buprenorphine doctors have no soul

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

buprenorphine doctors have no soul

Postby tired and desperate » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi I am brand new to the site ... hello :wave: anyway I was seeing a great doctor for 6 years , it got to be once every other moth I was seeing him and the insurance was covering everything buy $24 a month, so I was set.

Well this May 3 days before my appointment I get a call saying my doctor had died.... omg.... I actually had 5 pills left as I was trying to taper down on my own. So I made 5 pills last 2 weeks ( 8mg pills ) and I thought ok that will be that, well 2-3 days later BAM!!! instant withdrawl, I had some valium, oxy ( 5mg ) gabba pentin. these all helped but tha pain and mental anguish was horrible.

then I get a call from a " new clinic " I called a few weeks before everything seems great oh the accept insurance and all seems rosie, but then I learn ( even with my history of being " clean " for 6 years except bup) the first payment is $575, and appointments after are $275...

I think ok I can do this insurance will cover some and it will be ok, LOL turns out the officer manager is a LIAR and they are making us patients do the insurance reimbursement, which ok I was doing BEFORE, but these quacks at the new office can not even get me a RECEIPT with the codes, tax id #, nsi # ... etc. lol

I finally 1.2 weeks later get a receipt with ONE code lol missing all the other things that she knows I NEED for insurance, THEN they call in the wrong med..... and if you try to call you have to go through the " other office " because his suboxone office is different, seems the right hand knows NOTHING just like the left hand.

NOW to break the camels back today I go in and pay $275 for the usual 5 minute talk. ( was 30-40 min with deceased doctor ) and as I sign the UA paper it says on the bottom "patient blah blah will pay blah blah $300..???? now these fools are charging me $300 for a UA... and not one WORD has been talked about ANY drug test in the 5 minute sessions we have ( that he bills as 30 minutes ). I really want to leave the guys name as this doctor needs to be dis barred I looked up his record and he was on probation through the state recently.
I am at wits end tomorrow I get my months scrip from pharmacy ( thay had to order it ).. I am going to try my own taper schedule . I figure I can make 27 8mg pills last aroud 2.5 months, as 2 mg seems to work just fine.
it is sooo sad I had a caring loving doctor that WAS NOT in it for the money and he died, now I have / had ( as I am done with him) a doctor tha t is in it for the MONEY period. he does not care about anything except his flash BMw he pulls up in and his bank account. I went from being able to pay ALL MY DEBTS with the deceased doctor to now GOING into debt $2,000 for 3 visits and not even 90 pills lol he actually counts the days and if its 27 days that's what I get , not 30.... watch out if you are in Portland Oregon they are all about money and NOT helping you.
tired and desperate

Re: buprenorphine doctors have no soul

Postby tired and desperate » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:46 pm

when I ask for the CODES for insurance and leave a message stating this, wouldn't you all think they could give me what the insurance REQUIRES to make a claim ??? they dragging their feet for a reason, and the tax identification number was like taboo to them , I think they thought I was some stupid redneck.. well I got news for ya dr I know what you are doing !! see regence insurance wont pay UA test, because that should be in the cost of the visit according to them, so he says ok let the patient handle insurance and I can charge what I want. it is like truly THE DEFINITION OF SCAM. I THINK all his 5 star google reviews were made by friend and relatives lol, they guy was on probation through the state medical board for prescribing relatives opioids .

I would love to see my f350 on top of that lil wimpy wann be bmw
tired and desperate

Postby Turnbull » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:07 pm

When I first started shopping for a bupe doctor I discovered that there is lowest common denominator in the medical profession, and most of them are certified to prescribe $uboxone. Seriously, this is where the lowest
of their classes go when they fail to find a decent paying job, or fail to start their own private practice in
their chosen specialty of medicine. I can't seriously believe that some these fucking DIRTBAGS made it
through medical school. One doctor actually told me I wasn't ready to get clean or I didn't want help because
I wouldn't immediately rush to his office with 500 dollars in cash. ("Uh no ASSHOLE, MY PAIN MEDS ARE
FREE, YOU WANT TONS OF CASH, this requires some thought and budgeting, Fuck off")

Luckily I found my sub doctor who, like yours did actually care, and (un)fortunately accepted health insurance.
I never would have gotten on this poison if I had not found him because there's no way
I could have afforded it without insurance flipping the bill. Luckily he was a good guy.

My advice - find another good guy, or taper and get off of it. I wish you the best my friend.
you should have enough to squeak by for a taper, but you must start now. Read everything you can here.
Someone will be along soon to give some taper advice. Unfortunately I can't help with that - I
was one of the unlucky Suboxone cold-turkey victims (a whole another story - my doc had nothing to do with
it) It's a long tough journey but it's worth it. I'm at 8 months, I'm so glad I got off this poison.
Spirit of 69
Sub-Free since Dec 17, 2015
Turnbull

Postby Subblind » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:17 pm

You may want to read my thread to get another perspective on how bad a dr can be...they'll all rot in hell for their crimes against humanity.....I hope!!!!
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:26 am

If you are at 2mgs, you need to consider getting to 1mg. It is totally doable.

You have to make the commitment though. In three weeks you can be on .75 if you can pull up your drawers and drop like I tell you.

Week one 1.5
Week two 1.25
Week three .1.0
Week four .75

Then you can do a very slow taper down to .125 and jump when you run out of bupe.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby tired and desperate » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:02 pm

thank you all for the reply's I really appreciate it !! :clap:

yes I downloaded a taper schedule and taped it to the fridge, and by sep. 28th I should be done.. I hope that is not too fast of a taper.
lol the office manager at this place lead me to believe I would be seen every other month " because of my long history " with the deceased doctor.... BIG LIE.... I truly think this guy is trying to hide the paper trail.. I mean I never even got copies of the original paperwork and I have asked going on 8 times now.

I will never see that doctor again and this taper will be my last go around with bupe..... I am sick of living my life 30 days at a time,

I am going to report this jerk also if a get some HUGE bill for UA'S in the mail... 3 months and I have gotten nothing, but what I saw on Friday sure seemed like I was being charged $300 a pop ( which is NUTS ) , MY OLD DECEASED DOCTOR DID A 12 PANEL DIP TEST cost included in the $140 appointment fee.

I am on 2nd day of taper 2mg a day and all is fine, maybe a little angry just cause of all the stress over this outfit I was going to.

ok good luck people this bupe is the devil in disquise :banghead:
tired and desperate

Postby cheeps » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Stick with it.....tell anxiety to FUKOFF. You Are doing the right thing....you will be back right in a few months. You can do this.

So tell ole Freddy the fucker to kiss your ASS!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby tired and desperate » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:48 am

Well I am 8 days in on a 2mg taper.... and ALL is FINE it really is unreal how LITTLE of an amount of this bupe it takes to " work " . On Tuesday I will go down to 1.5 mg , so I see this going better than my last go round...

I was on 16 mg when my dr died and tried my own taper with 5 pills ... when I went to this new rip off dr I said noooo way I don't want 16 mg I want 8mg .. ( big mistake I could have hoarded them up for a proper taper ), but oh well .
I am amazed I quit smoking cig's in February and still have not picked one up and I drink alcohol MAYBE 2 times a month, am I finally growing up ?? LOL :twisted:
tired and desperate

Postby tired and desperate » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:44 am

well now I am in 10 days and I discovered wonderful KRANTOM ..... it seems to have a very calming effect, last night I tried some and I DID NOT have to take the nightly valium I had been taking since going to 2mg a day, ok good luck ya all
tired and desperate

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:19 am

Be careful with that....it can be a bitch to get off of too. Use sparingly and try not to trade one issue for another. Slow and steady wins this race. Patience!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby tired and desperate » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:43 pm

wow really ? are you speaking from personal experience ? I read about a guy in FORBES who did a trial of krantom and he said it seemed there was no withdrawl to speak of really from not using it.

ya and also I don't plan on using anymore until I am out / done with the bupe I just had to try it and I was surprised at how " good " I felt after 3 teaspoons in my juice.

I will be very careful though now that you have warned me THANKS !! :clap:
tired and desperate

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:53 pm

There are peeps here with experience on the stuff. It just depends how you use it. I find it loosens me up but after being warned by the good folks here, I haven't made it a habit.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby tired and desperate » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:08 am

well I am on day 12 of 2mg and I am starting to feel a little ..... blah ? sort of sick this morning a little bit. I guess my body is finally adjusting too JUST 2mg.... matter a fact I supposed to go to 1.5 today lol I almost forgot.....it all seems to being go OK Though much better than last time when I had 5 pills and had been on 16mg daily and then my doctor dies 3 days before my appointment and I tried to taper on 5 pills.. wow that was a nightmare.
tired and desperate

Postby cheeps » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 am

I think you'll do so much better this time....amazing what those fucks don't tell you....right? Just have patience and write this shit down.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Sub zero » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Sort of the same thing happened to me. I pulled up in the empty parking lot one day and discovered that my doctors office had been shut down. The local newspaper published an article stating that he had been raided by the pharmacy board. I called another local sub doc and he agreed to take me...but said since I was a new patient he'd have to charge me the $500 induction fee....COCKSUCKER :evil: ....despite the fact that I'd already been on Sub for over a year at that point. He acted like it was the rules...that he had no choice. It's all about the money
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby tired and desperate » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:30 pm

ya I had to pay $575 !!! for " induction " lol and was told by the office manager " with my history of being on it for 6 years the doctor would MOST LIKELY see me every other month "..... LOL that didn't happen, because as you said it is ALL about the money with these people.

its day 16 and I really cant tell if I am taking 1.5 or 2mg lol its hard to be axact and still be able to suck on the dam pill......

at this rate the 30 pills will last me MONTHS so yes I think the withdrawl will be much less . And the fact I went and bought $200 fworth of krantom :wired:
tired and desperate

Postby tired and desperate » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:45 pm

UNREAL.... I find about Krantom a few weeks ago and now the bull!@#t DEA is making it illegal ?? wtf is wrong with this country ? big pharma is out of control and many many people will die I suspect from krantom being banned... :banghead:
tired and desperate

Postby cheeps » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 pm

tired and desperate wrote:UNREAL.... I find about Krantom a few weeks ago and now the bull!@#t DEA is making it illegal ?? wtf is wrong with this country ? big pharma is out of control and many many people will die I suspect from krantom being banned... :banghead:

Yes...it's the DE fucking A being dickheads....many peeps will suffer needlessly. :gaah: :gaah:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby tired and desperate » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Well I am on day 45 of my bupe taper and I am down to 1mg daily and it really has been a LOT LESS painful then I thought I am actually shocked I feel as good as I do....
I still have enough for a month or more ( I sort of modified my taper to fit me ) if that makes sense.

I have all the comfort things ready and stock piled for the days when I go to ZERO bupe..... I cant wait I am sooooooo tired of this s!@#

I have already saved $575 buy not going to the rip off con man doctor... thank god he turned out to be a douche .. it gave me the courage to finally do a taper and start the road to quitting.

good luck to you all :thumbup:
tired and desperate

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Hey there...I was wondering how you are...if you still are on bupe? Hope all is well.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Sub Sux