Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Postby RobKYOH » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:38 am

What's up subsux.. I'm Rob a 30 year old male from cincinnati OH, and I have just passed 100 hrs since my last dose.. I was on the strip for about 14 months, actually started out on zubsolve but for some reason the doctor put me back on the strip.. I went from 16,14,12,10,8,6,4,2 mg taper with my final taper amount was supposed to be at 1 mg but I really struggled below 1.5 mg a day and barley made the 1mg mark in the last month... So late last Tuesday I took my last dose, which for the last month I would take about .5 mg a few times a day, and that very last dose was probably more like .3 mg very late Tuesday night. I have been on a steady time schedule with Colonodine since day 1. .01 mg of that quite a few times a day. I have Imodium for the bubble guts which seems to help. I have another stomach pill I can't think of the name of that my doctor gave me when I got food poisoning last month. I am waking up and drinking an emergan-c every morning which is 1000mg of vit-c. Ibuprofen 800 mg about twice a day and also DL-phenylalanine twice a day, which is a vitamin that is supposed to help with depression... So to catch you up to today, I think the Colonodine is helping me sleep. Last night was my worst night of sleep and it was still more than 4 hrs, which really seems good compared to my last time detoxing the subs back in 2013 where I didn't sleep at all.. I mean day 1 I felt ok. Day 2 I felt ok. Day 3 wasn't bad either. Yesterday some anxiety hit pretty hard but that was about the worst of it for yesterday.. Today I just passed the 100 hr mark since my last dose and I still really have nothing to report.. I feel like I'm just waiting for a flood of w/d symptoms to hit me and hit me hard, but if i remember correctly my first 5 days back in 2013 were way harder than this.. Anyways any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Love all you, saying fuck subs isn't easy when they did help me get a life back but staying on them just felt like another set of hand cuffs I was in .. If you've made it to the other side, I'm coming!

Edited in some missing words
RobKYOH

Re: Hey!! Day 5 no subs...

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:24 am

Wow dude, that is awesome! Is the other nausea pill Zofran (ondansetron) by any chance? And I have read some neat stuff about mega-doses of vitamin C and withdrawals, but a lot of the experiences I read were also using immodium to counter-act issues from so much C, so hard to tell what was causing what.

I am tapering and I can see why you had trouble getting lower. I am on 0.23 and it is like a slow descent into hell sometimes. But for me, jumping at a high dose sounded much worse. But some people do totally fine jumping off like that. It sounds you are doing well!

I am excited for you!
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby RobKYOH » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am

Hey! Thanks for the response. Shortly after I wrote that I actually fell back a sleep for four more hours, its almost noon now. Its so weird being able to sleep because last time I was already ripping my hair out about not sleeping and this time Its no problem, but I'm assuming its the major difference between having the Colonodine and not having it. The other medicine is called ( this is probably spelled wrong) dicyclomine, and I think when I researched it when I got it that It was given to irritable bowel patients, but like i said, it was given to me for food poisoning and I just held onto because I thought it may come in handy for this! And I couldn't say whether or not the vitamin c is producing any effect on me, but I just figure that It has to be good for me? Espically, since I'm eating less than half of what I was eating. Anyways, my day 5 is right on par with days 1-4 pretty much, which for me hasn't been bad. Also man, how do you get down to that low of a dose? I'm jealous to be honest.. I could never get lower than 1, in fact I had only been able to take 1mg a day a few times.
RobKYOH

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:05 am

Hey rob.....you're doing great! More in just a minute.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:13 am

The clonidine is a great drug if you can tolerate it....sounds like it's working for you! The next couple days will suck the most but I think you'll be okay. The fact that you are young really helps and you did taper a lot better! Can you get outside and walk? Make sure you drink and drink and fucking drink until you pee yourself to death!

Sub wds are weird sometimes...they are not as harsh in some ways as others. Glad you are sleeping too....

Stay with us....we have several peeps jumping right now so you fit right in!

Ready for change
Stephie
Getting there
Rob

These are peeps that are what I call jump buddies because you are in acute detox. Stephie is the closest to you as far as hours off....y'all are about the same! Ready for change jumped off more than you so the two of you tapered about the same. Go visit their threads and you can compare notes.

Welcome to SS!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I definitely want to keep up on the people who's getting this stuff out of their system.. Today, I'm actually gonna take my kids to the park and walk with my mom for a few laps ( after I watch the Bengals kick the Broncos ass) and yes it seems like it is a totally different experience for me than last time.. I jumped at the same dose as last time.. Why do I feel so much better this time? I think the only differences are that last time I was on subs for 90 days and this time 14 months which is big difference and last time I didn't get the Colonodine until day 11.. Anyways thanks for the replies and I'll try to update this thread with any new questions or problems.
RobKYOH

Postby RobKYOH » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Just wanted to give an update to my 6th day.. Fell a sleep around h midnight last night, woke up at 230, was up until 5ish then feel back sleep for about 4 hours, so got about 7 hours of sleep Last night... And I'm still feeling alright , being awake for a few hours in the middle of the night was annoying but not bad.. So mentally and physically I feel fine.. One thing is bothering me though, I took a drug test at the after care program I am in and failed for subs ( not considerd a fail since I just stopped taking them 6 days ago) but thought for sure they would be out of my system by now..
RobKYOH

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Whoa, You are really going strong! Nice job. And how wonderful you could fall back to sleep. I think that makes a huge difference.

And that is really interesting about the drug test. Please update when it no longer shows up, because I would like to know how long it lingers.

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby RobKYOH » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Hey cheeze, thanks for the encouragement.. I find it very strange that I took my last dose, which was .5 mg ( smaller than that actually) over 6 full days, and it popped up.. The guy doing the test even found it odd.. My counselor however, said that those on it for a while, like me, is not uncommon to see up to 10 days later.. My next test will be next Monday, so that would be 13 days I think, and it better be out by then.. It for sure bummed me out, because I was fully expecting this to be the first test in a couple years that everything was negative, but o well, lol What can you Do? I think this being my first night back to work after the 3 day mark is a good thing... Just moving around big ol heavy things keeps my mind occupied, and off of the whole, poor poor me thing lol it feels like every inch of me just wants to lay down and pout, but we all know how far that gets us. Also, while at the rehab center today, when I spoke with the doc, I was expecting him to ask if I want to go back on, but that never popped up. He cut me a script for 60 more colonodine and sent me on my way, its very comforting to have those to combat rls and restless arms, and just the anxiety that comes with it.. I hope everyone that is going through it right now, will turn the corner soon and claim our lives back.. Much love to everyone!
RobKYOH

Postby RobKYOH » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:58 am

Ok.. So day7 one week, really happy to say that right now.. A couple of months ago when I got stuck at 4 mg and was struggling to drop to 3, I thought there was no way in hell I was gonna be able to jump off this medicine when the time came... My job is physical for a few hours but it has a lot of downtime, and I work second shift so all the higher ups are gone, which made for a smooth transition back to work.. The physical stuff was enough to make me to sweat a little which was a nice feeling and helped to take my mind off things for a while.. Anyways here's how my day 7 So far.. Came home from work at 130 am, took a super hot shower ( why do I crave hot showers lol) and fell asleep within twenty minutes of laying down, slept for 4 hours, was feeling rough when I woke up and took another clonidine, then feel back sleep for another 4 hours.. So 8 hours of sleep.. This was not the case for me back in 2013 and I gotta say being able to sleep is HUGE.. Anyways I've been up for an hour and feel good, not great, not bad just good and I'll take that.. Other than being sore and lack of motivation and the sneeze attacks, I don't believe I can complain.. I'm not really looking forward to work today, but I'm also not dreading it either.. I'll be lurking around the forums all day, and I'm hoping all of have a great day!!
RobKYOH

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 am

You go Rob...?Oh hell yeah...shoving shit around definitely helps....try to walk too. Don't forget to drink at work....even if you have to take 50 pee breaks. Go walk around your block...the hot showers help the muscles and CNS relax so your sure doing the right thing.

I'm not surprised abou the test....this shit stores in fat like methadone....not as bad but it's a long acting opiate LAO, and that's why it takes 4-7 days to go thru wds. SUCKS!!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Cheeps, was curios what back In PM summer 2016 means, sorry for the ignorance I just cannot figure it out!? Also, you have been around for a while (obv because you're a mod here) in your experience what are the worst days for people? Is it days 1-3, or days 7 and 8? Or day 10?... Just random days I threw out there for example.. And would you say the biggest complaint is lack of sleep or something else.. I'm just curious?
RobKYOH

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Dude, 7 days! How exciting!

I am really happy you are still going so strong! And that you are able to sleep!

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby RobKYOH » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks cheeze I'm Pretty sure I'm only sleeping well because the Colonodine is keeping the rls to a minimum.. Anybody else find that music is so much more satisfying while Detoxing? I mean seriously wtf.. Rage against the machine has a new place in my heart.. I'm usually a hip hop dude but can't turn off the rock.. I swear it All just sounds better right now!
RobKYOH

Postby desertoasis » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Anything that makes you feel alive and forget the position you're in, go for it. I've been doing movies. I love end of the world save the day movies.

Independence Day
The Core
Avengers

You get my drift. I love them but what they're really doing for me is passing time. Right now that is what I really need. Time to pass. I don't even care how. I want on the other side and I want to remember how strong I had to be to let this go, get it all out of me.

I will never allow myself to be in this position again. I will never again be held hostage.
desertoasis

Postby RobKYOH » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:08 am

Well it's officially the start of week two.. Desert oasis I hear you, I just want time to speed up.. This is one hell of a journey.. I feel like I'm in that movie "Shawshank Redemption".. Was imprisoned by subs and right now it feels like when he broke out and his buddy Red says "Andy Dufrane, the man who crawled through a river of shit, and came out clean on the other side" lol... Kind of just accepted that the next week may be rough, but a new chapter in life is within reach.. I got home from work at 1:30 am last night and fortunately I was fast a sleep by 2 am... I woke up at 7, and saw my oldest off to school and my wife off to work.. So its just me and the two year old, 9 am and he's still asleep, but I know he's gonna wake up any minute and start raising hell.. I would say my symptoms so far today are minimal.. I am still very sore, and got a little bit of restless arms and sneezes for days... Other than that, no complaints...wishing everyone has a great day as we push forward to get this shit behind us!
RobKYOH

Postby Subblind » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:16 am

Rage on...it's the bass that's vibrating your soul awake...makes your endorphins go fucking ballistic...good job dude
Subblind

Postby Steph1850 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 pm

ROB!!! Sorry I'm being such a self centered terd and just now read your taper/jump story. You are a rock star jumping off at 1mg!!! I got ripped off 3-4mg when I went to detox and literally NEVER slept more than 2 hours a night for the entire 9 days in detox. No wonder I got right back on sub when I got out. I didn't know shit about this drug.

I'm so glad to be your jump buddy. The clonidine really helps me sleep and calm down too. I just took some now cause I'm crawling the wall!

I hope your day stays good.
Tapering since July 2015. Jumped on 9/21/16!
Steph1850

Postby Steph1850 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:42 pm

desertoasis wrote:Anything that makes you feel alive and forget the position you're in, go for it. I've been doing movies. I love end of the world save the day movies.

Independence Day
The Core
Avengers

You get my drift. I love them but what they're really doing for me is passing time. Right now that is what I really need. Time to pass. I don't even care how. I want on the other side and I want to remember how strong I had to be to let this go, get it all out of me.

I will never allow myself to be in this position again. I will never again be held hostage.

I've been watching comedies to laugh and escape. But I'm in a show hole so I'm repeating on Netflix.
Tapering since July 2015. Jumped on 9/21/16!
Steph1850

Postby RobKYOH » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:08 pm

No worries at all Steph lol ... You ain't kidding sub blind, I'm at work now and I swear if I have my head phones on full blast I feel like I'm alive, its a very strange feeling but awesome at the same time.. Man after about 12pm today I started to feel good, real good! Came into work smiling and ready too work my ass off.. It was pretty short lived though.. I've only been here about 4 hours and I'm ready to gtfo! Lol anyways I hope everyone has a great night!
RobKYOH

Next

Return to Sub Sux