Looking for advice on when to jump

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Looking for advice on when to jump

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Just dropping in to say hello. My last dose was the 20th i believe, so i am ... I don't know, like 12 days out? 11? I guess if I count from 1:30 pm on the 20th it has been 12. Whatever, let's just call it a couple days shy of 2 weeks.

my sleep seems to be the same as before jumping, maybe a little shittier, probably mostly psychological. Last night I got less than five hours, but the night before that it was great.

I was looking at my journel and thought it was interesting that I was at 0.25 mg last September, so for like 6-7 months I was at or under a quarter mg. When I first started really tapering I remember reading a dude say he stayed under 0.25 for a year before jumping, and that was why he felt he did so well afterwards, and I remember hating the thought that I might take that long myself. Guess when it is time to walk the walk yourself, you find yourself doing stuff that you might not have wanted, but you do it anyway if it is actually working.

Just thought that was interesting.

I have no idea if it really makes a difference to stay on such a low dose for awhile before jumping, but its all moot for me at this point I guess :shrug:

No boredom or anything yet. No more than usual anyway. I forget for most of the time that I ever jumped, until some little symptom hits me.

I should probably report that my vision is wonky. I seem to be getting really near sighted in one eye. No idea if that is jump related, as it started during the taper. Gonna need a monocle. :wtf:
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Eyedotz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Omfg dude. Best emoji placement ever! I gotta run but had to say that....funny mother fuckers on this board...
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Vision is affected and will clear up inn a few months. Put your jump date in your siggy....that way we can keep up Yaaayy!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:23 am

Congrats! Ms cheezeanndee
I'm really wondering what's up with the vision issues while tapering.. I'd love to hear theories on the mechanism behind that fun symptom.
I'd read ur thread before but I guess I hadn't realized u stayed so long at the lower doses.... Did it take that long to feel stabilized?? If so that sounds like some torturous stuff, I hope ur feeling good about coming out the other side:). Really says a lot about ur toughness... Mad squabbles
nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:23 am

Congrats! Ms cheezeanndee
I'm really wondering what's up with the vision issues while tapering.. I'd love to hear theories on the mechanism behind that fun symptom.
I'd read ur thread before but I guess I hadn't realized u stayed so long at the lower doses.... Did it take that long to feel stabilized?? If so that sounds like some torturous stuff, I hope ur feeling good about coming out the other side:). Really says a lot about ur toughness... Mad squabbles
nomojo3479

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Hello everyone, just updating. The last few days have been harder in terms of sleep and energy, but I am still doing okay. Coffee and green tea and walks/exercise are my friends. Few steps forward, one step back I suppose, but still feeling better than I did 2-3 months ago.

I believe Monday was my two weeks mark, so 16 days is early still. And I know it, so I am taking it easy.

Mojo, I would like to know whats up with the eye stuff too. Glad that Cheeps says it will go away. I had chalked up my eye issues to the eyelid and eye problems I had awhile back, where I had a migraine and it felt like it radiated out of my right eye. But looking it up, there seem to be different eye issues that can happen in withdrawal. And as for stabilizing, I don't think I ever really felt all that 'stable' during my taper, but I decreased based on how much stress I thought my body could handle. I really kept getting sick there a lot at the end. I dunno, I still don't feel like I can assess my taper...like it is too near for me to look at objectively maybe. But I also feel like I have forgotten some of the really shitty issues, until something reminds me of them.

I will say that right now my worst hours are from 12-5. probably because I had started only dosing at or after 1:30 awhile back...like I am used to a pick me up around that time and my brain is a little pissed without it. I am okay with that, as it is a decent time of day to have a last cup of joe and take a walk.

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:29 pm

You go got em cheeeeeeezzz!!

The vision stuff is a pain. Whenever I have to detox my far vision gets horrible.....fortunately I have a pair of old glasses that take care of that. At any time you need an eye exam, do it....but before you change lens you have to let the eyeball go back to homeostasis. Some eye Drs don't have experience with this and just want to sell some glasses. Just be aware that some changes are normal. Another gift from opiates. :sick: :mrgreen:

In a few months you'll be able to look back and notice better stretches of time. You are still in the first 30...so yeah....hard to tell what you feel. Just keep plugging along and don't worry about any day except the one you are in....no leaning into the future.

Congrats on almost three weeks!! :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Love that siggy btw!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:36 am

Hey everyone, three weeks yesterday I believe. Feeling about the same. So much fucking work around here to do...spending lots of time working in a giant garden bed that needs overhauling and working on the house.

Still get tired in the early afternoon, but it feels okay after working outside and then coming in and eating.

Gonna be like fucking 75-80 degrees today. Birds are a-singing. Plants are a-growing.

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Subblind » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:09 am

It's a beautiful day CHEEZE,proud of you and hope each day going forward is a step toward total normalcy for you...isn't it just glorious when the weather here breaks?.?.? It truly is a gift
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 am

CheeZeeAnnDee wrote:Hey everyone, three weeks yesterday I believe. Feeling about the same. So much fucking work around here to do...spending lots of time working in a giant garden bed that needs overhauling and working on the house.

Still get tired in the early afternoon, but it feels okay after working outside and then coming in and eating.

Gonna be like fucking 75-80 degrees today. Birds are a-singing. Plants are a-growing.

I guess I'm the only person who likes fall and winter better than spring and summer. It's too hot here..... :gaah: :gaah:

The damn birds sing all year here... :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:52 pm

If we get another woodpecker right outside my window this spring, I'll be cursing the damn birds too. I can barely stay asleep as it is, the last thing I need is that machine gun rat-a-tat-tat as soon as the sun breaks over the horizon. They are all over the place already., I've seen them going to town on a tree in the woods, and one was drilling into my front yard, which I didn't realize they would do. Figured they only liked bugs in trees, but what the fuck do I know about birds...I do like the crows and owls and hawks and eagles we see though. Damn lyme disease spreading mice better watch out, because the hawks seem to be all over this year too... Also for anyone out in the north east here, apparently it was a bad summer last year for mice, which means more ticks and more Lyme disease, so watch the fuck out. That shit will wreck you.

As for an update, still working on my neglected gardens and house, still low on energy but drinking a fuck ton of coffee, which can help a little. Still waking up every night after sleeping for 3 hours or so. Sometimes I go back to sleep within an hour, sometimes it takes longer. When I get too many bad nights in a row (usually three is my limit), I take a quarter of a Unisom, and it knocks me the fuck out. Trying not to use it too often, but happy its available.

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:44 am

:mrgreen: I'll send you a woodpecker chasin, mockingbird eatin, sparrow terrorizing cat named Boom Boom. She's a mouser/birder combo. :mrgreen:

You are doing great! Time for ms banana to hippety hop down the primrose path to your front door! :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

It is indeed about time for a banana! 4 weeks today...a month on this thursday. Been a rougher couple days but nothing I can't handle. Just a bit of allergies or a cold or something. Had some anxiety when I had to go visit some people, and my car got blocked in for a few hours and I wasn't feeling very comfy. I had this panicky moment where I felt like I couldn't escape. I managed to rock on through it though
:boobshake:

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 pm

I hear you on that....I had to screw up my courage to go to the beach. Torn between numbing yet comforting isolation and a small paradise.....should have been a no brainer.... right?

God I hate anxiety!!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Well, I made it a month. Neat-o.

Not much is new I guess...Been feeling really run down but not as bad as when I was tapering, so that's good. Still doing the 'couple steps forward, one step back' routine. Yippee-kai-yay motherfuckers! :blowme:

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

CheeZeeAnnDee wrote:Well, I made it a month. Neat-o.

Not much is new I guess...Been feeling really run down but not as bad as when I was tapering, so that's good. Still doing the 'couple steps forward, one step back' routine. Yippee-kai-yay motherfuckers! :blowme:

As long as it ain't one step forward and two back....you are doing GREAT! Your hard work is paying off and in a few weeks your going to have large moments of somewhat normal timeframes. It won't be until a day or two passes before you think of the shit....you won't wonder if everything is still sub related.

I still don't think you'll have any big issues with Paws.

Go cheeeeeeeezzzzz !! :wired: :cheers: :cheers2: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eyedotz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Holy fucking banana!! X :banana:
.... so fucking awesome dude. The first of very many, I'm sure! It's crazy to think after all that time you're finally here. Have you noticed any changes on the 'good' side yet? I remember the two steps forward and the one step back shit...it eventually evens out. Have you had any natural high moments yet? Does music sound better? Does the air feel crisper? Soooo many good things will come, my friend...and you've earned every moment!

I would also like to extend a thank you to all you twisted fuckers ranting on my thread about Kotex, periods and LOVELY peanut butter eggs (I 100% agree, by the way). You fucking guys are the best... really messed up but you're my kind of people....much love dudes!

Oh ya. I relapsed on ice cream cake. Bastardly Reese's cake at Dairy Queen....I was trapped!
I hope all you dudes are well. I have been so fucking busy at work, I haven't had the energy or drive to respond to the maniacal shitstorm on my thread. Haha! Again, congrats cheeZ....hugs SB and Cheeps!
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Subblind » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:15 am

Hi everyone...hope all is well...shits hitting the fan here work wise too,haven't been on here in too many day myself.
Pain shits been horrific lately too...fucking ultra annoying.anyway everyone have a nice Sunday
Subblind

Postby nomojo3479 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 am

Hell yeah cheeze, congrats on the month. For real I never thought I'd be able to get off the sub.. I've been following ur thread since early February n I've observed while u have done the damn near impossible. Many congrats. I hope it keeps getting better and better for ya..:) ;)
nomojo3479

Previous

Return to Sub Sux