I'm back...

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

I'm back...

Postby LastAttempt! » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi guy's so here we go again lol, not sure who's around now or if you remember me but after the sub ended I went back to H and gradually crept up until things started to fall apart and I decided I had to change once and for all. I'm in a detox clinic doing a straight heroin detox and I'm on night 12 of 14 nights. Last week was pure hell as you can imagine but once the lofexidine started to work and the anti puking and shitting meds kicked in things did become easier although on day 2 I was glad to be 100+ miles away from home without cash or car or I might have caved. I get my first Naltraxone test half dose tomorrow of which I'm a little worried is going to stop the imodium doing its job and I'm dreading tomorrow as last day of lofexidine so only allowed 2 pills for the whole day, was 4 today. Anyways can't wait to get out of here and start my life properly I'm 100% positive this time as I'm doing it just for me. How's everyone else doing?
Got this biatch!!! Free of Dope and back on life since 16/01/17!! :D
LastAttempt!

Re: I'm back...

Postby The Blind Ass » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Good for you. Keep it real and you'll go far. Stay strong so to not fall for the sirens song calling you to shipwreck and all will be well in time.
The Blind Ass

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Here is your former thread....I would like to see you read thru it and give us your thoughts on what has happened. What can you change to have a better long term outcome.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1011
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby LastAttempt! » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:03 am

Hi cheers I was reading through some of that the other day, I totally forgot I was only on h for a year at the start and then stuck on sub for 4 whole years! Insane! Sitting in detox TV lounge at 6am been here since 3am, worst night in a few was last night as no lofexidine and as last night would only give a half dose of zopiclone. Getting picked up by parents at midday, can't wait to get home. They wouldnt give me my tester dose of naltraxone yesterday which really upset me as my 5th day detox swab was positive, it blew my mind I thought would have been completely out my system. The piss tests they do here are always clear just the swab that goes to a laboratory to be tested. They said without a negative swab result they won't risk naltraxone in case I get really ill and end up in hospital. Will have to wait till tomorrow now when I see the recovery doctor in my town. I'm doing all the meetings, groups etc I can get my hands on. I'll catch up on the rest of my own thread when I get home to my pc as on a phone. Also I never had naltraxone before.

Cheers Lee.
LastAttempt!

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Lee....when you get home and feel better please check back in asap....I'm glad they waited on the nal....much better that way.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby LastAttempt! » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi Cheeps,

Back home now, was feeling actually pretty good when got home, had a bath and blasting tunes on my headphones all day. Felt exhausted so was pretty sure would sleep but no such luck, seemed to become agitated within 5 mins of getting in bed, so got up and fired up the PC :P

Night 15 now and completely free of all support meds apart from 2 x loperamide this morning for the stated on the box reason lol.

Have an appointment back in my home town tomorrow with the drugs team doctor and hopefully can start my Nal tomorrow, i never felt this positive last time if i'm honest but i will got read a bit more of my old thread now.

My only concern is that the Naltrexone will effect the loperamide in my guts receptors but can't find any evidence of this online.

Will check back soon :)

Cheers Lee.
LastAttempt!

Postby The Blind Ass » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:28 pm

:thumbup: Good going Lee. Keep writing, Im following along and rooting for you. Make sure to ask your physician that question, whether he/she knows or not is up in the air seeing as that is a very specific and complex interaction in terms of theory..but it's good to let him know your taking loperamide when you see him/her... letting him know its for its intended purpose.

How is your head?
The Blind Ass

Postby LastAttempt! » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Exhausted and weak but positive, this is the last time i'm doing this mate, I want my life back I'm sick and tired of one opiate or another.

Even though most the time i feel like shit i notice already i catch myself smiling sometimes, don't know what causes it but it's good lol.

Spent a lot of time doing groups pre detox and during the second week of detox, was too ill the first week of detox, i think that's really helped chatting with other people with years and years of clean time under their belts.

Fingers crossed for a good Naltrexone experience tomorrow :D

Cheers Lee.

PS It's always the damn insomnia that fucks me over lol :)
LastAttempt!

Postby The Blind Ass » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Bring that up with your physician too. I always would mention with mine that - "although I am a drug addict, I am also a man - and when any man goes to long without enough sleep he loses the ability to think clearly and so his resolve may weaken - also it makes the withdrawals symptoms seem worse than they really are and it is a mind trip that I would like your help with please kind Doctor of medicine! :lol:

- this may put a light bulb on in his head and he may or may not offer you some non-habit forming sleep med like doxepin or traxadone for a week or two or maybe even something like neurontin or what have you.

I would not recommend having any expectation for the naltrexone other than "seeing how it goes" as they say...for science's sake. Just in case you get let down for a day or two because of some temporary side effect for example.

Then again if you go in with no expectation other then the "seeing how it goes thing" (aka learning with a beginners mind) you might be pleasantly surprised. Either way your in for something new, and that can't be all bad unless your allergic :punchballs: . Wishing you the best - you have endured this much , where so many go and run from a temporary feeling of sickness and dis-ease , to that you owe yourself a smile or 10,000.

Imagine in 1-3 months your going to look back on this time of your life - and Boom - like it was all just some shitty dream - its now only a memory - but then you have your soundness of mind back and your strength of body back.

Music music music, and hydration and good food, and many a hot bath, nature walks, and dancing like an idiot in private to go beyond my little thoughts and feelings and into the trance of absorption and writing on this forum and in a journal are what got me through the toughest parts...non action is what sustains my abstinence, I do nothing and get everything.
The Blind Ass

Postby LastAttempt! » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks for the reply mate,

Never heard of those sleep meds to be honest, i was given a zopiclone every night at around 11 or 12 pm and after the first 8 days or so i started to get some sleep now i'm out with nothing feels like a step backwards. Managed to eat some scrambled eggs on toast earlier which is good although i can't eat much as stomach has shrunk to size of a walnut or maybe all that puking bile and retching a week ago has upset my insides quite a bit.

Thought the upset gut maybe would be getting a little better at 2 weeks but if i'm being totally honest after what i went through in there i feel like what i'm getting now is child's play although like you said the insomnia can wear you down over time,

Well gonna shut PC down now and go make a brew then have another go at sleep lol.

Cheers Lee.
LastAttempt!

Postby Subblind » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Keep up the fight man,like BA said soon it will all be a memory.im rootin for you and have respect for your resolve to be free of the poison...keep fighting,your getting there.
Subblind

Postby LastAttempt! » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:47 am

Well just had naltrexone 5mins ago, have to wait at doctors now for an hour and make sure no bad reaction. Wish me luck lol.
LastAttempt!

Postby The Blind Ass » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 am

You followed through, how is that for resolve? +1 to you. Let us know how it goes. You are well on your way Lee.
The Blind Ass

Postby Subblind » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:57 pm

How you making out??
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:46 pm

Hey lee....hope you get some sleep tonight....drag out the slow tranquil music and float in bed for a while....hot shower, patience, soak your feet....do some mild stretching. Stay busy during the day....a lot of peeps say don't nap but I think you should rest when tired and if you sleep....then sleep! It's early to nail yourself to schedule.....we're here!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby LastAttempt! » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:23 am

Naltrexone didn't suit me, was fine the hour waiting at doctors for a reaction but within an hour of getting home starting getting excruciating pain in my stomach, like contractions 4 or 5 at a time every ten mins or so that lasted pretty much all night but got more time in between them. Was so painful though would be sick but wasn't. Must admit after a couple of hours i did come close to going hospital, also diarrhea back with a vengeance. Feel pretty damn low at the minute but gonna take whatever comes, not giving in!

Nothing passed my lips apart from sips of water since yesterday morning, could not eat if i wanted to.

Feel like the naltrexone but me back a few days but not as bad as when things were at there worst by a long shot.

Not took a dose this morning, gonna wait a few days till things settle then hopefully have another go, if happens again won't bother with them.

First time i felt up to actually typing since i took the Nal, speak soon guys.

Cheers Lee.

PS If i feel like i can drive later i'm gonna go down town and get some of that Valerian Root for helping to sleep and see if it works, anyone tried it?

Lee.
LastAttempt!

Postby The Blind Ass » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:04 am

Valerian Root, Kava Kava, and Passion Flower are all decent enough herb/plant/root derived medicines.
I had some Kava Kava in tincture form as well as Passion Flower in tincture form...Kava extract works but only for about 2 weeks. Whether it can override opiate withdrawals is another thing...but its properties can be useful to some. I used tinctures in the past because its you can put a dropper full or 3 in a glass of milk or what have you and mask the flavor and it'll be easy on the stomach...while working quickly.

http://www.iherb.com/pr/Gaia-Herbs-Kava ... swodfHoJjg
-link to one product I have experience with.
Read up on it before using it though please, it can be habit forming and may have interactions with other herbs/meds.

Stay strong, remember it is just being sick...it'll pass through you and then you'll be prime again.
The Blind Ass

Postby LastAttempt! » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks bud, never had the energy to leave the house in the end, plus i don't wanna be too far from a convenience lol. Running a nice hot bath now. Will try go get something tomorrow.
LastAttempt!

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:01 pm

LastAttempt! wrote:Thanks bud, never had the energy to leave the house in the end, plus i don't wanna be too far from a convenience lol. Running a nice hot bath now. Will try go get something tomorrow.

If you can get thru this weekend and get over the stomach issues...you'll feel so much better. It sucks the nal is making you sick. Get some chicken soup or whatever you can stand. I think others have had this problem. Don't let it make you cave....if you cave, you really won't feel good at all...the nal will kick in and you'll get sicker. Ride it out and be nice to yourself. Get outside support however you can. I'll be around this weekend. :punchballs: :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby LastAttempt! » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 am

Cheers Guys,

Only had the Nal tester half dose and made my stomach that bad that i have not touched one since, it's been 48 hours since that dose so i just risked taking a single immodium 2mg pill, hopefully that will allow me to leave the house today as got things to do. Need to go bank and sort things out as over my overdraught at the minute.

Also a Smart Recovery Group at 18:00 not too far away from me later so hopefully will feel up to it, also broke my glasses today which i need before i can go back to work, phoned up the opticians and they said have to have a new eye test as it's been too long so booked in for that on Monday.

Rough as i feel, i'm sure i got this finally, no way in hell i'm ever using again!!!

Need to give work a date for me being back so gonna say a week on Monday which is later than i planned originally but not up to it yet, just hope i am by then.

Lee.
LastAttempt!

Next

Return to General