Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Postby Lucy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:34 am

Hope splitting the dose helped you get some good sleep. I am starting to realize what you mean about the taper becoming your life. The length of time it takes to try and comfortably (heh, that's quite a joke) get off this crap is unbelievable. We should all be compensated for this. Anyway, how is the foot doing? Keep a close eye on it for signs of infection.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:19 am

nomojo3479 wrote:Hey cheeze, I'm alright (hanging in there). . how are u feeling?
Ya I have some clonodine.., I don't like taking it. I might try it again soon. Yesterday I stepped on a big 3" rusty nail that went thru my foot.. so that's been painful to work with the foot kinda throbbing.
I took .5 of sub this am with the thought of doing .25 before bed here now.. hopefully it works cause I've been dragging. I'm not worth much unless I get 4-5 hours at least.
I feel like this taper is just my life now.. like I'll be perpetually dropping my dose.. idk if that makes sense.. it's just a fucking looong process.. I'm almost tapered off of nicotine also., I'm down to 4 mg per day..ok that's my disjointed ramble post. Goodnight all

Yes, hope you've had a tetanus shot in the past few years...ouch ouchy OUTCH. The thought of that is :evil: :punchballs: if you have some Epsom salts, soak in hot hot water as often as you can. Hotter the better! :D

It so a long process but the more you experience on this side, hopefully the less on the other side. Patience, I'm dragging ass too. :gaah: :wired: :suicide:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Hey Dude...I've been a bit quite but I am reading posts. You made it to .75 mg/d. That is a huge milestone. I am really very interested in reading about how splitting your dose works for you. Any change in our sub routines can be very stressful. And making the move from 1 X dosing to 2 X dosing seems like a big leap. I wonder if it's something better done at .75 mg rather than at .25 mg so you're already used to it. So much to consider, but I tend to over think and over analyze everything. But do please let me/us know about your experience. Are you still dropping based upon how you feel? Did you drop from 1 mg to .75 mg in one drop? If so, that's petty big. You're working hard through all of this and tackling other toxic habits and unhealthy lifestyle habits simultaneously. All I can say is: you da man.

Keep up the anger, it's a powerful force against this poison.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby DietDoc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:49 am

Update? Where you be? How you be?
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 am

I'm alright. Still holding at .75mg per day. I don't feel well, physically, emotionally, psychologically... idk when I'm gonna be able to drop again as my body and brain seems to b telling me to fuck off.. i did split dosing for a few days n then went back to 1x a day in the am.. I was feeling too sick during work hours spiltiing the dose.

Idk, I don't want to be a bummer so I'll shut up but I swear there are times when if a meteor was falling out of the sky toward me, I wouldn't even step out of the way.
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:53 pm

You are in the final stages of taper. This is where you can expect to NOT feel good. The few weeks ahead?? You Must push through and continue to taper. If there is anything important to do....do it now and put all other business and personal issues aside.

Yep, it is time to finish this shit off....you can stay in this limboland or you can move forward to the END of the taper...it is time. Don't drag your feet....in redneck language....git'er done. :mrgreen: :punchballs:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:36 am

Hey, Nomojo. It sounds like you're really doing rough. I wish there was something that would help you feel better, but suspect Cheeps is right and the only way out is off asap. Why do you think the split dosing was only making you feel worse? I have been holding on to the thought of doing that late in the taper, thinking it would really even things out more. Please don't feel like you shouldn't post when you are like this. It usually helps people to get it out of their system a bit by talking about it or having a good rant about how much things suck. We all understand what you're going through.
Lucy

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:29 am

Cheeps, Ur amazing and probably right about this.... but no way am I capable of dropping further right now.
I have a big project at work I've gotta get done somehow n that will take 6 weeks or so and then I can be the zombie that I'd like to be..
Drug dreams like a mofo last night.. never got to the using, just the run around to cop..

my wife says she is taking a horse farm care taking job and moving out.. to be honest Idk how I feel about that... mayb a good opportunity for some growth..
Idk, I'm finding life to be very difficult ATM
nomojo3479

Postby Lucy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:35 pm

It does sound like sticking to the dose you're on is the best course right now. With work pressure and your wife possibly leaving those are huge life stressors and you are wise not to add more on top. Did her saying something like this take you by surprise, or has it been on the cards for a while? I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this on top of feeling physically/mentally bad all the time. Keep posting, we are here for you.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:03 am

Damn mojo..that SUCKS! Hopefully you can maintain somewhat of a relationship, and maybe down the road you two could get back on track. This is a time for bad shit to happen but look beyond the pain. This could give you time to focus on yourself, be a slob, go thru the tapering without worrying about how she's taking it.

I really don't have the experience of some one leaving me. I did the booting out....But my ex would say it was for the best as it allowed him to meet someone who better fit with his interests.

I'm just sorry it's during this time. Maybe she just needs space....? Anyway....you have to focus on you right now. Don't sit around and let Freddy whisper in your ear. It won't help....It will just compound you're problems. :punchballs:

Come here and vent. :gaah:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Hey dude...how are you doing? Are you holding strong at .75 mg? It's hard enough dealing with just the chemical side of things but if you have to contend with extra ordinary life stressors on top of that things get inhumanly difficult. I hoping you and I will get our 30 day banana one day. Let me know how you're doing.

DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Lordy...I can't think of two damn bananas I'd rather give! 8-) :lol:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subversion » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:05 am

Mojo, how's it going? You're dealing with intense stuff, big events with bad timing. How is your taper going?
Subversion

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Hey there subversion....that's a good moniker...how are you doing?

It really sucks that we have to plan a time to get off dope. There ought to be a medical leave act for this shit. :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:19 am

My taper is still at a standstill, still at .75 mg per day. Feeling ok physically but weak of mind and spirit.. No need to get into all my depressive thoughts because it's just nonsense... but I'm hoping when I get off the sub and my body finally adjusts that this depression won't hang on so tightly
nomojo3479

Postby Psilver063 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:02 am

I think the lack of motivation is the real killer in the post sub exp. The lack of motivation leads to just time to reflect which usually is not very positive thoughts. This in turn leads to the depression. If you can start new hobbies prior to the jump you will have something to do once over the physical hurdle from jumping. That will keep you busy and keep the depressed thoughts away. Working out is great but only so much you can work out in a day. Picking a hobbie that involves time and effort is the key. Maybe golf, or disc golf, or painting class or whatever else floats your boat. Something that becomes routine. That is going to be huge for anyone post jump.
OFF SUBOXONE SINCE 7/6/17. Tapered over 3.5 years from 8mg to .6mg and jumped.
Psilver063

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:43 am

MoJo, you are rocking it! That is so awesome that you are sticking with this through the hard parts. Too bad the split dose didn't work for you, but keep it in mind when you have to decrease again. For me, it helped so much. But you might metabolize this shit much differently than me, or the symptoms that bothered me might not be a problem for you, and vice versa, so you gotta listen to your body...if you really want off, it will tell you how to get there.

And what psilver was saying about hobbies is right on. That dreaded free-time is when all the bad symptoms become incredibly obvious. Without something else for your brain to focus on, every ache and pain and sadness and anxiety will start to say hi. But without the motivation to fill that spare time with something productive, it becomes tricky, eh? :banghead:

It goes though. I did some awesome stuff this last month that I wouldn't have been able to fathom six months ago. The lack of energy slowly goes...then comes back, then goes, then comes back and goes, until you are roughly equivalent to the other people around you...It was funny, recently I was with some square folk who don't drug it up, and you should have heard them bitching about insomnia. Getting up in the middle of the night, staying awake for hours, etc. If I didn't know any better, it would have sounded like people in detox, but it was just normal people. Some of those annoying symptoms are just human-behavior, but we aren't used to it because we've been using bupe to fight against boredom, insomnia, aches, pains, anxiety, etc.

Anyway, keep it up man. I am so happy you are sticking around through this. Your future is your own, and you have the willpower and ability to shape it how you like. Keep going! :MrT:
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:55 am

Such wise words in these last two posts....mojo!!

What are you doing besides work?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 am

I don't do anything besides work. ( well I play UFC on my Xbox ) I used to be into lifting weights, snowboarding, golf... but it seems like the longer Ive stayed on sub the less and less I enjoy any activity.

I will try to start up a hobbie... I think it's good advice. It's tough tho, seems like I fail at a lot more things than I succeed at lately... and the general apathy towards life is the EXACT reason I've been trying so hard to get of this poison...
I'm sick and tired of not wanting to do anything (ever)..
Idk, that's kind of what I meant when I said I felt weak of mind and spirit a few posts back.... its like I know what I need to do to better my life but I can't seem to make progress. man I hope summer house doesn't get messed up by hurricane Irma.., if I can get this taper done on my own I'm gonna need that place...
anyway, that's my ramble for today.
Hope y'all in subsux land have a good day
Mojo
nomojo3479

Postby Psilver063 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Take it from me, not having a hobby outside of work and exercise is honestly the biggest thing I missed when I made the jump. When I say miss, I mean I wish I would have thought more about that. Now it is a real bitch to get motivated to go do something. I thought, "ahh what the hell 30 days off suboxone I'll have all of the energy in the world and I'll be playing golf and doing all kinds of shit." Wrong!!!!!!!!! Here I am 60 days off and still struggle. I have Tee Ball coaching a couple days a week, and I been doing the cardio and weights thing more regularly the past week but other than that I work and then come home and stare at the wall!!! It's brutal!! Can't convince myself to get up and go. So again get a routine in place pronto and stick to it. After 14 days post jump get right back to it and stick it out for a while. Routines break up boredom and boredom is the killer. Keep busy and the bad days won't seem so bad and the good days will feel amazing. Go to group meetings, meet people in similar situations, if you aren't an NA or AA type you can find recovery groups that don't have all of the religion and what not. I think a good group meeting is huge when doing this.
OFF SUBOXONE SINCE 7/6/17. Tapered over 3.5 years from 8mg to .6mg and jumped.
Psilver063

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux