New here and.....

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

New here and.....

Postby mikeyy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Well Ive been meaning to come on here for a while and here I am. Ive been on subs for about 2 and a half years and at first thought it was a great drug. I don't feel that way anymore. :nono:
Last edited by mikeyy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyy

Re: New here and.....

Postby beachnut » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm

I did gain wt while on sub...I did loose every pound a more after I jumped off of it. But muscle is heavier then fat..
If your like I was.. I lost any zest for life and my life was work, home, couch, chair, bed,couch, PC, TV, couch, chair.. so.. if you were built with muscle.. your built with fat now.

Welcome to the site... what kind of info are you looking for? Are you looking for weaning plan? Might want to look at Ratches stickies about sub.. then re-read it. If you need more info pls post.. if you want support to get rid of chain, pls post. Introduce yourself.. more info the less disinformation you will receive.
Many here with expeience... all got off slightly different but the main goal is to get off. No right/wrong way if the end is freedom.

Bonita
Watch your Thoughts, they become WORDS~Watch your Words, they become ACTIONS.
Watch your Actions, they become HABITS~Watch your Habits, they become CHARACTER.
Watch your Character, for it becomes your DESTINY.
beachnut

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

hi mikey.....yeah...let us know how we can help. I didn't lose weight on drugs but have heard of others with bad side effects....one friends hair came out in clumps after just a few months.

what kind of dose you on?

stick around!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby mikeyy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Im on 4mg's and have been since the beginning.
Last edited by mikeyy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyy

Postby mikeyy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:00 pm

:) :)
Last edited by mikeyy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyy

Postby doperdog » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Mikey, and welcome to Subsux,
I lost 6 lbs in 6 weeks on sub. I was already skinny from dope, but sub put me into the double digits, even though I was eating. I also got weak and, well, slack. Skinny but untoned. Not pretty. And, when I jumped, I could barely choke down food, so I lost more weight. I'm 5'4" and I got down to 93 lbs. My teeth were also sensitive, and I chipped one in two places for the only time in my life. It just sort of chunked off when I was doing nothing. Scared the hell out of me and made me sad/mad. And, I had no major libido problems while using H, but on sub I couldn't have cared less if I ever had sex again.
Get out while you can. Keep posting so we can help you.
“Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.” - George Carlin
doperdog
Global Moderator

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 am

mikeyy wrote:Actually now that you say it I find clumps of hair in my shower just after a few days and I dont have long hair or anything. Just ran my hands thru my hair to test it and i had lots of hair come out each time. This is not normal I better go to a doctor

Can you start weaning? Do you want to?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby mikeyy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Cheeps, yea Id like to but I know what im in for so its hard to just go ahead and do it. I know I can get down to 2 mg's with little problems so maybe i'll just start with that and go from there. There is nothing I want more than to be free from everything. I made a doctors appointment today about the weight loss so i'm going to get blood work and everything next week so I can rule out the subs. I know I have to start the taper process. thanks again everyone
Last edited by mikeyy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyy

Postby mikeyy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Oops, I apologize for putting this topic in the wrong place.
mikeyy

Postby beachnut » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am

I dont think its in the wrong place at all..

Hang in there.
Watch your Actions, they become HABITS~Watch your Habits, they become CHARACTER.
beachnut

Postby beachnut » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 am

I have to admit I am concerned with your wt lost. I do think a good head/toe assess is in order.. if nothing seen with lab I would want a Cat scan of head spine also... just food for thought.
beachnut

Postby mikeyy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks Beachnut.
Last edited by mikeyy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyy

Postby mikeyy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Unlike some folks on subs I know exactly what I'm in for when I jump. Even though it "sux" real bad, I will look at the big picture. A few months of complete misery is worth a life time of feeling better and not being dependent on anything! :thumbup:
mikeyy

Postby xenofears » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 pm

mikeyy wrote:Unlike some folks on subs I know exactly what I'm in for when I jump. Even though it "sux" real bad, I will look at the big picture. A few months of complete misery is worth a life time of feeling better and not being dependent on anything! :thumbup:

Yeah, when I was starting to finally think of jumping off Sub, I learned that I could face two years of PAWS, and I said "why bother?".. and was told, "you only plan on living for 2 years?" That shut me up. Of course I still never thought such a thing could happen to me. Still bloody fucking worth it!!!! Though the hardest thing I've ever done.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby So Cal » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:25 pm

hey Mikey,

just wanted to say welcome and hang in there and good luck,,put your mind to it and see yourself how you want to be and go for it!
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby mikeyy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm

thanks SoCal, I read your story. thanks for sharing. I wish you the best! Im going to give it my best shot to get of subs and I know I can do it
mikeyy

Postby LifeIzGut » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 am

I wish I had your problem :lol: I have gained 35 lbs :gaah:
Hang In There :wave: & Remember It beats ADDICTION :banghead:
LifeIzGut

Postby csb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Mikey, hang in there. You can do this. It takes a lot of want to, but it can be done. And xeno is right, because this is for sure the hardest thing I've ever done too. If you can do this, you can do anything you put your mind to.

Your going to have to face the music. But just take it for what it is. It does suck, but it is well worth it. The truth is that you might not have months of misery. You might only have a couple to a few weeks. It's different for everybody. Just don't be afraid to quit because of the trouble ahead.

You can do it.

We look forward to seeing you succeed.
csb

Postby mikeyy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Thank you for your support! Its huge for me. I just switched to the films and they are easier to cut into pieces.
Last edited by mikeyy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyy

Postby xenofears » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:42 pm

I hear the films are good because you can taper them down much easier and lower than working with the tablets.

Never even seen one personally nevermind touched one.

Well, those 0.4mg? Temgesic things overseas.. those were film.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Next

Return to Sub Sux