Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Postby cheeps » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:47 am

99% of the peeps that detox say that music is their savior. The more wide open, the better. Humans are hard wired for bass...after all we pounded drums long before we banged horns or sang. We hollered, yodeled, and screamed to stay in touch...we whispered and hummed comforting lullabys to fretful children when danger was near. Music is instinctual to humans. Rhythm is a part of us just as nature has its rhythm.

My signature means I'm currently back in a pain management program. I've had a few neck and back surgeries as well as knee replacements. After each surgery I detox but when something else starts to go I end up back in PM. This time it's surgery on my thumbs. I have osteoarthritis all over my body. I'm trying to eat a diet that helps with inflammatory issues but genetically I'm fucked as both sides of my family have had issues with arthritis. The last MRI was ugly saying a had a ladder effect from neck to lower back. Fuck me, oh well. I just went yesterday for a round of shots in my L5-S1 area....hopefully that will reduce the need for some of the meds I take. But I have more thumb surgery soon. Trying to get it all done before the end of the year. I use the ACA stuff so each year is a toss up as to what company I get and how much I have to pay out of pocket. Getting old SUCKSS!! :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:50 am

Dam Cheeps, that sounds brutal man. You have my respect. To go through all of that and keep a recovery mind set is really something to be said about your character. I'm one of the youngest on my shift at work and the old timers are always on about back problems and shoulder injuries from years past that are still haunting them, and recently I've really started to listen and hear them, and it feels like they are indirectly telling me "Take care of yourself, so you don't have to deal with this shit one day" and that's what I hear, but I honestly have no idea where to start. How does one protect their back and knees and stuff when their job is so physically demanding? Very tough for me to figure out... I wish you the best of luck though.

I've not stopped jamming at work, I don't myself stopping now either, its almost like i crave it... As for today being day nine off subs, I really gotta say that I feel pretty dam good. Yesterday I was able to cut my clonidine use in half and today I plan on using even less to make sure there is no complications when I stop taking it. I was able to sleep a solid 7 hours straight, woke up with an upset stomach but it is all good now.. I really have no complaints.. For whatever reason, this detox has been 10x easier than my last one, I'm just hoping that It stays this way.. Hope everyone has a great day!
RobKYOH

Postby cheeps » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 am

Rob...taper the clonidine carefully...sometimes you can get rebound effect, headaches....weird shit....if you take it for a while and then just stop....so go easy on it...switch over to Imodium if you need to.

You are young and that really helps with detox...you had better help with the clonidine and maybe your mindset was better.

As far as taking care of your body, learn how to bend, twist, and pick up thing the right way. Don't act like super man. Slow down and use the safety tools, straps, carts....whatever you can. Don't lift shit with straight legs. Get help even if it's something you used to do. Stretch and warm up before you work. Insist of the latest safety equipment. If you get hurt, report it. Use heat, ice and massage if you get hurt. Don't ignore the pains in your body.

But number one....don't shrug off asking for help if stuff is too heavy....you aren't he man.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:28 pm

I have spent a lot of time researching the issues that come with stopping Clonidine and say to you sir cheeps, I will indeed make sure that I am careful when it comes to stopping it.. Also I wanted to thank you for that thought out post about taking care of my body.. Being a father of two and the youngest here at work sometimes feeds into that superman ego that I will try to make sure I keep in check when it comes to the heavy objects
RobKYOH

Postby Subblind » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Yeah Rob,I'm the classic example of almost crippled from working my whole life.along with some genetic shit it's really no fucking joke.i know people half as fucked up as I am,and they are on permanent disability.
I'm living the nightmare everyday,supporting my family and struggling everyday. The sad part of it is,you get so used to being in pain it just feels fucking natural...

And rob,sir cheeps is a women...a tough one I'm sure but...she's all women...and she's the best part of this site I might add.
Subblind

Postby RobKYOH » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Oops! Sorry Cheeps, I just assumed you were a man.. So sorry about that, I didn't mean to offend and if I did sorry.. Without a doubt, Cheeps keeps this site in check.. Sub blind that's some real heaviness you're dealing with. People like you have always been my role models.. Get knocked down but doesn't give up.. That's about the most respectable person that's out there.
RobKYOH

Postby Subblind » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Thanks Rob,not easy living in pain but I try not to bitch and just roll with it...don't apologize over the gender mix up,you had a 50/50 chance...and I'm sure she would've"politely"told you at some point.No worries brother...
Your doing an amazing job young man,very happy for you,my pain issues slowed down my progression a little...
Hoping I can get back on track very soon.
Subblind

