Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:35 am

Martin wrote:Year-end is a dirty word Cat! It's one reason why I don't celebrate New Years Eve! It means that humorless CPA's :zzz: in bad suits will be showing up any day to perform the dreaded year-end audit. I'm in it with ya! :suicide:

Audits and cpas and taxes....oh my...I'm gonna change that to AW FUCK! I hate paperwork that's lengthy, in a funny way I'm not real damn sorry I didn't get that data entry job. I shouldn't say that but reams of records drive me nuts sometimes. CPAS and auditors are a special breed. :banghead: :banghead: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:50 am

CPA's are a different breed that's for sure cheeps. I'm just a simple Financial Analyst/Accountant. I've got 2 C Corps & personal taxes that have to be handled. My CPA does what I tell him too. :lol: He's been with me since 1992.

Luckily I actually like my job. I just don't like it all that much on a long slow sub taper. I look forward to the day when I put this behind me & am back to my regular self. (Hopefully without too much pain to deal with). As you can see, I'm kind of worried about the pain aspect of getting off all opy's. I need to go find Threads that address this.

So off I go to read, read, read... :geek:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am

Okay, this is odd. I stayed up a bit late last night watching football playoffs. Slept in a bit late, had my coffee as normal & all was well. Then when I dosed, WD back pain came screaming in. What's the deal with that? This seems off to me. I should feel better after I dose, but my back is killing me. :gaah: Any thoughts? :crazy:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:46 pm

You shouldn't have rooted for the fucking SAINTS.....that's the problem!! :rofl: :spank: :rofl: :mrgreen:

I think the way you were lying on the couch got you....do you normally do this position? Sometimes it just doesn't take much for pain receptors to bitch.

Does moving around help? It should....if all else fails, hot shower first, easy slow gentle stretching, trip to a conservative chiropractor. Or you can become a damn panthers fan....and this never would have happened. :cheers: :cheers: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 am

Hahaha funny cheeps. :lolno: The Hubs is from South Carolina so I tried to be a bit neutral (but I really wanted the Saints to win). Actually, now that I think about it, I was laying on the couch in a weird position due to one of my cats getting to my spot before I did.

This back pain seems to be my thing when adjusting to a new dose. Oh well, it could be worse. I take a motrin (not on an empty stomach) & it helps a lot.

It appears that I will be on a new dose around the 2 week mark, no less. That seems to be what I need to do at this dose (2.5). At this rate, it's going to take me quite a while to taper. I won't even look at the calendar to calculate it. It is what it is...
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Cat....that's correct. While we can try to be methodical, it doesn't work out that way sometimes. You will win with the mindset you have. You said you had to be on your game for taxes and that is what you'll do. After it's over I see you pushing harder....and that's what you will do to win. Sorry about that typo!

On the days you feel guilty or whatever...don't lean into the future. Live that day. It's what we CAN do that we need to be proud of.

Oh hell I like the saints too...drew brees is amazing.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm

I really wish that I could taper faster, but it's just not going to happen "right now". Work is too important. I was hoping to jump somewhere around my Birthday at the end of July. But it will probably take longer. I just have to go slow to avoid WD symptoms. As I see it, there's no need to suffer if you taper slow.

Under 1 mg, well that's a different story & I know it.
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Hey Cat...Thanks for the kind words you laid on my thread. I just went back and re-read chunks of your thread, especially dosing and medication history. I started skulking around SubSux over 4 years ago and there’s this sense you get after a while of reading 100s of peoples’ unique set of circumstances. Patterns emerge. What I realize is you can tell, feel even, people that are going to get off of this terrrible drug, and people (me included going back a ways) that either aren’t ready, fully prepared, have the wrong motivation (eg., my wife says I have to stop taking suboxone). My point is, I am 100% sure your full-throated ‘declaration of cessation’ and heart filed dedication is clearly apparent. Screw calendars and clocks, they’ll keep progressing but so will you. At one time on some day you are going to be suboxone free. There is zero doubt in my mind, becasue there is zero doubt in your mind. You were on 16 mg (even though it was a short time) but hung at 5 mg for a good while. There’s no other way to see that other than dedicated progress.

See you at the Freedom Tower.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ 0.12 mg 2xday
Alprazolam: Yup!
Subverted DietDoc

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Wow Doc thanks for the words of wisdom & support! I just read about how much better you're feeling today about your taper. I am just so darned happy for you. This was the most positive post I think I've ever seen from you about your taper. I'm with you - you are going to be free this time. It's going to happen & it's going to happen for me too. Don't know when. Could take a very long time from 2.5. But I'm 59 years old & I'm doing the best that I can.

The one thing I do know is that I'm going down on my dose. Always down. Always down!!! It may be slow. It may be unpleasant at times. But I'm always headed in the right direction. I never could have done this without SS. It's folks like you that make it bearable. Knowledge is power & everyone here actively tapering or jumping has it in spades.

I would love to meet everyone in NYC. I forgot the date. Was it June 1? I'm concerned that I'm going to be thick in the middle of my liquid taper at that time. I love NYC. Used to go every year for all things fashion. But sub sucked my ability to make that trip. Maybe I can make it. It would mean the world to me to meet all you fine folks. It really would.

Keep up the good work Doc. Again, I'm so happy for you!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Hey Cat. I'm sorry I have been AWOL. Just going through a tough time the past week. I just typed about it on my thread. I'm trying to pull myself out of this funk, but it is hanging on to me like a tick, sucking away at me.

