Quittin Time!!

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Quittin Time!!

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am

Great news Tim. You put in the hard work prior to your jump & it's really paying off now. You still need to focus 100% on yourself at this time. I'm sorry for your sister & your friend, but right now they need to take care of themselves while you fight the good fight "for you"!

You can make the effort to help them in the future. That will make you feel good about yourself & maybe help with the mental waves that come on later.

Keep posting those long posts. No problem here. We need to know...we want to know how you're doing! Many are following right behind you.

Hope you're feeling as good as you can today!
Cat
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Your sis is very lucky to have you in her corner...you truly understand what she faces and while she has to come out of denial and that's very frustrating to you....it could happen if you keep talking and listening to her. Everyone has a tipping point, some call that rock bottom....I don't really believ in that phrase because some peeps stay in the hell and do have some good bits to their lives and seem to live in rock bottom every day.

I prefer tipping point....and when they get there, they might be open to education and get out of denial...because we all know that's what starts the process. Rock bottom doesn't....it's just the hell you maintain and can live in. I guess to me, rock bottom is the denial period

But anyways you are reaping the benefits of going slow. I think your PAWS will be minimal. Now that your smeller has been turned on wide open....down the road when you hit a patch of PAWS maybe your smeller will be the first indicator. I could tell and still can when I'm going to have an off day...simply from smells. I,can still smell mouse shit from 50 feet.

And ALL the doctors who place men peeps on sub should tell them right up front.....yer dick is going to shrivel....but no worries, if you ever get off this shit, you'll be dragging around a monster boner for a few months. Women are affected too, so if a couple managed to get off opiates at the same time....better watch out :boobshake: :boobshake: if they didn't have kids pre sub.....there might be triplets coming soon. :mrgreen:

I'm so proud of edotz...she really put incredible information on this forum and many many people read it EVERYDAY. Her attention to detail is priceless.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Tim!!!! TIM!!!!! TIMMMMM!!! Where the fuck are you??? I need to hear how you're doing. Don't disappear on us. Hopefully you are busy being Sub free and enjoying the feeling. I am thinking of you. You are a star....shine brightly.

:kiss:

Anna banana :banana:
Annalo57

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 pm

Annalo57 wrote:Tim!!!! TIM!!!!! TIMMMMM!!! Where the fuck are you??? I need to hear how you're doing. Don't disappear on us. Hopefully you are busy being Sub free and enjoying the feeling. I am thinking of you. You are a star....shine brightly.

:kiss:

Anna banana :banana:

Anna- He posted a comprehensive update yesterday. Just go back a page.

Tim...speaking of said update...thanks man. I am so happy for you and proud of you. And all you report puts the wind at my back, and I’m sure I’m not the only one impacted this way by you’re saga.

I am sure that whatever challenges lay ahead will be taken on by the champion that is you.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Wow, my eyes must be worse than I thought. Sheesh.
Annalo57

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Anna....same thing happens to me. Sometimes I have to go back and find my avatar in the thread and start reading from the last time I posted. I know you will be glad when the vision clears up...it will.

Tim!!! You and mz4er are in the spotlight....never though that would be on a dinky detox forum. But you two are stars now!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm thinking of you Tim. Wishing you all the best today & hoping that you're holding your own. Post when you can!
XOXO
Cat
CatsMeow

Postby SubJumpa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Heh peeps checking in on day 15... wanna say thanks for all the replies and input, so grateful for you guys and this place!! Anyhow feeling extremely well still physically each day.. I have some anxiety in the mornings but once I get up and going it disappears quickly.. Extremely grateful that sleep has still been steady!! I am finding I have to pace my self and slow down a bit though- kinda like with the taper..I Hit the gym a little to hard on like Wendsday- not to mention everything going on with my sister -- I paid for it on Thursday- Friday.. I was an emotional and mental mess!! Constant racing thoughts and depression and crying!! I Have to stay humble and keep reminding myself that this is really just the beginning of the process, this is where I really need to be patient and remember it's going to take time to heal!!

Just relaxing & getting ready to watch the Pats/ Steelers game tonight.. Should be a good one-Pats looked like shit against Miami !!! Lol hope I don't lose my shit and smash my tv or something!

Much love T
Last edited by SubJumpa on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SubJumpa

Postby Eyedotz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:30 pm

That game was fucking INSANE dude!!!! Holy shit.... talk about jumping up and down and screaming!!! Glad you’re doing well T!!!
Eyedotz

Postby SubJumpa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 pm

No shit dotz!! So much for a fucking relaxing Sunday!!! :ogeez: :gaah:
SubJumpa

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Ya dang yanks....Brady finally shows up, two weeks late for my fantasy football. That fucker! Y'all have your fun now....I can't wait until the panthers whoop some ass.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 pm

OK...I checked my PM and something strange happened. I addressed it correctly but it went to someone else (you). Thanks god I did t write anything personal (to or from). But I wrote a note about biochemistry to our other hero (S47) but it went to Jummpaman. Weird right? Sorry about that but I really think it was a site glitch, not a SDD glitch haha.

Either way, both you guys are my Captains.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Subverted DietDoc wrote:OK...I checked my PM and something strange happened. I addressed it correctly but it went to someone else (you). Thanks god I did t write anything personal (to or from). But I wrote a note about biochemistry to our other hero (S47) but it went to Jummpaman. Weird right? Sorry about that but I really think it was a site glitch, not a SDD glitch haha.

Either way, both you guys are my Captains.

It's a site glitch. I don't think they will get the PMs but I don't know.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SubJumpa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Yeah definitely a site glitch and not a sdd glitch and Cheeps I did receive the pm.. Cheeps I want to help out and send some money but im kinda old school and don't do PayPal..is there some other way I can send some money??

Checking in day 18...definitely more susceptible to colds/viruses.. sick as hell last night puking out of knowwhere!! Part of me thought it might be withdrawal symptoms cause I had the achy legs, chills and a high fever..idk maybe it was, I feel much better today but fatigued as all hell!!
SubJumpa

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:37 am

Tim, I think it's a bug....puking isn't really part of detox this late in the game. PayPal is the only way but you can send it to me and I can send it to ratch. I have a PayPal account.

If you want to do it just go to PayPal and register, I can't remember what all they ask for, so if I can help....use email to contact me. I'll send it to you.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SubJumpa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:15 am

Heh peeps checking in on day 22... physically I'm still doing absolutely fine for the most part..I have these moments of greatness where I feel super energetic and really ambitious!! Early in the week I had the stomach bug and that took a few days to recover from.. That kinda put the brakes on my exercise regimen and at times I have been really lethargic with zero motivation as well..

I know it's only the start of the healing process but I'm finding it hard to adjust back into my family life with the wife and kids. It's strange it's like I still have this inprint of the way I'm suppose to not think or not feel about things etched in my mind.. also had some depression late last week where everything just felt wrong for a few days and I couldn't stand myself for some reason.. I've been working on not dwelling on the racing thoughts and trying to keep a positive outlook and keep plugging away but sometimes when i'm stuck in it the hardest thing to do is let go!!

Gained ten pounds already since I jumped.. Towards the end of my taper I was definitely under weight so my body seems be adjusting physically quite well for the most part..

One thing I worried about while tapering was my addiction to taking something multiple times a day. I really thought that once I stopped for good I would be having cravings or at least thoughts about needing to take something. But I haven't thought about needing to take sub even once!! That alone is something to be grateful for in my mind cause every other time after getting off opies it was white knuckling it for sure!!

Well wanted to post and wish everyone a Happy Holiday!!! I hope everyone is doing well!!

Best Tim
SubJumpa

Postby Dcleanist » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:39 am

Congrats subjumpa

You know you're almost better when you get your first day without any opy/wd related thoughts. The good news is the fams can't hurt you more than you hurt yourself. Sorry if it's your turn to be the punching bag but take it with a smile because you're free to feel, pain and pleasure. Maybe even have sensations again. If you where good this year lol. Happy holidays. Peace
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Tim....those mental thoughts do clock in on a regular basis these first weeks. Just keep telling yourself that it is NOT the real you, that you will NOT have the scattered weird emotions once things calm down. After about 45 days you may start to go thru a real blah stage.

You will not know your true self for many more months. In Sub4sevens thread he talks about this...
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 am

How ya doing Tim? Hopefully you survived the Holidays & are progressing along post jump. Update when you can. We're all here to support in any way that we can.

Looking forward to the New Year!
Cat
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Hey Tim. Its me, Anna banana. I'm sorry I haven't been on much at all through the holidays. So much going on, too much food also, making me sluggish. Then there's the whole squooshed eyeball thing making my vision really fuzzy.

I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you I could cry. I know you're on an emotional rollercoaster, but also think its really awesome that you have been getting emotional. That is a really good thing. On opies we really don't feel much. Feeling is good, its what life is all about. We need to relearn pretty much everything about feelings when we give up opies. It's just part of the process. Embrace it, all of it. I know about this rollercoaster, it means you're getting better. So embrace your tears my friend, they will heal you. Hug your wife, hug your kids, and then hug them some more.

I have no other advice for you because you are a SubJumpa, and I am not just yet. But I am going to follow you through that magical door someday soon. So don't go anywhere because I will need you when I do. I'm down to .46mg.

I am wishing a Merry Christmas(a tad late) and a Happy New Year(a tad early) to you and your family.

I'm gonna go smoke a little MJ now and play with my daughter's puppy. He's such a cute little guy, though he's very guarded and shy. But my oh my does he adore my daughter. And she is such a good pet parent, I'm proud of her. It's cool. My plan is to win this puppy,Theo, over completely.

Love you
Anna :banana:
Annalo57

PreviousNext

Return to General