What are the physical consequences of long-term sub use?

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

What are the physical consequences of long-term sub use?

Postby Tilly2016 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:14 pm

I just was wondering if board members know what the health consequences are of using Suboxone for a very long period of time.

What does this drug actually do to your body? Organs? Brain?

Thanks!
B. <><
Tilly2016

Re: What are the physical consequences of long-term sub use?

Postby Don_Pisto » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Tilly2016 wrote:I just was wondering if board members know what the health consequences are of using Suboxone for a very long period of time.

Maybe someone here will have more up-to-date information, but as far as I know, there have been zero scientific studies to determine the long term use of subs. (The reason for that is because of the way the pharmaceutical industry operates, but that's a different topic) This means the users are essentially guinea pigs, or lab rats. There is however, plenty of anecdotal evidence that long term use has many awful side effects. Are some of them permanent? Maybe, such as those who develop dental problems, and other bonuses, but the human body has powerful healing capabilities and most people who stop this drug, find that they eventually begin to feel somewhat normal, or what they remember as being normal.

Not knowing the long term effects, and if some of them are permanent, should be scary to most, but for an addict though, those are secondary concerns if at all. A lot of people here suffered very bad effects and you can read about them and some might chime in.

Also, last I checked, the official paperwork that ships with subs has some small print that effectively says the long term effects are unknown.
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby Eyedotz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Hey. Well I guess i was one of the longest I know of...13 years. Sadly, I'm sure that many will surpass those years seeing where the world is heading with sub under everyone's tongue...

but for me personally: weight gain, loss entirety of social life, agoraphobia (not fear...just didn't want to leave), no energy, apathetic, disliked music, snoring, hair loss/thinning, over sleeping, no long term goals, constipation, sugar addiction, zero sex drive, selfishness, emotionless, memory loss, personality of a cardboard cutout...all of these symptoms are in remission and I am doing very well after adjusting to the 'new me'.

FOR ME, I experienced the following symptoms after quitting subs (paws) because of the long time I was on it... I developed silent reflux because my gastro system was basically dormant on subs and when I quit it sent it into overdrive. It sucked. I also suffered from peripheral neuropathy (burning in legs and feet) which I believe was nerve damage from long term use. These major paws symptoms are fading though almost 8 months post sub. The reason I mention these is because I didn't have any idea how much damage was being done until AFTER I stopped.

I hope that helps. People have reported major dental issues but luckily I didn't suffer from this. It is all very individual so my experience may be different than others.
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Tilly2016 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:53 am

Thank you for your replies.

My husband is gong on 8 years of sub use.

I see many personality changes and was just wondering about damage to his physical body from the drug. I guess the population won't know for sure until the "lab rats" find out in the future.

B. <><
Tilly2016

Postby southerngirl » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3002

Not sure if this link works, but I started a post a couple of years ago with some info you might find helpful. I plan to update soon. This isn't a club anyone wants to be in.

SG
southerngirl

Postby Tilly2016 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Thank you, Southerngirl. I had read your posts and emphathize. Your husband sounds so much like mine.

I am 100% certain that my spouse as Asperger's Syndrome. As I read your posts and how you commented about your spouse repeating the same phrase over and over, it made me think that your husband may have it as well.

I received your private message but the forum wouldn't let me respond.

B. <><
Tilly2016

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Filly, there should be a send reply button in your message from her. Not sure why it won't let you respond.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby The Blind Ass » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:46 pm

I second what EyeDots said, I experienced all those things over my decade long slumber on subs.
The Blind Ass

Return to Sub Sux