Could you please post a few of the negative things

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Could you please post a few of the negative things

Postby EVH19781984 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Was wondering what different negative things/effects others have/had gotten from taken suboxone long term? and what dose you where/are on?
looking for common issues since this drug in my opinion has not really been studied and sub doctors dont know jack about this drug!
I am very anti suboxone and in another thread i posted a few of the things
i have been experiencing from being on this rotten evil no good drug!
Would really appreciate hearing what suboxone has/had done to you that made you say enough is enough of being on this crap? was taking 8mg's until a few days ago.
To get this started here is a rundown of what sub did to me in the four years i have taken it,
1.very anti social
2.tired all the time(this is a real issue for everyday life,even simple things are a burden when you are always tired)
3.absolutely no motivation
4.do not get a rush/kick/spark from hobbies any longer
5.swollen tight feeling feet
6.taste buds are shot( everything taste bland, i have to over salt and pepper foods)
7.have trouble concentrating
8. no sex drive
9.no real appetite for food(always just want sweets,especially chocolate)
10.have issues learning new things
11. issues with short term memory
12. a disoriented feeling,i call it zombied
Many may disagree but i am convinced that all those above are suboxone related.
what are your negative issues brought on by this drug?
EVH19781984

Re: Could you please post a few of the negative things

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Personally, I experienced all of the above- minus the foot thing- plus my nipples began randomly lactating :boobshake:
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby EVH19781984 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 am

mynameisDAN82 wrote:Personally, I experienced all of the above- minus the foot thing- plus my nipples began randomly lactating :boobshake:

mostly all of the same things huh ,so then it is not all that unusual like others had said elsewhere.
What i have been thinking lately is that whoever came up with the idea of being on this drug for more than a few months should be executed,brought back to life then executed again! :twisted:
I dont know why i did not see it before but having the opiate receptors binded 24-7 for a long period of time is definitely NOT a good thing! If i could go back in time i would just jump from the percs and deal with it.
I can only imagine how much permanent damage has been done in the 4 years i have taken these shitty things :evil:
EVH19781984

Postby cheeps » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:02 pm

The good news is.....you are smart enough to use your search engine....and you kept going, using your gut, and you landed here.

I used methadone and pills most of my opiate career; I used sub for detox. Because of my long history with the meth....the sub, being a LAO, bit my ass. I've had opiate flashbacks...if there is such a thing.

But.....4 years of sub....you can fully recover from.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:09 pm

cheeps wrote:But.....4 years of sub....you can fully recover from.

Tru dat! :thumbup:
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby EVH19781984 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:16 pm

cheeps wrote:The good news is.....you are smart enough to use your search engine....and you kept going, using your gut, and you landed here.

I used methadone and pills most of my opiate career; I used sub for detox. Because of my long history with the meth....the sub, being a LAO, bit my ass. I've had opiate flashbacks...if there is such a thing.

But.....4 years of sub....you can fully recover from.

Thank for the post and i gotta say i am very happy to hear that it is possible to recover fully from 4 years of using these.
I was very concerned being that sub sticks to the receptors so good and has that ridiculously long half life that
it would do permanent damage to the opiate receptors.
and the misinfo on those other forums is just incredible!
even that one guy who says he is a doctor but was on subs :wtf:
EVH19781984

Postby cheeps » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:36 pm

The brain and human body have this enormous capacity to heal. You sure as hell DON'T heal taking suboxone. To say that you are clean and healing is a total lie when you have any opiate on those receptors.

We have members that are over 5 years off sub. They check in briefly....report good things happening in their lives....then they go live their lives. You will too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby rc51guy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm

I was on for almost 3 years....and I am certainly healing. Feeling pretty good here at day 77. As cheeps says theres a lot of people here who have years off this stuff and are back to normal life. It IS possible, and we're all proof. Its difficult in the beginning, but gets easier as you go!
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
― John Milton
rc51guy

Postby southerngirl » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 am

The things I see regularly in my husband (16 mg/day for 10 years)