Postby RobKYOH » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Hey thanks a lot sub blind and I'm wishing you the best with everything.. As for the sub withdrawals on day 11 I don't think I have any thing very serious to report at all.. I'm sure my sleep will be a little funky but I'm thinking feeling a little crappy is just my body has gotten a little older is all.. Hungary like crazy! I'm going out for a steak and a meeting... Hope everyone has a good night!!
RobKYOH

Postby Qweets » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Whoa cheeps is a woman too? Eyedotz then Cheeps, mind blown :D I know how the pain management stuff goes.. I'm just going to live with my pain and get knee replacements whenever I get old enough, they wont do it because I'm too young..
Qweets

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:39 am

Hey, how is it going Rob... Nearing two weeks right?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby RobKYOH » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Hey Cheeze... Yes two weeks is within reach.. Very exciting.. Ive been feeling really guilty the past few days when browsing the forums because I am most definitely one of the lucky ones who got off the shit with minimal dis comfort.. As each day goes by I have more and more of my old self coming back and getting out side and doing things and less time sitting inside and browsing the web. . tomorrow will be two weeks and while I don't feel great I certainly don't feel that bad either. Last time when I went through this I was ready to give up within two weeks, that thought has not crossed my mind this time.. I know I am getting closer and closer to muy old self, new self, and it excites me to no end.. I catch my self making plans to do things with my family and go see other friends and family and it just feels really good to watch my self turn into the person that I want to be. I hope everyone is doing well today!!
RobKYOH

Postby Subblind » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Good for you Rob,that's just outstanding young man...yes you were one of the lucky ones I'm sure,so fucking bonus for you...your attitude has been great the whole way and I'm sure that,and your age played into it quite a bit enjoy your new self dude,you deserve to feel excited about living clean and being with your friends and family...in the end,that's really all we've got...
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:02 pm

RobKYOH wrote:Hey Cheeze... Yes two weeks is within reach.. Very exciting.. Ive been feeling really guilty the past few days when browsing the forums because I am most definitely one of the lucky ones who got off the shit with minimal dis comfort.. As each day goes by I have more and more of my old self coming back and getting out side and doing things and less time sitting inside and browsing the web. . tomorrow will be two weeks and while I don't feel great I certainly don't feel that bad either. Last time when I went through this I was ready to give up within two weeks, that thought has not crossed my mind this time.. I know I am getting closer and closer to muy old self, new self, and it excites me to no end.. I catch my self making plans to do things with my family and go see other friends and family and it just feels really good to watch my self turn into the person that I want to be. I hope everyone is doing well today!!

Rob...this is as it should be. You need to get out and get going!! Yaaay!

Try to update every week. It means a lot to peeps to have you come back and report. Go have a life! :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Cheeps I will most definitely do my best to hang out and stay an active member on this forum.. Thank you and thank you sub blind.. So, just wanted to update the drug test results thing.. I usually go on Mondays and drop for the rehab, but this Monday I had a dentist appointment so I went down there today and can proudly say that at day 15 my system was 100% clean! No more bupe in this dudes pee! Also since I was in a different group today and not my usual, I got so much encouragement and feedback from a new group of peers about stopping subs and to say the least, it was really refreshing! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
RobKYOH

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Holy heck dude, you must be so happy! :cheers: So happy for you to have fifteen days and evidence that it is really gone!

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Stay away from poppie seeds...trust me on that one.they will light up a cheap 12 panel piss test like a Christmas tree.been through that shit...
Subblind

Postby Qweets » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Subblind wrote:Stay away from poppie seeds...trust me on that one.they will light up a cheap 12 panel piss test like a Christmas tree.been through that shit...

But I love poppy seed muffins lol
Qweets

Postby Qweets » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:49 pm

So far I kinda feel a bit guilty too because honestly the worst I've had was depression and crying and insomnia and I was able to sleep last night for like 7 hours without taking any meds and this was after drinking half a gallon of gross for my colonoscopy today lol. I'm gonna stay around here though and keep my stuff updated in case stuff does start getting worse. I want to do anything I can to help anyone who needs support. I've been texting with one member to support them. I enjoy helping others and I'm sure peeps does as well look at how many posts she has lol.
Qweets

Issues falling a sleep and restless legs like a mother fucke

Postby RobKYOH » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:32 pm

So what were almost on day 28 now and I'm still having problems falling a sleep and restless legs arms and hands.. When ever I'm out of the house doing something all is well but every time I pull back in my drive way its a terrible feeling.. Its weird because I'm definitely a home body but sitting at home is my worst enemy.. That's all I can complain About lol and I just wanted to check in and say hey to everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well, love all of you!
RobKYOH

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:24 am

Oh man, I cannot believe the restless limbs can last for a month. I hate that feeling.

It sounds like you are doing pretty damn well though! :cheers: I am really happy you are rocking this so hard. It is very inspirational to see how well you are doing. Please keep updating when you can!

CheeZeeAnnDee

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux