2.5 years on 32mg

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: 2.5 years on 32mg

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:45 am

You picked a fine time to leave us Lucille.

With four lonely addicts and a crop in the pot field. We've had some weird times and we've had some bad times but now it's a good time too bail...You picked a fine time to screw me Lucille!

I couldn't resist....I hate Kenny Rodgers. :mrgreen:

Besides....if you leave this place for longer than a week....we get to totally trash your thread. :blowme: :D

Come out and play!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:10 am

There is a possibly she's caught up in a range of ips I had to ban. I've got to go look when I get home. Rats.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 am

Sorry, guys. I didn't even realize I'd been away for this long. I've hit a bit of a slump and the depression has been creeping back in a bit. Just feeling so sick of sub and knowing how long this is going to take me I've even found myself thinking maybe I should just stay on this lower dose and not fight it. Then I hate myself for letting it get to me like that. It's so insidious because your doctors and friends all tell you that you've been doing so well, don't fix what ain't broke etc. But I want rid of this drug and I do have support in getting off it so I'm not going to give up! :MrT:

DietDoc, I am a huge Walking Dead fan, so I absolutely do get the reference. That and the Kenny Rogers put a big smile on my face. I love this place and all of you. You'll have to throw me out of here :kiss:
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby DietDoc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 am

Glad to see you're well. the humor may not be very good but anything is better than constantly commiserating.

That's cool you like The Walking Dead. It's fun to watch people killing and tearing each other apart...good times.
They filmed the entire last season a few towns over from where I live in Maryland, USA. Trump is literally in my neighborhood. It's a pain in the ass because there's this constant barrage of people that come by all the time with these signs and start yelling stuff. It's annoying.

Thanks for the suggestions on my thread. I'm going do some research on the endocrine reset you mentioned. Maybe part of the answer is to embrace the suck, not fight and medicate it.

I have been trained in and have done therapeutic fasting. The real, scientific kind. No calories, just water. There's data about how fasting reestablishes homeostasis (not eating allows all the body's vital energy to be diverted to repair, healing and maintenance). So perhaps the best way to put out the fire is to set one.

I did think the 'Fucitol Opiate Detox Implant' bit was funny, if I do say so myself.

There's a new show called 'Top of the Lake with your national treasure Nicole Kidman. It's about a murder on Bondi Beach. Like I said, I watch too much TV. I don't think Cheeps owns a television. From what I've read she did see a movie, once.

Thanks for the shout out on my thread. How are you doing? Holding strong at 12 mg? Just drop 1 mg every 5 days and you'll be done in exacly 8 weeks. Simple, at least that's literally what my last doctor told me to do. He also said, and let me get this quote right, "Because of the mix of opiates in buprenorphine there is little if any withdrawal. There is no need to reduce your dose below 2 mg because you won't feel any discomfort whatsoever". Now THAT'S funny.

See you in Hyde Park.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby Lucy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am

Good lord! How did you not laugh in that doctor's face when he said that to you?

I'm pretty sure I've seen Top of the Lake. If it's a few years old, I'm sure I have. I watch a lot of tv too. Actually enjoying Fear the Walking Dead more than TWD the last couple of years. The whole Negan plot-line became too demoralizing for me.

Hope something works for you soon. Let us know how things go.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm

DietDoc wrote:Glad to see you're well. the humor may not be very good but anything is better than constantly commiserating.

That's cool you like The Walking Dead. It's fun to watch people killing and tearing each other apart...good times.
They filmed the entire last season a few towns over from where I live in Maryland, USA. Trump is literally in my neighborhood. It's a pain in the ass because there's this constant barrage of people that come by all the time with these signs and start yelling stuff. It's annoying.

Thanks for the suggestions on my thread. I'm going do some research on the endocrine reset you mentioned. Maybe part of the answer is to embrace the suck, not fight and medicate it.

I have been trained in and have done therapeutic fasting. The real, scientific kind. No calories, just water. There's data about how fasting reestablishes homeostasis (not eating allows all the body's vital energy to be diverted to repair, healing and maintenance). So perhaps the best way to put out the fire is to set one.

I did think the 'Fucitol Opiate Detox Implant' bit was funny, if I do say so myself.

There's a new show called 'Top of the Lake with your national treasure Nicole Kidman. It's about a murder on Bondi Beach. Like I said, I watch too much TV. I don't think Cheeps owns a television. From what I've read she did see a movie, once.

Thanks for the shout out on my thread. How are you doing? Holding strong at 12 mg? Just drop 1 mg every 5 days and you'll be done in exacly 8 weeks. Simple, at least that's literally what my last doctor told me to do. He also said, and let me get this quote right, "Because of the mix of opiates in buprenorphine there is little if any withdrawal. There is no need to reduce your dose below 2 mg because you won't feel any discomfort whatsoever". Now THAT'S funny.

See you in Hyde Park.

Now this is the STEVE I love to read everyday.....huelareeus!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ima gonna go get a FUCITOL implant today....if I die...bury me with it! :blowme: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Maybe part of the answer is to embrace the suck, not fight and medicate

Ya think there doodie?? :mrgreen: dotz and cheez have been trying to tell you this shit for months!! :banghead: :banghead:

If you haven't reread your threads...all of them, I want you too. :angel: :angel: :angel: :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 pm

The Top of the Lake you saw was the New Zealand one. The Bondi beach season with Nicole Kidman came out literally today. It's six one hour episodes and they're releasing 2 today, two tomorrow and two the next day.

How does Madison get everyone to do what ever she wants? She's TWD's Rick.

You gotta drop at what ever rate and amount that feels right for you of corse but I'd bet 1000 bucks if you dropped to 8 mg you'd wouldn't notice a single thing. This is not advice but rather for confidence. Everyone is different and follow your instincts but I dropped from 12 mg to 8 mg in one reduction and there was nothing, zero, nada. I was on 32 mg for a while too. I don't remember reducing down from 32 but I'm pretty sure I dropped from 32 to 16 in one drop. But I was bouncing around the high doses for a few years.

Follow your heart, I just wanted to let you know my experience when I passed through 12 mg. Remember, I'm not exactly an icon of strength or what you'd consider stoic hahha.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby Lucy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 am

Ah, you're correct. It was an NZ show, with Holly Hunter, I think. Thanks for the info, I had no idea about it. Just asked the entertainment provider in the house about it and I'm told it's S2 of the original NZ show. It just took a few years for them to get around to it. Kidman asked Jane Campion to write a role for her, apparently.

Madison is definitely the Rick of the show. Quite the charismatic pragmatist, bordering on sociopath, herself. When she teams up with Victor it's hard to understand how anyone stops them. I've been fond of Kim Dunbar since Deadwood. That was a helluva show too.

I'm so tempted to drop another 4mg and get this moving on but there's a lot of detox support offered here and I'd like to be able to use that when I need it. Unfortunately, the doc will only agree to 2mg drops every 2 - 3 weeks. So it's either do it faster without medical support or do it really slow with med support. At this point, I'm thinking having patience will pay off in the end. Just need to remind myself of that when I get frustrated. I already feel so much better and clear-headed compared to how I was on 32.
Last edited by Lucy on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy

Postby DietDoc » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:57 am

2 mg reductions every 2-3 weeks is an excellent paradigm! I must have lost track of that discussion, durrrr. If you don't have a hard deadline time matters not. You're fortunate in that regard. You'll be at the big 8 before Halloween.

Speaking of Halloween, this year I'm going as a soulless, cadaver-like ghoul, with sunken eyes and that skin falling off your bones emaciated look...really scary. This way I won't need any kind of a costume or make up (yea I know, I recycled the same bit).

If we all chip in we can get Cheeps an Apple TV!

DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm

DietDoc wrote:2 mg reductions every 2-3 weeks is an excellent paradigm! I must have lost track of that discussion, durrrr.

If we all chip in we can get Cheeps an Apple TV!

I hate the damned if you do, fucked if you don't shit. Lucy....don't you just want to beat that dr?

What's Apple TV? My daughter has it but the movie she made me watch was real fuzzy and I hated it. Waste of TIME!!!
Ok, ok....I got sling TV two months ago....still haven't watched it. I don't understand myself and TV at all. I guess it reminds me of sitting around waiting for my foot to heal.. :roll: :x :roll: :thumbdown: :think: but I didn't much like it before that. Too many choices.... :gaah: I feel unamerican. :puppy-dog: :ogeez:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am

Halloween is becoming popular here with the youngsters. But until recently we didn't follow that tradition. I can't imagine kiddies coming to the door asking for treats. I'd probably chase them away with a broom!

Don't worry, Cheeps. I don't know what Apple TV is either. I only started watching tv again about 2 years ago. Prior to that I hadn't even bothered getting myself a digital tv when they switched off all the free to air analogue channels. Most of what I watch is downloaded specifically though. I can't stand just having it on no matter what's showing. The continuous babbling of it drives me mad.

I don't know what's going on with me. I'm going from great days where I'm full of energy and very productive (but still having sweats) to days where I feel like I'm staring into the dark maw of hell itself. Rinse, repeat. At least I'm having the great days and that knowledge gets me through the bad ones. This was really unexpected, especially considering I'm still on a significant dose. Only way out is off this shit.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:37 am

Do you think it's some of the fattened on sub receptors being denied? I sure hope so....you may not consider it healing but the word "adjustment" comes to mind. diet doc knows how to explain it better than I do. Those kappa receptors aren't getting their "free lunch" of sub and starving them causes morose time periods. Take the feeling out of what's happening and look at it scientifically....

Maybe he's got a more understandable way of explaining it.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:10 am

I know what you're getting at, Cheeps. It's a good way to look at it - I've been saturated in a massive dose for years and it has dropped enormously. Makes sense that things will be thrown off-kilter for a while. I guess deep down I knew this wouldn't be all smooth sailing.

How are you doing? Any news on the job?
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:47 am

I have an interview later this month. I have to prepare. I'm a little freaked out.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:07 am

Job interviews would often render me so anxious I could barely answer any questions they asked me. Awful things. Do you have to learn new info or just doing some research on the employer? I hope you get it. It sounds like it will make a huge difference for you with the medical insurance (that's my understanding of what you said. I don't really get the way it all works there)
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 am

It's ten questions in a structured interview Lucy. Lots of talking. On my phone so brief today.

I'm holding my taper at this point. I'm on 65 most days.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:47 am

Good to hear you're holding steady when you have to. You know what you're doing.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:26 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: LUUUUUUUCCCCCYYYYY!! How ya doing girl friend? :shrug: :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Heyy where you been? Been checking your thread for updates...
Sub4Sevenyrs

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux