Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 am

Hey s.d.d.
I just read a short article about a recently approved treatment for opiate detox; nuero-stim system bridge. It zaps 4 cranial nerves with electrical impulses n this somehow lessens withdrawal symptoms for opiate detox.
Anyway, I wanted to hear others opinions about this new tech... anyone tried it yet?
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am

I believe ANY treatment that helps remold the neuroplastisity will help. I did neurowork on the brain after my methadone detox and while I didn't FEEL it helping...I know it did.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Hey mojo, I just wanted to pop in and say hey. California girl here, just read your thread. I really relate to a lot of what you had to say in your early posts. I'm still at 2mg so I can't say I have any idea what you're going through but I think you're strong for holding it down through the tough stuff. I hope things are "okay". Stay strong, slow and steady wins the race!

Mare
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby nomojo3479 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 am

Hey mare, thanks for stopping by the thread.
Iam glad u are here and posting and working on ur taper.
I just went back and re read my own thread... it made me tear up a little. I’m very grateful to have found this place and the people who post here:Cheeps, eyedotz, cheezeanndee, sdd, withthelightsout, and many others..
It is incredibly to know that my problems are not intractable, that people DO successfully taper off of L.a.o. Like bupe or methadone.
It is a small fraternity of humans who know the grip long term Lao have in the brain and body and an even smaller group still who ever attempt to break the chains that these Lao put us in... anyway, what I’m saying is I’m very grateful and guardedly optimistic for my future.
I really want to order that neuro-stim system bridge thing that I posted about on the previous page. It’s some kind of headband that shocks the cranial nerves and this somehow helps with opiate withdrawal., lol I kinda sound like a shill for the company., lol I’m def not. It’s just not very often at all that the fda approves a new type of treatment for opiate withdrawal. I think the headband contraption is like $500 maybe more and you probably need a prescription for it also.. idk it could be Hokum I guess, I really want to here feedback from someone who has tried it out..

It’s probably similar to all of the other things I’ve researched not that helpful for Lao tapering. I guess it’s like Cheeps says low and slow.. low and slow..
anyway.. hanging here at .6 til after Xmas and then down to .5...
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:21 pm

I think it's worth 500....I mean hell....we spend that on water bottles over time. Check out your local up to date chiropractor...they may have some treatment that is similar but cheaper. :shrug: I wish I could find more info....but I think it's worth a try.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Congratulations on sticking with the taper mojo. 0.6 is not easy, but you got this, and then keep going and you can ease yourself off it.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:11 pm

nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I’m not advocating this device, I have no idea if it works but I’m up for trying anything that helps with withdrawal symptoms (that isn’t an addictive drug)
nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm

nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:12 pm

After reading the fda news realease that I posted the link to I’m less than Optimistic.. the fda approval was based on one study of 70 people of whom 60 or so transitioned to medication assisted therapy (aka sub, methadone, or naloxone)..
it seems if I’m reading it correctly that the approval was based on the fact that it’s a harmless device and that it can’t really hurt anything..

So, idk.. might still try to get an rx n buy one. I mean I’ll try anything once or twice .. haha
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 am

You might check in with a progressive chiropractor. They may offer a neurofeedback therapy.

I'll post some links for info only....not promoting the places just the info.

http://polysubstance-abuse.com/evidence ... -addiction
https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.org/ ... iofeedback
This next one is where I had my treatment after the methadone detox. I benefited from it greatly.
http://gmhpsych.com/services/neurofeedback.html

Chiropractors have this in their offices now....I believe in it.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks cheeps, gonna check that out..
My brain is a fucking awful place to live... the dsyphoria of mild detox is to me the worst fucking part of it.. I just get so tired of Freddie... I start thinking mayb I can’t handle life and feelings n shit n that I’m better off doped up... n the fucking worst part of it is all of the professional rehab people say the same thing.. idk, starting to think of trying to jump off from where I’m at.... I just can’t seem to get far enough ahead money wise to suck up the month it’d take.. idk, just rambling I guess.. fucking tired of feeling so nasty..
nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 am

“It's doesn't matter what comes at us. It doesn't matter how bad it is. It doesn't matter how bad it gets. Everything we'll need to get through this we'll have when we need it. It's going to be painful but we can't keep living this way. We don't process time the right way. All opiates, bupe included, skews the sense of time. Part of us is not fully present and when we look back we know that there's been some part of living we've missed. Too much time has passed with too little experience to show for it. We used to do more, we used to live more. Life was more full. You must have felt this way at sometime. Like we're not fully living, just part of us is, the other part belongs to the devil. I want that part back goddamm it. I feel like this fucking drug is taking part of me away. My confidence, my competence, my ambition, all these are effected and all the testosterone supplementation in the world won't get that back. All the joy and opportunities we miss out on.”
Sdd posted this a few months back... and it’s exactly how I feel about life... I want my fucking life back.
nomojo3479

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:02 am

And I for one believe dear mojo that you will get your life back! At .6 you're really in the thick of it now. This is where patience & perseverance come in. Are you steady at .6? I hope so, so you can enjoy (as best you can) the Holidays approaching fast.

