Day 10 after 7 yrs

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Day 10 after 7 yrs

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:45 am

A lot of my problems stem from gluten+lactose intolerance. It's a real bitch, especially around the holidays. Every time I eat gluten I get bloated quick and fall asleep within hours, often with cold sweats and waking up thirsty. That's why I can't gain much weight (nutrient deficiencies), why I still have some cold intolerance (iron deficient anemia), and why I struggle with energy. Lactose destroys me too, wake up vomiting with bad stomach pain and get the worst headaches + anxiety. Funny part is that the RLS wasn't RLS, it's nerve pain/damage from inflammation and without any of my own (endogenous) pain killers it was brutal during the detox especially bc I was still eating plenty of carbs. I had a lot of medical problems that was weighing heavily over many years which nobody understood or wanted to hear about. People telling me "it's all in your head". Yea waking up vomiting bile with horrible stomach pains is all in my head. I was probably still sleeping and dreamed it all, sure. Another monumental mindfuck on top of the sub detox. The problem with nutrient deficiencies is that your body is constantly craving something and addiction short circuits your reward pathways so you just keep filling that void with something temporarily satisfying without getting what you actually need, so the hunger returns stronger. The cycle will keep turning over until it rolls over your whole life. This is why it's so important to eat right and all that shit, drink enough water. Another problem is that we consume too much crap-food and there's no correlation between what the mind/body needs and what we actually consume. Half the food we eat shouldn't even qualify as food, does more damage than good. But I digress, as usual. Getting off subs was the only reason I was able to figure all this shit out bc i thought some of these problems were sub-induced. Wasn't until after I was off that I was forced in start looking in other places and was able to really find the cause of almost every symptom I have. Fucking incredible in hindsight.

And the part that help most people is that it's been almost 7 months and I havent even CONSIDERED taking a sub since day 1. In other words, once I was on day 2, it was already history. The thoughts are bound to creep in about using something or other but I just ask myself, what's the day after that going to look like? And that kinds of quells any "craving" or negative thought process. Bc the day after, either 1 of 2 things are going to happen...I'm either going to want to use again OR the best case scenario is that I just fucked up all my clean time and have to start fresh. And if that's the best case scenario, fucking up all my clean-time then no thanks. :MrT:
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby Mare » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:11 am

I hate when they pull that "it's all in your head" crap.. like those words ever helped anyone ever. What am I supposed to say back to that? "Oh gee thanks for the heads up, glad to know now. Guess I'm just fucking crazy!" I had a bunch of doctors tell me my lower abdominal issues were all in my head. I was tapering off methadone and had an IUD that is now KNOWN to cause the issues and pain I was having but at the time I was just fucking crazy avoiding to "them". The methadone taper uncovered the underlying pain and thank God for it because I might have ended up with more serious issues if I hadn't known something was wrong and had the device removed immediately even with doctors advising me that it was safe!

The way I see medicine is like this: 100 years ago heroin was used as a cough suppressant and 60 years ago a guy got a Nobel prize for performing lobotomies. So what are we gonna feel like jackasses for 50 years from now? What will the doctors of 2050 shake their heads over? Who knows, but I'm not taking my chances. Only valid reasons for me to schedule an appointment are for a necessary surgery or an antibiotic if I have a serious infection (abscessed tooth for instance). They're mechanics, not miracle workers.

Sorry for the hijack. I hate doctors!! Also it's funny that you got into it on the food front, I've been up watching documentaries on food. I just watched Cowspiracy and now I'm on Food Choices, which is about people eating crap and fads and the truth about chemicals in our food plus a focus on medicine and drugs. Really interesting stuff! I have some food related issues and nutrient deficiencies as well, trying to work on my health to improve my overall quality of health. Okay sorry for writing so much keep kicking ass you're an inspiration!
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:28 am

As diet doc has repeatedly pointed out to me.....you are what you eat and drink....

I've had candida systemically for years....my Drs all think that's bullshit but it's not....intestinal issues killed my father...he went out with C-diff....where you are so inflamed you shit yourself to death.

Plant based diet is what we evolved on until we learned to grind grains.....then comes white bread. I broke down and ate some white rolls a few days ago. They didn't smell good like they used too. Sugar and bread are the enemies. :ogeez:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:14 pm

As my dose gets lower I am also beginning to be super sensitive to the bad types of foods. My stomach cramps up or I'm nauseous. When my stomach hurts... my whole body hurts. Then it's tied into my lower digestive system too. Bread, potatoes, sweets, etc. cause me all sorts of trouble. I'm doing well on everything but the sweets. I try to just have 1 or 2 little pieces after a meal to satisfy it. But the white rolls & the potatoes just had to go.

I have no problem drinking plenty of water. I drink tons. Have forever. I know that helps!

Tim, it's so great that you're at that point where there's no more blaming subs for everything & you're actually getting to the bottom of the real problem! I know that sub does cause a lot of things, but I also have a tendency at this point to blame it for every thing, & that's just stupid.

I hope you're finding the answers & taking the necessary steps to get it corrected. I'm so happy that freddy hasn't challenged you much after your jump. You got this!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 am

Sugar and bread definitely fuck me up (any carbs really), but they're so good sometimes. It's not easy or cheap cooking meat every meal but I need something to fill me up and vegetables are great but a meal they do not make.

