49 Days Off Subs and Today was Terrible

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: 49 Days Off Subs and Today was Terrible

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Oh hell to the yeah....that makes four of you guys that have come out of the shadows and posted. My group from last year. Fucking YaaaaaYYYAAAyyyy!!! :? :shock: (Damn....somebody needs to tell cheeps thats a fucked up scream....did she get shot or is someone twisting her big toe...ew. :mrgreen:)

Yuppers....painting in Florida...really? I thought it was too hot and rained too much to do that!! :lol: So damn good to hear from you too!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby syd » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Thank you, Leonard.

syd

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Sucks, doesn't it?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby suboxalypsenow » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 am

Hey Yup - how's the sub-free life going? Still suffering in the mornings?
suboxalypsenow

Postby yup. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:26 pm

Please let me begin by saying I'm sorry for not posting more. I feel like a righteous dick for that because when I was vulnerable, people were here for me and I've been absent. I am sorry and I will try better.

I also miss Cheeps, Anne, RC, Run, Don, and so many more.

Right now is two years off subs (and smokes). I'm at a bar with friends and my lady (same one from a year ago that knows about my sub thing), I'm stoned and a little drunk, and happy to be sub free. I'm two years free of opiates (aside from one slip) and I honestly don't miss them. Overcoming subs is so possible and beneficial.

Cheeps: I love you. Anne: I love you and I hope you're driving trucks and kicking ass. RC: I hope you're working hard and kicking ass. Kurds: keep running.

If I'm leaving anybody out I'm sorry.

Goodnight. :-)
Off subs since 3/25/15
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks
yup.

Postby cheeps » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 am

It's time for all you guys that were together two whole fucking years ago to check back in!! Two years.....how DOES that feel huh?

Please go look at ratch's thread in general. We need help! All you old timers spread the word. Let ratch know how much this place helped you.

Yup....here's your new normal! Yaaayy!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

YUPPERS~!!
CHEEPS~!!

Out of randomness, just decided to stop by here today to see who was still around, and I found THIS!
Yup, I'm so happy to hear all is going well with YOU! April 15th will be TWO YEARS for me, as well. Two weeks til my 2 years, and we're gonna celebrate with Steak and Lobster~ I deserve it! (sorry to hijack your thread, but couldn't find mine...LoL!)

I already read the general thread, and hellyeah I will contribute. I couldn't've done this without you. I'm with the one other person though, I don't have a paypal account. I think my daughter might; she's at school now, and then she works 4 to 8 @ McD's... so I won't see her til later tonight. I'll check it out, or may have to go "postal" and just mail a money order somewhere~!

It's so good to hear our team is still here. Yes, I'm kicking it with trucks; still with Tom.... kids are great, life is good. No relapses, no worries! I still don't feel that I have my energy from pre-subs 100%, but then again the "more sedentary" lifestyle, ie: sitting more than "running" in the restaurant, may have some to do with that. I get as much exercise as the kids and dog (and Tom) give me, though!

I'm glad I stopped by; will have to do so more often. Any one hear from Neil ~???? I'll have to hunt around. Wondered if Dan or Glenn ever stop in anymore, also Noots. I'll browse for a bit before I hit the bus stop; and I feel I owe it to pay it forward, for sure. Karma brought me here today, methinks!!

Love to you both, Cheeps and Yuppers!!!

I'll be back around soon, after I figure out the paypal thing; send my love to the others, if I don't find their threads!

Hugs and MANY THANKS to you ALL~!! (say Hi to DP for me too, wouldya?)

~~~~~ Anne ~~~~~

ps: Never DID have to have that Knee Surgery ! Went to a great Occupational/Physical Therapy Pain Management Place, did hydro-therapy, manipulation, herbal meds (not weed) and whatnot, and "almost" good as new~! Never DID take an Opiate, not even Tramadol~! KEPT the FOCUS!!!! :)
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby cheeps » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Way to go Annie!! Inn so fucking proud of you guys...!! DP is still here, free checks in. Rc is doing good...I haven't heard from niels but he had so much emotional stuff on his plate that this is the last place he needed to deal with.....I feel like he's still clean. Turbo too.

All of youse guys had such huge resolve...I will never forget your group. I have been waiting for all of youse to pop back inn and say....

Fucking two years clean!!! :cheers: :cheers: :banana: No more of this.... :suicide: :suicide: :blowme:

P.S.hope you can figure out the pay pal thing. I can't get into my account so I guess I'm using the wrong email. We need all the money we can get. Ratch sez he's broke and he must be cuz he's never really asked for money before. I don't want to lose this place...

If we can get a couple of K's, he can update, pay the bills, and get us a mobile app to use on the phone.. Let's do this! Let me know if you need help. :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Cheeps, I sure will. I will check with my daughter between today and tomorrow to see if she has a PayPal account; if not I can see what goes into setting one up with Tom's and my bank account.

You have my word. I'd love nothing more than to pay it forward. Y'all saved my *OUR!* lIVES~! I know "I" couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you. No way, no how.

I STILL LOVE YOU, YUPPERS! I understand about Neils. Sure wish I didn't lose his email addy, but I switched from AOL to gmail for convenience, and to "lose the losers" as well. Glad to hear RC is doing well too :)

I'll stop back tomorrow, and let you know what I've found out...Jamie had to work late, and I'm picking her up at 10. She has her D/L now, and Straight A's~!! Still~!! We just haven't worked out "her car" thing yet, LoL!

Sorry for the hijack, glad I picked a good time to stop back, tho!

Hugs and love, always~
Annie :wave: :thumbup: :wave: :thumbup:
amery2u

Postby Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:06 am

Hi Yup, Cheeps, Annie, RC and all the wonderful people that helped me

I have been meaning to pop in for quite a while but I felt like I had left it too late. I have been reading through a few posts on Yups thread and it has been so nice to catch up and know that the people that helped me so much are still going ok.

This site is amazing and it really works The decision I made to get off sub was one of the best things I have ever done and I can't thanks this site and the friends I have made here enough. I'll be in touch.

Love Neil ❤❤
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby yup. » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:46 am

Anne, Rc, and Cheeps,

I am well. I wrote Cheeps earlier, and anybody that can help with the site should contribute what they can. This site saved my life. It was here when I needed it. Yes, it is outdated. I kind of like that but it isn't what is needed for the future. If you can help keep it alive please do.

Anne, I am glad you are still driving. I am glad that you are still with Tom. Don't give up. I am over two years off subs. It sucks. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss kicking 8 mg of subs at all. I remember that pain. I will always remember that pain.

Neil: Don't ever give up. Life is horrid and I generally hate that but it's the only life I have. Please keep at it. Finding a DIY punk community helped me. It keeps you young. Just stand in the back of the room and watch.

I confessed a personal moment in a PM earlier: right after my mom died my sister asked me what happens when we die. I told her it's probably what it was like before you were born. I don't know if that is true but it is comforting. Life is terrible but it is also a blessing. The fact that horrible does exist proves there is an antithesis.

I will try to check it more but I can't promise I will be adamant. I have been working three jobs basically and having a relationship. I love everybody that has been here with me through this and anybody else that is going through the same thing. If gets better.
Last edited by yup. on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Off subs since 3/25/15
yup.

Postby Neil » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 am

Hi Yup great to connect with you again, I have been loving seeing some bands and listening to some awesome punk music. I am going to see Patti Smith next week and then I am seeing Radio Birdman the week after that. I totally agree about how energising music can be. Anyway, great to talk and most importantly to know that my ss friends are going well.
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby cheeps » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:33 am

Ok....I'm going to admit to something...all you punters are going to laugh. I'm going to go see Bruno mars this fall. I love that little squirt. If I was young I'd hump his leg.

Gotta have our music!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby yup. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:25 am

Greetings.

I am less than a month from my birthday, still sub free, and I'm sitting on the patio listening to the Paris, Texas soundtrack on my iPad. Life after subs is mediocre but you can't have highs without lows and it's better without opiates. Cheeps: I hope you enjoyed that show.

Life after opiates is different but good and worth the effort. I might be five beers in after a 50 hour work week but I'd take this (beer and a little weed) over the opiates. Subs are a prison. Break free. Never look back at the fire - just run. That's from Paris, Texas. I think it's beautiful.

I hope everybody is well. You know who you are at this point. Sleep well. I'll post again soon. :-)
Off subs since 3/25/15
yup.

Postby yup. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:45 am

Neil,

Patti Smith and Radio Birdman. Fuck you! So jealous. I hope you had so much fun!
Off subs since 3/25/15
yup.

Postby cheeps » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:03 pm

yup. wrote:Greetings.

I am less than a month from my birthday, still sub free, and I'm sitting on the patio listening to the Paris, Texas soundtrack on my iPad. Life after subs is mediocre but you can't have highs without lows and it's better without opiates. Cheeps: I hope you enjoyed that show.

Life after opiates is different but good and worth the effort. I might be five beers in after a 50 hour work week but I'd take this (beer and a little weed) over the opiates. Subs are a prison. Break free. Never look back at the fire - just run. That's from Paris, Texas. I think it's beautiful.

I hope everybody is well. You know who you are at this point. Sleep well. I'll post again soon. :-)

The show is in October so I'm thinking he will be worn out by then...or on a positive note....he will sure know all the words :lol:

Are you in that same job yup? I was thinking that you told them to go to hell but to lazy to look back...
It's a hot but beautiful day here....truly every bit of muggy there is...not much happening...ssdd.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Happy early (?) Birthday, my Yuppers!

Still keeping on keeping on myself, as well. Trucking along, actually. Feel like I've finally found "me," once and for all, ya know?!?

Glad you're achieving your dreams, as well~! We sure had a great troupe, didn't we? :)

Miss ya's,
A~~
amery2u

Postby yup. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:03 am

Anne,

We did. Sorry for the delayed response. I've been more than busy. Two jobs, a relationship with a cool woman, playing music, doing internet art nonsense, reading, walking, getting into dogs, and just trying to get by in what is 2017 (however you perceive it). The best part is that I'm opiate free. I haven't counted days in a long time. I'm around two years and four months off (my jump date way the 25th). Please - don't stay on subs. They are a trap. That's not the beer I've had tonight but the honest truth. Just look at the half life and you'll see where it's a trap. Suffer if you have to. I did. It was the worst thing i've ever experienced. It changed me.

I wish I could read all the posts on here but that is the thing about recovery: you need to move forward. I come back and I love my troupe. And Cheeps. She is a saint. The animosity this place affords is great for getting it out. Kicking is so brutal but there is life after opiates. Help this site if you can. I love it and am eternally grateful for it's existence and the amazing people here.

Anne, I hope you're trucking right now and enjoying the summer breeze. I'm enjoying the summer mugginess of Florida but listing to Leonard Cohen. That's not bad at all.

Cheeps, I hope you're sleeping soundly or enjoying the beauty of a summer where we loathe the heat but remember it fondly when it's gone. You are a human I believe to be good. With faults but good. I hate faults. Everybody that's ever posted or lurked this forum does. You don't look at a site called SubSux without having a fault. It's addiction.

I'm not bragging and I'm not without my substances (psychedelics and alcohol) but I'm free from subs and opiates. Like I said - that's the trap I got caught in. You can escape it. If you're sitting at home and feeling like shit, going through cold turkey withdrawals from subs, read Anne's thread. Read RC's thread. Read my thread. We've all been there. I can say I'm off opiates and that's for good. It'll be three years in seven months and I feel like a different person from where I was before I jumped. I like it better. The world is shit but I like being free from the opiate machine. It's the sense of, " fuck you," to a substance that's fulfilling. I feel that seems cocky but it isn't. It's the confidence in knowing that the next time I have an opiate in my body I'm having surgery for something serious because I'm on my way out. I take ibuprofen often for minor aches but diet, attitude, and willpower has kept me opiate free, aside from one slip-up, for going on 2 1/2 years.

Sorry to blab. I wish everybody the best (Anne, RC, Cheeps, Don, Neil and everybody else I'm forgetting because I had a few beers (I'm so sorry!!!)). I suck like that. Goodnight and I wish nothing but the best for you all. I'll check back soon. I say that but it'll be like a month or so. I hate that it's like that but that's what recovery is like: we move forward and away from that portion of our lives. I've realized it's not selfishness but another step in moving into a life without opiate abuse. It's a great place to be. Don't forget that.
Off subs since 3/25/15
yup.

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 am

I'll check back soon. I say that but it'll be like a month or so. I hate that it's like that but that's what recovery is like: we move forward and away from that portion of our lives. I've realized it's not selfishness but another step in moving into a life without opiate abuse. It's a great place to be. Don't forget that.

These words are so true and I want everyone to to move forward!!! :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby turbo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:06 am

HEY GUYS!
Glad to hear everyone is doing so awesome - it SERIOUSLY warms my heart. UPDATE ON ME: I am still sub-free, and I have been working as a Substance-Abuse Counselor at an inpatient treatment center for the last year and a half while I finish my Masters Degree in Psychology. I have been able to help a lot of people who are addicted to subs/other chemicals. It is a very tough, but rewarding job AND I LOVE IT! Watching and helping people change their lives is amazing. I recommend SO MANY people to this website because it and you guys & gals literally saved my life! I wouldn't be where I am today, or going where I am planning on going, without all the support, advice and love from you guys while I went through the horrors and personal hell of sub-withdrawal. You guys make me smile like an idiot when I think about all the crazy posts, the inside jokes, and the shared experience of TAKING OUR MOTHER FUCKING LIVES BACK FROM SUBOXONE! Keep it up. I plan on being on here more to help the "newbies" out by sharing my story - OUR STORY! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit me up anytime. Kisses!
Sincerely,
turbo
turbo

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux