Butrans Patch taper here

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Butrans Patch taper here

Postby GingerPop » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks for that message of support Lucy!

I live in Portland where cannabis is legal so I have that. I am going to see the sub doctor tomorrow, and he'll prescribe Gabapentin which helps with RLS which is actually a brutal side effect of this detox. I'd love some Xanax but that's not optional....

This stage is a dilemma because I won't go back up in dosage, and I can't face jumping from here. I guess I'll get the .05 patch which is .10 buprenorphine and do the best I can. I am functional, just insane.

The song remains the same, emotional see saw, hot and cold flashes, headache, insomnia & RLS. What I know for sure is that it does get better. In 2015 I felt pretty good after a month or two, no lingering PAWS. I'm just sitting tight, crying when I have to, and writing to awesome people I've never met who actually care.

There is no other place I could go and talk about buprenorphine withdrawal, I don't know what I'd do without this.
GingerPop

Postby cheeps » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 am

I sure wish the last thing you said wasn't so. I thought Portland would have some kind of non 12 step place too go?

You are so close....sending good juju your way. :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 am

You're so lucky over there with mj being available legally in so many places. I hope it, and the gaba, do the trick for you. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby DietDoc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 am

Hey Ginger,

Just a suggestion, partly becasue it sounds like your provider is progressive. Ask for an Rx for Stadol. It's a buprenorphine nasal spray that delivers a very low dose. You could use it to very accurately adjust your dose. Use the patch and add 3 sprays for a week, then two for a week then one then none. Then remove your last patch and repeat, 3 sprays for a week then 2...etc. a nice way to have more control of your total dose. Your provider will be able to do the bioequivalent calculations. Just a thought. It's like using the 'liquid taper method' without having to guess how much medication is left in the cotton balls you have to place under your tounge and desolving and mixing and measuring vodka etc. Stadol is an aerosolized, metered nasal injection that is highly accurate. You can even use it in public because it just looks like Qnasal or Zycam or any other allergy medication nasal spray. My calulations are 20 sprays equals 0.5 mg but with an 8 hour half life that would equate to 0.08 mg per spray. Anyway, it's very low dose nasal spray buprenorphine that might help make your reductions more homogeneous. A friend of mine is writing for them with good results thus far. Again, just a thought.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 am

DietDoc wrote:Hey Ginger,

Just a suggestion, partly becasue it sounds like your provider is progressive. Ask for an Rx for Stadol. It's a buprenorphine nasal spray that delivers a very low dose. You could use it to very accurately adjust your dose. Use the patch and add 3 sprays for a week, then two for a week then one then none. Then remove your last patch and repeat, 3 sprays for a week then 2...etc. a nice way to have more control of your total dose. Your provider will be able to do the bioequivalent calculations. Just a thought. It's like using the 'liquid taper method' without having to guess how much medication is left in the cotton balls you have to place under your tounge and desolving and mixing and measuring vodka etc. Stadol is an aerosolized, metered nasal injection that is highly accurate. You can even use it in public because it just looks like Qnasal or Zycam or any other allergy medication nasal spray. My calulations are 20 sprays equals 0.5 mg but with an 8 hour half life that would equate to 0.08 mg per spray. Anyway, it's very low dose nasal spray buprenorphine that might help make your reductions more homogeneous. A friend of mine is writing for them with good results thus far. Again, just a thought.

That's good info DD. :smart:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Hows it going Ginger?