Arlene Ford

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Arlene Ford

Postby sadsack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Folks,

Many of you knew a tough and often ornery woman named Arlene. She was a member of this Forum, though most of her postings (15,000--20,000!!) were filed on ODR (Opiate Detox Recovery)---until, that is, she was finally banned from ODR.

Arlene could be extremely difficult, even when her points were 100% right-on. She did not suffer fools. I know this, since I was on the receiving end of many of her tirades. Often deservedly so. No, she wasn't always right...and some of her beliefs flew in the face of what this forum believes in.

However, despite her occasional sharp tongue, and the manner in which she never held back, Arlene was, always and always, a kind, loving and good hearted woman. Even when full of crap, she meant well---and, to the best of my knowledge, she remained, after decades of nightmarish drug addiction, a clean and sober woman. For many years.

Last night, however, Arlene died. I don't know the circumstances of her death...only that she died, surrounded by her beloved sons and other family members.

Arlene is dead. And the world is a little less good today.

sam bailey
sadsack

Re: Arlene Ford

Postby syd » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Thank you Sam for letting us know.

I tried looking for her just a few weeks back. All I found was an outdated FB page. We lost touch when her mom got sick & then she fell off those stilts she called shoes.

I dont know how she managed to reply to everyone that found their way to ODR. The number of ppl she reached out to is mind boggling. And yes, we didnt always agree. But she believed what she believed and she shared for the sheer love of helping a fellow addict/paying it forward.

I think even Ratch would attest that Arlene in a way, was a catalyst in the formation of The Detox Forum and ultimately SubSux.

I am saddened to hear of her passing.

Knowing her love of country music, I cant think of a more fitting tribute song.

syd

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:13 am

Rest In Peace
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 am

Arlene was a funny funny hell raisin' woman. She helped me so so so fucking much when I got off the methadone. Her humor and wisdom were priceless.

And syd, you are so right about her influences here. One of my staying clean threads has a long well written timeline by her.

She is dancing in her heaven on those fucking stilettos!! I celebrate you Arlene and will always remember you for your favorite line.

This too shall pass. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Dcleanist » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:56 am

Good people don't die. They live on in memory. I'm sure her influence will live on forever. Peace
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Return to General