanks for continuing to look in on me..

Cat, as always all I can say is thank you for continued encouragement and support. It means the world.

All SS folks, you rock. Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Your new plan sounds great Anna. Allowing yourself to drop more shows your dedication to this slow process. Each day is a day closer to freedom. You deserve it!
CatsMeow

Postby SubJumpa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 am

Hey Anna,

Just popping into to say hi and great job as always! Sorry I haven’t posted much lately I’ve kinda just been wrapped up inside my head lately.. Anyways I hope you are well today and I’m thinking bout ya..

Best T
SubJumpa

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 am

Hi Annalo,
Quick question? I just started my conversion to a liquid taper, I’m using listerine also... I keep the liquid under ,y tongue for 15min (just like I did with the strips).. my question is do u swallow the liquid(mouthwash) after keeping it under your tongue... or do u spit it out? I swallowed it this am but it didn’t sit to great in my stomach so if it’s not necessary to swallow I’d prefer to spit..

Lol.. spit and swallow.. I’m like a 12year old giggling about juvenile words.
Any input would be much appreciated
Mojo
nomojo3479

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Nmojo, I've always just let it sit and absorb into my mouth. it spreads out but I don't think that has caused any issues. If I swallow a little every now and then it hasn't been much. Are you using a piece of cotton?? And how high of a dose are you at?? I wouldn't spit it out because idk how much actual Bup would be lost that way. I can tell you that as you get to lower amounts you'll be losing a lot less because it doesn't spread out as much and stays under the tongue where it belongs. I am am impatient person (go figure) and even when I was using the tablets under my tongue I tended to push them around under my tongue to hurry up the dissolving process, so the Bup was always spread out under my tongue. I hope this helps. When I get a burst of extra energy I will visit your thread. We need to support each other. Thanks for visiting my thread.

I am on day 5 at .34mg taken in 2 doses of .17mg. Small enough that I don't need cotton in my mouth anymore and it seems to absorb well. Feeling quite low energy today, but otherwise pretty much the same. I will keep you all posted.

Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 pm

What wouldn't I give to have a day like this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C3zgYW_FAM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Annalo57

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:03 am

Hey guys. I've got a story for you. Today I went to see my Sub Dr. First let me say that if you saw this guy you'd freak. He's a total geek but not in a good way. Sometimes I think he has some sort of birth defect. But he's an MD and was one of the very first drs to prescribe Bup in NYC, I've been with him for the duration. So today I asked him about Belbuca. Well, as i suspected, he never heard of it. :shock: So he looked it up on his computer and he said, "wow these are really low doses!" He said that he didn't know how or why a dr would prescribe such low doses for pain. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
So I explained it to him. People with no tolerance to Opioids might find it helpful, its a very strong medication. DUHHHH!! :deadhorse: So he sort of nodded and then said, "thank you Anna. I always learn from my patients." :shrug: I hardly think that a 60 year old English major should be teaching pharmacology to their doctor, but thats just my opinion, I could be wrong. Particularly since he gets paid 340 bucks a month, just to write prescriptions. :gaah: I'm literally in there for as long as it takes him to send the scripts, and me to pay the bill. He's quite a piece of work. Really looking forward to never seeing him again. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway, he did say that I could have Belbuca any time I like, and he wrote all my scripts, so I continue to make nice. :D

Day 7 on .34mg. No major issues yet. Knock wood. I think it'll be ok. Afar as belbuca goes, when my dose gets so low that I can't tell if there's any mouthwash in my mouth, I may switch over, but for now, if it ain't broke.... :cheers:

Lovely Thursday everyone.

Annalo57

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Wow...that's great that he will cover you and not surprising at all that he don't know squat!!

Your are killing it baby....I brag on you all the time IRL...of course no one knows who you are....any of you. I'm just sooooo happy for this group of posters. You all have a large place in my heart. Your determination and commitment help me s much. Anna, you started it!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:43 am

We are going to have to come up with a plan to quit smoking together :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . For some reasons n to be been sucking them d own. I'll wait until you are ready....no pressure....just hoping we can do it together. :gaah: :gaah: :crazy: :crazy: :suicide:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm not surprised at all that your doctor didn't know shit about Belbuca. The Racket Buttfucker sales reps are probably out front whacking all the reps that have the Belbuca and won't let them in. :spank:

At least WE know about it now.

So you & cheeps are talking about quitting smoking? I was wondering if you have less of an urge to smoke now that you're on such a low dose of sub? I read your first page yesterday & you mentioned how much more you were smoking on subs. I'm doing that too and I'm still doing it. I'm driving myself crazy with the cigs. I truly believe that they make me more nervous than I would be. I know it.

But all I can do at this point is taper subs. Just can't face anything else. Hopefully one day though. :banghead:
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Cat, You are my touchstone here. I feel like we are so connected. I'm smoking just as much as ever, a little less than a pack a day. Every cigarette I smoke, I keep thinking of how bad my lungs are now, and I wonder how much more damage I'm doing. I know I need to address this, but I feel like its all I have. Its the first drug i ever did and will be the last. I'm even on decaf. I will say that giving up real coffee after YEARS AND YEARS (3 cups min a day) I had no problem giving it up. Not even a slight headache. I drink coffee for taste, not for caffeine. Coffee has never kept me up at night nor woken me up in the morning. It just tastes good, especially with a smoke. But I know in my heart that if I get through this taper, all the way to the end, there's no point if I don't quit the smoking. But like you, I just can't do it now. So I smoke and I guess that means I die a little every day. I don't even like the taste anymore, but I seem to need them. So confusing!!!

Cheeps, you are my heart here. You make me cry when you say such nice things about me. Suffice to say I have major self esteem issues. I will say to you that every day i get a little closer to finding the courage to address this smoking thing. My biggest fear is that I'll quit and immediately die of a heart attack or I'll get diagnosed with cancer. I've seen this phenomena before. People quit the thing thats killing them, and then they die from it. Ive seen it several times. I guess I kind of figure, the damage is done, there's no avoiding the consequences. Even if I quit, I'm not going to regain any lung function, so why not let it kill me? IDK, its a very emotional issue for me. But as I think more, I get closer to making that all important decision. Like i did with the Subs. So maybe what I need is for you to be in it with me. We can try. I promise, we can try.

Love you guys.

Anna, no more nanaers til I jump
Annalo57

Postby Annalo57 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 am

In 2018 one would think you could get a travel agent on a Saturday. I am not good enough at these travel sites to plan the trip I want to take in less that 3 weeks. The plan is to go to San Fran to visit my best friend of 45 years. Then for us to fly us both down to LA and go to Santa Clarita to visit The Gentle Barn. Then fly back to SF where I will stay for a few more days and then come home. I'm sorry but this is complex and I just don't know how to book it all on one of these 21st century travel sites. ARE THERE ANY TRAVEL AGENTS HERE??? Haha.

Mostly I need to say that I have the motivation to do this. Its huge. I never want to go anywhere. But this came up when my dearest friend asked me to come to SF for an event on 3/3. So I thought OK, I'll come but we need to go to Santa Clarita while I'm there. She is totally up for it, but left the booking to me. Its short notice and I want to get it booked but i think I'll need to wait till Monday. This aggravates me.

I think the biggest take away from this is that I'm just really starting to feel a little more alive, a little more motivated. Is this because I'm only on .34mg. I think so. I feel myself coming a little bit back to life. It's kind of a mind blower after so many years feeling DEAD.

WOW!!! I'm semi human. Who knew???

Anna
Annalo57

Postby SubJumpa » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:56 pm

I think the biggest take away from this is that I'm just really starting to feel a little more alive, a little more motivated. Is this because I'm only on .34mg. I think so. I feel myself coming a little bit back to life.

This is the best part about getting off this shit Anna, being able to feel alive again instead of being some fuckin robot. It’s a humbling experience to begin to live again after basically walking through life half dead.. Your doing a great job, keep up the good work and you’ll be completely human in no time!!

Best Tim
SubJumpa

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Anna, try booking.com....very easy to use....just allow yourself enough time in between flights if there is a layover. But yes, a travel agent is a fine idea. Write up your time table, need for hotel, rental cars, whatever...so they can jump right on it. You have plenty of time.

This trip will stress you out physically, use handicapped services whenever possible, valet parking, porters, all the stuff you need. I used a wheelchair service in Atlanta. The best way is to do nonstop wherever you go. Pack for their weather but bring along one full coat. Pack lightly, you can buy something out there if you need it. Let people HELP you. Treat yourself and go first class if you can afford it.

No fear bunny, no fear!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Wow Anna, this is so great! I'm thrilled that you feel the life coming back into you. And you're on such a low dose. This truly does give me hope. I think I've read too many people say that they just can't adjust at such & such a dose. But you're living proof than you can, even on .34!

I hope that you can get that trip set up and go and enjoy life. I have completely stopped traveling since being on sub. We used to travel all over the world before the opy's took over. That's just sad. I want my life back too. But I've got to take it slow, just like you.
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:11 pm

So baby...did you find some help?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted