Bodily changes after stopping subs

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Bodily changes after stopping subs

Postby MyPainIsYours » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Hey guys just wanted to make a post about changes in the body after stopping subs. The main one i just want to talk about is my skin! Before drugs and while on them my skin was pretty much normal. I broke out once in awhile and had dry skin in the winter. After stopping subs my skin is completely different. My face is now oily and is always growing a new spawn to hatch. I wash it and literally an hour later it feels dirty again. My hands and feet are so dry. Lotion doesn't even help. I break out on my body, and badly too. I have had horrible cysts on weird places that seem to grow overnight. I don't know if this is normal. Or if anyone else has had such a dramatic change. I don't know what to do to help it either. I have tried washing with different soaps. Different lotions.. Nothing seems to actually help. It really makes me feel... ugly :puppy-dog:
Suboxone (5+yrs) Free since 6/5/12
MyPainIsYours

Re: Bodily changes after stopping subs

Postby CTCheryl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Some of us female long time members used to talk about this all the time, plus there was this body odor you couldn't quite ever get rid of that stuck around for a long time. Just a smell, not a nice smell, but not a strong smell. Ugh! I sure don't miss those days, sorry you are going through this. Just know, IT ENDS!

Cheryl
CTCheryl

Postby MyPainIsYours » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Thank you Cheryl. Soo happy to know its not something i am alone in and will deal with forever. What a yucky medicine.
MyPainIsYours

Postby Christina13 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm

I have been breaking out terribly too but figured it was bc I was pregnant. I broke out really bad when I was pregnant with my other son, too! It really sucks and I am at a loss as to what to do myself. I was thinking about ordering some proactiv....I usually only get one zit a month if that:(
SUBFREE since 9/2/12 :)
Christina13

Postby MyPainIsYours » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I think I'm going to try that too Christina. I just didn't think at 26 I would break out like a pre teen boy! Ahhhrggg, it's the whole body breaking out that's getting to me. I need a whole body mask lol
MyPainIsYours

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Please take as much vit C as you can stand. Also multi vits...

remember that skin is an organ and it detoxes too.

I lost a lot of hair during the months after detox and turned gray....but then it switched back to a blonder color last year....go figure.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Unhookedfromsub » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:16 am

I know something that would work for you ladies but you have to be freaky......LOL :oops: !

OK, OK I'll stop and get my mind out of the gutter but since coming off subs my sexual appetite is roaring and the Mrs is out of town for two more weeks, and if I don't do something about it my twins will be dusting the floors by the time she comes back home, and we have a lot of carpet, ouch! Before, when I was using subs I would even forget about having sex. Now that is twisted for a man! Now I have to check to see if the wind is blowing too hard before venturing outside. That would be very embarrassing to explain!
Oh and the smell thing, that's not just a woman issue.
Stopped taking the evil man-made drug called Subutex 9/17/2012

02/08/15 - 02/14/15 hopefully!
Unhookedfromsub

Postby Unhookedfromsub » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 am

MyPainIsYours wrote:I think I'm going to try that too Christina. I just didn't think at 26 I would break out like a pre teen boy! Ahhhrggg, it's the whole body breaking out that's getting to me. I need a whole body mask lol

Oh one more thing and I promise not say anything more but honey could you change your picture to some old woman, everytime I see your avatar, well lets just say your a very pretty woman! And in my present condition.......ahhhh never mind! I have a girl your age what the hell am I thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Misfire again sorry! :evil:

Unhookedfromsub

Postby MyPainIsYours » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:15 pm

lol!!!! i do want to change my pic.. but to something HOTTER now.

but on the real.. dust those balls off and.. do some ... hard labor with yourself? lol
MyPainIsYours

Postby Unhookedfromsub » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:28 pm

MyPainIsYours wrote:lol!!!! i do want to change my pic.. but to something HOTTER now.

but on the real.. dust those balls off and.. do some ... hard labor with yourself? lol

OK send me a pic that will rev the motors dear!........LOL!!!! A MOVIE WOULD BE BETTER! :o

Unhookedfromsub

Postby Unhookedfromsub » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 pm

MyPainIsYours wrote:lol!!!! i do want to change my pic.. but to something HOTTER now.

Hard labor? Naw the water in the shower finished me off! No touching needed. Crazy shit! I'm scared to tickle my twins, I might white wash the walls! Well I don't know how much of that would actually be considered "washing"? But the Mrs would be pissed off! :thumbup:

Unhookedfromsub

Postby MyPainIsYours » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Lmao!!!!
MyPainIsYours

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 am

Monster sex drive is to be expected....one of the good percs of detox!!

Last bumped by cheeps on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 am.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Sub Sux