My jump

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: My jump

Postby FuckThis » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:31 pm

You've done incredibly well so far. How is your sleep now compared to when you first quit? I bet you're getting a lot more.
FuckThis

Postby Getting there » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Day 30, if I look back I am definitely sleeping better then the first week or so, I have had insomnia for quite some time so I am sure that's not helping things, I will say even with the broken sleep I am still getting 6 to 7 hrs luckily I don't have much trouble going back to sleep once I wake up, I also don't feel so exhausted all the time anymore, I still get tired pretty easy but it's getting easier to just push through, anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach
comes and goes through out the day, seems more noticeable when I'm sitting around, which I can not do much of gotta keep busy, my mind is mostly clear I still get moments through out the day I feel foggy but they are getting less. I am very lucky I didn't have to worry about work through this, My husband supports us, that being said As any stay at home mom knows it's a job in itself, I stay very busy keeping the day to day life going, I am still trying to figure out life being sober And all that goes with it, My youngest left for college this year so the house is empty for the most part so figuring out who I am sober without a bunch of kids around not to mention reconnecting with my husband we have been married raising kids so long that we are very different people then we were 20 years ago, I can say I am feeling more than I have in a long time !,, All in all 30 days and counting life is good!!
Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Getting there » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 am

Day 38, doing good, still sneezing not as much though, sleep is getting better I sleep about 3 to 4 hrs at a time so much better to only wake up once in the night instead of several times, my head is clear, I am happy, I laugh daily.my energy is doing good I have no trouble getting up and going all day, I have no cravings so that's a plus, I not had any anxiety since mid last week, at this point it's definitely easier to look at things in a weekly frame It's seems easier to see improvements, We actually are having a break from the fall weather up here in new England so I am going to take my grandson to the beach to enjoy it probably be the last time before the snow is up to our asses
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Subblind » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:10 am

Good for you...your doing great and you must feel very relieved to be this far out.
Enjoy this summer weather we're having in the NE,you know this will be the last of it until we start begging for spring again...I may just go chase some striped bass with the boat before it gets hauled out for the winter,when God gives you a beautiful day take advantage of it because next week may be a 45 degrees and raining sideways.nothing more depressing than seeing your boat shrink wrapped on a trailer when it's cold out and your an eternity away from nice weather....have a great day with your grand baby...
Subblind

Postby Getting there » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:35 am

Subblind- You are so right, Ugh this weather yesterday was supposed to be 75 and sunny hell it never got above 53 was cloudy and drizzling, I have always been told in new England if you don't like the weather give it a minute lol, on a brighter note today looks much nicer it sunny and already 69 so we might actually make it out on the beach instead of staring out the window,lol If you didn't get out on your boat you definitely should would be a beautiful day for it, I would rather be on the boat then the beach any day. And I agree this will probably be the last time we get to feel the sunshine warmth for awhile, We took a drive last weekend and the higher mountain peaks already have white peaks from the ice so it's coming!!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 am

Well it was 81 here on LI,NY yesterday and same on tap for today.your seeing snow on the mountains by you I'm assuming your in Maine...may be your last chance at beach weather so DO IT!!
Weather can be strange,I'm now recalling a Christmas either last year or the year before it was 68 degrees out...had a houseful and with all the cooking I pulled the covers off the air conditioning units and turned on the central AC...That was bizarre to say the least,but we were all sweating like it was Memorial Day...shoulda had a damn BBQ...
Subblind

Postby Getting there » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:20 am

Day 40 here I had to actually think about that one lol, I am doing good, still sneezing, and that's about it physically sleeping is OK I wake up about 3 hrs after falling asleep then up with the sun so getting 6 to 7 hours which I have gotten used to insomnia is a bitch and I have dealt with it a few years so not expecting that to get better, I am up and about 14 to 16 hours a day no issue with energy to do that I still take 5 hr energy in the morning and have coffee in the afternoon but hell that's just age related lol, everyone talks about finding music again and this is true for me to! The louder the better just makes me feel alive.
Subblind- I believe that was last Christmas it was crazy as hell 60 degrees in December, the winter before that was horrible literally had snow piles up to second story roof, I remember my husband shoveling snow taking a break and sitting on top of our 6 foot fence out back lol, but you were close not Maine the great north woods NH area might as well be Maine lol..
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:10 am

Congrats on 40 days! could the sneezing be allergy related?

Insomnia really does blow. I haven't jumped yet and still wake up well before the sun is up. Trying my best to get used to it.