Sorry Freddy is rearing his ugly soul sucking head. Kick those thoughts to the curb. You've come so far. Way too far to let Freddy have an influence on your actions & thinking & tapering.

I'm following behind you mojo & I'm here to support you in any way that I can.
Cat
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:53 am

It may be time mojo....it just depends on what you can live with on the other side. How long now have you been under .75?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 am

Cheeps, I’ve been at or lower than .75 since some time in August..

I may try to jump off after Xmas and just see how many days I can make it... mayb I’ll be surprised and find out it’s not to brutal.
Idk, it’d be good to taper super low and walk off but I’m 10months into my taper, mayb I’ve gotten as close to as low as I’m going to get..
idk, going to try to gain some clarity on this in the next few days. All input welcome if any in sub six land have thoughts..
to be honest I’ve always been awful at “tapering”aka regulating my drug use.. this last year has been a struggle but I know it’ll be worth it when I can rid myself of this daily poison
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 am

Since you have been below a mg for a long time that counts as far as mitigating issues post jump. Whatever you decide I think you do ok with it. You have the right mindset and you have learned patience and all about what is caused by the sub. There will be no big surprises for you mojo.

After the holidays try to make another small drop, like down to .6....wait ten days and then make a decision.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:23 am

Hey Mojo...Thanks for posting on my thread. Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you and others. First thing is...we’re still in this fight big time...if you weren’t going to make it you’d have put your car in reverse a long time ago. You’ve held your self to a dose at which everyone agrees is way below the saturation threshold, which means you’ve been enduring withdrawal for a very long time. That’s says it all. The deepest part of you is clearly committed, and that’s the strongest, and most important you, that part of you that you want back, is winning. The part of you that got you this far in life, that part you want back, is the part you’re not only fighting for, but starting to to use again to fight this thing with. That’s the part that will get you through the next decades of your life, so it can and will handle this episode. The best part of you comes back a little more everyday and the scale is slowly but surely tilting on the side that equals you saying, one day, very soon, go fuck your self suboxone - I’m done with you.

From the standpoint of mitigating acute or post-acute opiate withdrawal/improved healing, the neurological stimulation rig is worthless. The concept is actually based on pain management. The results were so poor they lost their 2nd tier funding. And FDA approval is a legal standard, not one that reflects effectiveness. The same effect can be achieved by electro stimulation of needling acupuncture meridians. But it’s all subjective and theoretical becasue there’s no objective metrics. Like microscopic histological tissue changes (biopsy of brain tissue), or measurable changes in post-treatment dopamine or serotonin levels, etc. The entire study was subjective. That doesn’t mean they’re not heading in the right direction medically, but based on the current data they’re far from a viable modality.

Get to .35 mg...me, you, Mare...Delta Airlines...Costa Rica...Ibogaine Clinic...trip our balls off for 12 hours...come home with that fresh feeling. Actually I’ve read that Suboxone is the ONE drug that doesn’t respond well to Ibogaine.
Lucky us.

Mojo, you and I are exactly the same when it come to this suboxone situation. It’s avoidance of pain that keeps us bound to it. We have to tap into that deep part of ourselves that’s in more pain being a slave to it than the pain it takes to gain our freedom. I truly believe that deeper self is the best part of all of us. The part it takes to beat this thing is where our pride, self-esteem and greatest selves reside. It’s the part of you that’s here.

2018...the year we walk free once more.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 am

U and cheeps gone n made me cry..
nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:52 am

N ya I was all hot to trot on ibogaine... found a clinic and all that.. n then after a lot of reading I couldn’t find one long term suboxone addict who felt ibogaine “cured” them.
I really do dislike psychedelics, I believe I don’t have the right personality or mental stability to be fucking around with drugs like that.. but I’m pretty sure I’m gonna try it out post jump.. what’s the worse that can happen? Heart attack? Come on... that’d be some funny shit.. dying from a psychedelic while trying to kick a long term opiate habit.

Idk if it’s faulty logic but I feel like if I’m not dead yet, I’m prbably not that easy to kill.... or perhaps my natural testosterone production is back working again...
it’s crazy how different I act and think when I have normal amounts of test in my body vs being super low t
nomojo3479

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux