SUB WD IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: SUB WD IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!

Postby amery2u » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 am

Turbo,

You are AMAZING..... 18 HOLES? Wow. I used to Caddy for my bro-in-law back in the day. I can't play worth a shit, but for the driving range, but I sure could Caddy!!!!!!

The night I've had, if somebody gave me a pitching wedge they better give me some KY jelly or lube up!!

Yeah, we ARE a bunch of knuckleheads, but you are at the right place at the right time!!!! Yuppers' tale tops them all, but YEAH about the CDL and loading docks and such.. except tonight. Shit went "wrong" if you wanna read my thread. It happens.

If you feel "off" about something, don't go there. I learned that TODAY. / well tonight / aka this morning.

Two weeks is HUGE and it was a MILESTONE for me; I finally started going to soccer games and feeling "okay" with being out-and-about. Like Yuppers (and everyone who's posted, which is AWESOME, BTW PEEPS!) THE OTHER SIDE IS SOOOOOOO WORTH IT.

YUP, i know i gotta stop by your thread, but i'm getting sleepy..... missing the hubby..... JUST HERE TO SHARE THE LOVE!

AND ... ON ONE FINAL NOTE, its totally AMAZING to enjoy the sunrise, even IF YOU ARE sleep-deprived! I started sleeping NORMAL right around the two-week mark, if that's any consolation to you . . . . and then, there's these weird "trucker hours" that'll mess it UP anyways! Once you get back to sleeping normal, things get WAY easier. Good for you on the vitamites, etc!~!!!

Wishing you well,
Stay in the game! (Par 72 lol)
Anne :)
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 pm

quick update,

i took today off from my classes because i was a sleepless-wreck this morning. my acute symptoms are slowly going away, but i am still having a lot of trouble sleeping so i emailed my professors and told them i was under the weather the last week or so and thats why i would be missing class (instead of showing up, falling asleep in class, and pissing off my professors). i did not do much today, but i worked out REALLY hard yesterday/last night and that wore me out. my stomach issues are getting better - i was able to eat a lot the last couple of days and that is very encouraging. i am continuing to intake lots of water and vitamins, work out/run everyday, or at least every other day, and i am staying positive. i am looking forward to the future and i am happy that things are beginning to turn around for me. i am looking forward to getting some sleep tonight - wish me luck! yup, cheeps, anne, mano, don pisto, mags, CTcheryl, iwantout, syd, RC, spiritual high, and everyone else on here - thank you so much for your posts and encouragement - you guys are keeping me strong. i really see how close this community is, and that gives me hope for humanity. you guys all truly care. i am going to check out some others threads to see what everyone is up to - have a good night folks..

-turbo
turbo

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Turbo.....I was wondering when you'd miss class. Shit.....I'm still impressed as hell!!! I'd have been squalling for the last week! I hope the profs cut you some slack....can you get any comfort meds?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:13 pm

cheeps,

yeah i couldn't force myself to class today, but my professors all said they would cut me slack so thats good. i am considering going back to my doctor to ask for some comfort meds to help me get some sleep; the loperamide isn't cutting it. i got done exercising for a solid half-hour on my spin-bike just now. i decided that i needed to make-up for missing class and just sitting around on my ass today. i went as hard as i could on a super-high resistance level and my legs are killing me, but i am hoping i exhausted myself enough to get some sleep. :deadhorse: i have one of those jumping nerves in my arm that i get when i don't get enough sleep. i am thinking about asking for some valium or xanax and a muscle-relaxer. which muscle relaxer did you use cheeps? i am also out of clonidine, but i heard it is habit-forming? i don't want another withdrawal on top of this one. anyways get back to me when you can.

-turbo
turbo

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:14 pm

You could stand about two weeks of night time benzo use but flexiril, a powerful muscle relaxer might do you better. The ten mg pill needs to be split in half though. If that doesn't work then go the full ten, it all depends on how sensitive you are to it. Drs often give out the ten mg strength to peeps for muscle spasms, they take one and it knocks them out for 12 hours.

Benzos, while great for at least six hours, tend to give you a groggier head. I'd take a flex over a Valium any day of the week. Much less chance of addiction and more bang for the buck. I think a dr would be more likely to prescribe....especially if yu tell them that you are having tics and cramps.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:22 pm

cheeps,

good to know. i am making an appointment tomorrow - hopefully they will work me in. i will ask for flexiril. i am not sure why the nerves in my arm are constantly jumping, but i know it is related to the no sleep and possibly the sub withdrawal as well. thanks for the info.

-turbo
turbo

Postby yup. » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Turbo,

I had the jimmy legs sometimes when I was going through the acute phase. I had a few Valium’s that I would break into quarters or halves and take those but I didn’t want to substitute one addiction for another. Thankfully, I’ve never been a big benzo fan (they make me feel weird) but they did help me get rest sometimes. It’s possible the arm spasms are just a side effect from kicking subs. Hopefully it’ll go away. I’ve taken Flexaril before a few times years back and Cheeps is right: taking a full pill knocked me out.

Just say on course and you’ll get through this. It does get better even though it doesn’t seem like it at the moment. It just takes time and impatience is one of the biggest things that I struggled with. Hell, I’m still struggling with it. Just find something to keep you occupied (like Final Fantasy) and keep moving around. I remember cleaning dead leaves and branches off my roof after about three weeks off subs and it kicked my ass but I was glad I did it. I felt like I just ran a marathon when all I did was use a push broom to push leaves into my yard but energy and motivation were in short supply at that point. That stuff returns and you have to work at it but when you start feeling around 50%-75% again you’ll realize that this isn’t an eternal battle, at least physically.

Remember, you’re doing the right thing and don’t lose sight of that. Sometimes things seem bleak but they do improve. I’m proud of you for making it this far. :-)
Off subs since 3/25/15
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks
yup.

Postby amery2u » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Hiya, Turbo!

Hope this finds you a bit better today~!!!! Did you get worked in to your dr's yet? I took flexeril also, but by the time I got them it was later in the game, yet they DID help with the RLS and just sleep overall. The sleep issues will become nonexistent before long, and you won't even REMEMBER how it felt to NOT sleep, you'll be LOVING TO!~

Yup is totally spot-on, he and I are in this boat together (or life-raft, should I say?) as we are around the same time jumping off. His presence here is amazing...eh? So well-spoken, as are you!!!!!!

Lastly, THANK YOU so much for the post in my thread; that really means a lot to me. I'm a Sagittarius thru and thru, and Type-A personality, on top of that! It helps me to help others (or at least to "think" that I am, LoL!) Me jumping around and posting on the active threads to those of you that are "coming up the ranks, if you will," REALLY helps me keep MY sanity, and my state of presence as to where I've been and where I am going.

I appreciate your kind words, and wish you the best~ it gets better Day by Day, Hour by Hour. Your professors will appreciate the "real you," I'm sure!

Hugs, and ttys!
amery2u

Postby turbo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:08 am

welp,

three am in the morning and im still struggling to sleep. i have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so hopefully i will be able to get ahold of some comfort meds to help with that. i am doing ok besides the no sleeping issues - i am running everyday and staying healthy. i still have some body temp issues but i can get through those - they are a lot less frequent and thats a big improvement comparably. this last week i have been looking for a new job because my current boss and co-workers are not people i want to be around anymore. they have such a horrible outlook on life, and it is starting to rub off on me. i have a possible opportunity to get a job at a place that is more in line with what i am doing in grad school so i am excited for that. i am going to try and get some sleep, i just wanted to give you guys an update and let you know I'm still alive and kicking - keep on rocking cheeps, yup, and anne!

-turbo
turbo

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:25 am

Turbo....good luck today at the dr. If you can get the sleep resolved....you can do this. You have a shit load of life to live sub free and I want you to do it. Hope you can change jobs too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby yup. » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Turbo,

After kicking subs I realized what shits my employers are. I knew this before but didn’t care – I was on opiates and coasting through life. Now that I have my emotions back to where they should be I’m more attentive and really despise them. I feel like they’re amoral, racist, sexist pieces of shit that would punch an old man in the face if it meant they’d make a dollar. Unfortunately, I rely on them for my daily bread at the moment so I suck it up and keep going. I can’t wait until I’m at six months off subs because I’m going to start shopping my resume around and see what happens.

I’m sorry you’re sleeping terribly. That was the one lingering symptom that pissed me off the most. I was up with the sun for a very long time and it pissed me off to no end. Just remember that that does pass and you’ll start sleeping well again soon. I hope the doctor can give you some decent comfort meds and you can get a good night sleep. People not going through this don’t understand the value of solid sleep and even I took it for granted until it was absent. I’ll just tell you that Ambien isn’t worth a damn, or at least it wasn’t for me when I took one during the acute phase. I slept for about six hours and woke up feeling like shit. If you’re a light sleeper already I’d suggest earplugs and if you don’t mind it get one of those sleep masks. It helped a little. The earplugs were the biggest relief because I’d throw on one of those sleep videos from YouTube or a video with 10 hours of rain, put in the plugs, and drift off. It didn’t work every time but it did help.

I hope you’re feeling better. Keep running, drinking water (in excess), and stick with vitamins. I started adding in amino acids and I think they helped. I stopped taking them about a month ago and I still feel pretty good but supposedly they help with the process. There’s a ton of them and you don’t need to take that many but there’s a few that’ll help. I’ll post what I was taking later and there’s a thread on here somewhere that talks about them. :-)
Off subs since 3/25/15
yup.

Postby amery2u » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:56 pm

TURBO . . . ITS TOMORROW....

https://youtu.be/uAE6Il6OTcs

what's up?~?

HUGS always,
Anne~
amery2u

Postby turbo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:59 pm

hey cheeps, yup, and anne,

i had a good day today. i got some comfort meds from my doctor on friday (trazadone and flexiril) so i was FINALLY able to get some quality sleep! it felt amazing. i feel like a new person. my doctor wanted to put me on seroquel, but i have done some research on that stuff and did not want to be on such a strong medication just for sleeping issues (it is a heavy anti-psychotic - plus it can be habit-forming). i ran five fast miles on friday, and today i went to the store with my dad, helped him hang some pictures in my house, and then i did three hours of serious yardwork in the blistering humidity so i am worn out, but worn out in a good way. i love the feeling of putting in a sober hard days work, it really is a turning point for me. i didn't feel bad at all today, so i must be turning a corner on this withdrawal. staying busy really helps. one of the people i used to get sub from called me today trying to sell me some, BUT I SAID NO WAY JOSE! I'm done with sub. there is no way in hell i will start this process over - I MADE IT THREE WEEKS OFF SUB! YES! :D i never thought i would get here - wow! you guys have helped me so much! i couldn't have done it without your support! i am smiling the biggest, stupidest grin right now as i type this - and i wouldn't trade it for anything. i hope everyone stays safe over the long weekend - i am going to my parents house for a BBQ with the family on labor day - and ill be sober (well i might have a couple of beers :lol: ). happy labor day weekend folks! be safe.

-turbo (3 weeks off sub and loving it!)
Last edited by turbo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turbo

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:30 am

Agh...the wonders of flexiril....the Trazadone is good shit too. You should be ok now. Good to hear about the stupid grin...you needed some relief!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby turbo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:21 pm

thanks cheeps!

i slept well again last night - it looks like i am making a habit of it! it is amazing what a few hours of sleep can do for your overall psyche and well-being. hope your weekend is going well - when do you start working the 'corn-maze/maize?'

-turbo (22 days off sub)
turbo

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:15 pm

I'll know more about it this Wednesday.....I'll keep y'all informed. Yay for 22 days!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 am

Turbo!

I'm so happy for you, man! Traz and Flex . . . awesome. I was Rx'd Trazadone way back in the day for some "issues" at the time, and man, it really made me feel "stoned" and then hungry, and then sleepy.

At this point in the game, that's a good thing, right? The Flex didn't make me as tired as I'd hoped it would, but I'm sure it helped, overall!~

Glad to hear you are pulling thru, my sweet! You've got great support with your fam, it seems, and that is HUGE!!!!!

CONGRATS ON 3 WEEKS PLUS !!!! :) You got this.

Hugs,
amery2u

Postby yup. » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Turbo,

Today is 24 days off subs for you. That’s great and I’m glad you’re getting some sleep. That is so important when doing this, as that sleep will help you with your overall mental state. I had difficulty getting enough sleep. Honestly, it wasn’t falling asleep but staying asleep that was the problem. I wanted to hurl grenades at the sun; I wanted to make the sun into a person, tie that person up, and do horrible things to him. Now, I don’t feel that way but that’s what happens when you don’t sleep worth a shit for weeks on end. I’m glad you have meds that’ll help you avoid that. :-)

Like Cheeps said, I’m also glad you have that stupid grin, which isn’t really stupid but I get what you mean. I hope you had fun at your BBQ this weekend and if you had a few beers that’s fine. You’ve earned it.
Off subs since 3/25/15
yup.

Postby turbo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:49 am

hey quick update guys and gals,

i am feeling great, some days are not as great, but overall i am doing very well and staying extremely busy with school, work, running everyday, hitting the weights, golfing, and eating and SLEEPING WELL! i have TONS OF ENERGY! i am writing and reading a ton again (yes for fun) and spending a lot of time outside playing with saber-tooth! I'm joining a tennis league that will go through the fall and winter, and I'm pretty excited about that as well. I'm also looking for a new job.

this weekend has been amazing so far - I'm pumped for football season and running my NFL-fantasy-football team (i am in a league with all of my high-school friends and i know its nerdy but i love it haha). i got 18 holes of golf in this morning with my dad and our other golfing foursome and i played extremely well (for me at least haha - I'm no bubba watson). after golf, i ate lunch, grabbed a quick nap, and then went to my alma matter's first college home football game with my dad, brother, and sister. we have season tickets and it was a blast! it is about an hour drive to the stadium and we always stop at this certain BBQ place before the game and get brisket sandwiches, fries, ranch style beans, and peach cobbler - it is a family tradition! anyways, we joked around the whole time and had so much fun watching my college team win! we have great seats so we are right close to the action. i feel so awesome being clear and free off sub and i wouldn't trade it for anything. i feel like a real human again. i can look people in the eyes while talking to them and engage fully with them in conversations - when i was on sub i couldn't do that at all. i feel as if i am getting a lot of my old confidence back too. overall i am doing great, but i realize it is easy to get overconfident and mess up, so i am being cautious. i hope everyone is doing well on this beautiful weekend - i appreciate you all very much.

-turbo
turbo

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Turbo....that's great...and btw, I play fantasy too....I have a money league full of guys and their college aged sons.

I love the description of your weekend....I'm glad you are using the detox sub vibe as energy....hopefully your motivation stays high! Now....don't touch the shit again!! Go turbo!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux