My jump

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: My jump

Postby The Blind Ass » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Good job lad! I want to share something with you. A few years I ago when I had been on Subs for roughly 5 years straight at 24-16 mgs a day (sometimes more :( ) I decided to do an experiment. Knowing I would one day have to get off of opiates, I went to another country and land locked myself there and cold turkey'd in some far off monastery in a country that just simply does not have any way for a foreigner to get narcotics unless you literally walk into the ER with all of your limbs hanging on by a single vein. It was not wise, it was not nice, and I knew when I got back to the USA I would stay sober another few months and see how I was. Well let me say If I can do that You got this in the freaking bag. I was not ready then I simply wanted to know If I had it in me for when the time truly came.

If your ready and you PRECLUDE the things that can set you up for failure easily beforehand and have the guts to go to day 29 then your on your way back to normalcy. I can tell you it evens out as time goes on. I myself am about to embark on the final voyage and jump off for good. Please update us here ! It means alot to see people like you post your stories and put out your daily progress. Any one who does this and sticks to it is a champion in my eyes.
The Blind Ass

Postby Getting there » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am

Hello I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!! Things are good here, I am at 4 months totally clean, Feeling great, I was on an emotional Rollercoaster there for awhile but that ended thankfully, I spent the last 2 weeks on vacation with my husband it was awesome although the jett lag is killing me lol. If I look back on the last 4 months the thing that stands out the most is the concept of time it seems to just drag along for so long you feel like your going sideways more than forward with several steps back, for me around the 3 month mark there was a big change and now I can honestly say I feel good, the days are flying by most times way to fast, I enjoy the little things, however I am not enjoying this weather, walked my dogs this am and it was -8 what's up with that shit....Winter sucksss
Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:52 pm

That's wonderful and encouraging news! You described it well! Best wishes on your new life withOUT drugs! :cheers2: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Funny how the one month and three month mark seem to be rough for so many people. Glad to know that after three months, you started to feel stronger. I can't wait to get there one day,

Thank you for updating. As someone trying to taper, I really appreciate hearing your journey.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Getting there » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi all, so things really good here, Coming up on 6 months here soon I have no cravings that's not to say I don't think about it every once in a while usually right before I do somthing that I would always do high but It's a passing thought and it's gone as quick as it appears! At this point I can say NO WAY in hell would I ever rewind the clock!! Life is good with all its ups and downs. I am happier than I have been in a very long time, but...... I have been experiencing some anxiety returning lately for the last week or so I have experienced that very unwelcome feeling in the pit of my stomach usually at night. I haven't experienced any change in sleeping I still go to sleep pretty quick and wake at the break of dawn so that's good not sure what's up yet maybe it's just the stress of this time of year the weather sucks really just wish it would warm up already I blame that darn ground hog..Lol anyone want to go ground hunting lol :D :D other than the weather only other stress is sons second year tuition coming due hell who am I kidding that's enough to stress anyone : :banghead: :banghead: that's about it here just noticed more stress and this anxious feeling l8ke I am waiting for somethinges. ... :gaah: :gaah: hope everyone is doing good,!!!
Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Eyedotz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:33 am

Congrats! I totally understand about the anxiety as it happened to me too. It did run its course so hopefully, it will for you. I worried that life without drugs for me was going to be anxiety ridden but thankfully it seems like it was an aspect of paws. I battled anxiety with brisk walking and headphones. Sleep is the same for me still. It seems to be just the 'new me'. I can fall asleep pretty easily but I cannot sleep past 6:30-7. It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep... I would love to sleep until 9 one day...nope.

It's so nice to see so many have successful jumps/happy lives after. Thank you for checking back in....it will help countless others make the decision to jump as well. Again, congrats.
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Learning to cope with anxiety sucks and as you have found out, it is a major trigger for self medicating.

Money and unhappy family situations are the biggest cause and they do sneak up because these issues are always around us....welll :twisted: unless you have no family and are wealthy.

Good to hear from you! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last bumped by cheeps on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:39 pm.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to General