My jump

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

My jump

Postby Getting there » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:00 am

I was on subutex for a little over 6 years before that years of opiate abuse, I finally had enough and was tired of being dependant on a pill, so over a 10 day period along with my best friend, we tapered from 4mg a day to .5 stayed there for a week, Saturday the 9th we took our last dose.
Day-1 some chills
Day-2 chills feeling foggy walked 4 miles
Day-3 still freezing, sleep getting harder anxiety picking up very nauseous have to force myself to eat, only able to walk .5 mile today
Day4 same as yesterday
Day 5 chills upset stomach body feels so tired no motivation, only selpt 2 hrs last night, skin is crawling gotta move. Walked 4 miles
Day6 still no more than 2 hrs sleep chills not constant cold more than not so tired walked 5.5 miles
Day7 same as yesterday no new symptoms except I slept 6hrs walked 3 miles
Day8 finally took off my sweatshirt today temp seems to be regulating still wearing a lead suit lower back is really hurting
Day 9 started bad no sleep at all emotions everywhere can't stop crying took 12mg imodium helped so much took 5 hrs energy finally able to force self to move walked 3.5 miles
Day 10 slept 6 hrs last night feel good just this darn lead suit walked 4 miles

So far day 11 is going okay Slept 4 hrs last night anxiety not as intense I have some back pain no motivation but head feels clearer, I have been taking a ton of vitamins every morning with breakfast I drink as much water as I can handle and have been taking a 5 hour energy daily for the last 5 days, I know I still have a long way to go, and I'm going with my head up, this drug took too much from me I refuse to allow it to have anymore, I am not sure why but I have not had any restless leg (yet) no vomiting or diarrhea at this point mostly not sleeping back pain sneezing although not as much as last week, I wanted to post this to put a positive experience out there . I honestly believe if our minds are ready for this if your in the right place and you give your body what it needs it will prevail. SO FAR I had 1 really bad day I was laying on floor crying all I could think was stupid stupid girl what have you done!!! Until my jump partner kicked me in the butt literally made me move, Every morning I force myself to move. My best friend will post her experiences soon as they are different but still positive thank you for all the info here its helped me do this it gives me hope makes me keep fighting.
Day 11
Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Re: My jump

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Wow, congrats on rocking through such a fast taper, and it sounds like you have a great jump partner. I am looking forward to hearing how you guys are doing, so I hope you keep updating. I am tapering now, and down to 0.24mg but going slow and going to aim for about a fourth of what I am on if possible. Mega props to you guys for jumping at 0.5.

I hope the next couple weeks go easy on you guys.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Subblind » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:55 am

Fucking WOW!!! You gotta tell us more...and keep up the day by day experiences.Fucking WOW
Subblind

Postby Getting there » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:52 am

So day 12 has started okay, I had a hell of a time settling down last night could not lay still just had that gotta move feeling but eventually was able to get 4 hrs, dragging myself out of bed wasn't as hard today I didn't want to move but the lead suit feels a bit lighter I get up every morning eat I take a ton of vitamins then head out for a long walk within an hour of waking up. I walk atleast 3 miles with my jump partner she has a 3 yr old we take turns pushing the stroller and that seems to set the tone for the day it makes all the symptoms go away sometime for a couple hours sometimes for just 1 but it's that break that allows me to see I can do this I have no cravings at all, had sub appt Tuesday and I didn't even consider going, I can tell my emotions are scattered I get stressed really easy and doing daily tasks are a chore I never imagined it could be so hard to do a load of laundry it seems the hardest thing is to just move once I am up walking around I'm okay sure I'm tired but I feel better if I sit anxiety will get the best of me as far as what I take its all over the counter
Advil and Tylenol
Fish oil
Mega doses vit c
B-12
Calcium, magnesium,and zinc
Stress B complex
Potassium
Multi vit
5-Htp
Valerian root
Benedryl
5 hr energy
Imodium only took this a couple times cause I have not had diarrhea I only took it when I couldn't function.
As for today so far I'm a bit restless skin crawling every once in awhile but my appetite is coming back slowly still tired but not as heavy sneezing like crazy
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby cheeps » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Fantastic girlie....you are awesome and getting it done!! How fortunate to have a real life jump buddy! Please update and we'd love to hear from your friend too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Getting there » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 am

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and support it means alot!! Day 13 is now started, actually felt okay this morning I actually felt happy waking up, of course I could have slept longer but my mind had other ideas, last night was long the nights bring anxiety and restlessness it's not severe anxiety anymore just that gotta move feeling, I didn't sleep but an hour or 2 at a time, I do wonder sometimes how long my body can keep this up I'm sleeping 4 hrs at most a night soon as the sun is up I'm wide awake and I go all day long, still not able to just sit and relax. The lead suit is mostly gone I can tell the fog in my mind is clearing, still have lack of motivation and get goose bumps every once in awhile and lower back pain and still sneezing. That's the worse of the symptoms at this point, As far as my jump partner she plans on posting but unfortunately being sober has not helped her procrastination at all yet hopefully that will change as am very thankful to have someone to go through this with it helps to have someone to kick you in the ass when needed. I'm feeling a bit more anxious today my youngest son is coming home from college for the weekend I was high most of his childhood I would like to tell myself he didn't know as I was a functioning drug addict at least that's what I told myself but looking back I have no doubt he knew something maybe not exactly what but that something was different .. I am just hoping for a good weekend , I have missed so much of my children's lives I thought I was there but wasn't now that time is gone I hate that I gave it up for a high but no more I will cherish every second from now on..... this is my life my choice and I choose to be sober to feel to laugh to cry to get pissed......
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:46 am

I'm just so proud of you and your son should be too. Mine was very helpful to me. I was honest with him....still am....that helped. Not sure what your son knows but secrets are damning sometimes. Kids do know somethings different and maybe you'll have an opening this weekend to talk with him. Maybe he needs to see you fighting for your life back. I dunno. Your call.

As far as sleep....take what rest you can get and be happy with that. Any is precious right now so give yourself opportunity to do do. Hot showers, low light, aromatherapy....

Your back will eventually calm down and the chills too. The sneezing will take a while. Is your smeller off the chain yet?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Getting there » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Yes it is very sensitive to smells!!!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby brexit » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Well done so far, Getting there. Keep on posting, you'll be helping many, many people, including yourself! All the best. brexit.
brexit

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 am

How you doing there girlie?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RobKYOH » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 am

Hey getting there, just wanted to say that your posts are inspirational to read.. It really seems like you're determined to get through this and that is the best thing for me to read, considering I'm on day 5.. One thing I waned to add is that you Have to be an incredible mom to of made sure that your son got to college even though addiction had you. You should be extremely proud of yourself for making it this far.. Hope you have a great day!
RobKYOH

Postby Getting there » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Yep I'm still here, yesterday went in a whirlwind I'm not even sure where it went, I guess that's a good thing right?!? Still dealing with a bit of anxiety in the pit of my stomach, it's not horrible just more irritating than anything, I actually passed out last night within 10 minutes of laying down I woke up every 2 hours all night long needing to pee, the down fall of drinking so much water but had no trouble falling back to sleep, My perception of time is a lot better now it's not crawling anymore, and every day I feel better than the one before I would like to say I feel normal but who the hell knows what's normal for me, Went for a hike in the woods the other it's a walk I have done several times before but it was strange it all seemed new Like I had never walked it before, so this is day 15 Man that sounds good to say, I feel okay, no motivation but once I'm up I have no problem staying up and busy, most the physical symptoms are gone, and my energy is slowly getting better I don't have to force myself to walk anymore, well time for me to move time to cook some dinner and finish off this weekend it was a good one!! Thank you everyone again for the support and encouragement it means so much!!!!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Subblind » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Hats off to you...BRAVO
Subblind

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Wow, day fifteen! That is awesome! How is your jump partner?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Getting there » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:14 pm

So day 17 here, and it's getting easier to just be, still can't sit around cause the anxiety kicks in but it comes and goes the nights are the hardest they are so long still only sleeping 2 hrs at a time in all getting about 5 hours a night anxiety seems to really pick up soon as I lay down, other than that it's mostly just a lack of motivation which is not all that bad just spending a lot of time talking myself into moving once I'm up I am good, I am not near as tired as I was the last 2 weeks and my head is clearing more everyday, The busier I keep my mind the better I feel,
Cheezeeanndee, my jump partner is doing well also actually seems to be adjusting quicker than me, She is sleeping about 7 hrs a night and still sneezes once in awhile other than that seems to be the motivation for her too although she has a 3 year old little boy and is a single mom so has no choice but to move constantly, I watch that kiss run circles around her all day and think wow if I could just bottle a little of that energy I would be grand lol, We are still walking everyday average between 5 and 7 miles a day which seems crany sometimes but we have walked like that for years I know it helps a lot I feel so much better after A long walk, I wonder if that helped both of us skip the restless leg, cause when I stopped before I always got it so who knows, I believe totally that it has a lot to do with the frame of mind your in any which way you look at it wd sucks but I think we can make things easier if your in the right frame of mind, well it's time for Meveryone to go relax put on headphones listen to music hopefully sleep will come earlier tonight I know I sure could use it....
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby cheeps » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 am

This is just wonderful....it it's as it should be....yaaaaay for you two!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Getting there » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Day 19- I don't feel bad, no major physical symptoms left, sleep is OK 5 to 7 hrs a night, still low energy but tons better than last week, anxiety has been better the last 2 days time will tell if it stays that way, my head is a lot clearer, there for the first week or so It was pretty messed up like I wasn't in control, I still have moments where I feel I little out of it but they are getting less and less.So All in all I'm okay....
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby Getting there » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:36 am

Day 26, Not much to say the last week has been okay, still get chills every once in awhile but they don't last long and still sneezing like crazy, sleep still hard some nights are better than others, still wake up every 2 hours, sometimes I feel I take one step forward then move sideways for a couple days, my days are getting easier, Most days I have no trouble getting everything done, head is pretty clear most of the time.
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Postby FuckThis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Last time I quit my sleep was the last thing to return to normal, it was gradual and took about a month before I could get 7 hours. I'm so pissed that I've got to do it again.
FuckThis

Postby Getting there » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:20 am

Day 29, I can't believe it's already been a month tom time moved so slow but looking back it's flown by, my biggest complaint would be sleep I am getting about 5 or 6 hours broken sleep wake up every 2 hrs like clock work my energy seems to be directly related to how much sleep I get, 5 hour energy gets me going. Yesterday took my grandson to an amusement park had an awesome day, First time I have rode a roller coaster in about 9 years it was great!! I laughed so hard it was awesome to be there and be sober! My anxiety seems to be back it's not severe it doesn't interfere with my day but does keep me up at night! This too shall pass!!
-Dean Kamazes
Getting there

Next

Return to General