sub withdrawals, what sub withdrawals???

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

sub withdrawals, what sub withdrawals???

Postby ELE » Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I just felt inclined to type up a thread, after reading COUNTLESS threads which outlined an absolutely horrid picture of what withdrawaling from subs is like. I jumped at somewhere between .25 and .5. My last dose was 7am on the 24th. So by 7am tommorow, that will be a week. I was on sub for 4 plus yrs.

So far, the withdrawls have been COMPLETELY bearable. I took the hoilday weekend to detox, and went back to work tues. without missing a beat. In some ways, I seem to have MORE energy then when I was dosing. 24hrs after my last dose, I started sneezing. Sneezing has always been my bodys first que that I need some form of opiate, or Im gonna start to feel it! I was nervous. Aside from some aches and mild diarrhea, Ive felt pretty dang good.

Im sure some ppl will say " wait until day 8, it gets worse" but I'm not convinced its as bad as some threads make it seem. This post is for ppl who are putting off jumping b/c of threads that literally make them scared to even think about missing their dose. I had a strip in my wallet throughout this entire ordeal, and i never even looked at it….
ELE

Re: sub withdrawals, what sub withdrawals???

Postby jmarzula » Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 pm

ELE, congratulations on quitting! That is awesome. It seems to me you may have more determination than others or you may be able to deal with the pain of wd differently than some of us. I to took the holiday weekend to detox thinking it would be just like the pain pills i used to take. I felt great the first 3 days and then I started to feel worse on the 4th day. I lost all motivation and energy now. I dont feel nearly as bad as my wd from Hydrocodone though. It is bearable at best but today as of this evening I am beginning to feel as though I am getting better. The pain has subsided along with the sneezing. I jumped of at 2mg a day. That may also have something to do with my situation... Anyways, congratulations again for ending this horrible addiction. It gives me hope to hear you being able to enjoy life so soon after quitting. I hope that i am where you are soon.

Congrats and Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever

jmarzula
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever
jmarzula

Postby ELE » Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks Jmarzula,

I also wanted to clarify, My thread wasn't intended to have the narrative " I can do it, why cant you?". I was on Subs a very long time before I finally became disgusted with having to dose each day, just to be able to work/function/socialize. So, I'm not trying to put anyone down…

Also, I had 11 days off subs once before… while in jail… and I didn't have the chance to taper obviously that time… and that WAS HELLLLLL… esp b/c I had no access to any comforts, no support, nothing. I got out of jail, got high, then back on subs. The experience left me absolutely petrified to try quiiting subs again. But i guess the tapering really did make the difference, which after all, is how its intended to be done.
ELE

Postby jmarzula » Wed May 30, 2012 9:10 pm

ELE,

I did not feel you were saying "I can do it, why can't you?" If I came off that way with my post I apologize. Your thread gives me hope and breathes a little more life into my fueled fire to end my addiction. I have only been on subs for 1yr and 3mos. with my highest dosing being 8mg a day. I can only imagine the pain you have endured and hope that it ends very smoothly as it has so far. The taper definitely helped me to get to where I am. I have thought that maybe I should have tapered a little farther but then again I have been so anxious to get this over with that I was fed up with dosing.

Congrats again,
jmarzula
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever
jmarzula

Postby cheeps » Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 pm

The Sub Forum spectrum is full of Everyone's experience. This board is mostly made up of the sub failures and the peeps who feel lied to about easy sub w/d's by their sub dr!!

My mama always said.....forrest.....

uh no....

Mr Cheeps, ...

Until you walk in another man's shoes, you don't know what size he really wears....or some such shit.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby hope101 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:15 am

ELE...firstly, WELL DONE on getting off the subs.

I am SO glad that you have taken the time to post. I am just about to come off my sub & have not been on them anywhere the same length of time as yourself, yet all I seemed to be reading was horror stories about the withdrawal. I have cold turkey'd off the smack a few times and once off of Methadone (a long time ago). I would rather go through a CT than Meth withdrawal any day and was beginning to think the Sub WD was gonna be as bad or worse.

I have posted on here & a couple of people have PM'd me and after chatting I began to think that I bet you the people who have an ok WD don't really bother to post as they are not having a bad time so therefore don't feel the need to come on a forum. I have taken myself down to .75mg jumping by 0.25 every 3 or 4 days and so far have not experienced anything that I cannot handle. I have been through withdrawal enough times to realize that you will never ever get off scot free and expect to have what I consider to be 'normal' symptoms, as in toilet issues for a day or two,lack of energy and no sleep.

I can't thank you enough for posting as you have made me feel much better and I am in postive frame of mind about this all.

I also appreciate that others maybe do not find this so easy and do not wish to offend anyone who is or has had a bad time coming off sub. WE are all different to what we are able to tolerate or what we experience.

Thanks again ELE & keep up the good work you're doing AMAZING
xx
Hope
hope101

Postby subster58 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

ELE, welcome and major congrats. Hoping things will get better soon. Everyone is different when it comes to detox, so thanks for the great post. Keep up the great work.
Love and peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Sub zero » Thu May 31, 2012 7:53 pm

ELE wrote:I just felt inclined to type up a thread, after reading COUNTLESS threads which outlined an absolutely horrid picture of what withdrawaling from subs is like. I'm not convinced its as bad as some threads make it seem.

Well, I now feel inclined to type up a thread as well. There's an old saying - don't count yer chickens before they hatch And since you're "not convinced" I guess that's a polite and indirect way of saying the majority of people who posted here are full of shit? :lolno:
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby ELE » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 am

subzero-- There always seems to be at least one forum member, regardless of what type of forum, who simply looks for something to have an issue with. It wasn't a polite way of calling you a liar. You've apparently been through it.. so this thread wasn't addressed to you. This was for ppl who are still scared/on the fence about jumping. I would be happy if other members had something to add to this thread, or even to dispute it… but In my opinion your comment wasn't constructive at all…
ELE

Postby Sub zero » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 am

If were talking non-constructive comments then I think yours - which is directed at "people on the fence" is a prime example. What you said could give them a false sense of security about quitting. Believe me, very few people are going to get off as easy as you describe. Why not be honest and up front...tell them the ugly truth...then, if they have an easy time, they'll be pleasantly surprised. You can't argue with the statistics and the number of people here who have had a hard time getting off Suboxone. Simply because YOU say it was a cakewalk should not be interpreted as applying to the entire population of Sub users. And I'm not that "one forum member" you speak of...a lot of people here have been on the board a long time and they know from experience that we occaasionally get a new member who praises Suboxone and counters everything said in past threads. These kind of people never last long here.
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby nootlsjr » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:11 pm

there might be more then one truth, but only one right aswer. ween as low as indevidually possible, and jump, then stay clean day by day. the rest are indevidual cumforts to get you through another day. the days get better after 14 days [average]. who cares if you sudenly feel like you have a cold 5/6 months in.

your day to shine will come, but it starts with day one. its our choice to redue these days, but they still have to be done. a couple months of getting better days is worth a lifetime of unselfishness.lol. i mean a lifetime of happy days.

poop is waste with the potential to terminate unhealthy metabolites. i take lope stricly to the boxes instructions for good poops. i might be a poop head, but im not full of shit.lol.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby ELE » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:15 pm

@ sub zero-- didn't even come close to praising suboxone.. I think that message was clear when I took time to post about getting off of it. Obviously I dont praise suboxone, But I also think my experience is worth reading/considering.. just as much as anyone elses. I SImply felt like there was a disproportionate amount of horror stories, which come to think of it, Probably does make sense, considering "subsux.com" is the forum. However, I NEVER once said, "its a cakewalk". In Fact, I had stated that I was forced quit in jail at one point, and it was "HELLL". But this time, after a proper ween, and a complete disgust of lying to ppl about taking it, hiding my dose before work ea. day, and feeling guilty in general…. all these served as motivation… and 3.4…5….6….7….8…9 days have passed and I'm simply saying.. its hasn't been THAT bad. But, I'm glad you're here… to make those new members, who obviously are arrogant and ignorant( unlike yourself) feel welcome. I'm also glad you're here to make sure they "dont last long" as you described.

p.s. I hope that someone got something out of this thread, as the point of it was not to argue with subzero over its validity.
ELE

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Congratulations for kicking sub to the curb ELE..I think a lot of people feel sub withdrawal wasn't as bad as they imagined it would be, it's just tedious and drawn out. It's good to have a variety of stories and experiences noted here,good and bad...I hope you will hang around and help others.
Jules
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby bini72 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Wow, I am shocked at your experience. Good for you...but I have to ask....what dose did you take for 4yrs, and also are you taking any other meds to help you through? Obviously no two brains are alike. Your experience is in no way common. At day 7 I could barely even walk, and eating was too much work to hold a fork in my hand. I just hope you are not leaving anything out...because although great for you...your story is uncommon.
meth free since 1994
Heroin free since 2003
Demerol free since 2003

Sub use 7+yrs-FREE since April 27 2012
bini72

Postby Sub zero » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 pm

ELE wrote:to make those new members, who obviously are arrogant and ignorant( unlike yourself) feel welcome.

WELCOME :wave:
Sub free since 9/28/10
Sub zero

Postby nootlsjr » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 pm

sounds like ele made a 10 day stack payment, and is jumping from a lower dose. he earned this payment plan, and hope the best. the more stack, the more debt you owe.

i beleive using a sao with a lao [bridging] will lead to extra stack and a longer wd. i jumped from a lower dose, but wasnt stable on it from the h. my body will always remember sub, so if i now do the 3 day sub 4 h detox, i will have the intensity of h wd, and the lenth of sub wd. f that, dam orange devil.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby nootlsjr » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm

let me rephrase. being off sub for 9 months and having slipped with h and have to wd, made me relize i was wd h and sub when i jumped sub. im glad its over and i will never eat anything that tastes orange again.lol. just kidding, but sub wd is no joke, but can and should be done. dont be selfish, give back some of that wealth.lol. we all pay the price for our mistakes, but some people add more intrest then others. get on your ween/payment plan today and pay less intrest in the long run, the economy doesnt seem to be getting better. stop investing in cerupt accounts. invest in life.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby ELE » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:37 pm

I will try to address some of the questions that I saw asked…

I was part of a research study, at the University of Washington. Called Behavioral research and Therapy Clinics (BRTC). It was a two year long program for opiate addicts, where they provided free suboxone and actually paid you to participate in the studies. Each session was filmed, and they were literally trying to gain knowledge on how useful the drug was/ long term side effects/ etc. I convinced the nurse I needed 32mg a day.. which was the max. I NEVER took that much. for the first year(2007) I usually took 8mg a day, and sold the rest. If I wanted to use oxycodone during this time, I would just skip my sub, then go right back to it. For me, At the time, It was a dream. I could use as much as i could afford, and never got sick. I'm not proud of it… but thats what I did. At about one year in, thats when I got arrested and spent those 11 days I talked about earlier without sub… and like I said, It was awwwfulll. When I got out, I went right to the clinic, and picked up my dose, and was really scared to ever get off sub.

The second year, I kinda lowered myself to 4mg, sometimes even 2mg.. mainly so I could sell more. Then at two years in… so July of 2009.. the program ended for me.. no more sub for free. At this point I started taking 2mg doses that I would buy off the street. I never went and got a perscription b/c I "wasn't going to be on it for much longer" I told myself.

I continued taking 2mg doses until maybe July of 2010. At that point, I thought to myself " shit, I gotta get off this stuff" I dropped down to 1mg for the next year or more. I want to say that about 9-10 months ago is when i started literally ripping tiny peices off a single strip that I kept in my wallet. The dose must have been .5mg or less. I was so tired of being on sub, I tried to take so little that I didnt feel it.

Anyway, here we are almost July of 2012.. so I guess nearly 5 yrs. I was taking the smallest peices I could cut off a strip, before finally saying "fuck it! its memorial day weekend,If I skip my dose on friday that will give me FRI>SAT<SUN>MON> to detox and if i have to "ill call in on tues". Like I said, withdrawals were minimal. They were there… not saying I felt perfect… but really had to be honest with myself. I found myself thinking " wait, do I really feel THAT BAD".

I read a thread on here where someone wrote " If I get a chill, its not b/c I'm withdrawaling… I need a sweater"
I really identified with that… Sometimes we can trick ourselves into thinking the drug has more pull then it really does. I understand that other times… the drug reallly does have a HUGE effect on how we feel… and our body lets us know!! with lots of pain.

Anyway, Today is day day 10 without sub, and I just got back from a 50 mile bike ride around lake washington. Trust me, Im still anxious every single night… "is this the day I start to feel it?" "did the sub build up in my system so much that withdrawals haven't even started?" I ask myself these questions each day.

Thanks for reading, and for the support.
ELE

Postby ELE » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 pm

also, No drugs to help with withdrawals… other than on day 5 I had a few drinks to help sleep… Ive done that a few times actually.. helps quite a bit
ELE

Postby subster58 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 am

ELE. congrats on bring off subs. I think taking a small dose for so long helped you so much with the detox part.
Me and others were started on hudge doses, 32mg, 24mg. I went down to quick, and paid for it.
Good to see a positive outcome. 50 miles on a bike is awesome.
Love and Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Next

Return to Sub Sux