Debate Benzo's and/or Sleeping Pills

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Debate Benzo's and/or Sleeping Pills

Postby suboxalypsenow » Sat May 13, 2017 5:01 am

Hey yous,

I'm wondering who suggests getting ahold of some benzo's and/or sleeping pills (ie Ambien) when I jump. I jumped off 4 mg in 2011, and one of the worst parts was the inability to sleep more than a few hours at a time. (In 2011 got back on Sub's after a few miserable months). I plan to jump this time after a much slower taper and 0.25 mg or less.

So, what do you say? My chances of staying clean for years to come are better if I do it all natural (while also taking supplements -- this thread is not about supplements)?

Or would a few weeks of benzo's make the jump that much easier, making it more likely that I'll power through that first month?

About me:
I've been on Sub's for 7 years and have still got quite a wean to go - I'm on 2.5 mg down from around 12 mg a year ago. I'm already going through some anxiety and exhaustion, but I'm sleeping well.

Thank YOU
Opiate addict - oxy & friends
Was on 24 mg subs from 2007-2010
In 2011 I jumped after a quick wean and it was terrible for 5.5 months!
Got back on subs, was on 24 mg until 2014, then started a sloooow wean:
2015: 10 mg
2016: 4 mg
Dec 2017: 1.7 mg
suboxalypsenow

Re: Debate Benzo's and/or Sleeping Pills

Postby cheeps » Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 am

Hey there! I'm falling asleep in my chair, it's so late. So I'll try to be back tomorrow after lunch! :zzz:

Good to see you again!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:59 am

I'm still tapering.. at 1.25 mg currently. So I have nothing but an opinion.. but I'd think using benzos everyday to sleep is only inviting another ugly addiction into bed. I mean 1x a week.. probly no biggy but as an every hit sleep aid I think it's not a good idea. There are other things that will work and aren't such a bitch to get off. Anyway I'd suggest reading some threads in the benzos suck forum before starting up regular benzo use.
How about cannabis? It helps me get to sleep.. I still wake up every 4-5 hours but it's not so bad.
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Sun May 14, 2017 10:48 am

Yep, smoking pot helps with sleep, of course, sometimes I lie in bed and listen to my heart beat and see weird shit behind my eyelids but I'm good with that....better that than all the ruminating real thoughts!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sun May 14, 2017 10:59 am

Benzos are best left for the jump however...if you are really having a panic attack....a monster one...it can help.

There are other less druggy ways to relax....learning a technique like tapping or listening to guided imagery is very good. I have cds of belle Ruth naperstack and her stuff is so cool. I love her voice. Focusing on something like this can really help the heebie jeebies.

When tapering drugs, we must allow ourselves the permission to be vulnerable when we wouldn't otherwise. It's called being kind to oneself. We are not horrible people. We want to get clean but as humans in the 21st century, we are still misunderstood. The science of addiction is in its infant stages still. Asking the brain to change quickly is inviting disaster and disappointment but that is what's expected.

It takes months to recover from brain injury...any type....so where is the patience and support to do this? During all my detoxes, I insist on being honest where it warrants and sometimes I shove my experience down the throats of peeps in my world. I don't care what they really think of me because EVERYONE has someone in their family that is struggling. Some of them are criminal but most are just regular normal peeps that decided getting high would help them cope. Add that to a bunch of drug pushing Drs and you have the makings of your predicament.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sun May 14, 2017 11:07 am

So....the road to getting clean is full of craters....most of them people that don't get what's it's like to be in the clutches of hell.

Taking the time and educating yourself to the process and then reading the tales of the other posters will answer many of your questions.

Pick out the threads that are long and have several pages. These are usually the stories that have the fears, ideas, and answers to what you are going thru.

Going slow and tapering isn't for everyone....but when you go fast and jump off a high amount...say over a half a mg.....it's a bitch.

You take that experience and learn from it. I used to jump off high amounts....just did it back in February. For several reasons, I'm not doing it again....I'm done with being impatient.

I'm broke, have a broken ankle, depressed about not working, and ready to get this over with but I'll fail if I go as fast as everyone(in the real world) thinks I should....so fuck it. I'm eating peanut butter.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby suboxalypsenow » Tue May 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Lol thanks for the insight guys. I shall do some deep digging and see what the consensus is.

It seems to me that benzo's, which I've abused in the past, would be swapping one addiction for the next. I guess I could say "I'll take 1pill a night for the first week after the jump, 1/2 for the next week, 1/4 for the 3rd, and that's it". But I fear I'd have a hard time sticking to this.

At the moment my hunch is to try and get some Ambien and Flexeril before the jump. Hopefully those won't be so addictive. Now the challenge will be finding them in my far-from-developed part of the world.

Thanks folks !
suboxalypsenow

Postby cheeps » Tue May 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Flexiril is the better of the two in my experience....you will develop a tolerance though....just expect it. I had to take large amounts in the acute phase but after a week or so tapered it as much as I could. I have used it every detox and every detox has been different. The point is....

Wait as long as you can to take anything....you really need to use comfort meds after the jump or only on nights where you've made a cut and it's caught up.....like on night three after a 25% cut.

Comfort meds help but using them too early and too often fuck with your mental state.....and you develop physical addiction issues to them.

Where are you anyways....just country or something vague. Maybe you can order or get a relative to help. Be careful.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Tue May 16, 2017 2:34 pm

I have moved this topic to the sub sux part of the forum.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby suboxalypsenow » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Hey Cheeps - sorry I just saw your question :)
I'm in the middle east, but I'm from the US (California)
suboxalypsenow

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:24 pm

I posted to your new thread. I am not sure what is available to you in your location.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Sub Sux