Relapsed, jumped again

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Relapsed, jumped again

Postby FuckThis » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:08 am

CheeZeeAnnDee wrote:Hey mr fuckthis, I was reading your reply to another poster on another thread regarding kratom and I was curious if you had ever used it and withdrawn from it. I know some people try and make sub withdrawal easier by switching to a SAO short term and then jumping or tapering from that, but I have never been real convinced about that protocol, unless they maybe use a super weak opiate. But kratom seems different and I have never tried it.

I noticed you mentioned it was relatively easy to get off of, and was wondering what your experience is. I figure for some people, it is a bad idea and they would end up with a bad Kratom habit, and it certainly seems to be a bit of a taboo subject on some boards, but I have run across people online who seem to have success using low doses to get through the worst sub withdrawal and then tapering off kratom. But a lot of them were jumping from high doses of subs onto kratom and what I am curious about is how tapering kratom is compared to tapering down to very low dose subs.

It is a hard question to find a real answer to though. Discussion of using kratom to get off subs seems to spawn the same uneasiness that discussing ibogaine does. Maybe more so. And I understand why, but I am also curious to hear from someone who has tried both tapering subs and tapering kratom.

Also how are you doing after running out of gabapentin?

My apologies for the delay, I've been working away and not had much WiFi.

It's difficult to say with Kratom, as you pointed out its different for everyone. In my experience the withdrawals were very mild and over quickly, I only took the plain stuff though. I think it's the extracts that cause problems.

Generally, the weaker the opioid, the easier it is to quit. With the exception of Tramadol, that was hell to get off.

Give Kratom a try, if it doesn't work it's easy to get back onto a lower dose of sub than you're on now.
FuckThis

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:37 pm

I'z beginning to think id run you off....calling you names and shit. Good to hear that youve been busy!! That means you are getting well!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Aqua East » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:11 am

Wow, I haven't been here in years!! I'm so sad and missing Gillabug!!! Sorry to tread on your thread, but I gotta say...just do it!!!!
Aqua East

Postby FuckThis » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:51 am

cheeps wrote:I'z beginning to think id run you off....calling you names and shit. Good to hear that youve been busy!! That means you are getting well!

Still here, still doing fairly well. Usually work away quite often but I've been off work since before Christmas. It's the first Christmas I've been clean for years, find it really hard being at home though. Boredom is a dangerous thing when it comes to relapse. It's way too cold to go out anywhere so there's not much to do other than sleep, lol.
FuckThis

Postby subster58 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Bi FT, Glad you made it back. Sorry you had to start over but it beats the alternative.

You can do it. This too shall pass and more shit will fall .ha ha. Know it's not funny. You know what I mean.

Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby FuckThis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:57 am

Thanks for your message, I hope you're doing well. Not had time to read through other posts.
FuckThis

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:11 am

Its time for some newbies to show up....something about that damn new years resolution shit.....muwhahahaha
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby FuckThis » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:53 pm

cheeps wrote:Its time for some newbies to show up....something about that damn new years resolution shit.....muwhahahaha

There's no better time to quit!
FuckThis

Previous

Return to General