Story/Help

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Story/Help

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:08 am

Sure Cheeps, I get ya. I just have so much respect for your words of inspiration. I've benefited greatly from them so I guess I'm just biased.

Everyone brings something good to the table here & thank goodness for that.

Happy Holidays to all.
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby drksouled » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:55 am

Hey all I want to share something. I went to my sub Doctor a couple days ago, and when I saw him I told him that I was confident and hoped it's the last time I will be seeing him. He said "congratulations (not yet Doc, lol) you will be the first person to graduate the program", and smiled and shook my hand. I said "first person ever"?, and he went on to say that one person had successfully gotten off, and told me it was a physician who was "highly motivated" and was on subs for one year. So yeah, this is a well known sub doctor in the metro Detroit area, with a lot of patients, I see them every time they are there, looking just like you and I, of course.

I'm pretty sure this is reflective of the subuoxone situation in general and not a case of the Doctor trying to keep patients hooked. I can say from my experience with this doctor that he is a good guy and has been pushing (me at least) to get off for years.

It really is all about motivation, that and I truly believe that people are not educated enough when it comes to subs (Docs and patients) and they think they need to take so much of it, and they have a hard time (mentally) taking lower doses.

Also, my Doctor said he would prescribe me Clonidine to "take instead of the suboxone" (his words). Of course he means to take to help the withdrawal symptoms. Does anyone have any experience with Clonidine? And what else should I be asking my doctor for as far as comfort meds. He's the one that brought up the Clonidine so that's good.

Anyway thought I'd share. Thanks for listening.
drksouled

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:43 pm

The troubles with sub are starting to come out of the closet!! When physicians get hooked and their other dr friends find out, attitudes change....and that's a good thing.

Clonindine is a very good coach mfort med used in detoxes everywhere. You may ask hm for flexiril, it is a muscle relaxer and if he knows anything about gabapentin, it is useful too. All of these help with the heebie jeebies but the flexiril helps mostly with restless legs.

Look them up, talk to him again and see what he'll help you with. Come back with any questions....here's a thread on comfort meds.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2977
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to General