-Emotionally checked out - like, totally void (except for fear) He does an amazing job of acting upbeat and happy, but it is obvious it is an act. Flat Stanley
-He is very repetitive and uses the same responses over and over. Always the same phone conversation. Always the same catch phrases - often used in inappropriate situations. Broken record (which works well at work, not at home). Ten-Second-Tom
-Extreme hearing loss, ringing in his ears, an easy excuse for not listening. Eh? New hearing aids are helping some
-Pinpoint pupils, red eyes, squinting.
-NEVER makes eye contact
-Dry eyes - needs RX eye drops and can no longer wear contacts (eye infection went on for months that he didn't even realize) Cataract surgery/lens implants recently - still dry, red, watery eyes but now he can see. His vision changed very rapidly and then cataracts developed very quickly
-Drippy nose, gurgly sound when he breathes
-Constant thirst/diet soda addiction (caffeine boost). You NEVER see him without a drink, even in the car, on the lawn mower, out of the house, in the house, every single second of the day. Never drinks water or anything else
-Needs a Nic-Fix - Ex smoker/quit about seven years ago and still chews nicorette gum. constantly.(nicotine boost)
-Extreme sweet tooth (sugar boost) He craves white sugar. Like birthday cake, candy, cookies, etc all day long
-No taste for food - hamburger and french fries every. single. day. sometimes twice a day.
-Constant extreme headaches - for which he takes several advil, several times a day
-Can't sleep without excessive OTC sleeping pills (2-3x rec dosage - or more?)
-Bathroom issues - duh. Never a day without meds to help out
-Dental problems, like thousands of dollars worth and constantly needs repairs
-Slurred speech at times - likely after dosing, not sure? He sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth
-Irrational paranoia and fears, accompanied by fierce anger if you ask about it, so - don't ask about it.
-Inability to feel physical pain, or any other sensations. Didn't notice a third degree burn
-A little bit OCD about things - he's uncomfortable with any kind of change, mostly routines
-No interests or hobbies, and absolutely no friendships outside of work/home
-Cut off from the world. Other than weather and sports, he hasn't watched the news or had interest in local/world events. He never bothered to register to vote - too hard to follow and make decisions.
-Mr. Limpy has no life at all. He's dead, Jim. Luckily, this doesn't seem to bother him and I'm frankly glad not to deal with it. Mr Limpy leaves me alone and I suspect he has a layer of dust.

Of course, these are the observable things. I can't speak for what it FEELS like and it isn't discussed.

Hope that helps

SG
southerngirl

Postby rc51guy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 pm

southerngirl wrote:The things I see regularly in my husband (16 mg/day for 10 years)

-Emotionally checked out - like, totally void (except for fear) He does an amazing job of acting upbeat and happy, but it is obvious it is an act. Flat Stanley
-He is very repetitive and uses the same responses over and over. Always the same phone conversation. Always the same catch phrases - often used in inappropriate situations. Broken record (which works well at work, not at home). Ten-Second-Tom
-Extreme hearing loss, ringing in his ears, an easy excuse for not listening. Eh? New hearing aids are helping some
-Pinpoint pupils, red eyes, squinting.
-NEVER makes eye contact
-Dry eyes - needs RX eye drops and can no longer wear contacts (eye infection went on for months that he didn't even realize) Cataract surgery/lens implants recently - still dry, red, watery eyes but now he can see. His vision changed very rapidly and then cataracts developed very quickly
-Drippy nose, gurgly sound when he breathes
-Constant thirst/diet soda addiction (caffeine boost). You NEVER see him without a drink, even in the car, on the lawn mower, out of the house, in the house, every single second of the day. Never drinks water or anything else
-Needs a Nic-Fix - Ex smoker/quit about seven years ago and still chews nicorette gum. constantly.(nicotine boost)
-Extreme sweet tooth (sugar boost) He craves white sugar. Like birthday cake, candy, cookies, etc all day long
-No taste for food - hamburger and french fries every. single. day. sometimes twice a day.
-Constant extreme headaches - for which he takes several advil, several times a day
-Can't sleep without excessive OTC sleeping pills (2-3x rec dosage - or more?)
-Bathroom issues - duh. Never a day without meds to help out
-Dental problems, like thousands of dollars worth and constantly needs repairs
-Slurred speech at times - likely after dosing, not sure? He sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth
-Irrational paranoia and fears, accompanied by fierce anger if you ask about it, so - don't ask about it.
-Inability to feel physical pain, or any other sensations. Didn't notice a third degree burn
-A little bit OCD about things - he's uncomfortable with any kind of change, mostly routines
-No interests or hobbies, and absolutely no friendships outside of work/home
-Cut off from the world. Other than weather and sports, he hasn't watched the news or had interest in local/world events. He never bothered to register to vote - too hard to follow and make decisions.
-Mr. Limpy has no life at all. He's dead, Jim. Luckily, this doesn't seem to bother him and I'm frankly glad not to deal with it. Mr Limpy leaves me alone and I suspect he has a layer of dust.

Of course, these are the observable things. I can't speak for what it FEELS like and it isn't discussed.

Hope that helps

SG

Wow, yea 16 mg/day for 10 years will do ya in I suppose. I wonder if my fiance ever noticed anything about me. hmmm..

But the real reason I replied was to say I'm so very sorry that suboxone has affected your life in such a horrible way. It was obviously not your choice to start or stay on the medication, but it affected you just as much as him I would say. What a hideous drug. All of them.. Opiates in general. How something that can initially make someone feel so good can wreak such havoc and cause such harm and loss....its sad. Again, I'm sorry.
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
― John Milton
rc51guy

Postby southerngirl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks RC. I appreciate the words of support.

It sucks.

But I've learned to deal with it, as has he. I'm glad I have you guys to talk about it, as he won't even think about talking to me. I've had so many lightbulb moments since finding you guys, that if I can share any words of wisdom or support, then it kinda helps me to know at least I can help someone else.

SG
southerngirl

Postby Smokiepp1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:37 pm

I have been sub user twice. Got off after opiate abuse...back in 2003 doc started me at 40 mg subutex. Then skin cancer. Started back 5 years ago and I believe I started at 8 mg. Down to 2 mg about 18 months ago. So now I have reduced to .75 mg. Feel stable and have tried to reduce further. Jumpy legs and no sleep. So I get up and take a tiny piece. If you slip and dose up for a day or two do you have to back up the taper again? So tired of fighting this evil...
"It's easier to focus on fixing others. It makes it difficult to focus on fixing yourself..."
Smokiepp1

Postby rc51guy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Smokie- Start a thread for yourself so we can talk and help you out. Go to new thread and explain whats going on. You'll get a lot of support and help. You have done it once, and you'll get off again with some patience and perseverance.

As for the little piece, how small was it? More then .75? Regardless, dont give it much thought. Tomorrow just stick to the .75 and continue tapering down as your able.
― John Milton
rc51guy

Postby EVH19781984 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:16 pm

I dont want to sound like Mr defeat before i even try but i have been doing a lot of reading about others here on this forum that have been off sub for a good amount of time now and i am REALLY CONCERNED about the talk of always being super tired and having no motivation at all for months and months after the sub is actually past it half life and all the main WD's are over.
When i quit percs and oxy's i went through bad WD but after about 2 full weeks i was pretty much back to
regular again. I had taken those two opiates off and on for over 3 years and never really cleaned up the whole time.
Finally i had had enough and just stopped one day,went through the WD's and then got clean for about a year then
enter the suboxone period after briefly going back to percs! :banghead: have been on the sub since!
should have just went through the perc WD again and not got on these! :suicide:
EVH19781984

Postby rc51guy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:51 pm

its NOT that bad. Ive been off for 85 days today. 3 months. Never was I totally down and out except the first week or so. Never missed a single day of work. I worked my butt off throughout the withdrawal.

Am I full of energy? No....but I am not exhausted and fatigued every day all day. I feel quite normal to be honest. I get tired after doing tiring things....unlike subs...where I could go all friggin day and night and work myself so hard I would injure myself. Thats NOT normal. Now....I feel like I am a normal human being. Almost anyway.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Your scared. And so was I. You will likely find any old excuse to prolong getting off it just like I did. In the end...you just gotta buck up and get it done. You will heal and you will return to "normal", whatever that is. It wont take years....the last few months have flown by in hindsight. It wasn't all that horrible. Difficult, but never HORRIBLE.
― John Milton
rc51guy

Postby Kurdt » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:41 pm

The most prominent side-effects I noticed while being on suboxone for several years were:

-Anti-Social Behavior (Withdrawing from social life)
-No mood changes, emotionally flat and distant, disconnected.
-Trouble connecting with people, music, and movies in an artistic or emotional way.
-Small talk with coworkers is a chore. I saw no reason to talk to anyone unless I absolutely HAD TO!
-No imagination... No dreams... Content (happy even) with mundane existence.
-NO SEX DRIVE! I went six weeks at a time (toward the end) without even having the desire for any sexual activity.

In my opinion, Suboxone makes you into a good little worker bee. Just content to slave away and be happy doing it. You don't ask for much and you go home and stay home until you go in to work the next day. You immerse yourself in solitary life and can't understand why other people want to engage you. Thankfully, feelings/emotions are the first things to come back when you jump. Although they are a little too raw at first!
Kurdt

Postby amery2u » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Kurdt said it all.

I was nothing but a good little worker-bee. Hope you come back and join the pack! It's do-able.

Anne :)
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:26 am

EVH19781984 wrote:I dont want to sound like Mr defeat before i even try but i have been doing a lot of reading about others here on this forum that have been off sub for a good amount of time now and i am REALLY CONCERNED about the talk of always being super tired and having no motivation at all for months and months after the sub is actually past it half life and all the main WD's are over.
When i quit percs and oxy's i went through bad WD but after about 2 full weeks i was pretty much back to
regular again. I had taken those two opiates off and on for over 3 years and never really cleaned up the whole time.
Finally i had had enough and just stopped one day,went through the WD's and then got clean for about a year then
enter the suboxone period after briefly going back to percs! :banghead: have been on the sub since!
should have just went through the perc WD again and not got on these! :suicide:

If you are over 40 and getting off sub...it's a little harder. If you are under 30, youth and metabolism are on your side and you get over it quickly. In between 30-40, it depends on your physical condition. Couch pototo's and smokers have a harder time.

One plus.....it is easier to quit smoking after you jump...why? Opiates dull you...you might notice that you smoke more during opie use. Nicotine is a stimulant...your body wants to be awake...it is trying to achieve homeostasis.
Odors are heightened too...so some shit just smells fucking NASTY...ciggies often gag you after the jump.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Townes » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Greetings, been lurking...and new here. Yes, all of the above... 12 years on this "miracle" after a 2+ year SAO addiction. SUB Doc told me that Staying on Sub would give time for my brain to "heal", HA!

Stuck on Sub and it truly SUX. I'm 59 years old... Any long time users my age ever gotten off successfully?

Great forum & thanks kindly
Townes

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Sure they have,and some are working on it now... Start a new thread for yourself and join the club...
Subblind

Next

Return to Sub Sux