I'm Back after 2 Years and on the Taper Train

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

I'm Back after 2 Years and on the Taper Train

Postby starting_over » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Well, like the subject line states, I'm back and starting a taper from 8mg of sub & about 2mg Xanax daily. I was teetering anywhere between 6-8 mg daily for the last month and I decided to start at 6mg today, and reduce the Xanax by 1/4, which will put me at 1.75mg. However, I'm more concerned about the Sub at this point. I have clonodine, a med journal, and the willingness to do this after losing this shit to control my life for so fucking long, now it's all up to me.

Everyone's support and brutal, but necessary, honesty here was amazing the last time I got myself down to about .75mg, but I went on a relapse with oxy shortly after.

So . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! ;) Seriously though, I need the support of this forum to keep myself accountable. And . . . hi cheeps! It's nice to see your smiling, bright green name! :D
starting_over

Re: I'm Back after 2 Years and on the Taper Train

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Hey girlie....so....you got back up to 8mgs? How long did you stay low from the last taper....June 2015? What has happened during the time you were away? Give me a run down on that.....And the xannies....have you stayed on those?

I meant to ask you a long time ago what kinds of gut surgery did you have? Welcome back to town! Sorry you had to find us again!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby The Blind Ass » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey Starting_Over... have you read the Ashton manual? (link here http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/)
Its good enough that I used it once to help a friend ween himself off and he is ok today. Dr.Ashton is awsome, she paved the way for the gold standard in benzo tapering and withdrawal protocol.

How long have you been taking xanax daily? And same for the Sub/bupe? Are you dependent physically upon the alpraxolam?

How old are you, what is your weight, how is your health? and how is your current life situation (general terms = do you have support from family and/or friends ( the good kind )? - do they even know your honest situation and intent and goal? - yes or no... do you have kids to take care of while you do this? yes or no . Do you have a job you must show up at while doing this? etc etc Are you in legal trouble?) .... this is the type of stuff that gives people a better "image" of yourself so that we can help in a more profound or specific way. If I am being to nosy tell me to fuck off!

Targeted intervention and advice or suggestions, based on clear perception of the current needs of a unique individual is the way I ideally approach this stuff when offering support online or in person.

Coming off of Benzo's at the same time as an Opiate/oid is no easy task. In fact it is very difficult if your physically dependent on both - it can be done, but with caution and the utmost adherence to tapering and plentiful healthy support and monk like patience - but it is generally recommended to do one at a time. .. that is for you and your loved ones and a compassionate and caring Physician to decide.

I'll be following your thread and rooting for ya.
The Blind Ass

Postby starting_over » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks for the responses!

I'm getting ready for work, and getting my little on ready, so that answers two of your questions, TBA.

As far as everything else, I'm in good health and I'm acutely aware of how difficult it will be to taper off of two of the worst substances on the planet, but as I mentioned in my first post, my main concern right now is the Suboxone.

I've been at 6 milligrams since Sunday and I feel fine. I can't really say an exact dos that I was at before because I wasn't keeping track. But I am writing down each time I take a dose and I'm taking two milligrams three times per day. I know a lot of people say it's better to dose once per day, but I'm not there yet. I'm thinking I'm going to try to break it up two two times per day, so take 3mg in a.m. and p.m.

I have to get moving but I will post more thoroughly in a few hours
Last edited by starting_over on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
starting_over

Postby starting_over » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 am

Oh, and no one in my life knows about this. My only source for support is to come here
starting_over

Postby The Blind Ass » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:27 am

I see I see. :thumbup: .
The Blind Ass

Postby starting_over » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 am

:D
And as far as my "plan" right now, I plan to go down by 1mg for the next few weeks until I get to 4mg, then going down by .5 or stretching out my doses. The last time I made a plan it never really went well because I never allowed myself to truly stabilized at a dose. Now when I make Cuts, I want to make sure they are reasonable ones so that I can handle being a little uncomfortable for a little bit without having to go back up again
starting_over

Postby The Blind Ass » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 pm

That is the the mature way to do it.
The Blind Ass

Postby Subblind » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm following your thread S.O. Good luck and welcome back...sorry your in this position but good to know your giving it another strong shot.Regards SB
Subblind

Postby starting_over » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:51 am

*Edit: the word "bike" should be bupe! Damn phone!

You know, I realized on one of my posts I copied a text message I sent to someone about chickens that showed up in my backyard one day. I looked up from my living room & saw 4 chickens right outside the window so I took a pic & texted it to someone w/ a caption. Anyway, when I edited a draft I saved here, must've done something funky because that text was at the top of my 2nd post of this thread! :lol: I must've seemed cookoo to everyone!

So to bring everything up to date, I'm still at about .75mg Xanax daily & yesterday I only took 5 mg of sub. I felt pretty good when I went to take my 3rd, 2mg dose, so I just cut it in half.

I've been at around a strip per day, give or take, for almost a year - - I believe. The Xanax, too. However, I'm thinking I should taper off the bike first, then the benzos??? I know I'm not at a really high dose, but I'd still like to get away from it. And the real bitch of it is I initially started taking them to help me get off opiates! Kinda like bupe!

Anyway, thanks for the responses, everyone! I feel fine this week so far, but I know the real struggle doesn't happen until around the 2mg mark. I'll most likely go back to a liquid taper once I get to 1mg.

Have a great day, everyone!
starting_over

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Yeah...I love chickens and that didn't make much sense but anything "chicken" is usually funny so I thought there was something chicken going on in that moment..

Look....you need to get to 4 mgs and pause for a week. Then go down to 2mgs carefully and pause.

As far as the benzo...you need to get thru the bupe detox first. Benzos are a bitch to get off of, you've been on them too long now to taper them with the bupe.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby starting_over » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks, cheepers.

Yes -- I plan on going down by one milligram per week, so this Sunday down to 5 and next Sunday down to four, then staying at 4 for maybe 10 days until I feel fully stable and have no wd symptoms. And then from there probably going down by .5 until I get to 2mg.

I'm not really concerning myself too much with the time as much as I am the dose. In other words, when I make a cut I want to stabilize for as long as it takes, and then make another reasonable cut. My last taper I tried to stick with a time schedule that ended up being like a yoyo when it came to withdrawals because I never allowed myself to fully stabilized before I made another cut. So by the time I was down really low, like point five, I was feeling really bad daily which made it even harder. And you're right about the benzos! I'm going to do the sub first, and once I feel pretty solid after that, then I'll concentrate on the benzos. I think it'll be way too much, too fast too do them both at the same time.
starting_over

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:11 pm

starting_over wrote:Thanks, cheepers.

Yes -- I plan on going down by one milligram per week, so this Sunday down to 5 and next Sunday down to four, then staying at 4 for maybe 10 days until I feel fully stable and have no wd symptoms. And then from there probably going down by .5 until I get to 2mg.

I'm not really concerning myself too much with the time as much as I am the dose. In other words, when I make a cut I want to stabilize for as long as it takes, and then make another reasonable cut. My last taper I tried to stick with a time schedule that ended up being like a yoyo when it came to withdrawals because I never allowed myself to fully stabilized before I made another cut. So by the time I was down really low, like point five, I was feeling really bad daily which made it even harder. And you're right about the benzos! I'm going to do the sub first, and once I feel pretty solid after that, then I'll concentrate on the benzos. I think it'll be way too much, too fast too do them both at the same time.

That's a good attitude and a good plan....I was worried about the benzo taper more than anything.... :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby starting_over » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:37 pm

So it's day 5 of cutting my dose down by about 2mg (give or take), and I'm already getting the tummy rumbles, I was pretty emotional this morning, and I had REALLY vivid dreams last night, which is rare! I've also not been popping Xannies whenever I damn well pleas and staying at between .5 & .75 mg (which I know could be a lot worse, but I've been taking them for quite some time and already reduced from about 3 -4 mg daily). At the same time I'm almost glad in a very strange, sadistic way because it means my body is starting to get used to not having so much of this bullshit in its system.

I'll be making another 1mg cut this Sunday, so hopefully by then I won't have any symptoms. And if so, I will probably remain at 6 a little longer.
starting_over

Postby cheeps » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Sounds good!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby starting_over » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:38 pm

So it's been a minute since I've checked in, but I can proudly say that I have been at 5mg since Sunday, so I'm right on schedule. However, my schedule got a little funky over the weekend because I was out and didn't make proper cuts before I left the house. Also, I believe it was Friday that I took 7mg instead of 6. But, one of my days last week I took 5 instead of 6 so everything for the week still evens out.

All together I am being pretty consistent and logging each time I dose. The way I'm doing the 5s is 2mg in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, then 2 at night. However, I'm thinking of trying to do 2 in the morning and three later in the day as long as I can stretch it. But I'll see how it goes. As far as the Xanax, I have been floating around .75 and 1 for the last week. I know this could be a lot worse because I have kicked benzos before and it was absolute hell, but I'm just going to keep maintaining and worry about coming off when I am done with the subs. I also have Clonidine for when I start getting under the 2mg mark.

Thanks for checking in, CHEEPS! :D
starting_over

Return to Sub Sux