Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Intro and taper (10 year sub user)

Postby cheeps » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

nomojo3479 wrote:So I dropped to 1.375mg a few days ago.. Sunday I think. It's only a .125 drop... it hasn't been very noticeable (besides not getting as much of a energy/motivation buzz in the hours after my dose.
Anyway, just thought I'd chime in.
btw fuck sub. Someday I'm gonna feel good again. Someday

Progress in the process!!! :cheers: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:36 am

Rough night of sleep.. up at 230am.. cheeps (and everyone who has posted), ur encouragement really means a lot... still holding steady at 1.37mg 1x per day.,
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am

nomojo3479 wrote:Rough night of sleep.. up at 230am.. cheeps (and everyone who has posted), ur encouragement really means a lot... still holding steady at 1.37mg 1x per day.,

Just push through and stay busy so that you don't have to think. I have been smoking a little pot before bed to help me sleep.....don't know if that is something you'd consider.

Everyday is a day closer to the other side....and you my friend will get there. Patience! :thumbup:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby DietDoc » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 pm

You are putting Ws on the board everyday. It has been said that character is doing the right when you are sure no one is watching. You have it, you own it.

Ever notice how philosophical you get when persevering through difficult challenges?

Also, I pretty much cry at everything. Cried over a commercial today because it had a dog in it.

Drugs are bad.
DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:09 am

Still holding at 1.37..
I've been reading some of the older threads and it stumbled me back onto an idea I had earlier in my taper... I've been thinking about going down to Mexico to do a flood dose of ibogaine (post jump). I think it might help with paws issues.. although I can't seem to find any science behind why ibogaine works just anectdotal evidence... seems to work much better for sao addictions so that's why I ruled it out as a quick fix for my sub dependency... but I'm thinking that once I taper down and jump off it might do me some good by helping to reset my screwed up brain chemistry.. anyone have any thoughts on this? Obviously not urgent as I've got months of tapering left to do..
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Mojo....read withthelightsouts thread....he just updated and I think you'll find it helpful!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:03 am

Just read withthelightsouts thread.. I wish excersizing wasn't so crucial to all of this, because it's literally the last thing I want to do right now... I feel like an old man. Gonna start trying to do some yoga and light cardio today after work. Hope everyone in subsux land has a great day:)
nomojo3479

Postby WithTheLightsOut » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm

nomojo3479 wrote:Just read withthelightsouts thread.. I wish excersizing wasn't so crucial to all of this, because it's literally the last thing I want to do right now... I feel like an old man. Gonna start trying to do some yoga and light cardio today after work. Hope everyone in subsux land has a great day:)

Hey, nomo. First and foremost, congratulations on your decision to get off subs. I promise you here and now that you will not regret it.

I did want to clarify my recent update thread where I credited working out/exercising to my avoiding PAWS.

Trust me, I didn't start out hot and heavy with the exercise, not at all. That came with some time. When I was in your shoes (tapering and eventually jumping), I started by walking my dog. No weightlifting, no heavy cardio, again, that all came in time. Once I was somewhere around 1mg or less (forgive me, it's been a year and the exact specifics allude me), I would walk my dog a couple/few times each day. Those walks started by us going around the block a couple of times, and eventually those walks turned into 2+ miles each time. Believe me, I totally get the lack of energy that you're currently experiencing. It was a real bitch to get myself motivated enough to even get out the door each time (each day), but as I would start walking, it became easier and easier. I found the walking particularly helpful when I was only sleeping 2-3 hours (broken up) each night. IMO, going out for a walk with the dog (regardless of the time of day) was much better than laying in bed awake for hours on end and dwelling on how shitty that I felt.

I probably didn't get really serious about working out until I was 3 weeks to a month off subs. From there, I started focusing on weightlifting, running, etc. I returned to my normal body weight within about 3 to 3.5 months after coming off subs (again, I lost about 30 pounds during my sub usage that i didn't need to lose ... and was looking like total shit).

Like I mentioned in my update thread, the thing that scared me the most about getting off of subs wasn't the physical withdrawals; it was the possibility of 6 months to 2 years of PAWS that some were mentioning. While I believe that some do experience this, I also believe that if you have the right mental outlook, are in generally decent health (other than being addicted to an opioid), and attempt to occupy your time with something positive and/or healthy, you can bypass PAWS too. I believe the absolute worst thing you can do for yourself is to sit around and dwell on those shitty feelings. Had I done that, I'm not sure that I would have succeeded.

Keep up the good work. Before you know it, this will all be over and you will truly appreciate just feeling "normal" again. I'll continue checking in as I can. If i can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask. You are definitely in good hands here, though.
"Jumped" March 14, 2016 from 0.2mg.
WithTheLightsOut

Previous

Return to Sub Sux