sub withdrawals, what sub withdrawals???

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: sub withdrawals, what sub withdrawals???

Postby MyPainIsYours » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Loved hearing your story. I'm on day 7 almost. I sadly don't feel great, nor did I ever think, "w/ds, what w/ds?!" I feel in my body day by day getting worse. I am too 26. I used from 18-21 (heroin) and have been on suboxone since. Your story makes me realize I could feel better sooner than later. It's just not likely. Lol. But in all seriousness, I'd like to hear about day 10-15 and so on! Ratchs story scares the fuck out of me. A full year?! Holy shit... In sitting here checking off day by day. It feels like a lifetime and I can only cross a week off my belt! I would totally campaign against suboxone use over 3 weeks or longer. I feel that shitty.
Suboxone (5+yrs) Free since 6/5/12
MyPainIsYours

Postby ELE » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Today is day 29. While there was some debate on if my post was titled appropriately, I feel more alive than ever today. My biggest concern was not being happy. I am a very happy person in general, I like to smile and laugh a lot…. So I was scared that by coming off sub, My personality would literally change. That didn't happen. I dont suffer from any post depression or anything else that I can tell.

I would say that I am still pooping WAY more regularly than I have for the last 4 or more yrs… LIke 2-3 times a day. I expect even that will subside. I truely feel like my body kicked ass in this battle.

Anyway, just an update on my month mark.
ELE

Postby MyPainIsYours » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Go Ele! So proud of you!
MyPainIsYours

Postby Sub zero » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 am

ELE wrote:Today is day 29. I would say that I am still pooping WAY more regularly than I have for the last 4 or more yrs… LIke 2-3 times a day. I expect even that will subside.

Having the trots at day 29 isn't anything to worry about. Hell, I was squeezing out peanut-butter-like squishy stuff for 10 months after I quit...really annoying and messy...a garden hose would've worked better than TP. Sorry to be gross...but that's the way it was for me.
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby MyPainIsYours » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

Jeez sub! I was hoping that would go away atleast sooner than later. I like to call my butt a faucet that has a leak. I constantly question if Its even worth sitting there for a half hour to get maybe a drip out. It's the only thing that stops the stomach pain (for an hour or so) is it safe to take Imodium for long periods as long as its not everyday? I also want to know if it helps with the cramping. I can poo like a champ, just on my 10th trip it gets old...pushing to have nothing come out. Ugh. 3 weeks off subs on Monday. Wish my body would catch up a little quicker.. Ffffffuuuuu.
MyPainIsYours

Postby Sub zero » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 am

MyPainIsYours wrote:is it safe to take Imodium for long periods as long as its not everyday?.

IDK the exact answer to that one...I guess it depends on exactly what you mean by "not every day." Immodium is a form of opioid...so we all know how risky regular use can be. Maybe using it 2 to 3 times a week would be reasonable...like only take it on Monday, Wednesday and Friday - and stick to that routine. Before doing that, I'd experiment with dietary changes...maybe take some fiber supplements like Citrucel or Metamucil...in addidtion to eating a can o beans each day. I wouldn't let what happened to me scare you because from what I've heard, it's not happened to others on the forum. I think mine was an extreme case...and who knows, maybe I had IBS and the heavy opioid use was masking it all those years. I'm sure you'll get better...things just go a little crazy right after stopping a longtime habit.
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby MyPainIsYours » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am

I haven't taken it for a few days. So I was thinking once in awhile like you said. Just bought more Imodium today, I'm hoping it will help. The last few days have been miserable! My husband is starting to talk rude, and I can tell he is annoyed by my pain. He just wants me to act normal. Which might I add is making me very anxious. I know no one can understand unless they've been there but give me a fucking break. Im at my breaking point. Thankfully as I posted before I have no access to anything anyways. So I'm just talking.. But wow I want to punch something..wish I had a xanex to chill me out :/
MyPainIsYours

Postby Sub zero » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am

I know what you're saying...only those who have been there can understand what you're going through. If it makes you feel any better about your situation...consider that I had to detox from Sub in secrecy...didn't want to tell my family - so I had to fake it. I let them think I had a month-long virus and I kept saying "don't worry it'll go away eventually" :lol:
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby runthemachine » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:45 am

SZ,

Going through SUB withdrawal in 'secrecy'... I can't even imagine. I went through ALL my WDs (Sub, and SAO) completely out in the open. Which was brutal enough. BIG ups on dealing with your nightmare in private, and all by your lonesome. Man.... I'm humbled with respect.

ELE, you are ROCKIN' this!! :shred: :shred: :shred:

Go on, with your bad self. =)

G
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Sub zero » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:13 pm

runthemachine wrote:SZ,Going through SUB withdrawal in 'secrecy'... I can't even imagine. I went through ALL my WDs (Sub, and SAO) completely out in the open. Which was brutal enough. BIG ups on dealing with your nightmare in private, and all by your lonesome. Man.... I'm humbled with respect.

Thanks, That's very flattering. It was a no-brainer though. I'd managed to keep my habit secret for almost ten years...so I wasn't about to ruin it all by telling them at the last freakin minute. What they don't know won't hurt em'.
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby wastedtime » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:01 pm

I had many wd's in secrecy too!Hiding under my blanket hoping no one would see me shaking or the cold sweats and everything else.Passing it off as reg diarrhea and a stomache ache.Yeah,a stomach ache that felt worse than labor pains!Can't forget about the LEGS!I got off pretty easy with sub even jumping from 4mg,i say that because it was no where near the hell I went thru with pain pill wd's.It's bad enough but having to hide it is even worse.When it happens every few months,it's even harder to hide.The ONLY person who knew was my paperboy/handyman who helped around the house.He got drinks for me and tried to get me to eat,which was NOT happening!Goldie
wastedtime

Postby Sub zero » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Sorry to hear that you had to do it in secrecy too. There is an upside...once you get past it, you're off the hook so to speak...you don't have to go through life having your family be suspicious of you, or worry that you're using again. The problem with coming "out of the closet" with regard to a drug habit is that the stigma pretty much sticks with you thr rest of your life. People never forget that you're an ex-user.
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby subster58 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:59 am

,ELe so pround of you and happy you are doing great, awesome story w ith inspiration.

My pain, jeeze, so sorry about the WDS, know EXACTLY how you feel and what you are going thru. My family know what I'm going thru, but have no understanding of sub WDS. like we want to feel like shit. I am so much better than 2 weeks ago, although the stomch issues and no modivation continue. all I can say is just keep pushing thru and you NEVER have to do this again. That's what I keep telling myself, and was told by other members as well, because they know alot more than I.
Stength and hope
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby MyPainIsYours » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks Tia. 3 weeks clean today :) so I feel mentally like shit and physically I feel okay. When I did heroin it was all in secrecy obviously. So when I didn't or couldn't get it I had to hide my w/ds so I can totally relate. Keeping that to yourself is so depressing, and you feel like your being tortured by something no one else can see. Whew, it's so crazy to read everyones personal battle. Some make me feel so bad, even though im struggling currently I just want to give you all hugs :( can't wait to post in a little over a week with my full month clean!! Good luck everyone!

Subzero your my inspiration along with Tia!!
MyPainIsYours

Postby bini72 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Sub zero wrote:
ELE wrote:Today is day 29. I would say that I am still pooping WAY more regularly than I have for the last 4 or more yrs… LIke 2-3 times a day. I expect even that will subside.

Having the trots at day 29 isn't anything to worry about. Hell, I was squeezing out peanut-butter-like squishy stuff for 10 months after I quit...really annoying and messy...a garden hose would've worked better than TP. Sorry to be gross...but that's the way it was for me.

ughhhhhhhhhhhh This is what I was afraid to ask. Ran out of immodium yest, its day effing 62! I thought, well, I will try a day without it. Oh my God. Not sure what is worse. Dragging my ass to the store, or spending every hour in the bathroom. Unbelievable. And this started as soon as I tapered down to 8mg....months of fun! Still shocks me the physical symptoms I have. But at least I know how messed up my body is by evidence of them. I guess if all the physical stuff disappeared I would think I was losing my mind with the rest of it.
meth free since 1994
Heroin free since 2003
Demerol free since 2003

Sub use 7+yrs-FREE since April 27 2012
bini72

Postby sufferingsubatash » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:32 am

ELE... I'm new here And I just wanted to say thanks (in case you don't see my intro post). I've been following this site for a few weeks, but seeing this post is the one that made me actually get on with my decreasing my subs and becoming an active member of this forum. I think you were speaking to people like me and I heard you! I get it... This is going to be tough. And it may be tougher or easier for me than anyone else. Only time will tell. But, I appreciated reading your experience just as I appreciated everyone else's. Even if your situation is not normal, it's nice to know that it's POSSIBLE. :)
sufferingsubatash

Postby sufferingsubatash » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:47 am

Sub zero wrote:Sorry to hear that you had to do it in secrecy too. There is an upside...once you get past it, you're off the hook so to speak...you don't have to go through life having your family be suspicious of you, or worry that you're using again. The problem with coming "out of the closet" with regard to a drug habit is that the stigma pretty much sticks with you thr rest of your life. People never forget that you're an ex-user.

So true. My sister is a drug addict too.... Allthough her addictions have been very public, almost tearing my family apart. She's been to rehab 4 times (crystal meth). I've always been the "golden child" and all of my drug problems over the years and my most recent addiction to oxy have been a huge secret. I've always been a high functioning addict and I feel a lot of pressure not to let my mom down. She's so freakin amazing and I just feel like she deserves one daughter she can really be proud of. Wow... This sounds super whiny. Anyway... I too am going through all of this in secret and it sucks! Especially because my mom and I are so close and see each other often. And my job is very social. I have to be "on" every minute of the day at work. Honestly, I think that was a huge excuse or self rationalization thing I have been doing... Like I can't taper yet because my mom or coworkers or clients will wonder why I'm so sick and just not myself. But I just HAVE to!
sufferingsubatash

Postby jim4760 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:33 pm

I come off suboxone after being on them for years.About a year ago I left this site and didnt come back to it as I felt it was all negative talk and lots of members seemed to be trying to "outdo" other people when they were talking about their terrible withdrawals from buprenorphine.Iv'e come off methadone cold turkey twice,the last time was during the death of princess diana.Suboxone withdrawal is nowhere near as bad as methadone.You've got to remember buprenorphine is prescribed in micrograms for pain relief,and if you are going to go turkey from 2mg or so then you are going to hit a brick wall.I found the secret is to drop tiny tiny amounts every 14 days or so and you,ll manage it.Sure,it's a bit long and drawn out but thats the way to go in my opinion and experience as years ago I was struck off 16mg of subutex cold turkey and I was going up the wall till eventually the put me back on suboxone.I think people tend to base their convictions on the current issue.For example:If you are coming off methadone just now it will be the worst w/d ever,but if you are coming off suboxone just now it will be the worst w/d ever.Ive come off both drugs more than once and I can tell you,when you're in severe withdrawals the last thing you can do is sit at a computer telling everyone about how terrible you feel.
jim4760

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm

jim4760 wrote:.Ive come off both drugs more than once and I can tell you,when you're in severe withdrawals the last thing you can do is sit at a computer telling everyone about how terrible you feel.

Jim....you've reminded my about my IP detox off meth. I was impressed with the place because they had internet...shit.....my hands shook so bad....I could hardly lay them on my plate, much less type on a PC. 8-) :lol:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Justjules13 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Lol....I was just complaining yesterday about breaking SO many dishes and glasses the last few months. Slippery dishes and trembling hands make for lots of accidents and tears.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux