My liquid taper

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: My liquid taper

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Hey Anna. Can you let us know what supplements you're taking? Perhaps it could help us all. I really do believe that they are helping you in a big way. You're just doing so darn good at such low doses! IMO you're doing it all correctly. Going to the gym, taking supplements & never letting yourself drop too fast due to being impatient.

At this point when I feel WD's after a drop I'm taking Calm Support. It says that it's specifically for opiate withdrawals. I read the ingredients & I recognize them all. I only take it when needed so that it will be there for me when I jump.

Glad to hear you're in such high spirits. It gives me hope. We can do this.

Hope your day is really good!
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Hey Tim. So glad you had a good trip. I'm glad you were able to get on SS while you were away. Honestly, I think you're doing so well. Not sure how you pulled off the whole vacation with the fam thing, all I can say is you rock. Also feeling a bit jealous that you are at .19mg, but I will get there.

Cat my love, I will try to find out what i am taking. Its actually quite a lot of pills and capsules. Sometimes I feel like I'm choking them down, but I am taking them as directed. one thing is certain, my skin is much better. I had a lot of those little dry skin bumps on my arms, they are all gone now. I've never been one to take supplements, despite living with a man who has taken them religiously for his entire life and who is in great health, very fit at the age of 79.

Today I dropped my dose by .05mg. I went from .7 to to .65mg. .3 in the Am and .35 in the PM. I feel like Ive made good progress. If things continue to go the way they have I think I can be done by Spring if not sooner. The liquid method remains imprecise so I'm not sure how much of my dose i get, though I will say that the lower I go, the less I think I lose. Smaller amount of liquid = less getting lost in my mouth and more staying under my tongue where it belongs. I'm planning to get down to .05mg and to consider jumping from there. I could probably get it lower to like .03 or .02 but I'm not sure I'll need to do that. I'll see how things go when I get down below .1mg.

Overall I'd say things have been going pretty well. Aside from he damn gym, i really can't complain too much. Did I really just say that?? Who the hell are you and what have you done with Anna????

Keep the faith people. We are winning this war.

Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Cat, does that Calm Support really help with symptoms???? I'm very curious. Let us know how it works.

Hugs!!!!

Anna
Annalo57

Postby cheeps » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Shit....I'm impressed! I'll be back tomorrow.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Anna, the Calm Support has been very helpful for me. When I'm tapering & not feeling all that great I take one or two per day with a meal! Very important that you take it with food or it doesn't work as well. It makes me feel better & sincerely calms me down. (Hence the name I guess).

I have a feeling that you're getting all of its ingredients in the supplements that you're currently taking though, so be sure & check that out before you buy it. It does cost $60.

Congrats on your drop of .05. Do you just put the drops under your tongue or do you put it in a small piece of cotton or a cig filter? I wouldn't worry too far into the future. Just keep doing what you're doing & the prize will be yours. As Cheeps says "don't lean forward".

PS. I got up this morning not feeling very well. But I got myself up & moving and am feeling better. I think I messed up & was leaving my dose in too long (like 45 minutes to an hour). I'm back to 30 minutes only, but I think I'm having to adjust to that now. :gaah:
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Hello my little Kitty Cat..

So Ive got the info. And I made hubby look at the Calm Support ingredients. Indeed it seems that most of what is in there I'm taking. So here's the list.

MORNING
1000mg ester C
100mg B Complex
5000 I.U D-3
!0, 000 mcg Biotin
3 Tabs Collagen

MIDDAY
Omega 3
400 IU Vitamin E
200 Mcg Selenium
1 tab Cod liver oil

EVENING
2 tabs Kyolic
1 Curamed
1 Curamed brain
1 Anxio Calm
350mg Passion flower

BEDTIME
500mg tryptophan
or
5mg melatonin

All are taken after meal, even if its a very small meal. Except the bedtime stuff.
Never thought i'd manage typing all this supplement shit. What won't i do for you guys?? Nothing really. Frankly I don't know what any of this shit is. But I according to my hubby, most of it is in Calm Support. Do with this info what you will

Love to Cat and all my SS peeps.

As for you T Wannabe..... Don't even fret. You will have everything you want and deserve once this struggle is over. Don't doubt that. I swear, its true.

Much love to all my SS peeps, you guys keep me real, whole and moving forward. I never imagined i'd have friends to help me through this unimaginably hard task. But I do, and you make it so much easier. I can never repay what you've given me. Never!!!

I'm here for all of you. Always.

P.S. Feeling a bit nostalgic today and this popped in my head. Its fucking timeless. This was my High School unofficial song, sung to the tune of "When the Army Goes Rolling Along."

"Give a yell, give a cheer
For the nuns who drink the beer
In the cellars of old Scared Heart

They are brave, they are bold
For the whiskey that they hold
In the cellars of old Sacred Heart

Run run run,
I think I smell a nun
Walking the corridors today

If a nun should appear,
Say, Sister have a beer
In the cellars of old sacred heart"

These words were based on the real life facts of nuns, I swear they were fucking nuts. And we were just a bunch of convent girls. You know what they say about convent girls.

Buy your supplements.
Enjoy your day.

Annalo57

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am

Heh :banana:

Thanks for posting these supplements, gotta admit I had to laugh when you said "frankly I don't know what any of this shit is"! I'm going to be starting some supplements real soon I think, right now I only have a bottle of 5htp and I've been taken a multivitamin so this info. Is great!! Hope your doing well today and the butterflies are hanging in as well!!
:wave: T
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby cheeps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 pm

God I love songs like that! Ditties are the bomb!

Anna....love comes from the strangest places...But you put yourself out there and started it...you ain't no banana....you are mother goose....a very trim mother goose. :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Dearest Anna. Thanks for listing out all of the supplements! You're a real Saint here. :angel: Your post is going to help a lot of folks. I'm going to print it out & use it because I really believe that it's doing you a world of good.

That song was an absolute scream! My best friend from college went to a Catholic school too. The stories she would tell... :crazy:

Hoping you have a really great day!
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm

So today I got some news which kind of rocked me. I went for my annual physical. No I did not tell him about the Subs or the taper. But he listened to my breathing with his stethoscope and promptly told me I have Emphysema. It's not too bad yet, but I guess i have to try to quit smoking after 47 years. Well fuck!! I'm not altogether sure I can do that. The other option is to just ignore it and take whatever comes. I'm not one of those people that wants to live for as long as possible. I don't want to live if I'm going to be sick all the time, or be unable to care for myself. <Sigh> I knew this being old thing was not gonna be fun. I just thought I had a bit more time before things started to happen. So anyway he wrote me a script for Chantix. Yippee!! The thing is, I don't have a cough. I do get winded fairly easily and knew that smoking was responsible for that. I have been a generally physically healthy person all my life. Things catch up I guess.

Today is day 3 on .65mg. Still moving along the slow road to Sub free.

Anna, no banana just now.
Annalo57

Postby mickey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm

First let me say thanks for taking the time to post your supplement regime. I'm going to try it when I get below 1 milligram. Second, I wanted to say that I smoked for 35 years and quit while on the subs. I noticed that the sub not only blocks opposed cravings, but a bunch of other stuff too, like thirst. I seriously have to remind myself to drink water because I have never been thirsty on this crap. I convinced myself that the sub would block my smoking craving and quit with absolutely no probes. Oh sure every once in a while I'd get the ol "just one cig or just one drag", but I have never given in to it! My thought is, if I could do it so could you. We'll, I just thought I'd share that tid bit. Keep up the good work of lighting the way for the rest of us lurkers. Peace!
mickey

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Dearest Anna,

Well I don't really know what to say except that I'm so very sorry to hear this. Have you thought about getting a second opinion? This is a pretty serious diagnosis so I would think a second opinion would be a really good idea.

I've tried Chantix. I hope you have better luck with it than I did. I do have a little bit of advice here. When I went to buy it, they made me buy like 6 months worth. Don't do that if you can. Only buy 1 month to see if your body can tolerate it. It was extremely expensive & not covered under my insurance. So I now have $500 + of old Chantix sitting in my cabinet. What a horrible waste.

I will say one thing, when I started Subs I began to smoke MUCH more heavily than I ever have before. I was inducted way too high which has led (IMO) to me being addicted to a much higher dose of opy's than I have ever been on before. Quite sad for me.

I'm so happy for you dropping to .65. That's great news. You're very inspiring with your taper. You're leading the way for many to show that one can get off this shit with time & patience.

I'm thinking of you. :kiss:
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Anna...when you walk off this shit....you might throw down the smokes too. Remember how sense of smell comes into play? Cigs start tasting really nasty...

Yeah....us smokers are fucked....COPD is in the cards for me too....but if we stop soon....it can get better. How to break our nasty habit? Every time you want to light up....just do something else...even if for three minutes...go poke your head into a closet, look at the bottom of the oven, look for cobwebs...

Just don't go to your smoking area, don't put yourself in a place where you can smoke. Cutting back helps on the way to stopping. Make yourself put them out half way. Just don't stress out and beat yourself up. If you do pull one out...put it down...walk back to somewhere else in the house...just stall it.

I smoke on my front porch...so when it's cold...I smoke less. Where do you smoke?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:50 am

Heh buddy just wanted to say thanks and let u know I'm thinking of you!! :kiss:
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am

mickey wrote:First let me say thanks for taking the time to post your supplement regime. I'm going to try it when I get below 1 milligram. Second, I wanted to say that I smoked for 35 years and quit while on the subs. I noticed that the sub not only blocks opposed cravings, but a bunch of other stuff too, like thirst. I seriously have to remind myself to drink water because I have never been thirsty on this crap. I convinced myself that the sub would block my smoking craving and quit with absolutely no probes. Oh sure every once in a while I'd get the ol "just one cig or just one drag", but I have never given in to it! My thought is, if I could do it so could you. We'll, I just thought I'd share that tid bit. Keep up the good work of lighting the way for the rest of us lurkers. Peace!

This what I was thinking...so glad you posted it....I just know that my smeller gets off the chain and that helps me put some stuff down. :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:49 pm

I sure hope this happens to me! I've been a fiend of a cig smoker since taking subs. Sure, I smoked on opy's but the subs make me crazy! :banghead:

I quit once for 1.5 years. The worst year & a half of my life. I grew up with a Dad that smoked cigars. Every time I would step down into the den there was a haze of smoke that I lived in. Not good. I think I was addicted to nicotine before I even started to smoke. Not good. :gaah:

I need to get set up with a strong vape rig & at least try to cut down. I've read here that there's some really great help from someone on this exact subject. I'm going to go look for it.

Best of luck to you Anna whichever way you decide to go.
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:43 pm

So my people. Thank you all for your encouragement. I've been sitting with this news now for a couple of days, just processing. I'm going to go to a walk in clinic and have them listen to see if they think it's really true first of all. The Dr listened to me take 2 breaths and then told me this as I was leaving his office. I'm not sure he's right. I don't feel any different than I have for the past several years. It did kind of put things in perspective though. I have cut down my smoking and I will make the effort to quit, whether i actually have this sickness or not. I've known for some time that I need to quit. The big problem is I don't really want to quit. But now it seems I have to quit. So be it. This will make my husband very happy. He quit years ago and hates that I still smoke. I am not telling him what the Dr said. At least not until I am certain and maybe not even then. We will see. Ahh yet another thing I have to give up. All my favorite drugs, all my favorite foods, now my favorite thing. I do have it coming though. I have smoked since I was about 13 years old. i guess I've smoked my share. I currently have 2 cartons of smokes from the indian reservation (very cheap). I guess I'll have to toss most of them. I'm waiting for the Chantix to arrive from the stupid express scripts mail delivery. All I can promise is that I'll try.

I want to thank all of you, Cheeps, Cat and my buddy Tim. You guys are there for me. I'm feeling the love. Sending it all back tenfold. :)

XOXO

Anna the smokey banana :banana:
Annalo57

Previous

Return to Sub Sux