Mare wrote:Only valid reasons for me to schedule an appointment are for a necessary surgery or an antibiotic if I have a serious infection (abscessed tooth for instance). They're mechanics, not miracle workers.

Mare, you are 100% correct, I couldn't put it better myself.

I've been pretty sprightly lately, up between 5-6am every day last 2 or 3 weeks, this is kind of insane for me bc I haven't waken up at 6am for no reason ever. I used to sleep between like 4-11am. And then I sat there paralyzed in my computer chair for 2 hours trying to regain feeling in my body and clear the cobwebs from my mind. Now I fall asleep between 10-11 and wake up between 5-6, just about ready to go. This is really the reason I wanted to get off subs, so I can wake up with some umph, some pep in the step, rocket fuel shooting out of my ass, that type of thing. Never was sure it was gonna happen, but if I can do it for a few weeks I should be able to keep it up. It's kind of awesome, never was able to get everything done by 12pm. Thing is I kind of have to get shit done early bc if I don't, I'll end up talking myself out of it or getting "tired". Still trying to find some stamina but I was getting worried it might take me a year just to get some stability, clarity and energy. Finally feel like I'm starting to get there. I can't bury those 1st 6 months deep enough as far as I'm concerned.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Such great news! You really sound great now. You kicked subs to the curb & haven't looked back. I long for that energy that you're talking about. My time will come, just a bit longer to go. Anna's getting there too. You've showed the way for us & for that I'm so grateful. It's amazing the way that you're adjusting to the new you. So glad that freddy has stayed away. You deserve all of the good things that life has to offer.

Thanks for continuing to post. We will need this information when we arrive where you are now.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:07 am

Happy New Year.

7 months. Official feel fully recovered, I would have liked to know how long it would have taken without the medical problems and it's impossible to separate what's what. So this is no standard timeline by any means. This place got me through the worst of it for sure, every time I felt horrible I would come here to try to figure out why.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:18 am

Happy New Year to you too! What great news "officially feel fully recovered"! That's music to my ears. It's what we all strive for. I don't know what I would do without SS either. The support here is the best. So many wonderful people all trying to make a better life for themselves.

Congratulations on 7 months! I'm so happy for you. 2018 is going to be your year (and mine too I hope).
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 pm

Sub4Sevenyrs wrote:Happy New Year.

7 months. Official feel fully recovered, I would have liked to know how long it would have taken without the medical problems and it's impossible to separate what's what. So this is no standard timeline by any means. This place got me through the worst of it for sure, every time I felt horrible I would come here to try to figure out why.

Happy New Banana

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 am

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

Waking up feeling like a pop song lately. 7am right now and about 5 degrees outside but I'm already getting to work.
Easy to feel good when your body feels light as a feather. Fucking dreamed of this for the last 20 years. Wake up early, smoke a joint, blast some feel-good music and get to work. I love it.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Wow, that's sounds so great! I long for the day that I feel this way too. I'm just so darned happy for you. :clap: You show us all that it can be done. We can be free of this shit & have real feelings & real energy. I just know that it's coming for me in 2018. Thanks for the wonderful update! :cheers2:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 am

Thx Cat, it can be done, probably easier without other complications. yea i mean real feelings and real energy is exactly what you get + clarity and peace. Where are you in your taper? How is it going?
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Yes, you did have some rough patches. But you survived & thrived! Clarity & peace, what more can you ask for? Sounds wonderful to me. :D

I'm currently adjusted to 2.5 mg's. I'm holding for a few more days to make sure. I actually sneezed for a couple of days. Yay! I haven't sneezed in years that I can remember. It was good. I'm going to start my decent to 2.25 on Sunday. I'm tapering much faster than I originally was around the 5 mg to 3.5 mg mark (taking a month to drop .25). It's going really well too. Thanks for asking & I wish you the very best! :cheers2:
XOXO
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 pm

I love how we were able too draw on each other's experiences. This place is known in sub webby land as the horror place. Mostly from people coming here desperate, out off dope, Dr a bitch/bastard and stuck on a high dose. Others taper too quickly and crash.

But the final outcome is so worth the struggle. Clarity, peace of mind, and freedom. Hell we fight wars over those...individually it's incredibly hard. Together we can win.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Wise words cheeps. I do read those threads where people fail miserably. But I learn from them. It shows me what NOT to do. I take it & file it away in my head so that I follow the slow & low taper & try to copy the successful folks. We have many of them here.

At least this sub webby land tells the truth. No censoring. This is what we really need. The truth shall set us free.
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey S4S. I wanted to thank you for coming and posting on my thread. I wrote a response there which I will not bore you with here. Just wanted to say it means a lot that you took the time and effort. I have trouble keeping up with everyone here and I know i should try harder. Anyway thank you for your support and ......LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Have a great day/week/month/year. Congrats on being Sub free. I hope to join you soon.....with a joint.

Anna
Last edited by Annalo57 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annalo57

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 pm

I have a bong for sale if I get this next job. They drug test frequently I hear...I accidentally knocked the damn thing over behind a huge dresser. :wired: :wired: :wired: can we say stinking nasty bong water...eww :sick: that joint comment conjured up a great image of you anna...I say....do it the old way....gimmmee a shotgun!

Oh hell, I'm falling asleep and rambling. :zzz:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Sub Sux