Subtaper

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Subtaper

Postby cheeps » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Jesus....plantar fasciitis ruined my life for years. I taped those damn feet for a year before I could get my insurance to pay for shockwave therapy to bust up the fascia and allow healing!! Calf stretches calf stretches and more calf stretches...never go barefoot, always wear ascics, Birkenstocks, or crocs. Those have the best support. Orthotics are ok but are a bitch to fit correctly.

Here's what I want to do to PF :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :MrT:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 pm

I found your thread! What the hell are you doing over here in General...you are the current President of Club Sub!

I just wanted to thank you for your thoughtful response to my PM questions...which I would have posted here if I had thought to look anywhere other than the SubSux forum.

You are a heartbeat away from chemical emancipation and I am proud to know you. I dream of making it .12 mg/d

It’s all relative I suppose. Mare looks at me and thinks .4 mg is amazing, and Lucy looks at Mare and dreams of making it down to 3 mg.

Speaking of Lucy, it makes me sad when people seem so enegaged on the fourm and just vanish. I know there’s been many more people that start a taper thread and just disappear than there are people that stick around and see it through.

You, my friend, are the king of sticking around and seeing it through. Hero.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering
Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:34 am

Hi Tim,
Just checking in with you. You sound pretty ok to me. You are coming to the end of this. I know you still have a way to go but you haven't let anything stop you and your so fucking productive. I consider myself a freakin' hero just by getting to the gym 3 times a week and pretending to exert myself.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by to say hi. You rock man. You are leading the way for this rag tag group of current taperers of which I am a charter member.

I will try to be a bit more productive. With Xmas coming, I really don't have a choice. I'm freakin' Santa Clause. Bring on the merry.

Always,
Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

cheeps wrote:I posted this in mzers threadtoo.

Ok....here's another little gem....you and Tim may not have colds....it's the detox....but I will say during and after detox you will have upper respiratory issues frequently. Opiates block histamine release....when you have no opies in your system you get clogged up. And....Its because your body temperature has changed and you are colder....that makes you more susceptible to germs and viruses when you do actually get sick.

Oh wow, this is great info. My nose gets clogged up almost every time that I drop. It happens when I lay down in bed. I just use a little Afrin so that I can get to sleep because I can't sleep breathing through my mouth. :gaah: I bet this will be a symptom for me, or it may go away until I jump. At least now I know why. Thanks Cheeps.

Tim, hope you're doing okay today. This is a rough time & I'm sorry that you're out of Gaba. Can you get some from your regular Dr.? Most say that it really helps during acute.

Take good care and check in when you can.
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Previous

Return to General