Eyedotz Taper I jumped!

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Eyedotz Taper I jumped!

Postby Eyedotz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:39 pm

:D Hi, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents here. I've been lurking on this forum a while and this is my first post.

I've been on subs almost 13 years and over the past 9 months I've done a very slow/low taper (strips are helpful but liquid taper should be the same). I am stabilized on .06mg (once per day). I've successfully dropped and 10% increments all the way down to .12 mg and then just cut it in half. I dropped my dose every 10 days to two weeks. I did split dosing up until I switched to .06 mg per day. When you're on such a low dose you definitely feel withdrawals quite early. At this point my taper I feel no affects other then lessoned withdrawal symptoms. For the past week i've been trying to push the hours beyond once a day. I seem to get to 36 hours and have immense burning in my legs and it renders me unable to sleep. I will keep going. There comes a point when my body will just adjust to it.

I've also heard people crushing up their pills and making even piles and dosing that way. Trust me, when you're as low as I am you will feel flakes of dust. You just have to taper down. The pieces of strip that I take now are the size of two eyelashes. It will be getting smaller.

I agree with some of the posters about learning to hate it. Not necessarily the sub but the chains you have to it. You have to stop thinking of it as a reward system… how low do you plan on tapering? I guess that would tell you to if split dosing will still work 'for now'. Split dosing can be helpful if you doing it to remove withdrawal symptoms…you don't want to take it just to get a boost. In my case, it worked right up until .06 mg because I thought sleep during my taper was more important than once a day dosing. You'll know when once a day works for you.

I know a lot of people think that tapering to .01 mg is ridiculous but it's working for me. Being on it 13 years I'm the guinea pig of guinea pigs (in my opinion)... I'm trying to see if I can avoid the larger part of paws.... It's been a long time suffering but it's gotten easier under .75 mg. I wish you luck my friend …… Let me know if you have any questions!
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Re: Taper advice for losedose bupe

Postby cheeps » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Hey eyedotz, you have a good story so I just have a question....the .06.... Shouldn't that be .6 instead...I'm just checking because you have done this the right way.....I see that a few muscle relaxers would help you over come th e burning legs or some neurontin. Because if that's something that is keeping you from walking off....it can be taken care of....but hey, do what is right for you. I'm very impressed at your diligence and welcome you to town.

If you search sindysuns "jump" thread...you can probably relate to it. Withthelightsout is almost ready to get off this shit, y'all need to become jump buddies....helps with accountability. Besides having a person know exactly how you feel. :banghead: :gaah: :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:19 am

Yes cheeps....06mg not .6. Yep crazy I know. .03 in a couple more days. I do have a muscle relaxer called tizanidine but it really didn't help. It made my body relax by my legs were still zapping. Worst part for me but like every other symptom ....they all eventually subside. I'm gonna to try stretching out time again and trying some good weed vapes instead. I guess I'll see how it works. I've already read sindysuns entire thread after I saw the one year post... I'll be sure to check out the other...I'm thinking I have 2 weeks maybe 3 tops left. I just want the real fun to begin...(sarcasm). Sucks I can't miss any work....low and slow will have to do.

Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:42 am

Eyedotz....I think you'll be ok....really....look up cbt self help.....and think positively and read don pistos thread.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: Eyedotz Taper

Postby Bupepoop » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:42 am

Very impressive work Eyedotz! Your a 13 year sub user and you tapered down to .06 and that's just incredible. Much respect to you. Keep kicking ass.
Bupepoop

Postby WithTheLightsOut » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Eyedotz wrote:Yes cheeps....06mg not .6. Yep crazy I know. .03 in a couple more days. I do have a muscle relaxer called tizanidine but it really didn't help. It made my body relax by my legs were still zapping. Worst part for me but like every other symptom ....they all eventually subside. I'm gonna to try stretching out time again and trying some good weed vapes instead. I guess I'll see how it works. I've already read sindysuns entire thread after I saw the one year post... I'll be sure to check out the other...I'm thinking I have 2 weeks maybe 3 tops left. I just want the real fun to begin...(sarcasm). Sucks I can't miss any work....low and slow will have to do.

If you have 2-3 weeks left, you and I really will have very close "jump" dates. I won't be able to get down as low as you have ... .06 is impressive, btw. Does that amount even make a difference when you take it? Once I hit .4MG daily a few days ago, I began to notice the brain fog and lethargy pretty strong (still do). And that was at .2MG in the AM and the same in the PM. I've had the same feeling at similar reductions (below 2MG and again below 1MG, if memory serves), but it felt more intense this time. At least, I think it did.

I did take a 50mg tramadol pill this afternoon that I was given post car accident. I didn't want to, but I felt like I needed something, and I wasn't about to raise my sub dose. The tramadol helped a little bit. It definitely took the edge off, if nothing else, but they aren't something that I want to take much of considering they are an opiate too. Just to be on the safe side, I gave the bottle to my wife to put away, with the instructions, "only give me one if I tell you that I am really hurting". Even then, I told her to try and push me to reconsider, if possible.

I have a question for ANYONE:

Early in February, I went to my GP and I let her know that i was in the process of coming off subs. I asked if she would script me gabba. She said that she would, but she wanted me to be off subs before doing so because she was concerned with the gabba / subs interaction. As i mentioned earlier in my thread, she is a nice lady, and by her own admission, not familiar with addiction, subs, etc. She asked me to come back on March 1st. I told her I should be done by that time. Long story short, i have just over an 8MG sub remaining.

ANYWAY, almost 2 weeks ago, I was rear ended pretty good in a car accident. As a result, I was sent to a PM doctor, who ended up scripting me Ibuprofen 800MG and tramadol. Obviously, this incident happened after my last visit with my GP.

So, tomorrow is my follow-up appointment with my GP. Would it be wrong (or viewed as wrong by pharmacy standards) if i were to go in and get the gabba script from my GP, given that i was recently scripted tramadol by a PM doc? Obviously, i would tell her that I'm just about done with subs, but if I mention that I was scripted tramadol, I don't know that she would script me gabba (or Lyrica) in conjunction or not. Personally, I have my doubts.

Would this be perceived as "doctor shopping" or considered ethically wrong? Truthfully, based on cheeps and other's advice, I'd rather have the gabba moreso than the tramadol. Thoughts? How would you guys handle? I'm not "trying" do anything wrong, but I'd like to get a script of gabba, if I could, and my next PM doc appt isn't until 3/15.

Should i still go and see my GP tomorrow?
"Jumped" March 14, 2016 from 0.2mg.
WithTheLightsOut

Postby WithTheLightsOut » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:32 pm

WithTheLightsOut

Postby cheeps » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:05 am

I personally would not say anything about what you had...just ask for the gaba. The tramadol is an opiate, the gaba is not....you shouldnt need it for very long.

Try and stay away from the opies as it might drag out wds.... and Don't fear the wds....you are in control of what you take, comfort meds should be taken sparingly anyway.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eyedotz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:51 am

To answer your question before.... I've been tapering for almost 9 months. I was originally on 4-6mg per day. Once I decided....I just got serious about taper. Oh the tapering plans I envisioned....totally went out the window. I never really used a 'schedule' per say, just kind of let it unwind from my system. Besides the idea of jumping in the middle of a Maine winter sounded terrible so I thought heading into spring would be best.

I'm actually heading to my primary care tomorrow to see them about a dry cough that's popped up in the past week. It almost feels like asthma but is everyday all day... Not 'attacks'. Maybe allergy? No clue. When I go I'm going to inform them of my taper. My addiction docs office closed (that's what made me decide to quit) so I've been on my own since and I'm fine with that. I may ask them what to do about the burning restless feeling at night. At this point... I've only taken mostly Motrin. I just want to get through it as natural as possible. I can deal all day with symptoms but man... When the lights go out. Urgh.

As far as the size of my dose it's about the size of 2 eyelashes stuck together. Having the 2 mg strips have been great for tapering for sure. If I had only pills I would've done liquid taper. YES I do feel it. It settles the burning and restlessness because I take dose at midnight so I can sleep 4-5 hours. 5 hour energys are the bomb. I'm not a fan of energy drinks either (makes you feel bloated) and coffee makes w/d worse (at least for me but I do have a single cup in the am). 5 hours have 1 cup of coffee equivalent and 5000 times daily b vitamins so it's really nothing bad. Tastes like shit though... Gotta shoot it with chaser. Well worth it... Try it, you'll feel like a new man!

Thank u to mod for starting my own thread. I wasn't really planning on it yet but what the hell? It can only help others!

One other thing I noticed about getting under .5 mg....80% of tapering w/d symptoms have dissipated. I'm completely fine during the day (until bedtime) and don't even think about taking more to feel better. I had a deep Lower backache for most of taper under 2 mg - .75 mg but it's completely gone now. I really think was much harder back then. I'm also sneezing again. I did not sneeze once in over 12 years... I'm up to 42. (Stupid to count I know...can't help it!). The ONE new change I did notice.... Being bored. I am NOT used to that. Taking sub takes your mind from being bored to 'Jesus, it's great to be bored'. Very strange new thought process for me. I've been a recluse and anti-social for so long now it's a bit scary to have to entertain yourself. Anyway, totally didn't mean to write a novel but I did. I post on a couple other forums as well so lurkers may have seen me there as well. Goodnight everyone!

Eyedotz

Postby WithTheLightsOut » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:34 am

Eyedotz wrote:
One other thing I noticed about getting under .5 mg....80% of tapering w/d symptoms have dissipated. I'm completely fine during the day (until bedtime) and don't even think about taking more to feel better. I had a deep Lower backache for most of taper under 2 mg - .75 mg but it's completely gone now. I really think was much harder back then. I'm also sneezing again. I did not sneeze once in over 12 years... I'm up to 42. (Stupid to count I know...can't help it!). The ONE new change I did notice.... Being bored. I am NOT used to that. Taking sub takes your mind from being bored to 'Jesus, it's great to be bored'. Very strange new thought process for me. I've been a recluse and anti-social for so long now it's a bit scary to have to entertain yourself. Anyway, totally didn't mean to write a novel but I did. I post on a couple other forums as well so lurkers may have seen me there as well. Goodnight everyone!

I can DEFINITELY relate to your comments about subs making you content with being bored and anti-social. I knew that I had become more reclusive in recent years, but guess I didn't care while on higher MGs of subs. Once I started getting below 1MG or so, it became even clearer to me just how anti-social that I've become, if that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is, while I didn't seem to care before, I look at it now and think, "damn, I've really pissed away a lot of time doing nada" (aside from working). Being content with zoning out on the net while I should have been taking my daughter to the park. Things like that.
WithTheLightsOut

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:51 am

Just a quick update. I'm currently on my 2nd day of .04 mg. I'm still trying to push the hours between dosing as my little strip sliver gets smaller and smaller.

I went to my primary care and explained to her about the taper and the burning issue that I get when I reach 26-36 hours. She prescribed me amitriptyline .25mg. I really did not like the idea of taking an antidepressant at this time. I did not take any but still have it in my back pocket for ER's.

Dr is not very knowledgeable about sub (obviously. When I said I'll be 'jumping' soon she had no idea what I was talking about...Jumping? AND when I told her I was on .06 mg she didn't flinch....and knowledgeable doc would have made some comment like 'really .06mg?').

I had her give me a requip script....I tried it one night but didn't feel any different (I know your supposed to keep taking it for it to work). After reading about it online...it scared the shit out of me. My brain is royally f'd from dopamine issues so the idea of flooding it with a dopamine agonist does not sound good. Anyway, that's where I am now. I'm still tapering albeit slowly. I am determined to just MAKE my body adjust to the uncomfortable feelings. Every comfort med has the tendency to have scary ass side-effects.

I also had them run a blood panel on me. I am 100% in normal range for thyroid, electrolytes and blood count. I have been trying to work out 4-5 days a week with heavy cardio and taking thyroid support supplement, 5 hour energy, vitamins, L-tyrosine and magnesium. I think all this has increased my thyroid activity. Yay!
I'll check back in a couple of days with updates. Hang in there pals!

Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Sounds like you are on the right path...if you can continue....you'll have no need for any meds. If you do feel the need for something just use some Imodium at triple the dose. You only want to use it a week or two and only every other day. No need to get stopped up. If you use it, buy some plain stool softeners to take also. Imodium helps with overall burning, heebie jeebies, racing thoughts CNS shit.

Go eyedotz...you got dis!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eyedotz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Hey guys, I figured I'd throw out a quick update.

I was on .03 for about 4 days. Last night I decided to toss another shot at skipping. I kept getting stuck at 32 hours because of the endless burning sensations. For the past week and a half (.04 mg and .03mg) I've basically had the burning feeling all day anyway...I kind of got used to it so I actually FUCKING did it. Almost 48 hours (2 hours short). I think getting 'used' to the uncomfortable feeling helped me with the shitty mental aspect of the shittiness.

Here's the thing. I really don't feel any different then if I did take it last night. Sleep was a bit weird but I did sleep 4-5 and took an hour nap today. I feel a 'little' bit more tired but somehow more determined. I had this weird yawning then sneezing right after thing. Weird. The thing about sneezing for me is special because during the entire 12 year maintenance time I did not sneeze once. Doctor told me it was all in my head and it wasn't the sub. Guess what. It was. I knew it... I counted them for a while up to about 50 (they started slowly coming with taper) but now at probably at 90+... really weird side effect for me.

Anyway, I keep having this fleeting (or not so much) thought that I should keep going....It's really hard saying it out loud to you guys because I don't want to feel like a failure for not tapering lower (ha ha right?) if I can't yet. I have not had 2 days clean of any substances in over 25 years.... Something about that feels fucking great! I'll keep you peeps in the loop with my decision but for now...I 'think' I might just try for 72.

Thanks for being my sounding board!

Only comfort meds...Ibuprofen and 5mg melatonin before bed.

Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Eyedotz....the next few days will test you and test you like hell....hot showers, Imodium, drink lots of water to flush the shit out of your system.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby WithTheLightsOut » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Eyedotz - good to hear from you. Your taper to .03 is impressive .. Congratulations on making it to nearly 48 hours! That is a significant accomplishment, especially after 25 years!

It sounds like our sleep routine, or lack thereof, is similar. I jumped 6 days ago now and I haven't had more than 4-5 hours of broken sleep per night since. I was only sleeping about 5 hours per night pre-jump. I took my first 2 hour "nap" today. I usually don't like to take mid-day naps, but as of late, I'll take whatever I can get.

ALSO, 4-5 times per day, I am experiencing these crazy sneezing fits that you are speaking of. Sometimes I'll sneeze up to 7-8 times in a row. Crazy - and somewhat embarrassing when in public!

Congrats and good luck again with whatever you decide. Before you know it, it will be 72 hours since your last sub dose, then 96 hours, then 5 days, etc. etc. etc.
WithTheLightsOut

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:57 am

Thanks guys! Successfully made it through night 2 without. I slept probably 6 hours...it was broken but I was able to fall back asleep anyway. It's almost 60 hours. I really think getting 'used' to the burning crappy feeling was spot on and helped immensely dealing with anxiety....I bought these special headphones you wear while sleeping and I listen to tropical thunder storms or sleep music. It keeps 'panic' thoughts out of my head while trying to sleep. Seems to work pretty well.

However, I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know there is a long ass half life to deal with but .03mg??? Will it really be so bad? At this point I can't see myself going back to tapering. I'll give this a week and get rid of meds. I will not keep them here.

It seems that the taper may have felt worse than the jump. Other than feeling sweaty.... I actually feel better then I have in months. I know. This will change.... I'll have to deal with mental changes. For now I'm ok which is awesome because I need to work full-time and can't miss (one of the biggest reasons I tapered so slow).

I'll check in later! Glad your doing ok lightsout! Did the other shoe ever drop for you? What day of so?

Still no comfort meds for me!

Eyedotz

Postby WithTheLightsOut » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:57 am

Eyedotz - I'm really glad to hear you say that you intend to continue with your "jump". If I can make it to 7 days, YOU certainly can too. Believe me, I have a very addictive personality and I'm just a wuss in general. :)

In regard to your question about whether the shoe ever dropped, I can answer by saying that it is comparable to what many others before us have stated. You get your mix of the bad and not so bad. On Day 4, I felt pretty good all day, however; DAY 5 & 6 were hard(er). With that said, at no point has anything become "un-managebale" within the past 1 week (today). Fully EXPECT that you won't feel 'good' the majority of the time, but at the same time, I've never found myself in a fetal position, praying for death, LUCKILY (kind of like what the oxy withdrawals would bring on for me). - And believe me, I completely understand not being able to miss a lot of work for this. Just so you know, I haven't missed any days ... AND I even had a 45 minute f2f meeting with my boss this past Friday. You CAN do it too AND you WILL be just fine.

I am happy to say that I actually slept for 6 consecutive hours last night. I probably haven't done that in 2 weeks or more. I even had a 2 hour "nap" just 6 hours before I slept for another 6 hours last night. With that said, I won't be surprised if I'm back to 4-5 broken hours tonight. We'll see, I guess.

The fact that you tapered down to .03mg will be very helpful to you, IMO. I jumped at almost 10X that amount (0.2mg), and that still seems to be considered low by most people's standards.

Honestly, I believe that you ARE going to do this and you WILL be just fine (remember what I said about me being a wuss). IF at any point you find yourself struggling with anything, please consider getting 1 or 2 comfort meds (ex. gaba, Imodium) before considering using subs again. The comfort meds, especially the gaba, has been very helpful to me. I can't emphasize this enough. I've already began reducing certain comfort meds too.

Congratulations again! You are doing GREAT ... and you WILL be just fine! (Keep us posted) ..
WithTheLightsOut

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Hey Mods!

Can you change my thread title from Eyedotz taper to 'Eyedotz Taper (I JUMPED)'? I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

67 hours in! Still going strong! :MrT:

Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Eyedotz wrote:Hey Mods!

Can you change my thread title from Eyedotz taper to 'Eyedotz Taper (I JUMPED)'? I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

67 hours in! Still going strong! :MrT:

Hang in there....drink water.....I changed the title, maybe it will stick!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: Eyedotz Taper I jumped!

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Sweet thanks Cheeps... I knew you guys could do it! I'm doing just fine here in the honeymoon stage. Yes, water and power-aids!

Eyedotz

Next

Return to Sub Sux