Just introducing myself... Want to start a taper!

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Just introducing myself... Want to start a taper!

Postby Mrs.Farley7712 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm

After over 10 years of addiction I finally decided to get into a sub doc, I got in in just a few days. My doc was pain killers at first but once my habit started costing too much I jumped to heroin. After seeing plenty of friends and family od from fent I decided I needed help. I go to my sub doc once a week, they started me on 2 8mg tabs once a day even though I never take my full dose. I want to start a taper any ideas??? I appreciate any and all info
Mrs.Farley7712

Re: Just introducing myself... Want to start a taper!

Postby SmottleB » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 pm

How much sub did you have to take to curb withdrawals? This is important in creating a taper. How did you do your DOC? Is there any way to get the strips? For an addict the pills are dicey. There are many here that will help. I am just reaching out. Others, I’m sure, will ask for more info. To be able to help more.
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Mrs Farley...cut those fuckers up and get yourself to 4mgs immediately. As a new sub user, you can get off this shit with very little wds if you do it now!!! THE LONGER YOU TAKE IT, THE HARDER IT GETS....ITS A MENTAL MINDFUCK MORE THAN PHYSICAL. Well shit, didn't mean to scream but its worth it.

taper now...how many days have you taken it?

Welcome to SS.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 am

Welcome,
I agree with Cheeps. Long term sub use is awful. If I were you I’d start tapering immediately.,..
nomojo3479

Return to General