Is Suboxone responsible for this?

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Is Suboxone responsible for this?

Postby Robert C » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello, i wanted to ask if anyone else that was on suboxone or is still on it long term
had/has a loss of interest in things they previously really loved to do?
For instance, i used to really be into playing guitar,playing video games,researching things on the web,watching a good movie but lately i have lost total interest in those things?
I mean to the point where i no longer even do them sometimes! :(
Been on sub for over 3 years now and am afraid if i go off i will go back to opiates?
Is this a symptom of long term suboxone usage? and IF it is and i quit subs will those interests come back as strong as before or have i done permanent damage?
I take 2mg's per day which is not really that much and has me thinking it may not be the sub use doing this?
Robert C

Re: Is Suboxone responsible for this?

Postby freeagain » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Robert

Welcome to SS...

Everything you're describing can definitely be a result of long term sub use. (& most probably is) However, it can be "depression" as well.

Ideally, its much better to live a sub free life if you can. (which many of us have successfully gotten off of including me-you may want to read my journey)

If you feel like you may relapse if you get off, then maybe try tapering down to 1MG & see if things improve.

I suggest having a strong plan in place if you decide to get off. You're going to have to get to a place where you really hate the shit..

There's tons of good people on this board. (& many success stories) Everything you need to know about this drug is on this board.

Good luck,

FreeAgain
22 Months off the poison
Long term abuser (8 mg-32mg-10 years plus)
freeagain

Postby Robert C » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm

freeagain wrote:Robert

Welcome to SS...

Everything you're describing can definitely be a result of long term sub use. (& most probably is) However, it can be "depression" as well.

Ideally, its much better to live a sub free life if you can. (which many of us have successfully gotten off of including me-you may want to read my journey)

If you feel like you may relapse if you get off, then maybe try tapering down to 1MG & see if things improve.

I suggest having a strong plan in place if you decide to get off. You're going to have to get to a place where you really hate the shit..

There's tons of good people on this board. (& many success stories) Everything you need to know about this drug is on this board.

Good luck,

FreeAgain
22 Months off the poison
Long term abuser (8 mg-32mg-10 years plus)

Thank you, this is something that had come on gradually as i noticed my interest in things becoming less and less.
I certainly will try your suggestion to reduce down to 1mg to start with to see if that makes any difference,
that will at least let me know if the suboxone is responsible for any of the lack of interest in my hobbies and activities.
Robert C

Postby cheeps » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:35 am

Robert, often times peeps report two mgs as being, "the Sweet Spot", meaning they get their feelings back....but this is more apt to happe, at this mg, for those getting off 6-32mgs.

If you are at 2...take 7-10 days between cuts. First cut, go to 1.75....slow and low is the key to finding out what you feel when you choose to reduce. Don't make any cut over 20% of the dose. It's too jarring to the CNS to do 1/3 or 1/2 reductions.

Stick around and read up, ask questions. Bupe takes so many things away from you.....sometimes it takes a couple years to lose your hair, your sex drive, but you will always keep the toe cheese. That doesn't go away.

Welcome!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Robert C » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:22 am

cheeps wrote:Robert, often times peeps report two mgs as being, "the Sweet Spot", meaning they get their feelings back....but this is more apt to happe, at this mg, for those getting off 6-32mgs.

If you are at 2...take 7-10 days between cuts. First cut, go to 1.75....slow and low is the key to finding out what you feel when you choose to reduce. Don't make any cut over 20% of the dose. It's too jarring to the CNS to do 1/3 or 1/2 reductions.

Stick around and read up, ask questions. Bupe takes so many things away from you.....sometimes it takes a couple years to lose your hair, your sex drive, but you will always keep the toe cheese. That doesn't go away.

Welcome!!

Thank you, I am seeing from reading here that overall bupe is a very dangerous and unpredictable drug
and nothing like that Dr junig said on another forum. He seems to be totally pro suboxone that it can do no harm?
I have definitely made up my mind to eventually get off of this drug since the disadvantages far out weigh the one actual advantage of taking it.
Also thanks for the heads up about not dropping down too fast or much at a time.
I will do the small increments and take my time between the reductions as well as read as much as possible here about others and what they do or did. Thanks again to both free again and cheeps for their help with this.
Robert C

Postby Subblind » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am

Hi Robert,yes you will see the polar opposite attitude toward bupe here as opposed to"that other site".the dr and all his koolaide drinking deciples have a way different view point...this medication is an extremely powerful, life altering substance.as Cheeps has said" low and slow has proven to be the best way to go.there are many good people here that have successfully tapered so stick around and benefit from their experience.there is a lot of information in the threads that will help you immensely.good luck to Robert glad you found your way here...
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Patience, education, persistence, and commitment. These are the things needed to do this. You can do this Robert and you don't have to freak out.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Sub Sux