Sub is evil shit! and 3 questions answered

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Sub is evil shit! and 3 questions answered

Postby True85 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Is it still common to think about opiates everyday nine months after sub?
True85

Postby nootlsjr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:41 pm

True85 wrote:Is it still common to think about opiates everyday nine months after sub?

you still have drug dreams?? everybody is different and some can exsept the facts quicker then others. my use was exstreme and i have many, many, bad memorys. it got easier for me once i started hating what opoids done to me. it brang me nothing good, and the good was forgotn with burn holes, nodding, and isolation.

maybe it will take you longer because you where able to overcome your will with stuborness/determination. just keap remembering the true nature of the poison and you will eventually lose interest. only if you beleive you will though. dont think your way back into hell. think of the facts and not the fictions/disallusions [false perceptions]. i have less time clean and can tell you everytime i f'd up i wished i didnt, but some of us need to try everything before relizing the truth, witch is, theres a wonderful world to think about when where not obscessing over opiates. give yourself a pat on the back, and some more time.

have no doubt in your mind that your gonna stay clean, or the brain will play tricks on you. no doubt, no question, no thoughts. in time. i get rare thoughts of using, becasue im a control freak and think i can control anything.lol. exsept myself of course.lol. hence the name dmbas.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Fucking great stuff here. Ratch for president 2016!
Sub free since 10-20-2012
Like most things in life the hardest part is starting, the easy part is wanting.
"Life gets hard.. Then it gets good, just like I always knew it would"
mynameisDAN82

Postby ratch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm

I moved my crazy rant into the war-zone, even I am not immune from my off topic opinions to get moved into the war-zone. If your stuff ever gets moved there, please dont ever take offense, its just a way for us to keep a good thread moving along on topic and other stuff to also keep moving without getting deleted/edited
ratch
Administrator

Highscores: 1

Postby Mrblazed » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 pm

great Info! This should help alot of people making the choice to get off or start sub. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mrblazed

Postby Brandy7465 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm new to the site and I'm looking for a way to get off subs. My dosage is 2mg daily. Should I get back on pills so I can take suboxone the right way by tapering? Should I enroll in an 8 day outpatient program that cast 6k? I'm so done with this shit! Please lemme know if u have any advice!
Brandy7465

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Welcome brandy. Its hard to say what u should do.. what would I do? Jump and forge throught the shitty days. Do you have a full time job? How long have you been taking subs? What's stopping you from making the jump? Maybe start a tread in the general catagory, you will get more responses.

Again;, welcome to ss!
Dan
Sub free since 10-20-2012
Like most things in life the hardest part is starting, the easy part is wanting.
"Life gets hard.. Then it gets good, just like I always knew it would"
mynameisDAN82

Postby Mrblazed » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Does anyone here know if Hydromorphone can be used as the drug to switch from sub to as the SOA? I know its been said by eather ratch or cheeps that H should never be used as the switch to a SOA for the perpuse of a shorter detox. Well I find the strong prescription opiods to be as strong if not stronger then the Black tar we have here in seattle. My question is can meds like Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, Morphine, Fent, or ( weeker but still strong,oxycodone) be used to switch to a SOA? I plan to use Hydromophone 8mg pills to switch from sub over to a SOA.I know that WD from hydromorph is Fast and hard, but that is what im looking for. The fact that peak withdrawl is at 24-37 hours after last dose (or around those numbers) sounds like a dream compared to the subutex. ANy advice would be AWSOME. I have the choice to keep the pills or ditch them. If I have a chance now though to switch im gonna take it. Im just not sure if these are to strong and I should be looking out for stuff like Codine/dihydrocodine and Hydrocodone.
Mrblazed

Postby ratch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Being a semi-synthetic... dilaudid...aka (hydromorphone) is one if the best SAO's to use while "switching" because it satisfies the receptors, but transitions slower (dependency from one drug to another) so it doesnt get its claws into you as fast, for a short term jump/detox it is ideal..as far as staying on dilaudid for months while bridging the gap??? Not such a great idea. I would put dilaudid on a 7 day or less plan. Hydro is great and cheap for longer periods of "opioid masturbation" while dilaudid is a better short term "tool". This is strictly from a getting off drugs standpoint.
ratch
Administrator

Postby Mrblazed » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 pm

ok thank you so much for the advice. So would it be best to detox a few days to up to a week first? get my tolerance low again and then get on hydromorph? or would it be best to tomorrow start taking the hydromorph? im at .5mgs of sub now in minor WD.
Mrblazed

Postby ratch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:55 am

Since "Sub is evil Shit" is the name of this thread. I figured I would add one of my own experiences and that of a few other members. I dont know if you ever heard of sleep paralysis. But it happened to me between days 21 and 40 of my jump. It was some freaky shit. I figured if you are informed, maybe you wont freak out as much when or if it happens to you. Typically after NOT sleeping for a week or more after initially jumping off sub, then finally being able to get sleep this is sometimes triggered.

Strange Sleep Disorder Makes People See 'Demons'
By Stephanie Pappas, LiveScience Senior Writer | LiveScience.com – Mon, Apr 1, 2013

A still from an upcoming short film on sleep paralysis by filmmaker Carla MacKinnon about sleep paralysis, a phenomenon where people wake up with frozen muscles and, often, scary hallucinations.View Photo

A still from an upcoming short …

When filmmaker Carla MacKinnon started waking up several times a week unable to move, with the sense that a disturbing presence was in the room with her, she didn't call up her local ghost hunter. She got researching.

Now, that research is becoming a short film and multiplatform art project exploring the strange and spooky phenomenon of sleep paralysis. The film, supported by the Wellcome Trust and set to screen at the Royal College of Arts in London, will debut in May.

Sleep paralysis happens when people become conscious while their muscles remain in the ultra-relaxed state that prevents them from acting out their dreams. The experience can be quite terrifying, with many people hallucinating a malevolent presence nearby, or even an attacker suffocating them. Surveys put the number of sleep paralysis sufferers between about 5 percent and 60 percent of the population.

"I was getting quite a lot of sleep paralysis over the summer, quite frequently, and I became quite interested in what was happening, what medically or scientifically, it was all about," MacKinnon said. [Top 10 Spooky Sleep Disorders]

Her questions led her to talk with psychologists and scientists, as well as to people who experience the phenomenon. Myths and legends about sleep paralysis persist all over the globe, from the incubus and succubus (male and female demons, respectively) of European tales to a pink dolphin-turned-nighttime seducer in Brazil. Some of the stories MacKinnon uncovered reveal why these myths are so chilling.

Sleep stories

One man told her about his frequent sleep paralysis episodes, during which he'd experience extremely realistic hallucinations of a young child, skipping around the bed and singing nursery rhymes. Sometimes, the child would sit on his pillow and talk to him. One night, the tot asked the man a personal question. When he refused to answer, the child transformed into a "horrendous demon," MacKinnon said.

For another man, who had the sleep disorder narcolepsy (which can make sleep paralysis more common), his dream world clashed with the real world in a horrifying way. His sleep paralysis episodes typically included hallucinations that someone else was in his house or his room — he'd hear voices or banging around. One night, he awoke in a paralyzed state and saw a figure in his room as usual. [See MacKinnon's Artistic Images of Sleep Paralysis]

"He suddenly realizes something is different," MacKinnon said. "He suddenly realizes that he is in sleep paralysis, and his eyes are open, but the person who is in the room is in his room in real life."

The figure was no dream demon, but an actual burglar.

Myths and science of sleep paralysis

Sleep paralysis experiences are almost certainly behind the myths of the incubus and succubus, demons thought have sex with unsuspecting humans in their sleep. In many cases, MacKinnon said, the science of sleep paralysis explains these myths. The feeling of suffocating or someone pushing down on the chest that often occurs during sleep paralysis may be a result of the automatic breathing pattern people fall into during sleep. When they become conscious while still in this breathing pattern, people may try to bring their breathing under voluntary control, leading to the feeling of suffocating.

Add to that the hallucinations that seem to seep in from the dream world, and it's no surprise that interpretations lend themselves to demons, ghosts or even alien abduction, MacKinnon said.

What's more, MacKinnon said, sleep paralysis is more likely when your sleep is disrupted in some way — perhaps because you've been traveling, you're too hot or too cold, or you're sleeping in an unfamiliar or spooky place. Those tendencies may make it more likely that a person will experience sleep paralysis when already vulnerable to thoughts of ghosts and ghouls.

"It's interesting seeing how these scientific narratives and the more psychoanalytical or psychological narratives can support each other rather than conflict," MacKinnon said.

Since working on the project, MacKinnon has been able to bring her own sleep paralysis episodes under control — or at least learned to calm herself during them. The trick, she said, is to use episodes like a form of research, by paying attention to details like how her hands feel and what position she's in. This sort of mindfulness tends to make scary hallucinations blink away, she said.

"Rationalizing it is incredibly counterintuitive," she said. "It took me a really long time to stop believing that it was real, because it feels so incredibly real."
ratch
Administrator

Postby Greasemonkey:4/1/11 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 pm

All of you are right!!! By far my friends tell me to smile and I'm just bla! I wish I never went on this shit and by reading everyone's comments I have a long hard road ahead of me! I tell younger ppl wut I've been through and how I d lost everything many times. I finally have a place of my own but if I could snap my fingers n 3 years go by and be free of sub I'd n soo happy. I drive 2 hrs to pee in a cup to get my script and know that each day that goes by I'm getting worse!!! Meathadkne wasn't like this but sub has ruined me! 38 and hooked on another med! I'm working on getting off sub but using it everyday for over 2 1/2 yers I have. Long way to go! Ill keep my head up n march forward! Thanks everyone!!!
Greasemonkey:4/1/11

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 am

Hi Monkey..
Maybe you cold start a thread so we can follow you?
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby Greasemonkey:4/1/11 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Hey Juiles I made it through the day n actually feel better than wut I felt. I'm computer stupid so I don't kno wut a thread is. Lol I wrk on multi million dollar machines an I only have this phone were I communicate with u all. By the way my name is John. Greasemonkey is cause of my wrk but thanks for the support today and challenging me to go down even more. Yes I'm a junkie n thought 24 mgs was wut I needed but I don't need that much I was poising myself. I wrk the next few days so ill b non stop wrking and not thinking so much! :thumbup:
Greasemonkey:4/1/11

Postby Justjules13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:07 am

Good for you John! I just know you'll feel better when you get to lower doses...
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby SubArizona » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:57 am

Sub Zero, are you saying that you're still having PAWS 2.5 years after quitting sub?.... God that scares the hell out of me... How long were you on? I've been on 4 years
SubArizona

Postby Sub zero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey Arizona. I don't remember saying that, but then this is a really old thread I haven't visited for a while. No, I wasn't having PAWS 2-1/2 years after quitting. If I remember correctly, I had the PAWS after being off for about a year...and they maybe lasted 6 months...not continual, but off-and-on. After quitting cold turkey, I remember being in acute withdrawal for 4-6 weeks, then feeling mediocre to OK for several months...then BAM the PAWS seemed to come out of nowhere. PAWS aren't that bad, but because of the timing, they're really annoying. They tend to hit you just after you think you've finally made it. I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary in about two weeks....so this stuff is all kind of fading from my memory (and that's a good thing !!). After being totally clean for over two years, I feel good...yet I keep getting the impression that I should/could feel even better. I think that my having used opioids for 7 or 8 years...the last 2-3 spent going back and forth between methadone and Sub...has taken something out of me. Whatever that something is, I may not get it back. IDK, I just don't feel as enthusiastic or energetic as I'd like to.
If I could go back and do it all over again...I wouldn't

Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby oneshotatthislife » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh man. Reading all of this is so disheartening. I have been on suboxone for 4 years. I have been taking 2mg a day for about two years. I am so afraid of withdrawal. I have been planning for some time to get off of subs this year. I have enough right now to last me until october of 2014. Im so scared of the physical withdrawal and then secondly the emotional shit that will come after. Im in a new relationship with a woman who I am crazy about. Im 32 years old and for the first time I am feeling true love. Ive been in many relationships but this woman is the most incredible person Ive ever met. This is true incredible love at its finest. She has two young little girls. We have been together for about 6 months. She has no idea I'm on subs but knows of my past drug abuse. I was hoping I could quietly get off subs with out her knowing I was ever on them and now after reading all your posts this doesn't seem possible. I'm also afraid once I am off I will be a different person. Some one she may not love any more. This is awful and I wish I never stayed on subs in the first place. Fucking doctors are clueless when it comes to prescribing this crap. Either clueless, greedy or both. Any advise at all would be great. :banghead:
oneshotatthislife

Postby nootlsjr » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:20 am

just wean slow and get lower, and if you get caught by your girl then its only crumbs and the dr's fault, but then you have to man up on the spot. just keep taking smaller doses till nothing.

sub will turn on you eventually, so your making the right descision to quit. im saying if you don't quit now [soon]. your behavior is gonna change and your girl might figure it out. go low and slow. peace.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby mano » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:57 pm

You are younger and may not have the horrid experiences you read about here...Do a very slow taper and stay positive and you'll probably be OK. It also helps that you have something, this new relationship, to fight for.

Welcome to the forum!!
mano
Local Fixture

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux