Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Postby cheeps » Wed May 31, 2017 7:49 am

sub-optimal wrote:Oh no problem....was trying to be supportive and then a big long story spilled out!

I'm just glad you are here....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Wed May 31, 2017 7:50 am

DietDoc wrote:Nomo...I've been reading all night am caught up on your ride. Good job. The last dose you cited was 1.25, did you drop?
You and I have very similar pasts and presents. I believe I hit the Decade of Sub Club, and our current dosages are very close. I say we see this through together. Only maybe we can go to the Ibogaine center is Costa Rica because they got these waterfalls there that are insaine, I'm just saying. Even more incommon, I was just thinking about what I can do to connect with any more resources to help me, so I was considering NA. I had gone through my 'find 12 step Jesus' phase 20 years ago when first I realized I had an addiction. It probably helped me back then but now I just do t see it. They're all either addiction nazis or it's a place to score and hook up, not a lot of independant thought there.

Maybe we should pool resources and open the first 90 day residential program for gentle sub tapering. I do know of a place in Northern California that will taper you as slow as you want to go, eat 100% healthy, do yoga etc. but at 250.00/day I'd say it's cost prohibitive hahah. But it does exhist.

Anyway...I'd like to keep up with your progress, share your ups and support you in the downs. Keep those up dates coming.

Best-

DD

Yeah...you guys should be jumpbuddys as you have the timeframe going on. There is also a place in Florida that does sub detox but it's expense too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:35 am

So I've been at 1mg for 3 days. A little trouble sleeping last night and a little sluggish but no biggy....
nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:12 am

Looking forward to getting below 1 mg..
I have a buddy who is also on sub but not tapering.. he and I chat about how bad sub is for a person long term. Anyway, he is always telling me how he isn't really addicted and that he has skipped a day before with no sickness.. and that he only takes 2mgs a day.. lol really all of the same exact things I used to tell myself.. anyway, I told him going from 3 mg to 1mg a day was one of the more difficult things I've done in the last decade. He really wouldn't believe me.. he kept saying how he could drop to 1mg tomorrrow with no ill efffect.
Idk, it's just so strange to listen to someone who knows how bad sub is minimize there habit. I really hope that it's no big deal for him to get off sub but he has been on it almost as long as me... so I'd imagine the hooks are pretty deep.

Speaking of hooks.. I used to have a roommate who would have like 8 hooks Inserted in his back and then he'd have someone hang him in the air by those hooks.. gnarly stuff. I guess there is some kind of pain buzz or something
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:53 am

Ow...just ow...

Of course the guy can skip a day...he's in denial over the half life or just doesn't want to know...you are scaring him mojo. Maybe one day he'll see you on the other side and it will click. One mg is great!! Don't get hung up on numbers though. Be patient but commit to forward motion. I made a taper calendar two months back....I looked at it last week and found I had missed many of the drop dates but I'm where I should be....it was enough to minorly guilt me and stay committ. So...I'll make another tonight and see where it goes. I'm feeling sluggish today.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:57 am

Hey Mojo:

Your blog and a few other are the one's I'm keeping up with. Good job on the big 1 mg. While I totally agree about not focusing on the numbers (except when calculations are needed) clearly there are a few milestones that warrant at least momentary recognition and 1 mg is one of the biggest. They can be inspiring, especially retrospectively when you see how far you've come, how far we've we've come. Anyway...Dude...the Uno MG...that's a capital W.

I believe you've (like me) come to rethink your approach to your taper, correct? No time constraints or deadlines? Personally, this is my third (and hopefully, neh..IS my last time tapering) and between my experiences and reading tons of posts and getting real-time advice I believe that we have the best possible information and support to get this done. And we will.

One day soon you and I will be writing posts of support to others facing the difficult road we are currently navigating.

It maybe months, or years, but I am not facing my old age having to take this fucking drug, nor are you.

KTF (keep the faith)

Steve
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:14 am

Ya steve,
I basically threw out my taper schedule... my body and brain can only take so much. I guess it would be one thing if I was chilling in a detox setting but I'm doing construction and dealing with an angry wife... so I've gotta be semi functional.
So I've been going twice as slow as I'd hoped.. but I'm gonna get there a little bit at a time..
It's strange, the drops are for me fairly unpredictable... some i feel almost right away.. and others seem to have very little impact at all.
Anyway, my goal now is to bring my tolerance down below .25mg before I jump.. so I'm stable at .25 n feeling ok.
I've read that some people won't stabilize at dosages below 1mg so I'm hoping that won't be me. I'm hopeful that my body will continue to adjust and I'll be able to stabilize at each drop all the way down to <.25 mg.. anyway, I hope you have a good day steve. Thanks for checking in
Mojo
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:18 am

Every time you guys get apprehensive...come back and read these last two posts ....I really think you've got it now. Mojo...tell your wife I said this is like being 9 months pregnant for a year. Just be as civil as you can...bring home posies, small tokens, fix dinner, fold clothes, compliment her....whatever you can. I'm glad she will never have to go thru this....but the best metaphor is being ready to deliver but not being able to until the time is right. Ugh.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:14 am

For what it's worth I have got below 1 mg several times and was able to feel stable and totally normal. Paradoxically, I feel better at 1 mg/d then 4 mg/d. I also know several people (outside this site) that got to or below 1 mg/d and were also totally fine. No worries. I bet we will both be pleasantly surprised by how decent we feel at 0.5 mg/d. My cautious optimism comes from knowing we're doing things right. Sometimes I dread reductions but sometimes I am excited by them. This roller coaster we call subhell.

I think that working construction while you're doing this is more good than bad. You're probably really fit. You are distracted and busy and have to use your mind and body. But I am sure there are days you'd rather be behind a desk, but those will be the exception I bet.

Have a good weekend all.

Steve
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 am

Yea.. working is good.. it's more the apprehension and anxiety I get about thinking about having to go do work when I just want to sit on th couch and chat on subsux while I watch sports center..

And ya I hope ur right about being able to feel stable at lower dosages..

Keep it up man, ur doing awesome. Hopefully this time next year we will both be free of subs chains.

And @ cheeps,
I'm going to print out ur posts and show my wife. It might help, as a mother she seems to have lots of empathy for preganant women..
(Mayb if she starts viewing me as a super pregnant woman she could have more empathy for me)..
idk, it can't hurt.
Hope ur stabilizing on ur dose and sleeping better. Keep it up:)
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:38 am

When you do that...shove a small pillow up in your shirt so she gets the full message!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:35 am

Mojo- I think I read somewhere in your posts that you found phenobarbital very useful as a symptom/comfort med. What state are you in, or country?

As far a the heathen devil weed is concerned I am drowning in it. It's legal here and I grow it with lbs at harvest. Funny thing though...I give it all away every Christmas to all my musician friends! One hit and I'm begging god to call me down and take the High away. Can't stand the stuff. My mind races and my thoughts become, shall we say...odd.

Anyway...where are you?

DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Steve...that's the way I feel on certain strains of pot. But I've figured out finally that one strain doesn't both me...I have it now...but I'm not sure what kind it is.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:42 am

I'm rooting for both you guys...I may not post much on your threads but I'm very happy and envious of you both.be very proud of what your doing,it Hugh!!!
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 am

Subblind wrote:I'm rooting for both you guys...I may not post much on your threads but I'm very happy and envious of you both.be very proud of what your doing,it Hugh!!!

Who the fuck is HUGH? :rofl: :rofl: Gotcha!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:54 am

Why would Subblind be envious of me/us?!?! Didn't he/she already accomplish what I/we are doing? Shouldn't I/we be envious of YOU?

Signed,

Confused in Washington (Trump, not apples)

DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:10 pm

DietDoc wrote:Why would Subblind be envious of me/us?!?! Didn't he/she already accomplish what I/we are doing? Shouldn't I/we be envious of YOU?

Signed,

Confused in Washington (Trump, not apples)

Subblind has managed to cut his dose by two thirds after coming here and tapering. However, he's in Pain Management and works a very physical job with teens going to college soon. He has plans for getting off sub but has to figure out how to become a dentist so he can charge exhorbitant rates to keep the fams going. He's stuck between a boulder and a hard path to say the least! Most of the time he feels like this... :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

And it's my suggestion he become a dentist...he's going thru oral surgery as we speak. That'll clean out your pockets! :rofl: :suicide:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 am

Update?

DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:04 am

Not much to report here... worked a lot this week. Feeling really stable at 1mg.. actually I've been noting that I've been feeling better than I can remember feeling on sub in a long long time.
Going to try to cut to .87 mg on weds I think.

I'm really thinking this is doable for me.. my body/brain is seeming to adjust to drops better/faster than when I started my taper... and if I can get stable at increasingly lower dosages then someday I should be able to walk right off... (sorry I'm pointing out the obvious)... my dad always used to say "boy, u have a keen grasp of the obvious"

Anyway happy Father's Day to all u fathers out there,

N @ cheeps.. is it bad I've fallen into the habit of taking (half a 2mg) so 1mg of loperamide (Imodium) everyday for the last 2 months

I've seen you write that it can be habit forming.. but it helps me slot with my guts n appetite, it doesn't back me up at all at the low dosage I'm taking.
anyway, I'm feeling good. I had a very financially productive week at work and I'm feeling positive about my taper....(I know I'm going super slow, but I feel like I have to be cognizant of my limits and going too fast and coming off the rails won't help anything)..

I'm excited to be the real me again someday... not the doped out me, or the dope sick me.. but just me.
That would be an incredible gift and something I really didn't have any hope of just 6 months ago.

I'm really grateful to subsux (and all who post here).. for showing me that the chains of suboxone don't have to be permanent.
Last edited by nomojo3479 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nomojo3479

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Hey Mojo, how's it going?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

PreviousNext