Thanks for updating.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Getting there » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:31 am

Day-52 The days are still getting easier, some days I don't even think about what day I'm on, and this morning I realized I have not sneezed in a couple days hopefully that's over lol.I have been taking melatonin at night and most the time I can get 4 hrs straight before waking up,I am still up at sunrise but that's not so bad makes for lots of time to get everything done, I have noticed some mixing up names like calling my grandson my son's name or even worse calling him my dogs name lol to be fair they both are constantly wanting attention or getting into somthing..but that could just as well be age related.. as far as normal energy goes I have no idea Because I am so much older now than when I started all this that of course I can not expect to feel like I used too. But I can not complain right now I babysit my grandson 9 hrs a day and keep up with him so I'm doing good.my mood is good I feel happy most of the time I do notice that my emotions are pretty raw I get upset and stressed pretty quick and it takes me a bit to level my mood back out so yeah all in all I'm ok
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:31 pm

That sounds like a good report to me...as far as mixing up names...you'll get over that in your next life! Us old fucks get a pass for that shit!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:50 pm

HAHAH...LOL,break out the fucking GERITOL
Subblind

Postby Getting there » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:14 am

Day 60.... that feels great to be able to say, I can't really think of any symptoms at all right now, sleep is still improving I am getting a solid 5 hrs straight before waking briefly and going back to sleep, another 2 or 3, I also have no trouble going to sleep out within 10 minutes laying down so that's a major plus..I have been having a headache about 3 times a week not sure what that's about. I can say I am happier than I have been in years My days are clear I have a range of emotions Instead of just numb and pissed, I am still taking most the same vitamins drinking tons water exercising and 5 hour energy around noon need that boost to keep up with the grandson lol.
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Subblind » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:35 am

Life is good...great post...keep going strong
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:22 am

Getting there wrote:Day 60.... that feels great to be able to say, I can't really think of any symptoms at all right now, sleep is still improving I am getting a solid 5 hrs straight before waking briefly and going back to sleep, another 2 or 3, I also have no trouble going to sleep out within 10 minutes laying down so that's a major plus..I have been having a headache about 3 times a week not sure what that's about. I can say I am happier than I have been in years My days are clear I have a range of emotions Instead of just numb and pissed, I am still taking most the same vitamins drinking tons water exercising and 5 hour energy around noon need that boost to keep up with the grandson lol.

Yeeehaw!! That's worth two of the yellow guys. :banana: :banana:
And a few of these too... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Have you cut out any caffeine lately? That's in a lot of stuff and cutting back will sometimes bring on a headache.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Getting there » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:11 am

Not lately no in the beginning I had to due to the anxiety but I'm back up to my normal amount of caffeine actually I would have to say higher because I take the 5 hour energy everyday, I went last week had my eyes checked to see if that's causing the headaches Dr said they looked good the decline in my sight I have noticed is normal I'm just getting older Thanks doc!! So for now I'm just hoping they go away as fast as they started.
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Getting there » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:15 am

Day 90, Life is good! I have no physical symptoms left. My energy levels are great, I am getting excited about life again I used to need a pill to feel that way and it great to just naturally enjoy the little things.I had a house full of family for the last 3 weeks I was nervous about how I would handle it, thankfully it was wonderful, It was crazy to have all 3 of my grown children and their significant others home at the same time,The best part was being sober and feeling all the emotions I am supposed to feel. Sleep....I finally found it, I no longer take anything before bed I can just close my eyes and go to sleep which is awesome, My sleep time has changed, I used to be a night person, not the case anymore I'm in bed by 9 up around 6,
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Thank you so much for updating. Spending time like that with your family is an amazing gift. You really give me hope that my own jump will go well too.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Subblind » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Life is good...you should feel very blessed.great to hear something positive...enjoy your life,you worked hard for it...
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Getting there wrote:Day 90, Life is good! I have no physical symptoms left. My energy levels are great, I am getting excited about life again I used to need a pill to feel that way and it great to just naturally enjoy the little things.I had a house full of family for the last 3 weeks I was nervous about how I would handle it, thankfully it was wonderful, It was crazy to have all 3 of my grown children and their significant others home at the same time,The best part was being sober and feeling all the emotions I am supposed to feel. Sleep....I finally found it, I no longer take anything before bed I can just close my eyes and go to sleep which is awesome, My sleep time has changed, I used to be a night person, not the case anymore I'm in bed by 9 up around 6,

Amazing about the sleep..eh? Life without opies will get you back to a normal sleep state...eventually! That's good news! :banana: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi and Welcome to ss. I just read your story and you are amazing and kicking subs ass to the curb. Good for you. No matter what's going on you keep pushing forward. you are giving inspiration and hope to many people.
You did the best you could while raising your family, so kick quilt to the curb. Easier said than done I know.
keepup the good work..
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

PreviousNext

Return to General