As for you, I'm so happy that you're down to 2.5. Remember when you thought you could never get that low? You just keep doing what you're doing and you will be done. It will take time, but honestly, time passes so quickly, it will be over before you know it. I'm going to get there too. I'm not altogether sure what life without subs or a sub taper looks like, but we will both find out.

I can't type much more but i didn't want you to think I'd forgotten you. I think about you, Cheeps,Tim, SDD, and everyone here who is tapering or getting ready to do so. I think about you guys all the time. I have trouble reading anything for any length of time. I'm hoping that at some point I'll be able to read again. To actually read a book. I have several waiting for me on my Kindle. Just can't stay focused.

Sending you my love

Anna
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Oh Anna, I know for a fact that you would never forget about me. Surely you can feel me right there with you. I pray for you often. You will get the blood sucking tick off your back! You will be okay!

Thanks for the effort to come & type on my Thread. It means the world to me. I totally understand when you can't. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. You've hit a damn rough patch here. This too shall pass Anna.

XOXO
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Still envious about your music concerts. In my area during the 70/80 period, it was bob segar, Charlie Daniels, Waylon, willie....all the southern rock....which was fine but we didn't get some of the jazzy, more sophisticated music but loved. Hell, I got laughed at for loving Queen....if I only could've seen THAT Freddy, I'd be complete.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

We lived in Dallas from 1981 to 1990. Great time for the beginnings of Alternative Music. We must have gone to a 1,000 concerts. We could charge them on our Sears card back then! Needless to say, we were in some serious debt. :lol: We would have loved to have seen Queen also. Many great rock bands came through Dallas & we went to every one we could. Good times. We still live a large city, but as I've said, I lost my love for music. :( I can't hardly wait for that to come back. Very soon I hope. :puppy-dog:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby T-Rock » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm

The music will come back - trust me. I go to every concert / show I can go to now and it is great!
T-Rock

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 am

I'm counting on just that T. The Hubs will be so happy. Sometimes the poor guy just goes to concerts by himself now. :puppy-dog: I've been to a few over the years, but a botched surgery then opy's/sub put me in such a bad place. Very sad.

A little update. I'm still stuck on 2.5. I think I rushed from 3 to 2.75 to 2.5. I make a journal but lost sight (somehow) of how many days I was staying on each dose. Now I'm kind of stuck. It's weird. Some symptoms indicate I'm taking too much, some that I'm taking too little. This drug in beyond bizarre. Sub really does suck! :gaah:

I have to believe I will reach homeostasis soon. Today is 14 days at 2.5. Why don't I feel better? Up on a Saturday morning at 6 AM? :suicide:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 am

In the dose area you are in...there are going to be good signs but still weird shit. You may find it better at 2 mgs. This is a good sign....your crying spell the other night is actually progress. I think the emotion is caused by the return of your own dopamine on top of the bit off sub that's sitting on the mu. I'm not a chemist so in don't know how to explain that and could be talking out of my ASS.

It's the little battle going on and hard to tell if anybody is winning! But...You are...I know you just want to Jack slap the side of your head sometimes though. Well, I did.

That's really cool about the concerts...so damn lucky!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Well, when I was up before the sun this morning I used the information from other sub taperer's/jumpers to just say this is okay. Sure I don't want to be up at 6 AM on a Saturday, but this could & is going to happen. That made it okay. I was proud of myself actually. I could not have done this without SS.

My crying spell was based on a real life event that would have put any cat lover in tears. Even the hubs was crying! Long story, but it involved my feral outdoor rescue cat that I did the trap/spay/release many years ago. Then she just disappeared. That day was 6 days missing, 2 severe storms, then cold air & wind chill in the teens but still she didn't come home. I feared the worst & lost hope that night. The next day I looked out the kitchen window & there she was! And she was fine. My prayers were answered. :angel:

I do feel fine today, but I'm still going to hold here for just a bit longer. Need me some good days. I'll know when its time to drop to 2.25. Yea, I wonder if I'll feel better at 2. :shrug: I'm very anxious to get there, but patience is key right now. :smart:

So I trudge forward (is that even a word?)...
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey Cat, so glad you missing kitty returned. We had a pretty large colony living under where I used to work. They were also trapped/neutered/released. We named them and fed them. I would always worry when the weather got very cold, but they were always ok. I took a sick kitten home before the spaying took place, and I found homes for a bunch more kittens. I know you must have been so relieved.

You will indeed know when its time to drop again.

Hope its warmer where you are than it is here today. Have a lovely Sunday.

Anna
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm thrilled to hear that others know about the trap/spay or neuter/release program. It saves so much suffering & so many lives. Good to know others are doing it too. Haven't seen her today, but I know someone else is taking care of her too. That's good too. She'll be by when she's ready.

I'm going to drop 1 day of the up coming week to 2.25. Sure, it's slow, but it's going in the right direction. Too many year end responsibilities at work to be detoxing from a drop. So slow it is!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:37 pm

A cat will hole up in bad weather or after some strenuous hunting. Mine go under the house and I don't even see them but the food gets gone. Sometimes I go looking, can't find them....go back to the house or pop open a shed door...there they are, looking at me like I'm disturbing them.....

kitty....you prolly won't even feel this drop.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux