This is my Taper Story - Eyedotz

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: This is my Taper Story - Eyedotz

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:27 am

cheeps wrote:Ok...I've got it...shoes that are eastern nc BBQ pork colored....a dusky mauve with light cocoa and pinky wallpaper. Throw on a few crushed red pepper flakes....and that is what matches a vagina suit!

Damn Cheeps, you should put out a book of poems filled with such descriptive imagery. That 'crushed red pepper flakes' got me good. :shock: :lol:
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Eyedotz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Bumping... it's been a while.

Hey suboxone, do you miss my money?
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:37 am

It's so nice to read this thread... any thread where sub loses is a winner to me. For quite a few years I just thought it was impossible to get off... so it's pretty awesome to read about people who beat that gorilla off there back.
nomojo3479

Postby Eyedotz » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:32 pm

BUMP

Eyedotz

Postby Lucy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Glad you bumped this thread up. I'm slowly making my way through the threads and it is comforting and inspiring to read about your successful journey. I'm learning so much from everyone's story here.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Eyedotz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Bumping this shit up A-GAIN so the newbs can find it.
~dotz

Eyedotz

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Hello Eyedotz. Ive read both your threads. I just wanted to say thank you. I'm currently at .43mg 2 x a day after many years on subs, as high as 16mg, as low as .5. Mostly hovered around 2mg a day for all that time but had my ups and downs. Anyway, your story has been instrumental in my getting down to where I am now. Slow and steady, small drops. Thats my plan. I'm 60 years old, been on this ride for 30 years. One Opiate or another with 6 years of clean time in the middle. 6 years i fucked up and so, wound up on subs. I'm trying to find the strength to overcome my fears about this taper. Reading stories like yours seem to be a big help. I'm rambling so I'll stop now. Again, thanks.

Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Hey dotz,
I read your entire other thread and don't know how i missed this summary, but this is the most inspiring sub story I've ever read and I've read lots!!! Just wanted to say I'm grateful I had a chance to read this!!!Thanks
Wannabe
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby Eyedotz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Thanks you guys...I try to bump it up to the top of the threads every now and then...I’m glad I can inspire you guys to keep going. It is completely possible for you to achieve your goal. You are doing great and someday you’ll be in my shoes showing others the way! Hugs dudes!

Eyedotz

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:58 am

Hey Eyedotz I was just looking at some of your posts on my thread going back a few months and every comment you made was spot on. How life treating you on the other side?
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby Mare » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Hey Dots,
New girl here on SS but I've been reading a lot. Kept seeing your replies of other people's threads and got curious because it seemed like you really know your stuff and people love and respect you here... Glad I looked you up because this story was hugely eye opening for me. I'm definitely gonna try to start doing some smaller, calculated bumps down once I reach 2mg. Thank you so much for this summary of your journey down to 0. It's inspiring and honest and I've gained some hope in the matter. Gonna keep my level of acceptance for the process in check for sure. Heading to your post-jump thread to catch up on the aftermath.

I know it's been said, but thank you so much. As someone who has only recently committed to the long road of tapering, I can't express how grateful I am for this post. Truly enlightening. A New York Times Bestseller of a post. Will be coming back to read again when I need some inspiration or if I'm feeling like taking too big of a leap down the road.

Mare
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:24 am

Hey Mare,
Nice to meet you and thank you.... haha, it’s funny... I just PM’d you welcoming you to the site and noticed you left a note on my thread. Weird. Anyway, I’m glad my story had an effect on you. I just passed the 20 month mark and doing very well. PAWS was a dirty bitch but I’ve finally adjusted to a normal state emotional/physical state. I would’ve expected no less being on maintainence opies for 20 years...I’m here if you need me.... all you newbs.

Eyedotz

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:04 am

Hey dotz, I'm about to round the 6 month mark and I'm finally getting some real emotional/mental stability. I never felt like a trainwreck but some of the thoughts I had in the last 6 months were questionable at best, very vulnerable too. Does it just get better from here in that aspect? Memory is getting better too, I know my memory is on point when I get that deja-vu feeling, but it's few and far between. Is this just how it goes from now on? Really slow, might get some back, might not? Or can I still expect a steady incline even if it's a really small rate?
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby Mare » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:13 am

Thanks Dotz. Wrote a reply on my phone but it died! Will try again soon lol. I'm working my way through your jump thread slowly but surely. Thanks for all the great posts offering hope to myself and others.

Congratulations on your 20 months!!

Mare

Postby boldlygo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 pm

Eyedotz wrote:The long term side effects I was struggling with were taking a toll. I did not sneeze for 12 years, no sex drive, memory issues, sugar cravings galore, didn’t want social contact, didn’t want to go outside, I hated music or anything related, slept too much and overall I wasn’t satisfied with my life.

Thank you for such a wonderful and inspiring post! My husband is currently tapering and I read your post to him and he couldn't believe how much he saw himself in your words. Everything you described right there is him. Even up to the not sneezing. That's what really got him, he started laughing and asked me to respond to your thread. He never knew not sneezing could be a side effect. He just thought he "grew out" of sneezing... for a decade.
boldlygo

Postby Eyedotz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 am

Haha! Yeah I gotta say the inability to sneeze was strange, to say the least. Well I’m glad to say since I got sub out of my system, I sneeze like a normal human being again. I told my sub doctor years ago how I couldn’t sneeze and he just brushed it off and said it’s not related. It took me a long time to find others that couldn’t sneeze. That’s how powerful sub is and how misunderstood the side effects are to the medical community. Some people can still sneeze but there are others, like us, who cannot.

I’m glad you guys found us. Your husband should create a thread of his own for his taper. It helps more than you know. Hell, I’m 20 months off and I still come back here. Anyway, welcome to the site and I’m glad he could relate to my story!

Eyedotz

Postby Mare » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say I've become hyper-aware of my inability to sneeze after reading this. I know I've noticed it, and I know I've had a few very rare sneezing fits of like 5 or so in a row sometime in the past few years, but other than that it's just not there! The worst thing is feeling like you have to sneeze and then it just rapidly dissipates. I try to pretend it didn't happen so I don't think about it, like when you walk into a bathroom someone just blew up.. or cutting into a piece of pot roast that has a cow artery. Wait... what the fuck was I talking about? Ew.

Anyways, can't wait to sneeze again. One day...

Mare

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Cow artery? Shit, I thought I was the only weirdo that noticed that....naaaasty!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Sub Sux