Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Hey man, I wondered where you had gotten to. Thanks for coming back and updating us! Any idea what triggered the urge to pick up again? At least you realized you needed some help and stopped before you got swept away. Are you at home now, or still at the detox? You could always give naltrexone a try if you think it would help keep the temptations at bay.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 pm

So glad you stayed away from the sub....woooohoo! That's big....and going to treatment come hell or high water....that takes guts.

Find out what within you isn't getting the attention it needs. Mine was this thing called CEN....long story but here's the website that explains my switch. http://www.drjonicewebb.com/?awt_l=TtMl ... PNMnyG838A
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey cheeze and Cheeps,

Thanks for replying. You guys are awesome. I'm home now, actually working at the moment. I spent only 72 hours in the psyche ward. And another couple days on my couch, giving myself the business for slipping up. What I found out a few years ago was that AA actually works very well for me. I just have to be active in it. I fell into an old pattern of doing the recovery deal and getting burned out then stopping recovery mode and goes back into Rob's the boss mode. Usually by the time that happens, relapse is sure to follow. It's a rough way to learn, but it happened. I am absolutely lucky that by some chance I didn't end up in handcuffs this time or worse. I have no idea how i ended up so lucky this time? Maybe some of this recovery shit is rubbing off on me? I've thought about vivitrol shot but in all honesty I would only be doing to give my wife the peace of mind that I'm not using heroin, and I would if she really wants me to but I don't want it so I'm trying to avoid it. Its not that I have reservations to use again, its just that I want to learn how to do life as a recovering addict without the crutch. Does that make sense?
RobKYOH

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Sure it does.....just promise you'll be more active in whatever works. Find out why you felt the need to get high. Keep us in the loop man.....we are here!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 am

How's it going Rob?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 am

Hey rob....hope you've found some IRL support. Do the work!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Lessons for life

Postby cheeps » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:33 am

, the ancient philosophy had 9 rules of life to live by.

We’ve gone over them below. While they might be difficult to accept at first, they’ll benefit you a lot if you do.

1) You will receive a body

Every human has a body. It’s up to you how you use it.

2) You will learn lessons

Life is a constant learning experience. This cannot be denied. No matter how old you are, every day brings with it new opportunities to learn something and become wiser.

3) There are no mistakes, only lessons.

Wisdom comes from tying new things, even if you don’t succeed. There’s no need to judge ourselves harshly, as that doesn’t nothing but swirl us into a circle of negativity.

Instead, we should show compassion to ourselves and learn from any experience that doesn’t turn out the way we wanted.

4) A lesson is repeated until it is learned.

A problems that continues is a lesson that we haven’t learned yet. That’s the journey of life.

Life has a funny way of presenting problems to you so that you can grow. Your own awareness and ability to change are what’s crucial in these moments. To blame someone else for your misfortunes is not taking responsibility for yourself.

5) Learning lessons will never end.

While we are alive there will always be lessons to be learned. The key is to flow along with this rhythm of life, rather than rejecting it or fighting against it.

Be humble enough to accept your weaknesses and flexible enough to adapt when things don’t go your way.

6) Others are merely mirrors of you.

Whenever you judge someone negatively, you’re actually judging yourself. The only way to accept yourself is to accept others. Strive to truly understand yourself and your emotions, even when they’re negative. It’s the only way you’ll be able to understand others, as well.

7) What you make of your life is up to you.

You have to take responsibility for you life. You can’t blame others or outside circumstances. You, yourself, must walk the path.

8) The answers lie inside.

No matter what society tells you, happiness can only come from inside you. Outside objects are merely superficial. In order to find true inner peace, you need to trust yourself and accept yourself.

9) There’s always something we can succeed at.

We all have potential and every single person is unique. There’s no need to compare and there’s always something you can succeed at. The trick is not to give up.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Sub Sux