Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Postby cheeps » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 am

If that's all you take, you should be o.k.. Would rather see you use probiotics too control guts.

You are doing great!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 am

Hey Mojo- I went too fast and went off the rails. I am done with schedules and dose goals. I had to back up a bit. I'll reduce a little when my body gives me permission. I thought this is what I was doing already but no, no it was not.

How the hell are you? Stable? Relatively normal? I reread some of your posts and the responses and it helped me and my fractured psyche haha.

Post an update when you can Dude. And I misread your post last time and I thought you were in the UK...as in England...durrrrr...New England as in the Pilgrims. Yes, I am an idiot.

Well I do hope all is well and you and the wife are great. Best to you man.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:32 am

So, just checking in.. Im still swamped with work so I'm slowly getting that under control.
I'm still at 1mg which I take in the am.
My only complaint is my sleep has sucked the last few weeks and I've been getting restless arms (very strange)..
I figured when I didn't have much trouble sleeping in the days after my drop that I would be ok sleep wise (and apparently I figured wrong)...

It's been super frustrating.. I'll be exhausted from working and super tired in the evening. I go to bed at 9pm and I fall asleep easily but then I wake up an hour or two later and stay awake until 3am and then I'll have restless sleep til 5am when I get up for work. The first night it happened I thought perhaps I missed my mouth with 1/2 my dose or something.. but it seems that this symptom is persisting.. and it isn't that I just missed a dose or whatever.

So ya, it's basically the same sleep difficulty I've had with other drops just it's onset was 10 days or so after the drop (which is a curveball for me) and it has been pretty consistent each night since then.

Other than the sleep issue and intermittent restless arms (has anyone else had this?) I feel totally stable., no big energy or motivation issues.
Anyway, I hope all of you in subsux land are doing well. Keep hangin in there
Mojo
nomojo3479

Postby DietDoc » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:37 am

Hey Dude...thanks for the post on my crazy thread. You're approach for dealing with this and what you've written has helped me a lot. You're very pragmatic and intelligent. Sorry to hear you're having some worsening symptoms. And yes, I had bouts of RAS several times; it comes and goes. Punch that pillow all night long kinda things for me. Generally, for me, the RLS is worse.

I clearly am not the best source of advice or guidance but I am wondering if you have considered taking your daily dose in the late afternoon/early evening? If there was a choice, personally, I'd rather be more comfortable at night with a better chance of sleep. I wrestled with picking the best time to take it. I chose 5:00 PM. Peak blood level is 4 hours so around 9:00 PM would be the most comfortable. But there's other things to consider like being at work possibly feeling worse. Every time I have attempted to apply science or logic to doing this it doesn't work out so well haha. I'm sure you've thought about timing.

You're doing it right. Staying at 1 mg for even a month is smart. Got to be some kind of healing and brain chemistry adjustment. Keep your go/no-go approach, I'm with you. We'll get this done.

Best To You.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby Lucy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:44 am

Very informative and inspiring to read your journey so far. Glad that you've stabilized on the 1mg and it seems to be relatively comfortable. I'm paying close attention to the way you've tapered for when I get there. Sending you positive thoughts and wishes.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Psilver063 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:20 am

Keep pushing bro, grass is greener on this side I promise. 7 days off and very minor discomforts. I tapered to .6 and jumped. Got some comfort meds from the Dr and here I am. Good energy, good spirits ect. Check my thread It's towards the top on 1sr page. Keep pushing I feel your pain
OFF SUBOXONE SINCE 7/6/17. Tapered over 3.5 years from 8mg to .6mg and jumped.
Psilver063

Postby nomojo3479 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:02 am

Psilver, Congrats on the jump. That is excellent. Ur a brave dude. U have def given me some motivation to push my taper a bit harder

I'm just finishing up a really big job at work so now that I've got a little time off I'm going to try to get myself stable at .75...
We will see how it goes.

Lucy, how goes the taper? Down to 16mg? Are u having any physical symptoms yet?

Anyway, say hey cheeps. Hope all is well
Mojo
nomojo3479

Postby Don_Pisto » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:29 pm

nomojo3479 wrote:I'm just finishing up a really big job at work so now that I've got a little time off I'm going to try to get myself stable at .75...

Getting to .75 is pretty damn good and you should be proud. You cut off a whole mg from your start point since joining here and you're 25% under 1mg ... that's progress ... some more numbers: when you were at 1.75mg, that was 12.25mg per week going into your body ... now at 0.75mg, you're only putting in 5.25mg per week. Hang tight at 0.75mg for awhile and don't even think about the next drop yet.
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby cheeps » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:41 am

Hey mojo....that's pretty damn good on the numbers. Thank you DP, that's a huge difference! :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:59 am

nomojo3479 wrote:Psilver, Congrats on the jump. That is excellent. Ur a brave dude. U have def given me some motivation to push my taper a bit harder

I'm just finishing up a really big job at work so now that I've got a little time off I'm going to try to get myself stable at .75...
We will see how it goes.

Lucy, how goes the taper? Down to 16mg? Are u having any physical symptoms yet?

Anyway, say hey cheeps. Hope all is well
Mojo

Great to hear you've got down to .75 and will be able to have a break from work for a while. That's surely going to be a help with not getting enough sleep. Are you still having the restlessness at night?

I am getting sweaty and having some hot flashes that seem to be something different to my occasional hormonal ones. Bathroom frequency has increased, which is a good thing. Other than that, I'd say no real issues at all.
Lucy

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:36 am

Fuck sub. That's all
nomojo3479

Postby Lucy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Agreed on that. How are things going with you? Are you still having the restlessness? That's the one thing I'm dreading.
Lucy

Postby nomojo3479 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:00 am

Yea, still having restlessness, insomnia (getting 3 hours or so of broken sleep). Bubble guts and a few other unpleasant symptoms..
I ended up taking an extra sliver last night to try to alleviate some of the ick so I I could sleep. I slept but now I feel shitty for going back up..
I'm really wanting to tough it out at .75 but fuck, my stupid body needs to adjust faster.
Ok, I'm gonna stop whining now.
Hope everyone at subsux has a good day
nomojo3479

Postby Eyedotz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:00 am

Hey mojo, split dose so you can sleep at night. You shouldn't have to spike. If you're already split dosing... triple split. Once you're under 1mg, sub doesn't last for shit and your symptoms will increase. Split your dose anyway you need to... just stay level. I was still split dosing .06mg....try it. You'll be ok dude. Don't hang on to the guilt....let it go and propel forward...today is a new day.
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Lucy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 am

Don''t beat yourself up. You've done so well for so long. The split dose sounds like a good idea. I'm definitely going to do it that way when I get to those really low doses like you're on now. As Dotz said, your levels fall to far and too fast at those doses so it makes sense if you're not opposed to changing up your routine. Could make a big difference to your comfort level.
Lucy

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I agree with Eyedotz, split doses so you can sleep. 0.5mg in the am, 0.5mg in the pm, should give you at least 4-5 hours of solid sleep every night.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Oh dear god, how anyone could taper subs without split dosing, I'll never know. Split that shit up if you need man...it might make a world of difference, and remember, the goal is to take less and less, so if spliting it up means taking less, it seems like a damn good idea.

Do you have anything else you could take besides a bupe spike to get you through those hard insomnia times? Unisom maybe?

I took that for awhile after jumping, then didn't need it anymore, but I couldn't handle clonodine, which I guess is what most people turn to. I would be wary of taking gabapentin and benzos unless you absolutely need em, as in, if you are literally about to reach for a sub, reach for those instead. But overall, you know what you need more than anybody, so set your goal and keep going for it.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:39 pm

I agree...I'm split dosing my Oxy....a bitch to cut but it works and allows me to dose like I need to.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:49 pm

How you doing mojo?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Hey cheeze, I'm alright (hanging in there). . how are u feeling?
Ya I have some clonodine.., I don't like taking it. I might try it again soon. Yesterday I stepped on a big 3" rusty nail that went thru my foot.. so that's been painful to work with the foot kinda throbbing.
I took .5 of sub this am with the thought of doing .25 before bed here now.. hopefully it works cause I've been dragging. I'm not worth much unless I get 4-5 hours at least.
I feel like this taper is just my life now.. like I'll be perpetually dropping my dose.. idk if that makes sense.. it's just a fucking looong process.. I'm almost tapered off of nicotine also., I'm down to 4 mg per day..ok that's my disjointed ramble post. Goodnight all
nomojo3479

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux